What if Disney starts buying anime studios?

What if Disney starts buying anime studios?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/gt8tf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not much would change, as the flow of shitty shonen anime would stay the same.

Kek

On one hand we wouldn't have imcoplete adaptations as Disney is well known to milk everything to death.
On the other hand every other shitty shonen that gets adapted by them would have 5 spin offs, 20 novels and the most retarded merch.

You'd get a remake of TTGL where Kamina tries to kill Simon in his sleep

Kek. I'm still seething over this. Literally ruined the character of a childhood hero of mine. Fuck Disney. Hopefully they stay the fuck away from anime.

What's this about?

What?

They bought a lot of FOX property

Luke considers killing his nephew Ben in his sleep after seeing a vision of him going to the dark side despite not giving up on Darth fucking Vader.

mad mouse

I'm so glad I stopped watching Star Wars after the disaster that was Attack of the Clones

I hope not.

They would turn anime into a sjw clusterfuck, with most of the Mcs being black and lgtb couples.

Madhouse, Aniplex and A-1 are owned by Sony.

Disney just needs to buy Sony and they will get that sweet videogames money.

Given they already did a Lilo and Stich anime, and all the thing with Marvel, they wouldn,t change that much.
i will prefer Warner Brothers. I liked Supernatural the animation and Batman Gotham Knight back in the day.

You start getting propaganda instead of anime

That would be a shitton of money unless they specifically buy Aniplex from them, and they would also have to make some kind of deal for Funination because Sony also owns them for anime distribution in the US.

I just made a 15-page report about Sony and its subsidaries for Uni

I'd be more worried about Disney buying Sunrise considering the Gundam franchise seems to be going down the shitter lately with nothing but constant rehashes of OYW.

they probably will once they get into the streaming business in 2019
netflix/amazon etc are already making moves to license anime and stuff

They would buy useless studios like Ghibli or Shinkai's studio.

>he thinks anime isn't propaganda
>he thinks shonen isn't stakhanovism in sheep's clothing
>he thinks half of shojo isn't propaganda for the patriarchy
>he thinks the other half isn't feminist propaganda
I could go on.

All t.v. shows would be slice of life/cgdct. All movies would be musicals.

How come anime musicals are so rare?

That would require dancing animation, singing seiyuu and partnertship with record labels who give permission for the seiyuu to sing. It sounds complicated.

That's actually a legit question. Japan does have a pretty lively stage and music industry. They have troups like the Takarazuka, idols, corny live actions plays with songs for every single anime that gets a bit popular, so why not a musical anime?
Sure Disney had Broadway and people from this industry to help (Howard Ashman for instance) but really it's weird that only stuff like Macross and idolshit goes musical. And I say musical but it's mostly just singing songs in universe, not singing your feelings.
I suppose you could say it comes down to cultural difference, but really I think it has more to do with the fact that making an anime musical is a much bigger undertaking than making a regular animated motion picture or an anime series, and anime always prioritized quantity over quality, also quick cashgrabs. Unlike the Disney company.
Maybe Ghibli would have both the power and the ressources but that's probably it.

I guess you could say Love Live was CLOSE to a musical anime. It really didn't feel like a traditional idol anime

The CG somehow gets worse

I never watched Love Live. Is it good or do I need to want to fuck the girls to appreciate it?

How much is sony worth? Disney just bought Fox for $50 billion

They used to have an animation studio in Japan didn't they?

Bit of both. Characters and songs are all fun

Okay I'll give a try then, thanks.

>shitty shonen
No need to repeat yourself.

Poor man's K-ON!, but it's still fun if you manage to get attached. Make sure to check out the seiyuu content if you're into that kind of stuff.

Absolutely underrated.

More niggers and stronk wymin but that's about it

If they ever decide to do that the first one would be Ghibli, they already have the distribution rights in America, so it would only be a matter of setting the meeting and make the offer

>Not watching Revenge of the Sith
Pretty good movie, you're missing out

this my friend
If the fucks at Disney let Jap directors do whatever they want with Hollywood tier budget then I'm all for it.

knowing disney copyright rules the most noticeable change would be the nuke for every new doujin of the newer series aside the usual shady stuff that disney put with their invisible hand

The jews would finally have a foothold in Japan.

