Is this the pinnacle of isekai?

also how come a garbage like death march can get an anime while there's no sign of any animation projects for pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mjezREyZI2U
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=132363
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would you want to see this get butchered by an anime that would probably not even get past vol 10?

>Terrible people the series
Not even close.

I'm following the manga. How does the story work then? I read that we go in full "sliding doors" with two different timelines. The punished Rudy and the godlike Rudy, if I understand correctly, but in fact I have no idea how it works.

While it IS certainly better than Death March, that still doesn't make it good.

Start with the novels, manga goes 300% faster with not enough building, plus there is no way they will go past the child arc.

Not really. Rudy have a small talk with his old self from other timeline, so he makes some different decisions, but that's about it. We're revealed what could go wrong and such, but it's not THAT, about a chapter long or something like that.

This, but butchered so bad they rush everything from the start to the end of volume 6 in one season.

I feel that if it becomes an anime it will get the ZnT treatment.

Rudi being a typical asexual harem MC, Eris being a typical tsundere, Sylphy being a harmless moeblob, ending at the end of the adventure arc with no prospect of S2, etc.

A little spider has something to say about that

rather have this adapted (with manga designs)

Yes pls I love kumoko's design in the manga and her imagination

>self insert garbage
>the pinnacle of anything

It is utter shit.

And so is spider. Shit, that is.

MT is garbage.
Is this a joke?

>rudy
>asexual
you havent read mt have you.

>Death March
>Bad
user you really have no idea how far the bottom of the barrel goes.

Tfw you will never get reincarnated by a truck

Death March is just an inferior Isekai Smartphone.

You can read can't you?

please stop pretending this is any different from every other self insert shit

Magic: The Gathering: The Isekai is probably a honorable mention.

Why do people think this shit is good?
No really, it has all the same problems as every other RPG light novel minus the harem ( and probably only because MC is female ) She even gets a humanoid form.

I doubt that. Smartphone gets kind of dumb in the further volumes while Death March does more world building.

MT is, imo. No other Isaki does what it did from birth to child to adult and beyond. Not to mention proper harem with marriage and tons of fucking. Even sexing lolis.

Anyone looking forward to shieldbro anime?
youtube.com/watch?v=mjezREyZI2U

I am looking forward to see little Raftalia even if for a few episodes.

Second chapter of spear hero in LH

Woah what tons of fucking?
Fucking loli cunny?

Give me examples please.

Yeah i noticed, i'll check the scripts and make a revised TL to post in a few days

>that pic related
This isekai baffles me. It’s all over the place and tries to cover several different themes at the same time but ends up being an incoherent, convoluted mess. I can only imagine what the source material looks like.

Honestly, it's great, I love it. Just don't think it doesn't have plenty of detractors here.
You will hear a lot of complaining about pet characters and mary sue characters, but never as much as people complain at flawed ones.

I really, really disliked how every sticky situation was resolved by a level up.

I would enjoy them butchering the series.

You want me to post the Best Isekai again?
sure thing.

If only the art wasn't so shit. I fapped like crazy to the one who was done by a different guy.

>A 34-year-old NEET gets killed in a traffic accident and finds himself in a world of magic. Rather than waking up as a full-grown mage, he gets reincarnated as a newborn baby, retaining the memories of his past life. Before he can even properly move his body, he resolves to never make the same mistakes he made in his first life ever again and instead live a life with no regrets with the new one that was given to him. Because he has the knowledge of a middle-aged man, by the age of two, he has already become a prodigy and possesses power unthinkable
Cut off where I stopped reading. How is this better than the usual drivel?

>tfw Tanaka will never get an anime, not even an OVA.
And I just caught up to the new arc too, its getting ridic!

After Tanaka fell down the well, he met god.
God sent him on his way again.
Turns out a Drill hair shota summoned him.
Tanaka being Tanaka is now being abused by a lolimeido and being a superb dad for a Shota.

It's actually trying to tell a story with a moral, instead of JUST being a power fantasy?

I personally find the characters more interesting than most isekais (by virtue of 90% being horrible people), there is actually a story that goes somewhere after the first volumes, the character interactions are pretty good and even though Rudy becomes pretty strong he never becomes the strongest or invincible.
Even by the time the story ends he is weaker than many people and he only surpases other strong character by using his powered armor and a lot of prep work.

you know what, you're right. This maybe isn't better than the usual drivel, so lets leave the thread and leave the other anons to their own devices ok?

Its not, the author writes them in a sympathetic manner, but in fact every single character in the story is a terrible person. Legit horrible people.

instead of trying to do something new , the author did something good

>tfw Tanaka will never get an anime, not even an OVA.
And I just caught up to the new arc too, its getting ridic!

