Hunter x Hunter thread

Hunter x Hunter thread
Are you guys hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-03/hunter-x-hunter-manga-resumes-in-shonen-jump-on-january-29/.124753
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For what? Also nice fan art

I'm hyped for a volume's worth of chapters before another two-year hiatus now that I've forgotten most of what's going on, yes.

Is it even coming out this week?

It's coming out next month. Let the thread die.

kino arc

>more Kurapika
Ging when?

did kurapika attend the last banquet?
i don't think he cares for those things.

eh

Is it coming back? No? Then no.

its confirm for january user

>Kurapika shit
Wake me up when Clown starts killing Chrollo's friends again

chrollokeks are still recovering

> being a Hisokek

KEKSJOBAFAGS WILL NEVER LIVE THIS DOWN

>being ashamed of Hisoka pulling off the biggest uspet of any troupefag's life

>upset
but he lost you illiterate negroid

Damn. I managed to stay off Sup Forums for a few months but the thought of HxH threads brought me back, and low and behold one is up. Anyway:

>Pitou is a male ant
>CA arc is objectively the best arc
>Chrollo cheated
>2011 > 1999
>Alluka is cute!

And why the fuck would I be uspet about that he's still alive and back to killing spiders like nothing ever happen you fucking paint huffing sperg?

O, MY HUNTER X HUNTER MANGA

We were better off without you, go back.

>like nothing ever happen
lmao hes braindamage and half his limbs are created from nen now

its over for clownshit

Wasn't even a year this time faggot.

welcome back :3

where my nigga leorio

nice meme

I'm pretty hype for shitty art followed by three months of hiatus.

You’re 2 months too early.

>Kurapika and Leorio's Chimera Ant Arc
Nah

>shortest hiatus in 10+ years

>anons still find a way to cry about shit

It's HxH's attempt at a John Carpenter movie, user

I can't believe Theta is fucking dead!

>Theta
is that the cutie bodyguard of bateman?

its been so long that I've forgotten some shit, where art thou killua,gon and leorio?

Gon's at his aunt's house
The last time we saw leorio was at the elections

thought they were on that frickin boat

Yeah. She's gonna get Ponzu'd isn't she?

hxh without gon/killua combo is a ball of shit

worker ants are all female in real life. Just with an underdevelopped reproductive system.

it would be so much better if leorio was with kurapika instead of bill.

thanks for the entomology lesson professor

Do people unironically think that Alluka being able to grant wishes is an asspull? Maybe without context and just that, being able to grant wishes, but is Alluka's demon thingy from the Dark Continent, that just gives insight into how powerful and alien DA is.

Beyond' crew is so cool and I cry a little whenever I think how long it will be until we see them again. I like the current arc, but still.

On the boat, but we'll resolve every other arc before we ever see him again.

I'll take it. I honestly don't care how bad it looks. At this point, I would be happy with a dirty napkin containing the script and stick figures.

Killua and Gon are the only two people in the entire Hunter x Hunter world who are not on the boat.

Personally, I don't think Alluka was an asspull, but I think Killua being able to get around her conditions was.

It COULD be used for asspulls, however it doesn't seem like Togashi plans to since a) Killua doesn't want to use her and b) anyone else using her will end up being punished massively.

She's too dangerous, and she's also very valuable so no doubt she will be a much bigger source of conflict than a plot device to resolve it.

I want to be, but the hiatus's killed me. I dont feel any attachment to this series because i know its useless getting into it again. Togashi will just go into another break and i will be left standing in the rain alone.

we shouldn't be on a board that contains bnha and wan piss retards and other brainlets fanbases. Our manga is vastly superior in term of intelligence.

Also, I can't wait to see Hisoka btfo-ing spider fags.

hisoka was my character hxh while most of Sup Forums was playing in a sandbox or at a park. i made peace with togashi killing him, but him reviving instead was great. there's nothing to live down since it makes total sense to anybody who isn't some speed reading retard

>togashi's cocksuckers actually defend O MY RUBBER MEN
not surprised. keep sucking good boy.

Gons studying on Whale Island
Killuas out and about with Alluka
Leorio is on the lower pleb levels of the boat providing medical assistance

It makes sens that his Nen would become more powerful in death, but that doesn't explain why it would randomly expand and contract just right that it would revive him ala a heart massage does by a surgeon would.

