Sakuga AOTY 2017

Did Fate Apocrypha just win with one episode? Holy fuck.

twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/939516569834663937

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=fate/apocrypha
twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/939921132676960256
sakugabooru.com/post/show/42299
sakugabooru.com/post/show/42332
sakugabooru.com/post/show/42295
sakugabooru.com/post/show/41677
sunako375.tumblr.com/post/168366464957/伍柏諭老師謝謝茄子-転載禁止-reprint-is-prohibited-201712
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Got some webm? I ain't downloading this shit I dropped months ago.

sakugabooru.com/post?tags=fate/apocrypha

>Linking to literally who's twitter
Why should i care about this fag's opinion OP?

It was fucking garbage but to be fair it was hot garbage

It looks pretty good shame it's used for something as bad as fate apocrypha.

Pretty much. Everything besides the Karna fight was great. Too bad they're wasting time and effort on generic laser attacks and stale explosions.

>fate
not even going to see the webms, I know it's gonna be a hotchpotch of effects, explosions and shit that looks "cool".

Absolutely fucking not. One single scene of decent animation does not make up for two cours of subpar to fucking trash animation with some of the worst sound directing that has ever been allowed to be produced.

twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/939921132676960256

Honestly there isnt much contest this year..its prolly best

It might not be sakuga but the two minute tracking shot from HnK was more captivating than any webgen shit.

Are you serious?

>It was fucking garbage but to be fair it was hot garbage
I'm stealing this.

>jerking off over whatever has the most frames

*CLANG
>explosion
>artificial sound distortion

F/a is trash made for LCD

>*CLANG
They share the same sound director

>he doesn't know

post gifs and webms of the fights

wtf I love fate now

In all seriousness, while fate is certainly shit, them dropping all their seasons budget on the one episode where heroes of old beat the shit out of each other no holds barred is always always worth watching.

This is why I have a huge bias towards Fate. There's no real way to explain how much of a thrill this gives me and why. It just does. It's something that just exists with no real means of justifying it or not. It's just fucking cool.

The entire premise of heroes from past having an all out battle royale is fucking cool. It just tugs your soul in all the right places.

The entire scene of Karna preparing Vasavi Shakti screamed Eva 3.0 ending to me.

Shit's not that great.
Hell, LWA's last episode has better sakuga moments than most of this.

>The action direction is shit
>The direction in general is shit.
Having more frames doesn't make up for that shit.
Also, CLANG.
BOOM.
FWOOSH.

>Two heroic spirits clash.
>Instead of a proper battle it's a beamwar
I don't care how pretty you make this look it's still retarded

sakugabooru.com/post/show/42299
Hmm. This looks pretty good, but the choreography is very uninspired

Hmmm I'm fucking retarded.

I mean it's just to hoisting up your sword, flipping around, and firing a giant laser at eachother

>triggerfags on damage control already

This looks truly amazing.

>Implying that one has to be a triggerfag to see all the wrong in this show
Fatefags are delusional.

LWA dropped the ball after like 8 episodes, everything looked increasingly sloppier and rough. Last episode was no exception. The only thing going for LWA were the effects and this completely blows it out of the water.

Is this peak fatefaggotry?

Jesus Christ, I need to catch up. This episode looks like one of the best animated episodes ever.

This year was very low key in terms of sakuga, is one episode enough to grant Fate/Apcoshit the title of SakugaOTY 2017? Most of the show was just flapping mouths and some QUALITY.

>Abosolutely blown away by Apocrypha #22. Best animated TV anime episode of the year bar none, it's entirely on a different level. Actual industry event.

Kino episode

It was Jurassic Park tier in terms of effective horror cinematography. Unheard of in television anime.

You're quoting a kyoani SJW fag who actually knows nothing about the technicalities of 2D animation and just likes to namedrop and translate interviews on his shit blog.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/42332
I's time to accept the future of animation.

Best animated scene of the year maybe.

Unlikely. But like you said this year had very few sakuga. Kekkai Sensen s02 or SnK s02 would be my pick, though .

This looks laughably bad, and is there some frame desync in that scene? Some parts are very jarring.

This

OP is a faggot.

I for one welcome our new 3D overlords

>muh beams
>muh cubes
>muh explosions
>no sense of perspective and space
Why do people endorse this shit?

There is sense of perspective and space, though.

Which ps3 game is this

Nier

Looks more like a PS2 game to be honest

I don't really like the way the camera moves in these scenes.

Is this the scene people are talking about? sakugabooru.com/post/show/42299

It's certainly well above average, but are people actually calling it the best sakuga episode of the year? It looks like a discount Nakamura scene to be honest. Houseki no Kuni has been more impressive to me

I've seen PS1 games with better graphics.

What? No, Apocrypha still fucking sucks. The entire scene felt like an animation student's collage of previous works. Two entire good parts and the rest is mediocre to fucking bad. I'm getting baited so hard.