After Tanaka fell down the well, he met god.
God sent him on his way again.
Turns out a Drill hair shota summoned him.
Tanaka being Tanaka is now being abused by a lolimeido and being a superb dad for a Shota.

Meanwhile back with the cast of sidekicks, they are all in a shitstorm, because Tanaka disappearing left a power vacuum. The loli dragon is threatening to go burn down each kingdom to find Tanaka.

The loli elf is going nuts trying to find a way to track magic and the loli blonde wants to get every other neighboring country involved in finding him, which would cause a political shitstorm since he was the one that put a stop to most wars and defeated the demon king.

By itself it's a pretty mediocre story but compared to most isekai trash it's pretty good.

It's possible that you don't like it and that's fine.
I don't like light novels where the mc is OP from the start and have an harem without a reason.
P.D. The humanoid form wasn't a surprise since the middle layer kumoko said that she wanted to pick that form to communicate with humans

It isn't but for a lot of people it was their first isekai so they aren't willing to look at it's flaws.

I legit think the author is a misogynist. every girl in Tanaka is either a slut or fucked in the head someway but dudes are fucking bros and chill as fuck. I like this author.

Since we're on the topic, what has everyone been reading these days?

I've been reading death flag and realist, and I'm surprisingly liking death flag a lot, even though it kind of comes across as it is trying too hard for a jesus narrative.

I've liked realist so far but I've put it on hold because I'm feeling it's devolving into another blue balled mc with a ton of girls, after the other countries princess forces herself onto him.

Also I've been aching to read the spider isekai but for some reason I just can't

Nah, it's pretty damn bad.
MT looks better because the author pulls off bold plot twists, but he has no skill to pull it off and it amounts to nothing. He's also in love with his terrible setting which is a mix of generic fantasy shit and video game garbage. Embarassing stuff.

>MT
>videogame
I hope you're not talking RPG stats here.

The synopsis doesn't really do the story justice on how compelling it is. The MC is bottom of the barrel neet, he hasn't physically talked to anyone beyond basic conversations with his parents in 10 years, he didn't even know they died and was found masturbating on the day of their funeral by his siblings, who beat the shit out of him and kicked him out of the house. Followed by a great introspection on him realizing how much of a piece of shit he is, how he spent his time laughing at people online for trying to do something and how much he just wasted his time.

After his meeting with Truck-kun, he resolves himself, he has to try and the entire series just follows his exploits on him trying. The synopsis tries to make him seem like some all powerful bad ass, but he has a lot of genuine struggles along the way, some combat wise and others just emotionally and ideologically.

Its not really doing anything new, its not really innovating a lot of things, it just has a story it wants to tell.

Well, i'm currently reading Oroboros records, death flags and falling in love with the villainess.

Too bad the story it wants to tell is pretty terrible. There are a few good parts, but you have to get through tons of garbage to get to them.

I legit think Tanaka is being written as an Otome Isekai, with an ugly male protagonist.

He keeps meeting Handsome men that are super nice to him, and all the women hate him cause he is ugly by their standards, no BS about him having black hair so being exotic, flat face, yellow skin tiny eyes.

I enjoyed the story, but I by the end i couldnt root for any of the characters.
Rudy is a self serving PoS, just like everyone in the series, the fact that he got OP magic just compounds the entire situation.

If this is considered the pinnacle then that says a lot about isekai, and it's nothing good.

>not rooting for based Orsted
Fucking apostle.

Fuck Orsted, Fuck Hitogami, Fuck single Greyrat.
The only solace I take is that they are all stuck with each other on a planet thats falling apart and they will all die.

Web novels become light novels and light novels become anime. Its a filtering process to see which would make the most money.

MT stands out because its one of the few web novels that managed to stay interesting enough to keep people hooked. I have a rule about web novels, read the first story arc, if you like it, jump ahead 30-40 chapters, if what you are reading still looks interesting, then keep reading, otherwise drop that shit fast. Most web novelists think of a cool setting or interesting idea, but have no idea how to flesh it out past a story arc or two.

The webnovels that stand out are the ones to usually buck that trend. The ones that become popular usually get made into light novels, they touch up the source and try to make money on it. Then you have the whole process of anime committee meetings on which light novels become a anime, which everything is determined by how marketable it is, they are in it to make money after all.

Rudy just wanted to be a family man, he finally got what he wanted, he wasn't useless, he wasn't a waste of space, he had a family. He was being betrayed by a dick head god, Rudy had to look out for numero uno, which to me was a good enough motivation to continue despite the dip in quality everything had after the time travel shit.

