So what's the consensus on Claymore?

so what's the consensus on Claymore?

Needed more clay

Teresa is best girl.

Claymore rocks

Great start, messy post timeskip, decent ending.

Raki was a mistake

He saved the lolis. Good enough for me.

Messy is quite an understatement.

The ending dragged on for too long but overall the series was great.

also Galatea is best girl

Loved her and Riful.

Dietrich best girl

Riful best Abyssal

Raki was a huge mistake, it dragged on for too long, it had too many side characters, and it didn't resolve the over arching plot which is the war against the dragons or whatever the fuck they were. Riful and centaur dude were the only memorable main villains aside from Priscilla, and she was handled poorly.

they killed off the centaur bro with zombies

why???

Dragged on. I'm stuck with it hoping to see Teresa and Clare reunion at the end. Glad that ended up happening at least

He was overshadowing muh Raki. Author just used him as an excuse to up Raki's power level and offed him when he stopped serving the purpose of making Priscilla look like she has infinite power. I honestly think Raki must have been some sort of self insert, there's no explanation to how worthless and tacked on to the story the character is. At first it worked when he served the purpose of mirriong the relationship Clare had with Teresa, but then it turned into /ss/ and muh "I MUST PROTECT CLARE" by getting in the way in every way possible. Finally, he fucked off for 50%+ of the story, and showed up at the end.

It's not just that he died but how he died. Hunted and worn down like an old dog. Isley deserved a better send-off.

Riful did too.

All girls are the best girls.

Her smile: saved

>so what's the consensus on Claymore?

started ok, went to shit after the beginning

the art was really good

It had the potential to be a lot better. It was great pre time skip. A few gripes of mine include what anons already said about Isley's undeserving death as well as how they handled Priscilla. They made her seem too overwhelmingly strong from the start. They should have either toned it down a bit or had some kind of development that showed Clare getting stronger over time instead of the deus ex machina cop out we got.

It seemed like the author wrote himself into a corner. Priscilla was way too strong but he still needed Clare to beat her, so at the end we have people fighting on par with her when she had just one hit killed everyone up to that point and it felt a little out of place. There needed to be more buildup for the fight. Instead we get long drawn out sidestories that ultimately distract from the primary threat of Pricilla that we all know is coming anyway.

Ultimately, the story dragged on too much in places that detracted from the overall story while skipping out on development for the big bad and interesting plot lines like the war on the mainland. A lot of missed potential.

>not translated as superb

dropped

Second after berserk setting wise, characters are better for the most parts. There is nothing to discuss, since it's superior to begin with.

I'll be eternally mad about that.
Just give some hint about the war on the outside continent, why bother with explaining the whole setting if it was literally never going to be relevant?

I wasn't that mad about Easley of the North's sendoff but that really should've been the moment where the stakes were raised and the whole game changed
Instead we had "resurrected" blob Riful, new/old Abyssals and medium-ranked warriors still being around and taking up space

It fizzled out and lost focus, but I really like how the final battle was handled. The thing that made Clare the weakest is what allowed her to be the most versatile, and in the end it allowed her to turn into Teresa and give her the tools to kill Priscilla.

AND get headpats, don't forget
It's very important

This page was the peak. There was some nice stuff with Riful later on, but honestly nothing was as hype as pre-time skip.

I dropped it after the time skip, how did it end?

Enjoyed it overall, the ending didn't rest well with me because it was so drawn out with dealing with Priscilla and having Theresa just appear was really hammy.

>messy post timeskip
How far past the timeskip are we talking? Because it starts off pretty good and then things go retarded once we get to Galatea and Claire 2.0.

just fucking read it and make your own conclusions you fucking lazyass

Best girl

Has the worst case of sameface I've ever seen.

loev this meymey sooo much

Not that user and I love Claymore dearly to this day but I thought that it started to lose focus after they came to the Organization's HQ
Too many characters for everyone to shine and the way they had to eliminate every other antagonist to collapse every plot thread on Priscilla didn't do justice to the worldbuilding we had to that point

fucking this, that was a dissapointment

This, except I didn't mind Isley's death that much. Helen fighting him made up for a lot at that point.

