Haruhi

Do people even give a shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7etu97/sos_brigade_reunited_after_11_years_to_perform/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Haruhi is overrated as fuck, but it's still decent

No, it's terrible slice of life highschool crap with a layer of meta to make it look better.

Yes

This. Reminder only 16 year old gaiaonline using animeclub faggots liked Haruhi, and even 10 years later they cannot move on. Truly sad.

I don't give her shit, I give her my love

Even tanigawa realized how terrible and trash the series is while writing book 12 and gave up writing altogether because of embarrassment

It's Kyoani's magnum opus and Disappearance is the #1 best anime movie ever made.
Only faggots disagree.

Haruhi in disappearance of yuki chan is better.

you contradict yourself

tfw i'll never get more yuki

it hurts.

This. Sup Forums brainlets can't change how good Haruhi is. Except Endless Eight fuck Endless Eight

>fuck Endless Eight
hello fellow retard

It's real easy to say that when you've only seen a couple of Miyazaki movies, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and a handful of others that happened to be popular recently.

>LOTGH
>Card Captor Sakura
>Fist of the north star
>FLCL
>Basilisk
>Full Metal Panic
>Code Geass
>Captain Tsubasa
Since 2018's clearly the year of resurrecting old shit, my hopes for S3's announcement are higher than they've been for a good few years.

Haruhi has fun slice of life, cute girls, actual plot progression about teenagers, and science fiction all in one package. Then Disappearance movie is on a whole different level with its solid story and pretty art without annoying filters and too hyper realistic animation. You just have shit taste

I can't believe that haruhi.tv is still up, what the fuck

Are you implying a vast number of series don't have fun slice of life, cute girls, actual plot progression about teenagers, pretty art, and science fiction all in one package? I could probably list a hundred that fit that description.

>wanting more taaki
Fuck was that ever cringy

Not the good kind though.

That's the point. Out of 11 volumes, they only animated 4. Haruhi did take a nosedive after that, putting dozens of little subplots with zero payoff at the end, then completely ignoring them for the usual brigade shenanigans which included Haruhi being random for the sake of it.
And it ended up explaining jack shit about what was going on, I don't think even the author has an actual convincing explanation.
Haruhi was the meme anime of last decade. It would be hated and taken as pretentious if it aired nowadays.

>Haruhi did take a nosedive after that, putting dozens of little subplots with zero payoff at the end, then completely ignoring them for the usual brigade shenanigans which included Haruhi being random for the sake of it
Nothing you said make sense. There are 2 possible remaining opened subplots (Tsuruya's rod and the Canopy), both not important and/or already explored a bit. Haruhi being random? Every single thing she did was for a reason that got highlighted by a character.
>ignoring for brigade shenanigan
when?
>And it ended up explaining jack shit about what was going on
Literally everything was explained.
>pretentious
Oh, alright, that was a meme opinion all along.

>people who haven't watched it talking shit

Haruhi is the best.

Season 2 of PSG?

raruhy is over

Yes.
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7etu97/sos_brigade_reunited_after_11_years_to_perform/

Season 3 will never happen so long as Tanigawa refuses to write though.

It always sickens me to think that such a great and popular series got killed by its own shitty and autistic fanbase over what was obviously a bullshit smearjob story with fake photos. What was true was that Aya was talking about her previous relationships and having had a boyfriend before, and the idol otaku faggots lost their fucking minds. Aya's a human too. Quit forcing your ideals of purity on her you fucking cucks. She didn't deserve any of that shit and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

It's kill because author doesn't write a sequel

Season 3 will never happen because Aya Hirano's career was ruined by idol otaku cucks.

Nobody cares about Ayas "scandal" anymore. As bullshit as it was, she's still working, she's still voicing Haruhi. It's down to Tanigawa not fuckin writing.

backstory on the scandal?

What the hell are you talking about? There's plenty of material after Disappearance that they can adapt.

Yes, but no new LN to hype and promote along the anime, no season 3. That's how things work with Kadokawa.

