God fucking dammit

god fucking dammit
i NEVER thought i would be disappointed in fucking Dragon Ball like I have been with Super

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1SZ-SjB1H-g?t=1m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it literally deels like a Saturday morning cartoon than an anime

Yea I feel you. Don't know where the writing went with super honestly.

>every arc i say "Ok now THIS is gonna be the redeeming arc"
>disappointed again tine after time
Toriyama is a hack that got lucky with DB

why is Super so shit lads?

>i NEVER thought i would be disappointed in fucking Dragon Ball
You mean like GT, the Hollywood trash, the countless shitty OVAs and the terrible pacing of Z in the first place?

look at me mom im trying to fit into the cool 'i hate anime on the animeboard' thread

I thought the Goku black arc was nice but did disappoint in some areas

Literally Anything after the Perfect Cell saga is shit
This isnt news

*raff*

>you have to like all anime to post on Sup Forums
i bet you are one of those faggots that watch those girly animes

where do you think we are

>tune in this week
>super hyped for the bugs
>was expecting some fucking "we trained as hard as you guys did, and despite being this small, were on ssbkkx20 level!" shit
>wanted a few episodes of them rocking uni 7's world, maybe even doing a potara fusing gag where they are smaller than the potaras so they cant work
at least they got piccolo. he was one of the few that needed a knockoff already. kinda sucks that this has really become a tournament of POWER, and not one of skill or intelligence. the only ones left that are technique/strategy based now are the machines. fucking BORA BORA and such. but they are gonna fuse into a meme one episode boss next episode anyways. and this episodes erasure was light hearted as possible, he they got a side antagonist ending, just killed off in the fraction of a second. no tension built, no release. it hit like a feather that their whole universe disappeared. altogether this episode was probably one of the highest potential/lowest followthrough in this whole arc. im seriously disappointed

but is it still better than GT?

Ye

yes by the sheer fact it has fights that last longer than 5 seconds with hits that actually connect

Super is literally fanfic

No

Vegeta seems to be having an easy time in the ToP. Reaching the final stretch and he's still in pristine condition.

>Surprised a Sunday morning Japanese cartoon is like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Nigga, get a bowl of cereal, turn off your brain and enjoy the ride.

"I'm not giving my energy to Kakarot"

Except I liked Dragon Ball. Super is just terrible.

dragon ball is excellent
dragon ball z can be good
super is dogshit.

nope I enjoy Super every week
today's episode was shit I admit but who cares we got like 10 amazing ones in a row

>After
The second he goes perfect is the second DB turns into shit. He was a much more menacing villain before he became perfect. Sure, Smug Cell is nice, but what is the point of him after that? He could've just settled with being perfect and called it a day.

youtu.be/1SZ-SjB1H-g?t=1m
>tfw no one remembers this

>vegetacucks right now

>S-Cells
Really nigga? Midi-chlorians in Dragonball? When did this start?

Nah, the "Goku trains a little and and beat the bad guy that beat him" got old pretty fast.

Nah it's pretty good

At moment, yes
Overall, no

Wow they did a throw back and I never noticed.

Name a show of 100+ episodes that was good all the time

He wanted to know how strong he really was, and fighting Goku was the ultimate test tto him.
iirc he says it once himself that the part of him that is saiyan wants to keep on fighting and getting stronger.

But what he said is that super is not good overall, not that an anime needs to have only good episodes to be good overall

You guys are just salty because ya boy piccolo fell out!

It's literally a children's saturday morning cartoon, treat it as such and don't take it seriously.

I saw the rainbow colored hair and I was like "Nope. Never again."
I'm glad Super can't ruin my childhood if I don't watch it.

Wow. I will definitely never watch Super now. Fuck this shit I'm out.

Malcolm in the Middle: 151 episodes. Not a single bad one. The thing about animes based on mangas and shows based on novels/comics is that they have plenty of filling episodes to inflate the seasons.

he was asked a bunch why SSJ are so much stronger than every race, his answer was it's based on the number of S-cell they have, seems like some retard shit he came up with because how dumb and senile he is so it's easy to remember.

For some reason hybrids gain S-cell so it's an asspull to explain Goten/truns/pan

Still doesn't explain U6 bs unless he asspulls that U6 SSJ have more S-cell in their back or some other crap.

How is it any worse than DBZ?

he made some bullshit up about S-cell numbers exploding if a saiyan is nice. So U6 saiyans are like the U7 hybrids.

>intelligence
>the first invisible enemy tried pushing people standing close to the edge of the arena
>let me fight this one while standing next to the edge
Sasuga Piccolo, truly a genius-tier intellect.
Thank god for #17, he is the real MVP of this tournament for me.

So, like Dragon Ball?

cell just wanted to have fun

>I'm out.
>when he wasn't in it in the first place

Also, that's just something Toriyama mentioned.
Really doubt it'll ever come out in the anime.

