Why didn't Light Yagami have a backup plan for the final episode?

Why didn't Light Yagami have a backup plan for the final episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

aminoapps.com/c/anime/page/blog/fan-made-death-note-alternate-ending/lVtQ_u3envmqE4QnGjX3eZYpDaaoDD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He gets really heated over swim technique

Overconfidence and rushed writing

He did not take mikami's actions into consideration, which is pretty strange considering his intelligence, but he told him not to use the real note under any circumstances after all

Because they wanted him to lose.

because Mikami's an idiot

would it have been credible if the guy fucked up the kanji for his name in the fake death note?

Because the writer needed the good guys to win and couldn't think of anything better.

Because the entire final confrontation was a mess

He already lost by then.

But the good guys didn't win.

Would Light have had a longer lifespan if he had the shinigami eyes?

I say yes.

>Untraceable murder weapon which can kill anyone anywhere on the planet within 1 minute.
>Still gets caught

What a retard.

It all traces back to Light exposing the fuck out of himself early on, if he left Ray Pember alive he probably wouldn't have to go through a third of the shit he goes through
Hell, he didn't even need to reveal to L that he had access to police information

>inb4 he's not actually dead and gets a new season like cg

no he would have died half as many episodes in, thats how it works

As long as it makes the second part of Death Note meaningless I'm all for another season

Meh, he was a glorified lethal injection.At most he helped the reduce the expenses of countries by killing the prisoners, at worst he was basically a medieval witch hunter who killed people who seemed bad.

I find it doubtful that crime rate would drop or that wars would end, since all the big guys in crime aren't known anyway, you could see their names on TV all day and you wouldn't suspect them for a second.If someone is actually proven to be a criminal, the death note is redundant anyway.Otherwise, if you kill guys who the government isn't prosecuting but you think are baddies you're 50/50 killing innocent people, and by your logic you would deserve a heart attack as well. So while I despise Near and I did root for Light the death note is useless for creating "justice".

No because he didn't die a natural death, Ryuk killed the fuck out of him with the Death Note precisely because he didn't want to spend several years on prison waiting for Light to expire

don't worry, if Lelouch is coming back Light will too.

He did, but Near was hiding behing 7 proxies.

It takes how long you're going to live and cuts it in half. He would have lived a shorter life with the eyes no matter what.

I thought the lifespan thing means you automatically die twice as early for whatever reason, I mean its magic right I dont think it just means natural death

>He did

His watch wasn't really a backup plan because even if he wrote down Near's name he still would have been shot by Masuda and then killed by Ryuk.

Because the writer is a hack.

The lifespan thing means the natural life span of a pearson, Shinigamis kill dudes before their natural death to add the remaining lifespan into their own, Ryuk killed Light before his time, if Light did the eyes deal it's unclear whenever he would have died

You could write the name in any language you wanted as long as it's the name you had in mind.
So you could write it in latin alphabet (romanized) and it would work.

Near was a fucking mistake. I'm still fucking mad. It's been years and I never won't not be mad over it.

>I can figure out all these things faster than L ever could with less evidence, and I can also outpredict my opponent by 10 moves. Also in the anime, I figure out who X-Kira is by pointing at the first person I see on TV

No, Shinigami lifespan is directly based on how much lifespan they "steal" from people they kill.
Say a guy's natural lifespan is meant to be 100 years.
Shinigami kills him at 20, this way the remaining 80 years get added to Shinigami's lifespan.
It's also why Shinigami protecting someone results in all of that Shinigami's lifespan it had accumulated being given to the human it saved.
Which is why Misa is still a ripe teenager in the post-epilogue scene that's meant to be many years later, she ages slower due to all the life she got from the two Shinigami that killed themselves for her, and that's despite her taking the eye deal twice.

>Untraceable
It's not. If you started killing high profile targets, they'd nail your position through many underhanded methods.
Even if you were using internet, eventually they'd feed false data to the internet to catch you.
It's just a matter of how quickly it would escalate and what targets you'd kill.
If you stayed very low key, it would work, but if multiple world leaders suddenly died in short interval, investigations would be started.
Worse yet if you did it multiple times.

Death Note's justice is the "can't make an omelette du fromage without breaking a few eggs" kind.
It's explicitly said in the series second half, where Kira is a world renowned God-like entity, that the crime did drop hard and that he has actual religion built around him and that many wars did actually stop.
Sure, it's peace through fear, but it worked. And those that had nothing to fear, became his religious believers.

My headcanon is that part 2 never happened.
Light kill L, wins, gets old, reaches old age, kills himself with the Death Note and goes to usurp the Shinigami King throne.

>spoiler
That would've been jumping the shark but still better than part 2 of Death Note

It's actually a reference to this real fanfic ending, drawn extremely well by some chink perfectly mimicking the official manga art style.

Here, even found a link, super shit quality scans but you can read it:
aminoapps.com/c/anime/page/blog/fan-made-death-note-alternate-ending/lVtQ_u3envmqE4QnGjX3eZYpDaaoDD

Why didn't Mikami have his own page of the Death Note on his person just in case something happened to the book?