So is anyone else watching this so? What are your thoughts...

So is anyone else watching this so? What are your thoughts? Does the cgi put you off or does it add to the synthetic nature of the story?

No, no one is watching it, it's not like it gets new threads everyday, not at all.

Studio Orange is god tier, they know what they're doing.

I haven't been here recently. I wasn't aware. Sorry if this is old ground.

I just have no idea why i like this so much

CGI is shit and the action for persons in CG will always look janky as fuck like thisFor mecha is fine because huge bulks of steel dont require smooth movements

CGI is on point. Characters are fun derps. Story is ayt.

Why is Phos so fucking retarded?

It's great on all levels, one of the AOTY contenders for me.

I hate non 2D animation but this has good enough CGI for me to not care and I think it suits the anime to the point of not reading the manga because it won't give me the same experience.

>janky as fuck
You should get an eye test.

CGI makes it unwatchable. Shame because the premise seemed interesting.

end yourself

He's right you know, look at "Batman ninja" Japan can't into 3DCG because they always go cheap as fuck and never add enough renders or frames

You do realize that Japan cuts frames for 3D because they don't like fluid animation right? Why is it so fucking hard for morons to understand this despite it being explained half a decade ago? Are you just retarded or what
It's a different style, it's not cheap at all in fact they literally spend hours cutting frames and making it like limited animation

The PVs did nothing for me and I started watching it just out of curiosity and now it's my second or third favorite thing out this season. Not at all what I was expecting to watch by a long shot. It's awesome.
>our characters are basically immortal, and while they get banged up, you can always patch'em back up after a fight if you take the right measures, how do we create stakes?
>by giving them profound, long lasting psychological damage every time, of course!
This chinese cartoon about rocks is really good and I love it. CG is alright enough, sometimes legit great, never bad imo.

This show has converted me to a CGI believer. It's possible to make it work but the main reason why it works is it isn't trying to look like a traditionally animated show, while there are similarities this show is completely committed to the visual presentation crafted around using CGI. Less importantly the character designs and physical gemstone properties of their bodies are partially made for CGI.

Story, characters and setting are all really interesting too. I miss genki Phos though that's the only thing that I haven't liked about the story so far.

The only thing I know is that Bort is a top waifu.

First show with CGI I honestly enjoy. Helps that its fun.

Orange is having so much fun with this.

>tfw this cutie went from lovable dork to PTSD Vietnam veteran
Why didn't you protect her smile Sup Forums?

why would you not like good kemano friends

Soon he won't even have his smile intact.

Implying your average 2D animation isn't janky

Why is Phos such a failure? The brittleness? It seems odd that being rebuilt with new parts isn't more common among other gems

>he
I know the show states they are genderless...but the design are very obviously female. And the VA are all girls
She is kinda dumb but fucking Sensei has been careless enough to let her hurt herself multiple times

>isn't more common among other gems
Phos power is having special inclusions that facilitate the process and adapt easily. The rest have it quite terrible, like doctor's teammate, pad.

She still has a similar personality, it's just that she's gained some competency and has been confronted with the results of what she sees as her weakness

And their refer to themselves as males, including nii-san, nii-chan and stuff. Don't like it, but they think of themselves as 'males'.

They're genderless and androgynous. Females can generally produce androgynous voices better than males can, so female VAs make sense in a world where we have no biologically genderless people. Most gems use refer to themselves and others with masculine identifiers though.

To be honest I was thought they used boku ore etc. Because their only reference was Sensei who's a guy

>was Sensei who's a guy
May look like one, but they are more human than him.

Cgi is wondeful in this. It just works for the artifical and minimalist work and characters. And they managed to make their faces extremely expressive which sells the whole thing. I've largely stopped noticing its cgi.

The manga's character design is very similar to a lot of BL type art you find on pixiv, same with their body shapes, you're coding them as being completely feminine from being an anime-only watcher.

Different user, another anime-onlyfag, but I think the attempt at androgyny is fairly successful. Of course, some gems like Dia come across much more girlish while others like Yellow and Cinnabar seem more boyish, but in general I could see each gem leaning either way. Sometimes their masculinity/femininity changes from scene to scene. It's pleasant somehow.

But Sensei uses watashi

I agree with this user. Antarc in particular varies a lot between scenes, but it works. You only really notice them as female whenever you get a butt shot.

>ayt=aight
????

No, that would be if they cut key frames. But they cut inbetween frames while adding more key frames which ends up janky.

>they don't like fluid animation
but why?