Violet Evergarden PV4

youtube.com/watch?v=g5xWqjFglsk
Kyoani finds the way. Holy crap, the animation is amazing.

This looks like a beautifully animated garbage, all style no substance. Is the source material any good? Cause judging by the previews the story sounds so bad

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jjy65JE6kc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DSs-Qi5-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks extremely boring and pretentious, also episodic bullshit.

Soul-crushing drama
Jaw-dropping art
Thanks you biased Kyoani

>bad story
Well, it depends on your definition of "bad."

It might come down to preference, especially if it has a penchant for melodrama.
It might be structurally sound, but it might not appeal to people and that's ok.

I'll go in with an open mind but a skeptical heart.

Forced animation with fujoshit pandering

I literally can't watch Non-Kyoani anime anymore, everything looks like a sad joke in comparison to their art.

Superior nippon instagram filter folded one thousand times.
God, I'm getting fucking sick of Yamada's shit.
It's been getting worse since Tamako Love Story.
Those filters and blurs are awful to look at.

>looks shit
>art and animation is great

Just another kyoani show then. Imagine if they adapted something good for once.

>I have only seen a few preview trailers and never seen more than that
>My final opinion of it its utter shit and will not watch it because I have superior tastes

I miss when people use to complete a whole series before voicing their shit thoughts.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if KyoAni wants to be Ufotable

Sup Forums always has been cynical and pessimistic.

Not that it matters, but it's worth mentioning.

The worst part is that all that post effects shit fucks up with the levels and looks too muddy in the end.
It's a fucking tragedy that all the talent goes to waste because of this shitty director's whims.

Sup Forums is every casual normalfag anime watcher cliche come to life. Even reddit is nowhere near this bad. This is laughable.

Shitposting threads of the season.

Yay, more Seiba

God that music's awful

>That disgusting blur effect

Inb4: What's DOF?

This is so beautiful, I am literally dying inside
Everyone who doesn't appreciate Kyoani's superiority is mentally damaged.

True kino

Please don't blindly praise Yamada's shitty direction.
Her use of blurs and filters are getting out of fucking hand now.

I tried reading the novel, but I couldn't take anything serious after it spent several pages describing the horrors of war only for her to come in and chop up several dudes with an axe.

samefag

Any summary for the episode 3 prescreening?

>The absolute state of shills when flop dragon level sales
The stalker threads will be fun at least.

It looks extremely good, no way I'm missing on all those pretty lines being animated on 2s and 1s.

Something something Oscar Wilde Carles Dickens tier drama something something

I think there will be a marked difference between the novel and this animation.

Novels can be obtuse, especially if they're preachy. However, if there's a solid presentation behind the concepts, then those words become more than words. They can turn into tangible emotions and have real impact beyond food for thought.

This is easily the best looking anime of the year.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jjy65JE6kc

Congratulations KyoAni fans.

It adapts the first chapter.

What are you talking about, OP? Per the unassailable critique of Kyoto Animation's general artistic practices and previous Violet Evergarden PVs that I have had explained to me by various user sophisticates, I can tell you with complete certainty that this is the lowest-quality anime production of all time.

>17000 views
AHAHAHAHA

I cant believe its been almost a year since kyoani s last anime.

For that I can agree

Beauty isn’t measured by views.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DSs-Qi5-o

>Kyoanus sucker "arguments"

Shuan is such a badass.

I cant believe its been almost 8 years since kioani's last good anime

Looks good but not better than evermeme to be honest

Didn’t you watch the musical in episode seven? It’s one of the best anime of all time now.

>if there's a solid presentation behind the concepts
That's a big "IF"

We'll have to wait and see the entire package before passing judgement.

The OP is garbage

VIOLETSKY EVERGARDENSKY

TIME
HEALS
ALL
SORROWS

Maybe you're just projecting

KyoAni always had good animation, it's just that sometimes their writing can be hit or miss. We'll see if it will be good.

Kyoani haven't done anything decent since Hyouka. Just trash and ecchi trash.

>BAAYORETTO EBAGAADEN
What did they mean by this?

