Has the united states military become decadent?

Has the united states military become decadent?
Its been taken as a matter of course that they are unbeatable for so long... but isn't that how it always goes with great powers, you guys certainly are distracted these days?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DWYrcnehito
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just wait until you see Russians, they think they are a bunch of Ramboes again

could the us take china and russia?

If the other 194 nations of the globe teamed up against the US, the odds would still be in our favor. We have between 12-50 aircraft carriers depending on what you count as an aircraft carrier. Our air force is the largest air force on the planet, with our navy doubling as the 2nd largest air force on the planet. We can't be beat in a shooting war.

Probably not, but neither could Russia pull one on either of them.

fuck...it is incredibly important that the us never collapses internally. Think of the power vacuum and all that power becoming unwieldy.

although given the power you guys have its kind of plausible that you have and we would have no way of knowing. i assume you guys hold all of the card on the intel front as well to a similar degree

It's been in a downward spiral since 2001.

Attached: US Military before and after 2001.jpg (960x310, 114K)

i fuckin hate those ridiculously cherry-picked photos... i know its a joke but what a terrible way to make a point

We also have the advantage in geography, and any issue of intercontinental ballistic missiles simply returns to MAD so that's not really an option for most countries. We are effectively the standing army of most of Europe.

well good. thanks for that by the way, i figure its totally self-serving of you but still... we don't say that enough.

We have no money to pay you back.

gib potato and you're good

The only thing you owe us is a united ireland. 26/32, get to it lad

take one.

US has the ability to deploy anywhere in the world with force in about 48 hours time. China and Russia can barley project power over their own borders.

wrong actually
>post desert storm and before 9/11
>shitbag slackers looking for a free ride

>post 9/11 until 2008 financial crash.
>hardcore motherfuckers

>post financial crash until 2016
>shitbag slackers looking for a free ride.

economy is back up and recruiting numbers are down.

it will come to an end eventually, that will be nuts

truth

Attached: post 911 waldo.jpg (717x960, 120K)

at least we'll take down the rest of the world with us.

Everything does but for the immediate future the US is unchallenged. Without Putin their is no Russia. China is about to get smacked by the one child policy and the fact that it is still toting Maoist propaganda in a increasingly capitalist society. My money is on the EU if it can pull its shit together and not implode on itself.

the fall of rome expanded exponentially i should think and add in nukes and whatever other weapons involved by then.

maybe even limited interplanetary capability

no, id say it will be several lifetimes at least

US army never fought on their own ground (exept war for freedom against British). So will be enough only 10.000 to 100.000 on american lands to start panic among peaceful americans. US sitizens haven't traditions and experience of partizanic wars.

And strong army === strong economy. Novadays strong economies rises in Asia - South Korea, China, Japan etc.

So today US army still the strongest. But what will be tomorrow? After 5 years or 10? Look to USA economy to make it clear.

>eu
you mean eurabia?

This the best possible outcome honestly. I also have no idea why Sup Forums has such a hard on for the idea of a world without the West in charge.

>US sitizens haven't traditions and experience of partizanic wars
We're a giant fucking island with 300M+ guns in the hands of 300M+ citizens. There's a reason why we don't have any experience fighting as partisans. Having a history of getting rolled/rekt/oppressed by invaders and your own govt alike is not a thing you should be proud of, Ivan.

this.

americans dream of being militia

>I also have no idea why Sup Forums has such a hard on for the idea of a world without the West in charge.
what the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 1517518781815.gif (460x243, 1.16M)

the entire population is a militia, in theory, according to the constitution.

Have gun - still... Bit you leftist idiots in you goverment want to take it away from you hands.

And guns in houses != experience in partizanic wars.

Well Russia took Crimea without suffering any combat casualties.
Russia also BTFO! Chechnya, and then managed to rebuild it.
Weapons are pretty much irrelevant in such a conflict. What matters is who has the most determination and decisiveness, and the US lacks both when it comes to waging war half the world away.
Just look at Iraq and Afghanistan and compare them to Chechnya.
Compare Iraq before and after US invasion/war in 2003. Iraq was much better before.
Compare Afghanistan before and after US invasion/war in 2001. Afghanistan was much better before.
Then compare Chechnya before and after Russia invaded and beat them to submission.
Historically, Vietnam is also another half-assed attempt at waging war from the US.
The US couldn't defeat Iran in a conventional war, let alone Russia or China.

You'd never stand a chance in that scenario. LMAO

>Bit you leftist idiots in you goverment want to take it away from you hands.
From my cold dead hands.
>And guns in houses != experience in partizanic wars.
And getting buttfucked to the point where you're a group of literal walking rags with some dynamite and half a clue as to where the nearest railroad is != experience as a competent fighting force
>Russia also BTFO! Chechnya
good joke
If the globe teamed up against us, it would be 4 aircraft carriers (the rest of the world) vs 12-50 aircraft carriers (the US).

