Violet Evergarden

Episode 3 is already being shown in Cinemas right now and first people starting report on twitter that saw it.

As expected praising it. More impressions and hopefully spoilers about episode will be available towards evening. New PV too hopefully.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xHsdyzK-QJU
youtu.be/J-wWrqjM4Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=24RYgiLNZRU
youtu.be/-rrrOCor-Eg
youtu.be/CyX6Kf31QDU
youtube.com/watch?v=j41zGmKccb8
youtube.com/watch?v=R9r_uON22-E
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGDC73Qvh0
youtu.be/lg3utMSLslk
twitter.com/dakota_game/status/939838640179384320
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Some people watch it right now in Shinjuku, but mostly seems people will go watch in evening.

Appeared to day in NewType, Animage and ShinQ along with Ishidate interview and posters

So, any impressions yet?

Well can't see it anyway. I got no Netflix.

People on twitter are mostly posting about heading to watch it right now, or scheduling to watch it tonight at 21 or so.

The very few that already watched it just praise it and tell that specific episode was fun (which is atypical for VEG drama) and very fancy movie quality.

Note the wet dress during rain segment.

How long has this been in production now?

I really hope they didn't blow the budget on the first three episodes and the show will actually live up to the hype.

Depends on what constitutes "production". If planning for anime and preparing stuff, then since 2014.

If actual animation, then only since summer 2016. As of last autumn they still didnt even know what format it`ll be, TV or Movie. Also new novel was released recently, and stuff from it is confirmed to be included into anime too.

So actual Animation is done in last 6-8 months or so, and they were still working on it in full tempo as they prescreened first two episodes and possibly still unfinished.

>then only since summer 2016

Pretty sure that's still very long in advance compared to other tv anime

KyoAni level of detail is insane.

So are people just hype about this because of the gratuitous animation?

>gratuitous animation
and supertb art is quality worthy of praise and hype on itself.

But it also has a great story too and stands out among the most anime stuff. Main reason to hype is that its litterally KyoAni magnum opus - the biggest and most hyped and marketed by them project so far that they aim to make breach to worldwide.

Are you serious or is this a falseflag?

Seriously dont care if you think either. When it airs, everything will be revealed and set in places.

I read the novel though, and i love it and eagerly await it.

Which magazine is this from? It looks like a pinup but there are no credits on it.

No idea, taken from twitter. Its published three magazines today, so not such which comes from which.

Newtype

OP Song
youtu.be/xHsdyzK-QJU

ED Song
youtu.be/J-wWrqjM4Z8

Violet theme
youtube.com/watch?v=24RYgiLNZRU

>TRUE

yes

Thanks. I love these sort of illustrations so I might get the issue for it.

>Violet theme
Music for anime is by Evan Call
youtu.be/-rrrOCor-Eg
youtu.be/CyX6Kf31QDU
youtube.com/watch?v=j41zGmKccb8
youtube.com/watch?v=R9r_uON22-E
youtube.com/watch?v=1kGDC73Qvh0
youtu.be/lg3utMSLslk

I love her design. So elegant.

Gosick of our generation

More like a mix of FMA and gosick.

Technically, its mix of Mahoromantic with Kino`s Journey

Don't forget Tegami Bachi.

Oh my fucking god, The wait is unbearable.

Kyoani really went all in on this and it looks fucking amazing.

There is no bug monsters.

Apparently there is VEG cosplayers in Shinjuku where one of locations is where VEG is prescreened. Too bad no photos.

>this number of posters
Impressive.
Threadly reminder that OP is a shitty falseflagger trying to build false hype as usual.

ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデンのOSTはマジで凄い

Very first twitter and social media impressions (translated).

>I never thought that comady episode in a hard coul crushing drama show can be funnier than any comedy anime I've seen before! Just how?!

>So many foreigners here and this place is so crumped! I guess Kyoani is truly worldwide known now...

>Don't know why but it looks even better than first two episodes! Truly ahead of ots time lolol

>I think I won't be able to see non-Kyoani anime anymore...