That was 7 years ago, she's still going. She just voiced Haruhi in the Yuki spin off, recent audio stuff, did a new song. As well as all the other roles she's been doing like DBZ and Parasyte. The Hirano thing is old news and irrelevant today. There are a multitude of reasons why S3 didnt happen all those years ago, Hirano is a miniscule part of it. Doesn't matter in the long run. Endless Eight did more damage.

Lurk more, newfag.

>hating Endless Eight
>calling anyone else a brainlet
Like pottery.

Mai hime is fucking trash.

They only care if theres something new being released they can shill with a tv anime. If theres nothing to promote then they have no reason to license a show. Thats just how their brains work. Nevermind that Haruhi prints money and a new season would bring in more people to buy the volumes already out but whatever.

Some yellow journalist entertainment news outlet leaked photos of what was allegedly Aya Hirano having an orgy with an entire rock band (except the bass player). The girl in the photo didn't even look like Aya, yet faggots still believed it despite the story clearly being bullshit. This came out not long after Aya mentioned in an interview how she used to have a boyfriend and the idolshits went fucking nuts because they wanted her to be pure and wouldn't tolerate the fact that she's only human, so they were quick to believe anything. The entire "scandal" was bullshit, and idolshits reaction to it was one of the most autistic things I've seen in my life.

Does anyone have subs with honorifics? Or at least with them completely removed? I'm getting annoyed by people calling their classmates Mr and Miss.

Anime endless eight killed it for me. I liked it before but after like 3rd repetition I just couldn't bring myself to give a single fuck anymore.

t. brainlet

There's way more than two. Alongside those there's still Fujiwara/Asahina and Haruhi's present. You can even include the time travel kid.
That's 5 total plot threads not completed as of the final book.

>Haruhi did take a nosedive after that
What the fuck are you even talking about, Sasaki's arc is literally the best thing to come out of this series.

Steins;Gate 0 came out a few years ago but we're only getting the anime now.

Everyone knows Kadokawa hates money. Simple as that.

>Aya is pure!

>Literally everything was explained.
Why was she god then? What was the big deal about 3 years prior to the start that the author kept pushing during the whole damn series just to never properly explain it.
Face it faggot. Tanigawa wrote himself into a corner and just decided to quit before ruining Haruhi with whatever shitty ending he had planned.

Aya is pure.

>time travel kid
That's not a subplot, that just means Haruhi is the origin of time travel.
>Fujiwara/Asahina
Surprise ended that subpot. That was the whole point. The book makes clear Fujiwara has no way of coming back.
>Haruhi's present
Not really a subplot, more like a hook but I'll give you that one if you want.

So besides the Canopy which could get some interesting development you have a rod and a present.

>Why was she god then?
If you read the novels you'd know it's implied that her powers are granted to her through Kyon, unknowingly. I mean this was essentially the entire point of Sasaki's character in the novel.

It was great.
Kyon is literal God and everyone around is sucking his dick, pretending they're in alliance to deal with YAREYARE tulpa he supersedes his genki part into.

>Why was she god then?
Power used to be Sasaki's. It was transferred to Haruhi, supposedly through Kyon, which would imply he's the origin of this whole mess or at least linked to it, which we already kinda knew. You don't need to know any more, scientific explanations give you shit like midichlorians. Especially in a series like Haruhi which likes to stay ambiguous.

>What was the big deal about 3 years prior to the start
Power changing hands.

Yes, Tanigawa could (and should) keep going, but he wrapped up everything important regarding the characters and their developments. And no, if he ever wrote himself into a corner that was after Melancholy or Disappearance. He could really do anything after Surprise and it'd work.

>time travel kid
I'm saying they can do a whole lot more with time travel kid.
>Fujiwara/Asahina
There's no way that just ends with him saying they're siblings and that's it. That's barely a resolution in any way.
There's also the wandering shadow. More can be done with that ala Mysterique Sign.

you're really grasping for straws, you know Tanigawa DID promise he'd do at least one more book to finish the series.

So nothing was actually explained? Gotcha.