>Hollywood tier budget

The animation would probably improve

Kill yourself retard.

H-HAYAI!

>LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR starts playing

>This kill the doujinshi scene
Those fucker could literally buy plenty of studios with all the cash they have on hand.
I seriously hope japan has some sort of protection against that shit.

>flow of shitty shonen anime

If only you knew how terrible things are

Doujinshi are protected under japanese copyright law. Fan CD's and the like have their own protection because Japan is great like that. A possible change to that is why I actually bothered to care about the TPP

1. downloading anime would be punishable
2. more money and more quality
3. more european/american liberal propaganda (diversity)

I protested when Glazers were buying Manchester United, but it's ok now

>sjws meddling with anime to promote diversity and other shit they don't accept.

The jews of Japan are called Kadokawa, Shueisha and Sony.
That nazi Japanese guy who fights women on the astral plane couldn't even frighten the Jews with samurai antics at all. What an useless dork.

I would just quit watching anime, join a gym, & learn to never have passion for anything in fear of it being bought by Disney. They ruined Star Wars for me.

If it were just Sony Entertainment I could see it being around the same price, but the only problem is that Sony Entertainment is like a big umbrella and includes Sony Music Entertainment, which is their music label. Their music label seems to be doing really well revenue-wise (they made over one billion dollars this year with music streaming alone, 2nd biggest music label on a global scale), and thousands of current musicians are in the catalog because they bought Michael Jackson's ATV Music after he died. It'd be easier for them to break off Sony Pictures, which has Tristar and Columbia Pictures.

Sony also has a television branch which would probably be the cheapest of the three Entertainment branches, except for it being the producer of Jeopardy which is a pretty popular show.

That shameless fucking matrix ripoff

>He thinks anime isn't just propaganda, specifically mental wankery like nationalistic narcissism and "we wuz da gud boyz"
For that reason is that there are many weeaboo cucks that idealize that place despite having its share of uncorfotable and nasty things, parrot their self-flattery as some sort of mantra, or act like Japan's internet defense force and put it above their own countries and cultures.

And for the same reason you have foreign characters in anime whose only role is flattering that place and its people by parroting the same lines about how "Japan besto pleisu in za worudo", "everybody roves Japan" and similar crap.

We would finally have anime with good animation

Holy shit a Resident Evil reference? Disney confirmed for bros

>Obligatory Isekai anime where good-natured Japanese high school student dies and respawns into an alternate world containing the Marvelverse.

>Finds that he now has wonderful Japanese Hero themed powers.

>The following show is basically a knock-off Kamen Rider flexing on the Avengers adventure after adventure.

I've thought the same thing, it's absolutely possible Disney will start buying foreign animation and film studios. If they do, anime is about to get much more "diverse"

ASIAN BOYS BTFO
HOLY FUCK
>asian boys

They can't due to japanese law and japanese politicians will not give such a thriving industry to a dying shithole like Hollywood.

>Disney buys KyoAni
>KyoAni girls are now all Disney princesses

Would you count pop idols

The black dude seems to be the one who isn't enjoying it to me.

>implying sluts get to be Disney princessess

its okay user, you'll at least survive longer than whites

>implying they don't
The majority of Disney princesses are trying to get the D in their movies

See

>the ABSOLUTE state of disney

Literally out of shonenshit.

tick tock tick tock, you better visit the comiket while you still can

you'd have quality animation again, and not the low quality shit that is passing for a tv series today you should be more worried about netflix

Holy fucking shit.
I unironically got convinced by the Sup Forums that it was just Sup Forums shitposting.
>Actress dies
>Can give her a good send off
>Nah lets keep her around
just fuck

Goddamn

Attack of the Clones killed all my interest in the franchise back then, but I might give it a chance if only to finish the trilogy.

>THE CONTRACT SAID I GOT TO KISS REY WHAT THE FUCK

More live action animu
streamable.com/gt8tf

It's still gonna happen then, just in a different location (at least so far), and until the end of time. Calm down.

>Japanese politicians
Now, I'm worried.

The one that will goes first is The Jews though. In the end, it will be Chink vs Curry.