I also think him making an entire hand out of his nen is stupid and his texture nen is too perfect; it should have a weakness if it can copy ANY texture AND stick to it without coming off AND isn't seen though by Gyou.

All of these are correct.

I just think it would have been cooler if he died. Challenges Chrollo to a deathmatch, loses, dies. Would have been fine because the fight was so fucking good.

O MY RUBBER NEN

It would be interesting if Togashi doesnt release 10 chapters of Kurapika talking to nameless characters

Soon.

I don't know if I'll live to see the actual dark continent

Yurikov had more personality in 2 chapters than luffy had in the whole one piece series

It bothers me the most out of anything that has happened. Everything that happened in CA just seemed so perfect that under cutting the tone of what Gon went through by invoking an OP character only vaguely alluded to until then seems kind of like cheating.
But you're right, Alluka could serve as a starting point for something more interesting, which would make any negative feelings I have overall a blemish, potentially.

>Do people unironically think that Alluka being able to grant wishes is an asspull?
Absolutely. The rest of your post is just headcanon and even if it was true I still wouldn't be ok with it because Alluka's power has no basis whatsoever in the HxH universe up to that point. Having Killua find a magic genie in a lamp would have been less of an asspull than Alluka.

Showing from a narrative standpoint that the dark continent yields also usefull entiies that wont just triple backstab you and fuck you over is important because writing a nightmare country in which no good can exists like in toriko just comes off as cheap and comical

that's the point of him dying and getting godly control over his nen. hisoka is only in his late 20's so he's not like these old monsters who used nen for 50-100+ years now regularly. he's simply a genius among genius when it comes to nen. what's rubber? why can't it be hard, flexible, and do anything else. using hisoka's basic ability he could've done everything he did perfectly except he didn't have enough control. he gained that control after reviving.

why does it need a weakness? this isn't pokemon where water beats fire or some shit. why does it need to be seen with gyou? you can see it with your own eyes. you think gyou is omnipotent or something but that's obviously not true. what people can do with their nen aura is way beyond others being able to see it with their eyes unless they've got a special nen ability themselves. it was just there to see the shapes of it not all the secrets it holds.

>why it would randomly expand and contract just right that it would revive him ala a heart massage does by a surgeon would.
if you think about all the other crazy stuff he does with his nen then the idea of contracting his heart is too simple. it's way too simple. you think hisoka is an idiot and he doesn't know human physiology? why? he probably knows more about the human body than most doctors do. you don't get that level of master over your own body without knowledge of your body. meaning all of it.

people say "he'd be brain dead xD" but that's stupid cause they have no idea what the effects of nen on a person. the kind of explosive actions these superhumans take would require more air than olympic gold medalist can even breathe. when you consider how he's in a dormant state which doesn't even have brain activity then suddenly all that oxygen that's required to simply jump around/power their body is now free to keep his brain from decay for maybe an hour? netero is 110+ years old can fight meruem. people have no idea wtf they're talking about

something else
>isn't seen though by Gyou.
you can't even tell if somebody is a conjurer making a nen weapon completely from nen or it's an actual weapon and they're a manipulator controlling. this has been in the story for over a decade with kurapika abusing it the most but it's been explained over and over again. you can see it with your eyes but so what. beyond that you've got no idea

spbp

How did you manage to stay away? I tried to leave but came back after a day.

Asspull only counts what happened before that plot point, not potential for later stories.

I was a bit mad at Alluka the first time I saw her power. I find her wish granting abilities really broken especially with how Killua can wish for anything. Though now that we're finally introduced to the Dark Continent, I'm kind of warming up to her since there are some evidences pointing that Nanika came from there. Nanika's victims look the same as the victims of the calamities found in the human world. A Zoldyck was with Netero when he went to the DC a while back. Also, an extra from volume 33 is a sketch of Nanika saying "I am from the Dark Continent." I think Togashi's really pointing it out that Nanika is the calamity Ai. I just wonder how he'll add the Zoldyck family in the DC arc.

Nope. We were hinted at her existence by the photograph, used twice to both hint and fully introduce her 130+ chapters apart. And by principle, it should have some bearing to the story which it did.