I liked everything till Orsted becomes a major character. I love Orsteds character, but Rudy became his bitch and they started side skirting all things I wanted to see. Rudy hanging out with his kids, they completely circumvented traveling two times over.

Despite the more action focus, there was no real central antagonist for Rudy to fight. Hitoghami was just a enemy Rudy was never going to fight, so there was no satisfaction when ever he thwarted his plans. Gisu being the big bad was nice, but it came too late and the entire fight felt like it was being wrapped up fast so the author could work on the LN.

>The only solace I take is that they are all stuck with each other on a planet thats falling apart and they will all die.
What? explain.

I’m talking about the sequence of love. The order of priority in one’s life. A person must know what’s important and what’s less important to them. If you tried to take both this and that, then you’ll end up being the lion that lost both the rabbit and the deer.

Then one’s life will chaotically fall apart. Should I call it fragile? At the very least, if you’re faced with a crucial choice, then you need to know beforehand what you’re going to pick. Mm. In my case, the very first on my list of what’s important to me is a life where you can be a bit lazy, and the second most important is authority. And now, Lapis Lazuli had become the third most precious thing to me.

>Rudy is a self serving PoS
For as much as people like to claim Rudy grew throughout the series he really isn't much different from when he was a NEET.

Thanks for showing this one, it's great. Is the guy who does it still doing more of them?

doesn't change the fact that they're crazy sluts

every year he releases a new one.

It got serialized as a non-h manga with a female lead.

There's a non-h version with different artwork

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=132363

unfortunately the MC is female

The parts when he had erectile dysfunction was certainly the pinnacle of pathetic.

>Wanting to see MC's sister have a child with his son

There's a reason why this shit isn't animated.

Sieg is pure user.

>just like everyone in the series
If you want selfless martyr super heroes fighting for lbgt rights stories you wanna go to Sup Forums.

Literally the best part of the whole series.

There's a point where you realize that bad end Rudy would have made a more interesting story and that you're wasting your time. Then the rushed ending comes.

Heil hydra

I've been reading a series called Ultimate Scheming system basically it's a system that encourages being the biggest dick under the heavens

really I have no clue what he means by "video game garbage" world is pretty straight forward fantasy

I think the time travel shit would have been better if handled better, but you can't really plan this in reverse. Web novel version goes through the tragedy, but the light novel version gets the time travel shit.

It can still be done with the anime and manga, but I don't know if the manga has already passed it. Bad end Rudy from the manga showing up for the anime would be pretty kino.

And if you want cunt characters that get everything on a silver platter, you can fuck off back to red dit and keep wanking yourself to the latest release of RE:Monster

>Female lead

But then what's the point? I mean, there is potential for some women shenanigans. But the scope feels more limited in this scenario.

I've only recently started getting into web novel shit, but why is re:monster so hated? I don't think it was particularly good, but it seems to be the main punching bag, I've certainly been reading worse.

Because no matter how hard Sup Forums tries to convince you otherwise chad MC's fucking all the girls doesn't sell well outside of a few exceptions.

I guess because it never derives from what it is, and thus ends up boring a fuck, since literally nothing can top the MC, and he always finds a way to get even stronger.

>everything on a silver platter
This is how everyone can tell you don't even read this stuff.

anime when?

Which one are you talking about? Can you tell me the artist?

Its entire format is a hassle, chronicling every day just limits what you can write. The most amount of time skipped was like 4 days. Once I realized that 95% of the series is entirely from the MC perspective, I just changed my mindset of reading a novel to reading a diary, which I think helped digest it. At least till you got to the pure machine translations.

Is it even big in Japan? Cause given it's paywall status it will never get big over seas.

It's just another level up and evolve formulaic shit. The plot "twist" is barely considered a twist when it's so heavily hinted from square one, and the MC is not my personal liking.

>Oh I was reborn.
>ill practice magic
>I can now do magic super well
>oh look i have super mana now
>oh ill save this girl
>even though im acting like a creep the girl now loves me
>i learned magic super fast from my master,
>she is smitthen with me even though i still kept acting like a creep.
>oh no my dad is a super chad that fucks girls left and right and impregnated the maid.
>ill solve this by telling my mom we are all family.
>HAHA my mom forgave my dad being a 2 timing cunt

you want me to keep going?
The whole story and characters bend over backwards to give Rudy the best possible outcome all the time, the pinnacle of this was the time travel.

Volumen 5(4) when!

>Magic: The Gathering: The Isekai

What? How have I not heard of this?

Weird thing you don't like them, then, because you seem to have shit taste.

but is free, if you know where to look

>is not a plot twist if it is foreshadowed

i don't get it either