Why?
There's no difference between that and turning blond.
The very concept of a Super Saiyan was dumb as fuck and it's what made DBZ unwatchable.

>there's no difference between turning into an aryan superman and turning into a trendy progressive hipster

Oh wow, so it's a muh race thing?
That's fucking stupid.
Then we should just head into the fact that the only worthwhile characters in Dragon Ball are Saiyans, they are aliens, and it has made a big point in showing that humans are a worthless species full of weaklings incapable of doing anything on their own.

they really fucked up the characters in super, but im not going to forget their roles.
>piccolo is the strategist
>goku is the MVP all years
>gohan is the loose cannon
>vegeta is the prince of all smugness
>krillin is the OG human that has human-like fear but does what hes got to do
>tiens just a reliable guy in general
>frieza is the most evil man in the universe
>17 and 18 are the sadistic emotionless twins
>and roshi is THE master.

Don't like it don't watch it retard nobody is forcing you simple as that...

>M-MOM, LOOK I'M BLONDE, I-I'M JUST LIKE GOKU AND I GET STRONGER BY GETTING BUTTHURT
This is why representation is so fucking pathetic, because it makes people believe they are the characters they see on TV.
That's why media should simply stop using human characters, to clean up these industries of manchildren.

Which makes sense because the saiyans unlock their true potential by unleashing their true, aryan form. The aryan ubermensch is a level above the average human anyway, which is represented by them being alien in DBZ.

It doesn't even affect the story in any meaningful way
Why are you fags mad about this

No, not really, pic related is Goku's true inner potential.

Its still plot-wise better than GT, it just seems too light-hearted for those who grew up with the intense violence Z. But overall I still think its a nice entry into the series with the inclusion of some new mechanics.

>super
Which part of "it's shit and goes against the entire ethos of the original work" escapes your pea brain?

I thought i would be angry after watching the "Piccolo slips!" spoilers but after watching last episode I must say that I am satisfied with Piccolo's role in this tournament. I can't wait for 2028 when Piccolo does something cool again in Dragon Ball Extreme.

Plenty considering Dragon Ball Z did that too.
In fact, everything after the Tien arc did, since that's when Goku's character arc ended, everything afterwards has been endless power creep.
Everything afterwards was just a lazy cashgrab.
Hell, your beloved Super Saiyan is just a result of Toriyama being lazy and not wanting to ink Goku's hair, Toriyama hasn't given a single fuck about Dragon Ball long before Super Saiyans even came into play.

Except the aryan ubersmench is a weak ass pussy because he's a worthless human too.
Humanity is a worthless species incapable of doing anything at all.
Saiyans are like compared to them.
In fact, a couple of transformations are God-tier, precisely the ones that shed away any human features, since that would be a handicap.

What fucking "ethos"?
You think there was some original plan?
Toriyama went along pulling shit out of his ass all the way.
He even forgot the massive plot hole regarding Cell's self destruction because absolutely nothing in DBZ was planned, it was just more and more power creep followed by increasingly retarded haircuts, culminating in the peak retardation that Super Saiyan 3 is, which, funny enough, turned out to be completely pointless since SS3 only won one fight, and it was in a movie.

>t-that doesn't count because muh blondes
Dude, Fusion Reborn has a parody of Hitler that Toriyama used to make fun of people who think like you when he realized what the concept of getting a power up but turning blonde could mean.
He didn't even intend to make them blond in the first place, originally SS was white haired, and so was Android 18.
Hell, 18 is actually silver haired in the manga covers.

If it's shit then it hasn't changed much.

So, you like Z and dislike Super because muh politics?

What are their roles in Super?

>muh politics
Culture, you stupid fuck. Z is based on germanic myth and legends, glorifying the true hardworking, strong and virtuous ideal of the germanic that the Germans introduced to Japan during WWII. During the latter parts of Z and onwards was when the series abandoned those roots and went to total shit.

S P O O K E D

Caulifla is a fucking cunt though.

Z is based on absolutely nothing.
Dragon Ball was based on Journey to the West, up until Goku's character arc ended with Tien's arc, when Dragon Ball should have ended.
Ever since then it was just empty and pointless power creep that Toriyama kept up because hey, it printed money.

>glorifying the true hardworking, strong and virtuous ideal of the germanic that the Germans introduced to Japan during WWII
What the hell are you talking about?
Fusion Reborn has a parody of Hitler that's basically laughing at everything you just said.
DBZ isn't even about hard work, the entire point of Dragon Ball Z is that hard work is irrelevant because getting butthurt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> training, that's exactly how Gohan went Super Saiyan 2.

And I assume that you have literally no examples of this aside from the fact that Super Saiyan makes them turn blond, a transformation that was originally meant to be white haired.
Hell, Ultra Instinct is closer to the idea of Super Saiyan that Toriyama had than what SS ended up being.

>show that starts out with monkey boy slapping girls to see if they have a peepee has deeper cultural implications
Spic or nigger, which one are you?

for retards like you maybe. Super is actually top kek.