So damn hyped! 1st episode is airing on 1/10/2018, 0:00 on TOKYO MX.
(木曜 0:00 - 0:30(水曜深夜))

No eng subs though, but I guess I’ll just have to read the first chapter beforehand.

>former soldier
>gets back to action

Cliche desu senpai. The animation is worth though.

is Violet a lesbian child soldiet?

It's gonna be the best anime ever made. I can't wait. Every time I hear that music theme or the piano covers of it I get more and more excited. This will be a good winter.

#
Child soldier, yes. Lesbian, probably? not, considering what happened between her and Gilbert at the end of the second volume.

(OP) #
The animation is beautiful, and from what I read of the light novel, it plot is decent, though episodic and the purple prose can get quite strong at times.

What kind of turned me off was the relationship between Gilbert and Violet. He felt like a paternal figure to her and is at least 15 years her senior, yet they get together at the end?

And do we ever learn what Violet is? Some kind of super soldier?

This show is so fucking beautiful

The woman named Violet Evergarden was a figure as reticent and charming as an actual doll. Her blue irises, partially covered by golden locks, shone like the ocean, with cherry blossom pink-tinted cheeks over milky white skin and glossy, lustrous rouge lips. She was a woman with a fairness akin to the full moon, not lacking in anything. Were it not for her blinking, she could easily become an artifact in some gallery.

Yep, overly descriptive at times. But, since the only translation as of now is from Tumblr... I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
On the other hand, who can resist that face?

it's probably going to be a snoozefest, but i'll watch it because the animation looks good.

It's all about the wallpaper

Yeah, its pacing is pretty slow at the start (for the LN that is), but the battle scenes should be exciting enough (dare I say edgy?)

EMOTIONLESS

I still ship them though.

The emotionless ones are the ones that get me hard. And Violet will get lewd whether you like it or not.

Yamada has nothing to do with this, retard.

She is not emotionless you retard. She always makes these faces to make you feel bad for tis poor delicate and fragile girl who kills 10 people in one go.

Ishidate is directing, though that is another issue entirely.

To be fair, she’s not completely emotionless, it’s just that Violet does not understand the concept of emotions, and therefore cannot emulate, empathise or express them.

Sorry kid but that shit won't work on me

Fujita also has the same role in VEG that Yamada had in Hibike.

Gilbert embraced Violet, who shed tears while trembling, after slowly caressing her cheeks. “I’ve always wanted to do this.” He whispered as more tears overflowed.
“Violet, I love you.”

So yeah, it’s canon.

Why must KyoAni always focus on feelings instead of just making the characters fuck the shit out of each other?

Kyoani has always been about the feels and not the fanservice (whether that is good or not is up to you).

>Violet please get your shit together already so that my Excalibur can fuck the shit out of your Avalon

>all style no substance
What a meaningless "critique"
Is there no substance in good animation or something? Do you think the effort that goes into making something look fantastic is done by just some braindead monkey? The techniques used to craft these things is just as substantial as the techniques used to write a good story.

Gilbert: “I've finally relised. You were my sheath, Violet.”

Lewd.

Is Violet's toilet scene gonna be in the anime? If yes, around what episode?

Nah, Kyoani won’t risk it by including that.

>KyoAni after being an anti-lolicon pioneer, now outright wants to bring cake cult into anime
Fuck them. Disgusting climaxing hags.

Toilet scene? There isn't one.

Plot also matters.

>story sounds so bad
>no substance

It's not a meaningless critique. The substance is found in the story, characters, world etc. He's saying it looks beautiful but thinks it's all wasted on a shit story.

There IS no substance to just pure animation.

What is supposed to be "so bad" about the story? At worst it just sounds average.

I don't know, I'm just explaining what OP is saying. I have no take nor stake on the matter.

I can already smell the hentai being written as this is typed. It’s inevitable.

Don’t care. Too cute.

>148x240
Are you actually retarded?

Looks like cringeworthy melodrama.

Also this. This trailer was so cringe.

>be me
>love to look at backgrounds or the overall landscape and appreciate them
>KioAny Evergarden
>Backgrounds are all filled with some shitty blur filter