Battle Angel Alita

youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw

What went wrong?

I... don't even.

>What went wrong?

When Sup Forums rule 4 was implemented on this board. This garbage should go on Sup Forums.

>Fans: We want asian actors to portray anime characters in film adaptations!
>Hollywood: You want live action actors to look like anime characters? We can do that.

This looks creepy and gross.

>That unbelievable uncanny valley

I'd like to know the people they focus tested this film on, and how they said that looked ok.

she looks great stop being faggots

It looks extremely awkward, like Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Roger rabbit was actually amazing

>making anime real
based jim

But Who Framed Roger Rabbit has incredible animation.

ayyy lmao

>Implying those Jews won't twist everything you say against you

This looks pretty good to me. Then again, I was so bored with the manga, I dropped it 3/4 of the way through. There's not really any way to make it any worse than it already was.

REMEMBER ME, Sup Forums? WHEN I BUTCHERED YOUR ANIMES I TALKED...JUST...LIKE...THIS!

The more I see it, the more used to it I become.

Being a completionist is a pain in the ass when you get to read shit like little Alita. You did the right thing.

Desensitization is a helluva drug.

If you're accepting that its stupid and wrong and not worth being upset about. Good.
If you're conforming that you're stupid and wrong for being upset about it. Bad.

Holy fucking shit I just noticed that the actress looks completely different.
Not only the eyes in CG are disproportionate, but they make her nose and mouth smaller.
Fuck Hollywood, fuck America, they're so dumb. Wasting millions of dollars for this crap, when the most logic choice would be offering the role to an actress who already has big eyes and regular features, and adjust it make up. Don't they use theatrical makeup anymore? How sad.

I atually like how it looks in motion.

What makes me worry about this choice is that they might try to push the "am I really human" conflict a bit too hard.

Non-Japanese live action adaptations.

It's not like she was human in the manga either.

Please tell me this isn't real.

It's real
It's Cameron's dream come to life

This.

I'm more worried how they will butcher the plot.

Or just cast a normal person and say it is a robot like in any other movie.

There is something very wrong with this Cameron guy then.

Hollyjews ruin everything.

We'll it's kind of the main plot of the manga isn't it?

The action looks cool, like especially the speed and weight of her movement when the guy grabs her throat. I could even accept the weird look, as long as they actually made the other robots the same.

>What went wrong?
Hollywood and CG, as always.

nothing
She is cute, CUTE!

I fucking swear to god, this looks like a 3d rendering of some 12-year-old's deviantart garbage.

People get used to CG or shows with strange artstyles within 1-2 episodes.
By the end of the movie you're probably not even going to notice it anymore.

>Not only the eyes in CG are disproportionate, but they make her nose and mouth smaller.
Mission accomplished?

honestly? it looks interesting

I'll probably see it in theaters assuming the inevitable leaks don't reveal it to be utter shit

not Sup Forums content though, fuck off

I would say yes, but this trick only works on 2D

>not Sup Forums content though
read the rules better newfag

You are not Sup Forums content, fuck off.

>Anime characters are asian
kek

You guys may dislike the bugeyes, but for once hollywood seems to have actually put effort into an anime movie. Instead of just shitting on the fans and expecting free money.

Basically this. It won't be great but you cant compare it to the likes of or whatever.

>only works on 2D

>being one of these creepy faggots that walk around with a fucking doll on your shoulder
kindly kys

Dolls are creepy.

dolls cute, humans creepy. and that's a figure.

They didn't stylize any of the other characters. Why doesn't doc have a chin 3 feet long and nose to match?

>but for once hollywood seems to have actually put effort into an anime movie. Instead of just shitting on the fans and expecting free money
Could this be considered a copypasta at this point.?

Hollywood cannot adapt anime.

The eyes are fine, it's what they will do the rest that will almost certainly be a problem. Past experience would indicate the movie will be a bad adaptation anyway.
Ran out of money?

>le Jewish boogeyman

It is, but it's also not anime. This is basically like if we got Roger Rabbit but Jew execs behind it were saying its anime

If this is anime eyes, why are all other with normal eyes?

>"Does it bother you? That i'm not completely human?"
>tfw She's a sentient tumor from the boob of the Princess of Mars that was given a cyborg body

My problem with this is that she is supposed to be fierce looking and in that trailer she looks silly.