>This feels like a European arthouse cinema, not anime at all! Character design also helps a lot

>Happy they changed the story (?) as they wanted from the beginning, now it feels much better than the novel which already was top notch

>No way this is drawn, it looks like a life but in 2d

>I already feel bad for other 2018 winter shows, they have no chance

Of course there are more but 100% of feedback is extremely positive. I guess this is something.

Seems most people will watch it at 21:10 (Tokyo time), so thats about time when reports should start comming out.

>comedy episode
I'm not sure how to feel about this to be quite honest with you.
Jarring tone shifts were one of the things that made Kyoukai no Kanata bad.

I wonder which part of the novel they adapt for comedy routine, or is it new stuff?

The nearest likely would be the part about how she got Evergarden family name.

>comedy episode

Confirmed on twitter to be true. Waiting for specifics.

Well 1 thing I know about it that Netflix licensed it. So can't see it.

This scene is comedy gold though.

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.

>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”

>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.

>“EEEH?!”

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

>Her artificial arms consisted of metal rings from the shoulders to the fingertips. But it was only them. Despite the many scratches, other than the arms, the rest was surprisingly real skin. With that delicate body, she did not seem at all like a mechanical doll, but a relatively normal human being.

>With everything he had believed in until then being mantled over by the shocking revelation, Oscar tried to confirm what he was seeing many times.

>“Master.” Violet called with a voice that seemed to be judging him as he continued to ogle in astonishment.

>“UAAAAAAH! UAAAAAH! UAAAAAHAAAAAH!”

It will be shown on 5 TV channels in Japan, and other streaming services in China and Latin America etc.

So Netflix licensing it merely means it`ll not be on Crunchyroll and you`d have to wait for fansabs of japanese raws like it normally was before.

Is Kawanami doing the comedy episode? This is very important.

OP seems sincere. This is the usual:

It is, if you consider that author intentionally misdirected readers to troll them into believing fake narrative, based on mistaken perception of Oscar.

Not sure how they`ll handle that in anime though, since first two episodes shown already introduce Violet and her background from war time.

Ep 3 aired and I still haven't watched not even 1
Fuck me for being a 3rd world monkey ri-right

Are you the OP?

Minority watched EP 3 yet. The main screening is just starting and since they`ll air all 3 episodes, the impressions will be in 1-1.5 hours probably. Majority of people are just entering cinemas and seating.

Nah. I would've posted the full res scans.

I have Violet Evergarden filtered so I've seen my fair share of the actual falseflagging.

This is what I look like.

You're really beautiful, user!

>dem hips

Here is more.

>There is no way for this to be their next big think. They should make Haruhi instead.

>You know, this is kinda boring, I am not a fan of Europe and Victorian times prose

>what the point of this bathroom scene when we already know he is not a machine girl? Someone slipped eps 1-2 or something?

>obeying the order to run over the lake for an artistic inspiration is pretty dumb if you ask me..

>too much focus on an emotionless doll instead of other main characters, this is not really faithful

>they adapted the first chapter after all
I'm good with this anime as long as chapter 2 gets adapted. I sobbed like a little bitch over tht chapter.

And more/

>The hand-drawn mechanical animation of hands is so damn outstanding, why don't they draw mecha again?

>I want to cum into her gloves so badly! *blush*

>glad to finally see a modest dressed fair lady as MC, I am so tired of these short-skirted underage sluts, truly refreshing

>all this delicious fabric, any other anime design looks like a sad joke in comparison

>a show with movie (and better than movies to be honest) quality is a common for Kyoani from now on

>even the seiyuu work is much better when it comes to Kyoani show, what's the magic?

>an episode ended with a cliffhanger. the hell is it. How should I wait to January! I guess I need a book right now...

OSCARRR

And more.

>why Oscar is so shit? He ruined the whole episode!

>a comedy gold episode with an emotionless killing machine as MC! It's like Fumooffu all over again!