Attached: this is a color image.jpg (900x736, 358K)

To be honest like USSR USA will fall appart not in war way... And like Ancient Rome.

I quess that USA will fall through civilic war, when elites in top of society will be divided even stronger than now with Trump and SJW-idiots

Pretty much this.

"From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia...could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.”

How you let the fucking communists occupy you own unvesrities? HOW?!!!!

everything is a bit more complicated
fighting on your own land also requires the unity of the people. Does US have this right now? Does Russia have this right now? i guess not. But China opposite have this(their only problem is turks in eastern parts of country, but they are literally irrelevant).
Also, to if you want to wage successful war on your own territory you need insane propaganda and idea. All this countries have strong propaganda tools, but does all of them have idea? I guess Russia still have some remnants from Soviet era. Chinese imperialism is on the rise. But what have US? how strong is Vietnam syndrome in US nowadays. How strong is american fate in "Land of the Brave, land of the Free" today?

Tovarish eto moi tread. Proidite k vashemy serjantu.

im very wary of saying never, certainly in our current society, level of technology I don't see how anyone could match you but who knows what the future will bring.

>china has unity
stopped reading there. one of their fatal flaws is how much of their defense budget goes towards oppressing the populace and making sure their surrounding neighbors don't attack or progress further in their own endeavors.
>if you want to wage successful war on your own territory
name one country who could reach the San Diego Bay, let alone within 500 nautical miles of the coastline.

I got out just before the big SJW wave hit but i saw the signs of it.

>Well Russia took Crimea without suffering any combat casualties.

because Crimean population is pro russian. Because most of them are russians. Bad example

>Russia also BTFO! Chechnya, and then managed to rebuild it.

burger is right. Checnya was a disaster and exactly because Chechens have idea (they are muslims) and have partisan expirience. Only reason why Chechnya is still part of Russia is Putin and hes tricky policy in this region.

in general my point is that today war is changed for white countries. They dont have idea like in 1940 for example. They dont have fate, they dont have motivation to fight. Just tell me what the reason for white american to die in war against China? Im already mentioned vietnam syndrome itt. Now imagine american public opinion if there is not vietnam war, but war in china. Can you imagine scale of this war? loses? it will be 50-60 Vietnams combined. How can capitalist country with material idea of prosperty handle this? what the reason to die? cheap jeans and beer? new iphone? Americans dont have idea of freedom anymore. Only reason why their half-mercinary army fights in places like middle east is money and sake of citizenship. Would this puerto-rican mexican immigrants fight for US in TOTAL WAR. Will they fight for money when 2 meter layer of corpses of their friends is under the caterpillars of their tank?

there's very little sign of that here.. you get the odd retarded lecturer but in general, the students are pretty apolitical

Freedom. It's a great thing, but we don't appreciate it, which is why a significant amount of our population keeps voting and pushing to erode it at every level of society.

Yah i saw it mostly in my final year taking some last minute freshman classes for easy credits. Stupidest debate i ever had was how do you stop a genocide. I said use force you idiots and people freaked the fuck out.

This pretty much. Don't forget that there is like 50 guns for every American in America. Less than 1% of our nation is in the Military but should even a few more able bodied men be forced to fight for their survival We'd have by far one of the largest most well supplied armies on the planet, there would be no way to win a war of attrition against us

Our only true threat to our continental holdings is the Russo-Canadaian alliance and they have the economic output of only one of our states

We may be forced to tap some oil fields but That simple fact would decimate the economies of most of the world, including the Russians and Canadians.

And a stoppage of goods from china would cripple any armament potential they have, and our substantial debt to them would be Erased, sending any equity they have to pennies on the dollar

how else are you supposed to stop an ongoing genocide

>name one country who could reach the San Diego Bay, let alone within 500 nautical miles of the coastline.
thats exactly only reason why US is so strong and why US will collapse like Roman Empire of USSR as someone already told itt

and btw thats the reason why all songs of american goverment about "agressors" is looks so fun
its like blame someone for bombing while sitting "at the wheel" of a b-52

I worry about this.

Fighting age citizens in U.S. are chinks, spics, and sand niggers with no allegiance to this country. No way.

Fucking exactly.