They are. Asians have small noses (unlike European fucking huge noses) and rounder eyes.

It's Cameron's 20 years old pet project.

Because she is a bot

Too much focus testing can be a problem. Take something initially aimed at a specific audience, make changes to better fit a more general audience, then lose both as neither like the end result.

The funny thing is that the actress they got looks close enough to Gally/Alita already without having to filter her face through a CG mask.

>Instead of just shitting on the fans and expecting free money.
But japanese anime producers themselves are doing this. Why isn't hollywood allowed to?

Is there a more autistic director than James Cameron?

>asians have rounder eyes

A Korean insult for whites is literally 'round eye'.

In that case, then portugese hispanics are closer to anime than the japs.

>no cgi for the octopus lips
Now this is absolute trash.

Just search Japanese cosplay and then search Western cosplay.

But it's true that foreigner characters, unless they are hafu or the whole series is set out of Japan, have a very clear stereotype even if you don't count the square jaw, pointy noise, blonde American archetype.

>It's Cameron's 20 years old passion project.
FTFY

Imagine being this dedicated to your waifu's manga?

Without heavy makeup they'd look nothing like cuckime.

>Rosa Bianca Salazar
>July 16, 1985 (age 32)
>age 32
sweet jesus

Which makes sense considering anime characters are made to be pretty, something 3D woman can only get close to with a lot of makeup to hide her face. Even so, at least with the makeup its easy for a Japanese person to look like an anime character, something most western people can't do even with mountains of it.

ever consider they wanted that effect on purpose?

>they pulled the uncanny valley look on purpose
sure. ok. that's personally acceptable. but my headcanon says otherwise

>all these losers who watch anime all day keeps complaining how the movie/TV adaptation don't follow the source material. HERE! how's that for following the source material? how'd you like those big eyes now, huh?

Say whatever you want about corporate meddling and assembly lines but passion projects always end up being shit. Artist can not be trusted with their own visions.

This was in the cards back in the 90s when JC, got the rights to the IP. He always said he wanted Gally to be a cg character and was waiting for the tech to catch up.

Mad Max Fury Road would like a word with you.

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHA
sorry to break your little bubble but japs worship white people , that's why all anime characters look white , have white features , and have big eyes

Mark my words. This will be the next "Speed Racer" as far as adaptions go.

/thread

>Alita has big eyes in the manga to give her an air of cuteness and innocence that contrasts with her nature as a killing machine
>movie makers misinterpret it as her eyes actually being bigger than everyone else's

How the fuck did they even make that logical leap? It's a stylistic choice that shows up in anime and manga all of the fucking time.

>something most western people can't do even with mountains of it
>most
Have you seen what the average japanese school girl looks like?

But Speed Racer was kino, this just looks generic.

I liked Speed racer

everyone says she looks creepy but I just want to cum on her

>big eyes
>but didn't give her Octopus lips

Movie didn't misinterpret anything but go on and continue to pretend to know what you're talking about

>generic

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Speed Racer was goof, though.

Go to bed cameron.

That was muh point.

But how come the other bots have normal eyes?

>1:23

instant shit movie.

>Round eye being an insult
>Being able to actually have your eyes open and not looking like you need to get your eyes checked 24/7 is bad
No wonder they ended up with the risk of getting nuked by themselves.

Why are her eyes so big? I just hope it has more soul than other Hollywood adaptions, though it probably won't.

because they are different bots?

knew this one girl who would squint like hell when she was drunk. pretty sure her eyes werent open, but they were.

it was cute as hell

If they followed the first two volumes into a sequel motor ball movie, it might have. Changing Hugo to be the person who taught her motor ball, and Ido apparently isn't from Salem, and having the OVA-only character for some reason makes it seem like its just going to be half-assed.

Zapan will probably turn into a motor ball guy, and after he kills Hugo, Alita joins to get revenge. I'd be surprised if Hugo dies on the suspension cables after Vector lies to him.

>she looks great

You probably have downs.

Fucking cuck.

The eyes would work better if she had the hair

That's a lie, the eyes are shit. But she also needs the floof.

Fuck off kike.

What the fuck is wrong with James Cameron? Too much vegan diet?

Her eyes are just way too shallow. If they deepened her eyes into her face it would look WAY better. They're also way to far apart.