ITT: Characters who died useless deaths

ITT: Characters who died useless deaths.

I wish I could die like this one day, not of old age, not of a shit disease or by a car crash, I wanna go while doing my best at what I love doing the most somehow, maybe fail but still showing great resolve.

Why are men so retarded?

You wouldn't understand, honey. Honor and accountability are male traits.

ITT: Scenes women will NEVER understand.

Unless you're sacrificing yourself to summon an ancient horror & eternal loli, I don't see how your death could be non-useless.

Isley.

>hurr hurr muh fighting, muh brain damage
>WAHHH boo hoo my waifu is dead, muhh depression
I don't get it, where's the honour and accountability? Both of those retards aren't honourable or reliable people.

All of them.

No, Joe died in achieving his dreams. He gave his last to advance himself. Spike went to his death because he didn't really feel alive anymore anyway.

Nice TTGL reference, bro!

>This echoes Natsume Fusanosuke's own interpretation of the ending, in which he points out that the left-side in manga represents the future (right-to-left order, remember). By having Joe sit down facing the left with a faint smile, while the status of his mortality is kept intentionally ambiguous, the manga tells us that whether or not he died is trivial. The true significance is that Yabuki Joe faces tomorrow.
tl;dr Joe may or may not be dead, but it doesn't matter either way.

i know

I still can't get over how predictable and boring Tobi's reveal was. Any one would have been more interesting than Obito.

Not really but pretty close

Neat.

Is this a TTGL reference? TMS confirmed for bros.

Not even the right character. Joe should've gained some weight instead of making Rikiishi drop two classes.

Riskishii was such an autist here. Looked so pathetic when he was dehydrated and started sperging out, the entire thing was easily preventable.

They could've met halfway and each gained/lost one weight class. But still, Rikiishi's death was an unfortunate accident, it only happened because his condition left him open to a particularly damaging punch to the back of the head.

>the entire thing was easily preventable.
Agreed. Rikkiishi should've dropped 1 class instead of his suicidal cutting, while Joe goes up 1 class to meet Rikiishi in the middle. I don't know why Danpei didn't suggest this to Joe. Maybe he wasn't aware of Rikiishi's condition, it's been a while since I've read/watched Joe.
>They could've met halfway and each gained/lost one weight class.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

I really wish Rikiishi lived. I wanted to see him succeed. Jose vs Rikiishi could've been really entertaining.

We would've had a completely different manga had Rikiishi lived though.

You aren't wrong. I'm happy with what we got, but damn, it would've been cool to see Rikiishi fight more.

Would've been interesting to see that happen in AU adaptations, like the Death Note movies where L wins.

>I don't know why Danpei didn't suggest this to Joe
Danpei went to their gym to confirm the fight but it was already when Rikkishi was deep into his weight loss so he had to accept the fight after seeing what Rikishi had been through.

>You will never become that white ash

Hey Sup Forums, Have you enjoyed your youth to the fullest?

I like how it could've been a potentially useful moment but Araki said fuck that and made it so Joseph didn't take the antidote.

>you will never step out of the shadows and let your soul burn brightly away like Joe, Rikiishi and Carlos
Deaths and life-ruining injuries shouldn't be glorified, but fuck if this manga doesn't make them feel beautiful.

Don´t worry pickles. Is one of the reason why women can never beat the dick.

>you will never step out of the shadows and let your soul burn brightly away like Joe, Rikiishi and Carlos
But the lesson is to not be a dumbass who wastes his youth being reckless and doing dumb shit. The god tier boxers like the korean guy and jose were older and normally more calm, careful and collected, they also retired without permanent injuries.

They wouldn't have found the real Pain without him

Agreed, but Joe and the others' recklessness and stupidity are made to look very appealing.

Sage Nardo would have figured it out, after he was done rampaging

They wouldn't know there is a real Pain in the first place.

Caesar got the antidote, and Joseph didn't drink it til after he beat Wamuu.

Never seen such a stupid way to die, I couldn't even get sad for him.

Yes. I watch anime and play video games all the time.

Does this look like a calm person to you? And I'm pretty sure he was permantley fucked up after his match with joe.

who?

He's normally calm but Joe fucked him mentally by trying to kill him in the ring, he probably retired after this to spend time with his family.

Jose did nothing wrong. Imagine if Carlos was smart enough to delay his fight instead of doing it asap.

Did anyone besides Ono actually want Harimao to get into Street Fighter V?

Literally every enemy in Ashita no Joe did nothing wrong now that I think about it. Especially that black guy, his death was unnecessary as hell.

What about Kim? He didn't care for boxing as a sport and was cool with killing some of his opponents.

SFV is such a shitty anime

He was a mentally ill person who was adopted by that wack korean general and forced into boxing so arguably it's not his fault.

Indeed. Kim had a hard life, to say the least.

Who do you mean by black guy? I can't recall anyone other than Carlos right now and he didn't die, he just had to retire.

Her death was pointless to begin with, since they pretty much overlooked it immediately, and her death became even more pointless after the time reset.

anyone who wants to die in their beds is fool and a coward

>pulled out a knife in front of a cop

The guy with the cards who died in the car crash.

Spike explains it himself when he talks about his eyes. He's lost in a dream and he's tired of it.

I'm drawing a blank. Oh well.

Define useful death.

Is a man thing, doing you best even if it kills you.

He's kind of forgettable. He's the guy Joe had to beat in order to fight Jose, Jose had his own opponent.

I BVM'd a guy who was in a box tournament, fell on his back and hit the base of his skull, he was pronounced brain dead. Not quite, more like disconnected like that metallica song, he lasted like 3 or 4 days in that state, but no one wanted to keep him alive.

This is why women can’t be president

This death was very damn useful, Simon's potential would have amounted to nothing if he didn't have someone to look up to

Read
May not happen to you, but probably it would. Imagine being in a dark world, you can't see, can't hear, can't feel even you still feel the phantom pain, may or may not smell, you're left alone to your thoughts for days, all you know is dead is coming and you know you left a lot of shit pending.

Besides everyone was fucking shitting on the dude, i thought it was cool, he died doing what he loved, honor and shit, everyone was just like "lol what a dumbass, why did he box? violence as a sport? he should have known better, they must have give him a beatdown hehehe". His family all were coming to see him in his half dead status, his mom lied to him saying he won the fight, his brother told him his girlfriend was pregnant, his gf told him he had promised to take her out some date soon, the priest came and gave him the last rites, for which i was glad, as everyone else dies a dog death in that shit hospital.

Useless and retarded.

>I don't get it and must project my inferiority upon others.

Dammit all. I'll remember this dude, at least for as much as my anime-flooded memories allow.

get this 3DPD shit outta here

What about Wolf? He was kind of a dick but it really was the kids fault in the end for trying to spy on his training

He died going out in a blaze and then forced the whole brigade to mature.

Wolf had a hard life, he had good potential as a boxer until shinigami Joe got into his life

So, tiny veiled Joe thread?
Who's best boxer?
Which is best opening?
And how did they add so many great anime only moments to an already masterpiece of a manga?
Also, would the media be like it is today without it?

>they pretty much overlooked it immediately
>sends MC into a depressive spiral for an entire episode
>doesn't fully recover until he discovers time travel

k

I really wish they kept the travelling arc. Would be the only thing that could make it better.

maybe if the author didn't name him Tobi of all things