>tfw you will never meet Violet close to our house, when the leaves that fall in autumn gather together on the water surface

>this (?) revelation was so sudden and surprising, well played Kyoani, well played *applause*

>next episode will be Kyoani original

>they said last apisodes are still under construction

>>glad to finally see a modest dressed fair lady as MC, I am so tired of these short-skirted underage sluts, truly refreshing

>>even the seiyuu work is much better when it comes to Kyoani show, what's the magic?
They work with good voice acting and sound directors is my guess.

New key visual.

Aaaand more.

>hard to believe but they surpassed novel PVs with an actual animation from the show!

>naked (?) scene was all over the top, BDs when

>such a soul crushing episode about a man who lost his everything, really makes me sad

>so damn great image of a post-WWI Europe slowly healing war wounds, never saw something like this

>a novel author designed her to be the most beautiful female chartacter ever possible, I was sceptical but they NAILED it in the anime

Any links user? Because this sounds exactly like a bait of the highest quality.

PV when

>I am so tired of these short-skirted underage sluts
kek

I'm pretty sure it's bait, someone on Sup Forums kept posting in threads before:
>tfw you will never meet Violet close to our house, when the leaves that fall in autumn gather together on the water surface

So were but people only see what they want to see, right?

>>such a soul crushing episode about a man who lost his everything, really makes me sad
Seems they managed to adapt it all right after all. Was worried they`d tone it down.

VEG lineart

Based Netflix is making another award-winning Netflix original.
KyoAni hops like a whore to the one with the most potential and money. KEKroll forever on suicide watch.

Come on, they're Kyoani, how could they fail

>Violet Ever Garden is a little interesting
>ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン1/10!!
>All of Violet Ever Garden is painful past throat strike to proclivity
>Violet the crust I wanted to go Ever Garden brainwashing screenings

screening is not over yet even, people are still in cinemas

>ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン1/10!!
>1/10

twitter.com/dakota_game/status/939838640179384320

At least he praises mechanical animation in other tweet.

I want a British dub of this. I wonder if Netflix is willing to pony up the cash to pull it off

>no way this is drawn, it looks like a life but in 2d
As usual, kyoani cheats by filming the 2d world.

When I came to the preview screening of Violet Evergarden,
Since I met a wonderful cosplayer, I asked for it and took it!
Russian people are so beautiful ...
Thank you! And so beautiful! (@ Shizuri_Mugino)
# VioletEvergarden

New PV confirmed, shown during screening.

2chan discusses that people watching in it in Osaka are laugthing and that Russian people are beutiful

Nice.

>Violet Ever Garden, it was to say the least God anime 3 story time
>I saw the Violet Evergarden 1-3 stories I saw
>Quality Hiroki theatrical version I felt like I was watching Kyo Ani seriously It can definitely be a hegemonic
>Violet · Evergarden Early screening end. Primely. Drawing calorie is too high. Kyo Ani doing this on a TV series is crazy (praise
>1 to 3 episodes preceding screenings of Violet Ever Garden, was the feeling of being seen like three short films
>, This is a wonderful work ... An anime that is rarely seen in recent years. Writing is also amazing. I would like to continue screening in theaters as well.

>It was amazing ... ... It is beautiful. A picture and a story.
>Preceding screening is over. This is amazing.
>Violet · Evergarden I have seen ... amazingly good ...! ! !
>Kyoto Animation Thank you ...... Violet Ever garden another really works best Ya

>iolet · Evergarden 'The first episode of the first episode ~ the third episode was finished. It is awesome and amazing, I want to see continuation as soon as possible. (^ ^)
>Violet Evergarden, hegemony has been promised. Be a legend.
>'Violet Evergarden' I feel like crying after a long absence.