You'd also have to consider if Nanika fits in the world of HxH. And I would say yes. I consider the CA Queen to be a precedent to the kind of bizarre creatures this world can have. Or even before that, we were told of the Sonata of Darkness, a piece written by Satan allegedly that can kill a human by merely playing it and completely deform the nearby listeners. The two just like Nanika prove to be absolutely detrimental to humanity if things get out of hand. Just like the DC as a whole, Togashi just provided an origin.

>it's confirmed for january

what?

give me a link or something

how slow are you

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-03/hunter-x-hunter-manga-resumes-in-shonen-jump-on-january-29/.124753

I'm glad this is bait

t. assblasted chrollokek

Texture surprise doesn't actually create texture it's just a hyper realistic "picture" on the surface, hence the name of the ability. Texture surprise is conjuration so people wouldn't be able to tell it apart from real skin unless they touched it, gyo wouldn't work since it's a real object.

>Are you guys hype?
i am. i probably wouldn't be if it wasn't for kurapika, so togashi made the right choices.

kurapika is a better mc than gon

It depends on the arc. He's perfect for this one.

wrong

Asspull is by definition what happens when a writer pulls a solution to a problem "from his ass", meaning "from a place that was previously unknown to the reader, outside the story". So it obviously can't refer to later events

Not soon enough sadly

user you know that's not going to happen, Kurapika needs he spider foil to actually make him interesting

It's interesting to notice the change in style of the arc when it shifts focus from one mc to another. I think Gon arcs are more fight-oriented and Kurapika arcs are more cerebral.

What I wanna know is how in same hell did Kikyou even give birth to a monster in the first place, let alone all that other shit.

It was probably a virus that affected the fetus.

remmeber the flashback zzigg zoldyck went to dc? he probably bring "ai" back and infected alluka somehow

>This one really thinks "it wasn't even a year" counts as a positive argument
The non existing standards you faggots have, holy shit

hunterkeks unironically have stockholm syndrome.

it's almost as the author makes it up as he goes right

Exactly this. A lot of people who try to defend Nanika don't even know what an asspull is.

Other way around. People who defend understand that there was foreshadowing, precedent, themes and set up attached to it. People who hate on it are Shonenfags who like BnHA and other shit that don't get this and think that finding an asspull in HxH will put HxH on the same level.

>think that finding an asspull in HxH will put HxH on the same level.
But it did. It is even worse, it put Bleach level. Just like Ichigo "gee, oh no, dont release that power, because after that you wont be able to use it!". Togashi should just crippled Gon, I dont doubt that later Gon will be able to not only use Nen again, but almost as good as before.

Agree with everything except
>Chrollo cheated
His power works around stealing other's, it was a great fight and the clown bit more than he could chew
I'm saying this while being a Hisoka fag

No. People who actually understand the story realize that Togashi wrote the Election Arc without taking his usual long hiatus because the 2011 anime would have had an anime-only ending otherwise, leading to a rushed story and a rushed solution that lacked proper foreshadowing, precedent, themes, and set-up (asspull). Had Togashi had time to write it, the arc would have probably been twice as long, but not felt like an asspull.

But it is alright because it was still better than whatever would have come from the anime staff.

thanks for proving his point

This. Even the suppose ass-pulls lead into bigger plot points, like the way alluka is leading into the Dark Continent.

Even Alluka has yet to be used in an asspull way. She was used to heal Gon, but it took an entire arc of conflict to reach that point. And he still lost his role in the story, Kurapika is the main character now. It was justified and balanced, not an easy solution when there was so much trouble getting it done. At most she is a potential asspull that Togashi could choose to use if necessary, but he's already set up plot points that make it seem like he won't (Killua being opposed to using her) and making sure that she's more trouble than she's worth (the dangers of using her, the fact that she's a calamity).

Ai's is a gasous life form and it's description is "codependance of desire", so think symbiosis at the fetus or early childhood.

this is what hisokeks actually believe

Having Killua bring back a magic genie lamp from Greed Island would have been better than Alluka.

What do you guys think about the chimera ants arc?, for me, it's been the worst so far, the weak ants aren't even interesting and they get a lot of screen time. Does it get better at some point?.

This

Honestly, Hisoka should have died but then what's Gon's end all villian to conquer?

lets just hope Togashi follows up with Emperor time's restrictions until Pika contracts the Zombie Disease

Now that he is powerless, Zushi could be his end all villain.

>can't even be bothered to clean his sketches a bit
You don't need much to get Sup Forums to suck your cock, eh?