Black Clover

Whats the appeal of this series and character? Its like a shitty hybrid of Naruto, One Piece, and BNHA.

>m-muh dream to be king of the wizards!

Laughable. Atleast Naruto and Luffy have redeeming qualities while this brainlet has none. The plot has been exhausted time and time again, yet people continue to rave about this series. Is Sup Forums really that deprived of quality anime/manga that they'd even latch on to this?

It seems to get more hate than likes though

>Its like a shitty hybrid of Naruto, One Piece, and BNHA.

No, it a battle shounen Frankenstein and I think it has every single trope of the genre.

It is pretty terrible, but I can't stop watching it.

>Whats the appeal of this series and character?
Bleach is dead, Boruto an underwhelming sequel to Naruto and One Piece has been going on for way too long. Black Clover is here to fill the vacuum. That's it.

because Asta was born with a special power. he was stronger than all his classmates in the magic academy. he served in the order of the magic knights and in the final battel against Rades they were fighting and Rades turned him into the anti magic and Asta turned against Yuno and killed him. he lost a part of his testicle in the battle which is why he always screams, pls stop giving me (You)s asking me why thats why. also antimagic isnt gurly fuck you user everyone knos your a fuckin BnHA fagot

I will spoil you how bad it is with what i call the worst written arc of any shonen manga.
>mc's arms get destroyed by some magic in the previous arc
>doctors can't heal them
>friends want to help him
>they ask characters for help who only appeared in a light novel
>nobody of the manga readers know who these guys are, but everyone in the manga pretends they have been in the story the whole time
>light novel characters say there is a witch queen who could help him
>they find a witch queen who heals his arms in 2 seconds
>then an army of another kingdom attacks the witch queen's forest
>mc and his friends want to help her
>during that fight they meet a former enemy who tried to kill mc and his friends 60 chapters ago
>turns out he is a good guy now
>former enemy had a girlfriend he thought was dead, but was actually just brainwashed and turned into a killing machine
>mc helps former enemy to stop the brainwashing
>they succeed
>former enemy and brainwashed girlfriend are good guys now
>an ally of the former enemy wants to continue his mission and kill mc and his friends
>he almost succeeds with it
>then the mc activates his demon powers
>the demon living inside his book wants to take over the mc's body, but the mc stops him by screaming "NOT GIVING UP IS MAGIC!!!"
>mc with demon powers defeats enemy
>instead of killing the enemy he spares him so that he can pay for his errors
>witch queen decides to mind control mc with his demon powers now
>she orders him to kill all of his friends which he does
>one of mc's friends and the witch queen's daughter gets a new power, a cat that can alter reality and change fate
>everybody is alive again and the witch queen is defeated
>the witch queen gives some special magic items to the enemy kingdom so that they can get healed again
>enemy army goes back home and mc and his friends leave the forest
>the end

I dont find One Piece enjoyable anymore, Boruto is boring and everything else is ended or on hiatus.

I dont really like BNHA, Its generic as all fuck too.

SISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I read the manga for the action. I'm a big fan of team oriented fights and a solid chunk of them are team fights against more powerful enemies. The anime is alright, nothing special. Would probably be more entertaining if it wasn't being drawn out on a 1:1 chapter to episode basis. The character progression is decent most of the time. It's very akin to early Naruto, except it moves at a faster pace, none of the arcs overstayed their welcome. It does follow the standard shounen formula, but I never felt like it did so poorly.

FT ended. That’s it

>implying bnha isn't a shitty hybrid as well

ok, I cannot believe that BC is not secretly written by Mashima.

i am enjoying the saturday toonami episodes of black clover with Sup Forums.
it's that sadistic pleasure of watching your fellow comrades get CBT, it doesn't matter if it's happening to you they are also suffering with you.

Seriously? Jesus Christ BC is fucking trash

We're on several layers of advanced irony here, lurk more before posting.
Black Clover is a masterwork of mediocrity. If you got a team of suits in a room and spent a month trying to create the most generic shonenshit possible, you could not dream of approaching Black Clover.

I heard the Pierrot will be adapting the LN so it might be the only good thing the Pierrot does over the manga.

He’s fit and his demon mode is badass, that’s enough.
Asta bad end route is something other series wouldn’t dare do even if it’s reset later.

>Is Sup Forums really that deprived of quality anime/manga that they'd even latch on to this?
Am I missing something because no one here like this garbage. Even people who are up to date on the manga agree it's shit. The only times I see anything positive said about this series is when it's being used to bait BnHA fans.

but it really is better than bnha, have you seen the shitposting there is in a bnha thread. It's because no one cares about the story. The only reason why people hate BC is because of this stupid anime and no one is really bashing the manga except for that stupid part where he brought LN characters into a important arc.

its a show for young boys, not old men like yourself. You have spent years of your life reading various series and now you are upset that a new series aimed at younger audience has aspects similar to those series that you read growing up. Like find a hobby stop being bitter, its not made for you.

>BCfags actually believe their manga is better than others
Enjoy your shit manga

>have you seen the shitposting there is in a bnha thread. It's because no one cares about the story.
I assume that has more to do with BnHA's post-anime popularity attracting all kinds of cancer than a result of the writing quality.

Black Clover will NEVER get a thread over 200 posts without resorting to baiting BnHA fags EVER because no one likes this terrible show

bump

>BCfags
That don't exist.
Maybe a handful that knows that it is a cookie-cutter battle shonen that can be humorous sometime and enjoy it for what it is. But a large part of Sup Forums simply joined because the MEMEEEEEEES but now doesn’t care, a part clings to it because they either dislike BnHA or likes to bait BnHAfags (and this type will soon leave and cling to another BnHA-killer like TPN)

I'm reading it solely for the semen demons. What's surprising is the main girl is actually relevant and not powerless.

>witch queen decides to mind control mc with his demon powers now
>she orders him to kill all of his friends which he does
>one of mc's friends and the witch queen's daughter gets a new power, a cat that can alter reality and change fate
>everybody is alive again and the witch queen is defeated
Christ. Is this real?

>tfw didn't like BnHA when it aired
>decided to watch BC this season
>all of a sudden BnHA seems like a masterpiece

It's all a ruse to make us enjoy hero academia, in telling you

stfu cunt

Yes, that actually fucking happened.
>tfw shitty anime adaptation will slightly improve this arc by introducing light novel only characters beforehand

when you green text everything with strawmans ofc it would look bad. and yeah it did happen.

It's a fun generic shounen that does everything right without resorting to the worst kind of pandering and adds enough to make it better in the end.
Also the voice acting(for both)is really good.

It's what people point to when they think of shounen now. It's normie as fuck and I enjoy it for what it is.

>>one of mc's friends and the witch queen's daughter gets a new power, a cat that can alter reality and change fate
which was foreshadowed so I don't see the issue. Is it only fine when One Piece foreshadows power ups but not when BC does?

>than a result of the writing quality.
>REWIND
>WISH ENERGY
the writing quality ain't great

>which was foreshadowed so I don't see the issue. Is it only fine when One Piece foreshadows power ups but not when BC does?
been a while since i read the arc so correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the thread power foreshadowed within the arc? i don't recall her power ever being this before. it was just "thread power," i.e clothes. not red thread of fate.

her mom said something about her controlling fate