Kyoani confirmed for the best studio again and VEG for the best anime sine forever

Netflix should make a Violet Evergarden live-action adaptation where all actors are beautiful Russian people, just like they're now producing an Erased live action series.
Let's call it,
>Violetsky Evergardensky

>people watching it in Osaka are laughing and that Russian people are beautiful

>It seems that it is slightly different from the composition of the 1st and 2nd episodes, the Kyo animation event preceding screening in October
the entrance of the ED of 2 episode was abrupt in October and today's official version
>Episode 3 was good, that's supplement or rather reorganization original
>Violet Evergarden, I was glad I came to see it! This works great! As expected is Kei Ani. It was beautiful animation!
>Violet Evergarden pre-screening in Osaka ended. Although there are rewriting and modification from the original to the TV version, I think that it is done quite well. This time it was screened at the movie theaters, as a movie version, end to roll with 1 to 3 talks released. It is a pity that the complete version PV temporarily stopped with digital processing failure. violet evergarden
>It was late but it was good to go. Please watch the Violet Evergarden from January
>That's why it's like ghibli, the content is empty, there is no saying that growth and the changes of the violet's growth and the people surrounding it are also visible. This time it was only 3 episodes, but after 4 episodes it is also a pleasant work
> I think that 'Violet Evergarden' is a movie that looks good in a movie
>I watched pre-screening ~ ~ ((T_T)) My heart is full ;; I can not wait for the broadcast ;;

>1 month until it's available to everyone

KYOANI I NEED IT AND I NEED IT NOW

>Violet Evergarden was awesome ('; ω; `)
>We went to the prestigious screening of the Violet Evergarden! ! It was awesome. ゚ (゚'Д `゚)
>The Violet Evergarden preliminary screening has ended. I can not say the content because it is broadcast now · · · I did not see my dream to be able to watch high-level movies which can be said theatrical version every week. Personally I thought that ice cream was beautiful imagewise in Kyoani work, but this is also amazing. VioletEverGarden
>It was a violet Evergarden of the synopsis which already has favorite things such as drawing a posthumous girl called a weapon known only to war, but content was also favorite.

KyoAni decided that you must watch it on Netflix.

>I was crying at the end of one episode and three talks ... I am looking forward to January
>'Violet Evergarden' precedent screening, finished. I decided to buy Blu-ray
>Violet · Evergarden 1 to 3 stories preceding screening finished. OP · ED Very, very good ....
>Violet Evergarden was very good!
Anima Although it thinks that person who went to Yokohama understands, the song of Chihara Minori also fits well with the contents of animation, and cried after three talk finished. It was like a new area of
Kyoani!

>I was good (இ ω இ __.) It is the beauty of the picture of Kyo's animation. Music is also good.
>The best was was ... in Seriously Violet Ever Garden
>I finished watching the Violet Evergarden .... It was drawn & highest so far as I could not leave my work from my head.
> Violet · Evergarden was good ..
>. And although it is Violet Evergarden, I watched 3 episodes, but I can not say it well, but I will pierce my heart very much. I say that I was looking and my feelings were purified. I am really looking forward to next year's broadcast.
>Screening of the Violet Evergarden screening has ended. What quality that ... ... ridiculous ... .... The remaining 1 to 3 stories are easy to see with each story completion formula. Personally, I felt that I could not die until I saw the last story. I am looking forward to the broadcast from January.

anime is so much better when you go in without expectations.
Why hype this so much?
at this point I can't help but expect this to be the greatest ever, I'm almost scared to watch it now

> Violet Evergarden It was wonderful
>Violet Evergarden preliminary screening. Even though it was on the other day event, the drawing was amazing and no complaints. The story is modest.
If it is not enough to spoil the story of one and two stories is Fujita, there should be some intentional part, but it is difficult to introduce it. The three episodes are Kitinohara and there is a sense of stability.
> I saw the Violet · Evergarden.
It is a work that exquisitely overlaps a precise world view on a royal road love story.
The highest quality painting quality and versatile music made eyes and ears happy. Ishikawa Yui had a wonderful match of expressions of Violet.
It was an animation of Kyo Animation without any regrets.
> Prior screening of 'Violet Evergarden' ended.
It is difficult to convey your true thoughts.
It was a wonderful work with high quality. Let's read the original novel.
Violette ... (`; ω; ') um

I TOLD you so many times this is the best anime ever made. What now?