At the risk of sounding like a teenage edgelord, I realized it was going downhill because Isley dying was the first significant death in ages. The deaths kept the tension up and then that just stopped after a certain point.

Too dragged out. Powerlevel bullshit stopped making sense at some point.
The art was good and it was finished at least, unlike some pedo slacker everyone is waiting for.

Doesn't make you sound like an edgelord at all, losses made sense as long as they went on, that no one in the new generation died felt off to me too

it was the japanese Witcher with girls until it became a bad copy of dragon ball. If the author made Claire more like Gerald (fucking random dudes and taking care of his pet boy like Ciri), It could have been a better series.

So, no one cares about his new manga?

I haven't read it yet

Is he redoing the Arcadia one shot as a series? Because if so I'll read it for the female lead and her plotline about reclaiming the throne.

No, because Claymore turned out to not be very good in the end.

>raki didn't get to fuck even after he got fucking /fit/ and super chill

what's the fucking point user.

Wasted potential.

it was kinda good but also kinda bad too

>not: superb
Shit translation

Can only second that. AMAZING series!!!

I liked it, but it was messy as fuck towards the end and has a bunch of nothing. Ending was boring as fuck thanks to Deus Ex Teresa
who is shit
Riful best girl who deserved better
Next bests are Irene and Jean

Aren't he and Clare together at the end anyway? They'll fuck eventually.

sounds like Hokuto no Ken

That's what made it great. Strong warriors don't always get the greatest send-off.

No.

>Too many characters for everyone to shine and the way they had to eliminate every other antagonist to collapse every plot thread on Priscilla didn't do justice to the worldbuilding we had to that point
I agree. The story established the surviving 7 but by the time we get to the organization we have picked up all the top ranking numbers from the current generation. This isn't a bad thing but it made it hard to really focus on fleshing out the international conflict that was being revealed, and made it hard to focus on the key characters from the pre-timeskip era that were making moves.

>how did it end?
Clare went super saiyan and turned into Teresa because no one in the series was strong enough to kill Priscilla. The reason Priscilla was so strong and overpowered was because she was angry. The whole plot point about dragons and another content was dropped and Clare and Raki was last seen going into a small cabin where they went to talk

>the shit eater
I really liked her and her ability but damn did it look like she was eating shit.

awesome characters that I couldn't for the life of my differentiate because of the same face and sheer quantity of them.

I think i dropped it when they got to the island where the agency or whatever was mass producing abyssal ones

The stuff about dragons and the mainland was used solely to explain what yoma are and where they come from, and to give some scale to the main story. I will never understand why people expected this particular plot to be expanded in any way.

I stopped reading over half a decade ago when the retard and his sadist loliwaifu were getting killed by the end boss.
Oh wait, I remember loliwaufu sadist actually dying and Sup Forums being PISSED, and retard tried to fight the end boss.
Then I just sorta stopped keeping up.

wasted potential

It was fun but the powerlevels went into orbit after Pieta. Early claymore could've easily kept going a lot longer than it did, and he tried to dial back with when he tried to reboot with new claymore generation, but nobody cared about the new characters they wanted to know what the fuck happened with the last gen survivors.

the end of volume 25 makes my dick go full diamond mode everytime

Good shonen

there was no way to explain nor much less develop that outside the brief explanation to justify the "world" (the island). It would be something more suitable to expand in a sequel or spin off.

This, the twins summed this up well. The mainland war was none of their bussiness, they had no motive to interfere and no reason to fight for the ones who put them in troubles in the first place.

Of course nothing tops Ricardo fight but the final fight was good on my opinion.

>Pricilla regenerating faster than you could cut her and Theresa moving normally like Miria with phantom style using quicksword better than the original user
Ending was generally shitty but this fight was the cash

>Italian, French and English names through out the manga
>the guy is called Raki
>mfw
Anyway I found the manga quite boring to be honest, I would've ignored it for the most part, but normies kept comparing it to Berserk, which makes me hate it more than it should.