>I'm saying they can do a whole lot more with time travel kid.
They can but they never directly hinted they were going to, so it's not a hanging subplot.
>There's no way that just ends with him saying they're siblings and that's it. That's barely a resolution in any way.
Both are highly involved in time travel, which means there's a good chance they'd be related in a way. I'm saying related since they aren't even siblings.

>There's also the wandering shadow. More can be done with that ala Mysterique Sign
Now that's reaching.

That was also like, 7 years ago.

Why do you keep posting as if you know what you're talking about & as if your opinion holds any weight to the topic being discussed?
All I'm saying is: YES the story is unfinished, so what's the point in complaining about open plots when there has been a previous promise to finish the books.

If you want an instruction manual, you shouldn't be reading novels. Also if you knew anything about the Haruhi series in the first place you'd know the plot isn't going to be explained to you this blatantly. Connect the dots, use your brain just a little bit, user.

He's just baiting at this point.

>everything makes sense because Kyon is the cause and not Haruhi, who cares why and how

The levels of retardation are beyond belief. Can you idiots even read? Or did you get someone to read the novels for you?

>All I'm saying is: YES the story is unfinished, so what's the point in complaining about open plots when there has been a previous promise to finish the books.
Because the chances of that promise coming to fruition are slim to none.

Does anyone have an explanation for the origins of God in the real world? Let me know when you find out that answer.

Has there even been any updates? I remember he said he was working on it a few years back, lel.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was a masterpiece

I didn't think VA's were subject to the same psychological torture as AK48 members

At this point I would even take more Yuki-chan tier shit. I just need more Haruhi in my life.

long haired version definitely looks better than short hair

But ponytail long haired is the best.

>11 year anniversary
SEASON 3 ANNOUNCEMENT ANY MINUTE NOW I CAN FEEL IT

she is funny,interesting and attractive

it sure does
that's exactly why,you pudding brain

Nope

I only watched the movie

So, we're close to that time of the year where Haruhi.tv goes full bullshit.

Is this year's bullshit the true bullshit once for all?

brown yellow turquoise burgundy

No

HARUHI HASN'T ENDED WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE KYON'S PRESENT FOR HARUHI. THAT'S A PLOT HOLE.

enough to make me erect

I don't know what you think but I always expected Haruhi's grand finale to be some existential-trippy-philosophical shit, an evangelion tier of ending, with multi-universes imploding into itselves due to some nasty thing happening to Haruhi. With wars between the co-protagonist's factions (in surprise we were really close to that), and with the reveal of Kyon's true keikaku, because that fucking guy can't be just a normal faggot.

Somehow, until we don't have that, Haruhi is not finished for me.

The movie doesn't even make any sense unless you watched the show.

>with multi-universes imploding into itselves due to some nasty thing happening to Haruhi
I mean, at the very least we got this part.

the birth of our universe so haruhi is god

But do they have characters as good as Haruhi

Did the novels seriously confirm it was Kyon all along? Haha holy shit how fucking lame and predicatble is that. Glad I bailed on this turd series a long time aho.

>it was Kyon all along
Except it's not that simple. but whatever. You only came to this thread to shit on the series in the first place.

>People still don't know Miikuru is the true god

Reminder that Koizumi is the biggest fraud of all time.

>this scene will never be animated
I am depressed.

Did you want to say as good as Ken but accidentally mistyped all the letters?

I meant what I said, thanks for asking

You don't miss Haruhi, you only miss last decade's first half where anime wasn't mass produced to appeal to retards.
Everything went to hell after light novels became mainstream and it was Haruhi's fault.

Yeah but Haruhi is a genuinely good LN. Not even joking, I don't think Tanigawa is a "light" novel writer, because he actually has talent as a writer.

True. I'm sure a last LN to cover that kind of stuff and show how Kyon is linked with everything would be perfect, but the real important stuff was wrapped up at least.

It's not really Kyon all along.

Agreed. Haruhi's reputation got tarnished by the braindead anime club fans and the shitty copycat LNs that never replicated what made it good in the first place.

>It's Kyoani's magnum opus
It's not. That would be Nichijou.

I like Nichijou but not that much because I'm not a nip

I'm not saying it's a pinnacle of anime either, but it's definitely the best thing KyoAni has ever animated.