>Can you imagine scale of this war?
How about you stop assuming that a hypothetical shooting war between superpowers would be anything akin to Vietnam? Linebacker III wouldn't involve a presidential list of targets that were hit last week.
>and btw thats the reason why all songs of american goverment about "agressors" is looks so fun
>its like blame someone for bombing while sitting "at the wheel" of a b-52
english, motherfucker

We have a blackwater mecenary force of mostly chileans who are loyal to the money we pay them. In Iraq II they used 2 merc for every 1 soldier so they could go on TV and say we only had 100,000 troops on the ground when it was at least 300k with mercs

i dont know how a turbine powered tank if that even is one, feeds fuel but if the power stayed on i could get that thing unstuck with some tactical jerking of the controls

Attached: 1489810039512.jpg (480x480, 11K)

>war between superpowers would be anything akin to Vietnam?
it will be 60 times harder
>english, motherfucker
not an argument
i am russian and its obvious that my english is weak but i guess you can get my point anyway, atlest if you not dump as nigger

Say what you want about muh Israel's bitch but as far as moral and training we are the best equipped most highly motivated fighting force on the planet. Granted there are weak links. Speaking from experience

>muh super duper aircraft carriers
One hypersonic missile and your shit carriers are goin down

>it will be 60 times harder
So a war would be more difficult for the US when the targets are more clearly defined and readily attacked? Read a book, nigger. The Vietnam war was a shitshow at the brass level, and even then we were winning resounding victories on the ground up until our withdrawal from the country.

>not an argument
I literally can't figure out what you're saying. Are you talking about OUR songs on the topic of aggressors looking fun? Or foreign fighters and their songs about us being aggressors?
You realize ICBMs are hypersonic, too? We can intercept those, we can intercept a hypersonic ASM. Also being hypersonic makes it ez as fuck to detect a launch, and good luck coming up with a respectable CEP @ hypersonic speeds against a target moving at speeds in excess of 40 knots

rake yourself, leaf. you couldn't even build a domestic fighter that survived the political process, let alone outperform what was currently available as of decades ago.

>we
your vpn is still on rabbi schlomo

I keep seeing this meme but don't believe it and the WW3 prophecies shut it down REAL QUICK.

lol, i was literally at the same post as that guy. I knew he was going to be a meme way back in 2008

>The Vietnam war was a shitshow at the brass level
exactly, and even this shit show turns your public to protests and etc. How many problems you country have after those war? and we are talking about real war here, not about shitshow at the brass level

> Are you talking about OUR songs on the topic of aggressors looking fun? Or foreign fighters and their songs about us being aggressors?

"song" is metaphor here, nigger
and i talking here about amrican occupation of half of the planet and their non-stop whining about russian plane near russian borders.

Attached: images.jpg (183x276, 13K)

Mexico.

You don't?

Well with nukes its game over for everyone anyways. Russia and China both lack strong navy's and air forces which allow for the deployment of forces rapidly.

Or we could just a drop a bomb in yellowstone.

no, we dream of being left alone

>exactly, and even this shit show turns your public to protests and etc.
Vietnam wasn't heavily protested because the war went so swimmingly. It was protested because the public was getting images beamed to their TV showing the fucking massive disconnect between the brass and enlisted man, and the utter lack of logic in our plans for the country. Like I said, Linebacker III won't involve a list of presidentially-selected targets that were already struck twice if not thrice before. A war with China would be clear cut and an utter cakewalk for the US.

>and i talking here about amrican occupation of half of the planet and their non-stop whining about russian plane near russian borders.
what whining? it's friendly banter that goes back half a century

touche

I'd actually be interested to hear more about this if anyone happens to know shit about subterranean geology and big bombs

Attached: bear intercepts over the years.jpg (710x3090, 343K)

Well it was more a joke than anything. I don't actually know if it would be possible to trigger a volcanic eruption with explosives.
However. The San Andreas fault is from what I've heard, regularly treated with explosives to trigger smaller quakes to loosen tension.

>A war with China would be clear cut and an utter cakewalk for the US
>implying that media is not jewish rats

>what whining? it's friendly banter that goes back half a century
i agree but normies usually dont get this kind or inside jokes and it seems like american society and goverment become offended feminists or something

intredasting

>implying that media is not jewish rats
stormin norman made good use of the media during the gulf war. stay the fuck out of my running desert battles, focus the cameras on my marines marching through the streets of kuwait
>it seems like american society and goverment become offended feminists or something
Only the democrats, their young voter base, and CNN. Anyone who falls into the category of "normal" or "was alive during the collapse of the USSR" doesn't give two fucks about anything Russia does.

Can't wait for the Yellowstone Eruption.

I think that with coming new technologies battlefield is becoming ever more equal.
(not to mention nukes that pretty much are equalizer)
Think of Maxim machinegun,well placed fcker could wipe out entire division.
Whoever creates AI controled shooting platforms will dominate future warfare.
my 0.02c

Attached: bearrrs.jpg (800x450, 75K)

>Import scum of the earth for slave labour & govt support (love govt due to gibs)
>Slaves won't fight for country during defensive war
>Neither will locals due to their country doesn't exist anymore and will just be dying for remfs

the united states military is the only professional military with fresh war experience

EVERYBODY else has to prove that they can actually stay and fight a ground war

Attacking civilians doesn't equal war experience.