I would fucking love to play an anime-aesthetic video game that looks as good as Houseki, but that shit doesn't exist

I hate nakamuras cubical scenes.
Its so "HEY LOOK AT MY FUCKING TRADEMARK" instead of making me impressed or emotionally invested.

>scene
The entire episode. This episode had almost every known and upcoming new-gen animators. No wonder prior to this episode a lot of hype was happening in Twitter for this one.

A lot of hype as well for one sequence by a Taiwanese animator as well. It's basically a event. episode 22 just went all out, we aren't going to see anything like this again for a long time.

>sakuga
>episode looks like that naruto clip with melting face and scene.

Wow its a minecraft episode.

>Two heroic spirits clash
>Instead of beamwar it's proper fistfight
Achilles VS Chiron was great

You won't like the show then, it's a gimmick that's overused.

Keep in mind that 3D isn't as hard to animate as 2D. The technical skills necessary to make that is much higher than just linking your 3D camera to you 3D character and rotating it as it tracks it.

I also don't buy into all the hype this episode is getting by the Sakuga cartel, but it's leagues above anything from HnK

So much this it hurts.

If it was 2d you'd be sucking it and saying it was SOTY

Did we all forget PriPri ep 5 and it's excellent Ebata walks?

I don't follow Boruto but some of the webms that have been posted over the year look more impressive than Fate, to be honest.

>over the top lava effects spilling out everywhere
>his opponent just sighs
>pause for like 10 seconds to talk shit at each other
Oh Fate. Never change.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/42295

>3d animatin is just linking your 3D camera to you 3D character and rotating it as it tracks it
How to prove you have no idea of animation 101.

>Concrete Revolutio
Sweet jesus, 2015 is Etotama, and 2017 is Houseki no Kuni since you are already on it.

Is that right? Then how do they do it? Keep in mind I'm a VFX artist and we could talk about the technicalities of 3D animation if you'd like.

Visual composition > sakuga

Stop samefagging, no one gives a shit about your garbage CGI, it's not sakuga.

too bad mahoyome looks visually flat are too damn dark half the time

Honestly it doesn't fit with the series.I prefer the action scenes from Zero and UBW.

>

MAL ufobaby

As a fan of the show, these are my exacts thoughts. It just comes over as trying to show off and I not into the business of sucking dick.

>LE SUCCUBUS WAIFU

this show is trash

Depends on a show. For action packed shows not really.

Well, they go through the process of storyboarding and shit, all like normal anime. Only difference is, then they have to make shit on paper appear on 3d. Making models that look good is hard enoug. Making how they move, express and even how the camera focuses on them look good is another layer.
Doing all that in a greately coreographed fight scene, with all the movements looking great and such... Well, it's not exactly easy.
I'm not saying it's harder than 2d, but undermining the work put into these things is just wrong.

On second thought that stitch looks like garbage. Don't know why I saved it.
Here's a better screenshot

>new IP

enjoying your filters?

Yutapon lives and breathes lightning and cubes
You should know this by now

Literally the savior of sakuga

I'm talking about the actual process of animation, not pre-production. When it comes to animating, it isn't really that hard to make the camera move and follow a character like HnK is doing it, I'd actually be impressed if it was 2D.

18if was easily the most visually interesting show of the year.

Delete this.

Nice bait but why would a 3D show get sakuga of the year? Most of the animation is done by the software.

This kind of "jump-cut" character animation is second-rate sakuga. You see in a lot "high-end" looking slice of life shows. Scenes from nakamura will have much smoother character animation/animation in general than these scenes in F/A

sakugabooru.com/post/show/41677

Fuck,I dropped this shit but now I want to watch the other episodes to enjoy the scenes better

Wait, are there people genuinely praising this absolute pile of burning trash for delivering impressive animation in one episode despite the rest of the two cours being just slightly above mediocre? Mate, just fuck off now, this isn't Sup Forums. Even DEEN of all studios managed to deliver more emotionally resounding animation in fucking Rakugo than any bright light spectacle Apocrypha (or any other Fateshit, for that matter) can ever produce. Being pretty is just one criteria.

I like how assblasted this will make sakugafags

I really hate this style, characters jumping all over the place when doing the smallest motions, looks like they're having small seizures. There's a couple of A1 animators that do this a lot.

sunako375.tumblr.com/post/168366464957/伍柏諭老師謝謝茄子-転載禁止-reprint-is-prohibited-201712

One of the animators posted his raw key animation

>deliver the best animated TV episode of the year
>"i-it doesn't count because reasons"

Retard

>houseki no kuni
>sakuga
Don't make me laugh.

That's not Houseki no Kuni episode 10

My Commodore C-64 had better graphics.

To be fair, doing this using anime budget is fairly good.