I believe it is essential that every man worth his salt, should know how to rig a simple fishing rig...

I believe it is essential that every man worth his salt, should know how to rig a simple fishing rig, and catch/clean fish.

Attached: crappie.jpg (860x465, 70K)

cool

Thats all well and good but what if you live in a desert?

what if that person is allergic to fish?

They both deserve their fate.

sunfish and crappie are good but walleye is the best

Die.

No one gives a fuck what you believe you stupid cunt.

If someone cannot understand the simple concept of
>fish like to eat shit
>put shit on string
>put other shit on string to make fish not leave
>pull fish when fish inevitably tries to eat shit on string
Then they lack basic reasoning skills and should be shot and used as fertilizer.

kek

digits confirm

Man my dad never taught me, I always fuck up rigging up the rod. I know how to put the hook on, and can fish well enough, but I cant fillet. I need more practice. If I ever have a son ill go out of my way to learn and teach him one day.

Some people think they have to get a bunch of expensive gear but they don't. I can put together an entire rig that would last a lifetime for well under $100. Fishing gear and knowledge is the best gift you can give a man.

Walleye is absolutely delicious. North Midwest fag?

True but fishing in coastal areas SUUUUUCK

Give me a boat and ill fish.

On another side, I know fishermen that said that I cook the best fish. Thats my contribution.

Ill do some deer hunting, thats for sure, but idk if fishing because having a boat its getting cucked af (at least here, the port its jewy as f)

Mnfag

Venison backstrap (tenderloin) is the best red meat in my opinion. I do not sea fish, I live in the Midwest..so I mostly fish for bass, crappie, walleye, trouts.

Nah fuck that I like the rivers. Easy fish like trout for new fags like me. beaches are shitty and the ocean is filled with shit you don't really want to catch like sharks and rays.

Ahhh, Northern MO here. I get up to Michigan UP once a year and I love the fishing there.

the ability to hunt land animals is still better

>tfw phobia of open water
>tfw still want to kill fish

Does it still count if I just build an aquarian and catch/kill the fish in there?

They are equally important, but if you live near a large river it is an almost infinite sustainable source of food.

aren't tenderloin and backstrap different cuts?

Ever heard of rivers you mong? You don't have actually go in the water at all.

Yes, I worded it wrong really. I actually prefer the tenderloin but the backstrap is good too.

It's a useful (and simple) skill to have, but I don't think it's as important to a man's success as other skills and knowledge.

love to fish
used to do it a lot when i was a kid
i would rather starve than eat anything that lives in water tho

eh its not hard personally I prefer a sling shot to hit ducks and rabbits for more meat

Do you live by the coast in Spain, a place with a lot of seafood? They say, grass is always greener...I live in the midwest with amazing pork and beef but I would kill to have fresh seafood once in awhile without having to pay insane prices.

based. what slingshot do you use? I have been hunting rabbits with a Trumark and we use cheap marbles we get from ebay for $5 for 1000. I have some nice pelts that my girlfriend and I are going to make a small rug from. People will never believe it but rabbit meat is so tender and delicious.

checked
so farming is out of the question, right.
Thanks for the (((education)))

i unfortunately live in madrid
seafood is still everywhere

I guess you will just have to settle for that Jamón ibérico.

What are you even talking about leaf? I farm 3 acres of my own land and it supplies about 60 percent of my overall food. If you ever stop by I will make you a Maple Leaf salad with some poutine, don't worry.

agahagaha I will get so fat. Poor animals.

i hate that shit too
it’s like eating salty chewing gum

man, those piggies bring me so much joy. I still havent tried iberian bacon wtf is wrong with me.

I have liked it when I have had it. I suppose to each, their own. If you saw the prices these niggers payed for it here...wew lad

ME CAGONTUSMUERTOS HEREJE

No pero en serio, incluso el de bellota? Esa mierda me cubre la boca de una gruesa capa de orgasmo y HNG

Cleaning fish is the woman's job.

I have fished both fresh and salt water for several decades and taught and have been part of several generations of people learning to fish. Fishing is a fine way to spend free time and a simple way to add cheap meat to the diet. Beyond that fishing is pointless as commercial fishing is the way to go.

I first time in my life, a long time ago, that I realized that free range animals tasted better was because of those acorns. You can taste the wild, you can taste it.

What is your favorite fish to eat, if you had to pick one? I like the redfish down in the Gulf of Mexico, cooked in their skin, hot on a grill.

Yeah, if you bring home the bacon..well, fish.

Yeah man. Nature its inside that fattie goodness. You can almost taste the earth from were the acorns grew, its amazing. Its like mama nature gift us molecular gastronomy in the form of an animal. As a cookfag I really appreciate the fact that I live here. Spanish food is simply epic and goes much far than the paella. Also asturias and galicia... their beef... man, next time try some "ternera gallega" thats... thats just butter. You can tasye the circle of hell youll go for eating cute babie animals but its so worth it.

Thats for me the comfiest aspect of fishing. Free good protein and godly fats. Mama natura just trows shit at you.

If I could travel to any country on a gastronomic journey, it would be Spain. Everyone says France, but France was passe 30 years ago.

Agreed. Also how to field dress a deer and field strip an AR

Attached: photo.jpg (3264x2448, 3.1M)

This true

das nice but line, hook, sinker and bait are hard to come by. I can make a fishtrap from vines, grasses and branches. can you?

Fun fact. He probably aint your dady if he won't bother teaching you basic stuff.

I get these out of my backyard on the st johns, shrimp are runnin in about 3 months and i cant wait.

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (1080x608, 225K)

>fishing rig
what are we talking about here?
Fishing is a fine sport and all but nets and even simple traps like a ring of rocks is much more efficient. Even kids can catch fish with their bare hands, its not like it really takes any tools.

Nice fish. Lose weight.

we can't use those Nets to do that here. And I'd like to see someone catch a 30 inch redfish and 8 feet of water lol

...why?