Blasting mudslimes with Ak47s with JDAMs, javelins,gunships and Abrams is hardly an experiance, its more like clown fiesta.

well armed terrorists are not civilians

constant danger, ambushes and IEDs on every corner is exactly what's the hardest in war

you couldn't do it without resorting to outright genocide, and got your shit kicked in by the international community

US military industrial complex is consumer based, it needs perpetual war to keep it going.
Thats why you have F35 planes which reached ridiculus prices in development and testing, or M777, billions used to develop simple howitzer ?
M982 Excalibur rounds that cost multpiple year soldier paychecks are fired in dozens everyday in Afghanistan.

Attached: kek.gif (748x500, 216K)

>it needs perpetual war to keep it going.
you're a moron, the Reagan buildup was the biggest and there was no war

So.. Your big army means squat shit when it comes to dozen of towel heads popin few shots at you bases every morning before their morning coffee ?
mfw entire US outpost jumps to fighting positions in full alert because some fcker fired 10 shots with his AK on midday stroll.

Attached: kek.jpg (1024x682, 74K)

The Russian air force missed anywhere from 40-50% of their targets during the chechnyan conflict and georgian conflict. I'd bet that they did much better during the Syrian conflict, but that's to be determined.
>its more like clown fiesta.
Sending a column of tanks into Grozny with no infantry support was a clown fiesta.

nobody comes close to the level of combat experience attained by the US. we've been at war for 239 years of our 241 years of existence. We've got all the COIN conflicts of the last decade+, we've got the gulf war, grenada, lebanon, etc etc etc.

> Your big army means squat shit
ask Milosevic

America has been at war 93% of the time, 222 out of 239 years since 1776.
That speaks volumens doesnt it?
Who wins most payed government contracts, yeah its military industry.
Even NASA has contracts that are dwarfed by military ones.

>Its been taken as a matter of course that they are unbeatable for so long.
Try us faggots

Ask Achmed the taliban why are you still in Afghanistan for over a decade since you dont know either.
Yeah ask Milosevic for being bombed 3 months by essentialy whole world. kek

>America has been at war 93% of the time,
Did you read this bullshit in your old communist text books? REAL wars are very rare.
In fact like I said, there was no war during the biggest buildup under Reagan.
America takes defense extremely seriously as it guarantees the continuation of its way of life.

not sure what you mean, US has lost every war since vietnam

>n fact like I said, there was no war during the biggest buildup under Reagan.
youtu.be/DWYrcnehito
what a fucking orator

Relax Joe, noones gonna attack you, you dont need to prep for ww3, quit burying that shipping container or building that 20th carrier kek

>why are you still in Afghanistan
why not?

>by essentialy whole world
oh fuck off, very few resources were used

you remain the shame of Europe after 100 years

Real war or proxy one, doesnt matter as long as military gets billions worth of contracts.
How much serious is when you have that much force ?
Is 20th carrier too much or ok burger?
Explain to me how M777 single piece howitzer unit costs $1,173,077 on average ?
Cant wait for mental gymnastics behind that.

>hurr durr why not,shame you
Yeah i see what im dealing with here, go play COD little shit.

The military is an insurance policy. For the third time, war is not necessary in order to spend on it.

>unit costs $1,173,077 on average
Why do you care? America prints the $ and is a $20 Trillion economy.

>Cant wait for mental gymnastics behind that.
It's really not a lot of money for modern capability, poorfag. There are planes that cost $ billions.

Why you change subject to russians?
Only ww2 was real test of american military imo, rest were clown fiestas, fighting 3rd world and worse amries, or group of organized towel heads at best thats hardly any experiance considering that generation is well gone.
So practicly none for real full scale war, like everyone else.

>We can intercept those, we can intercept a hypersonic ASM.
An ICBM has a predictable path, is huge as fuck and you immediately recognize the launch. You can't miss something thats so fucking obvious, and still, the US has a limited chance of 50% to intercept it.

A Zircon is flying faster than a sniper bullet, it is flying low attitude and when you are able to detect it, it will already hit you before you are even able to launch an missile to intercept it.

One Zircon can BTFO a whole aircraft carrier and the USA has no technology to intercept it.
In WW3, an aircraft carrier would be fucking worthless.

Attached: koreanlaugh.gif (245x300, 995K)

you will be the buthurt shame of Europe forever, won't you?

>I asked a qestion and you give me why do you care or you are poor.
t. burger spastic brain on simple talk everyone.