I wonder what kind of cultural reference this is.

I'm sure you're the expert on DB lore. Fucking nostalgifag retard.

>talking about aryan masterrace
>inserting politics where they never were

which one are you? fat americunt or spic? Because only those two are obsessed with proving they're white

>That's why media should simply stop using human characters, to clean up these industries of manchildren.
>implying that would do shit

At least it would get rid of the ones whining about muh representation.

>He doesn't like Super
Faggot.

>he thinks Toriyama gives a fuck about politics
>he thinks Toriyama even knows what being left-wing or right-wing is

Toriyama has always been an awkward autist who really liked drawing and making weird characters, that's it, he has never shown too much interest in the world.
Hell, even at his 60s, he's still working on DBS just because he really likes designing characters.
That's all he still does now, just living in an average house drawing weird characters.

This will sound weird to you, but the vast majority of people in this planet are apolitical and don't give a shit about society, politics, government and just want to live a quiet and comfy live, and Toriyama is one of those.

>piccolo is woah they are so strong! listen to me im piccolo!
>goku is actually pretty much still doing his thing
>vegeta is knocking everyone off cause hes the only one who wants to win and isnt fucking around, but hes vegeta so he cant do shit until the beginning of the next arc. so hes basically a liability
>GOHAN captain mister cant keep his cool for shit and thats his best quality is the strategist and leader (???) QUESTIONMARK
>krillin didnt last two seconds due to gloating he totally stopped doing by the end of dragonball, his role was "oh shit aliens dont see like we do wtf?!?!?!"
>tien shouldnt have been there at all, dende would have been more useful with his healing the kikoho shadowclone jutsu jumps off the ring like a fucking idiot triclps. hes filler for a 10 man team
>freezypop better have a damn goal in this, cause all he does is go OH HO HO HO to remind us how funny fighting is. also reminding us gohan isnt gohan and is immagofuckingcryimaweaklingnowpleasedontkillmemrcell
>17 is pretty chill, i like his eyeliner. hes silent hero.
>roshi is a pokemon master wannabe trying to catch them all and shit and fucking has a heart attack doing it and almost gets our best guy out like the burden he is.
yamcha shoulda got in this tournament and shoulda done a baseball episode against jiren

Sasuga Sup Forumscucks.Get the fuck out.

I need this meme to end no one pumped up those bugs except meme Lord's who spammed that Leave jiren the gray shit with that yardat asshole.

>oh shit aliens dont see like we do wtf?!?!?!
Laffed

it was pretty much a filler episode done by outsourcing. Who the fuck cares?

i thought everyone knew already that most of the best ideas of the manga come from his editors, like adding Cell

It literally is a Sunday morning cartoon in Japan.

Ok so its

Universe 2: Love and Magical Girls
Universe 3: Intelligence and Robot
Universe 4: Manipulation And Cheating
Universe 5: ???
Universe 6: Mirror Universe
Universe 7: Mirror Universe
Universe 8: ???
Universe 9: Crime and Furries
Universe 10: Strenght and Beasts
Universe 11: Justice and Superheros.
Universe 12: ???

>streamfag
Lurk for 2 years

At least the u2 and u6 erase episode was well directed with good build up and pacing. 119 was so fucking awful with how that little mouse jew and his shitter gimmick fighters were hyped up. Why weren't the invisible and bug guys doing that shit since the beginning? They could have taken out so many high level people.

I can guarantee you that at least 80% of the people in super generals don’t watch it at all, and that from the remaining 20%, a third watch it ironically.
t. Ironic watcher

just read the manga

>it's an Sup Forums thinks their entire medium is above critique episode

>Why weren't the invisible and bug guys doing that shit since the beginning? They could have taken out so many high level people.
Why were they doing it now? They could've just hid until everyone except Goku or Jiren was left, run the clock out, and declared victory.

Everyone told me last night ep wasnt worth watching and had to pack for vacation so I let it go.

Paid 8 bucks for wifi on the flight and put it on for gigs. Not the best episode ever but was enjoyable, and Piccolo/Krillen/Gohan are my favorites.

All this bitching must just be from waifuturds and vegetashitters annoyed were finally entering the long fortold CHADhan golden age of episodes.

Your shit prince nothing should even have Blue (or any of his forms really) welfare power ups for the edgelord kids who watch the show.

Super is fine, its a shonen show for kids about karate punching bug mem and aliens. The sentai jokes are just barely jokes when you get right down to it.

i checked out after the awful jiren fight, fully intending to drop it. watched one or two more episodes since it had become routine, but the kale/califlower/whatever vs goku fight made me drop it. used the time to finish cowboy bebop and im watching samurai champloo now. much happier.

So you replaced garbage with other garbage?
How about you actually watch something worthwhile?

>I can't hate garbage because its garbage

I honestly can't decide which one is worse, Fairy Tail or Dragon Ball Super