They're comin' for you, Oregon

katu.com/news/local/ceasefire-oregon-nra-agree-assault-weapons-ban-would-bar-nearly-all-semi-automatic-sales

>The National Rifle Association and the gun control group Ceasefire Oregon don't agree on much, but KATU discovered they both believe a proposed ban on assault weapons in the state would effectively bar sales of nearly all semi-automatic guns.

>High school students like Xavier Juhala and local religious leaders filed signed petitions in Salem on Monday to move the initiative process forward.

>"Law-abiding citizens don't need weapons of war on the streets," Juhala said.

I'll post some of the better parts next.

Attached: tonsoguns.jpg (986x555, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

katu.com/news/local/supporters-of-proposed-assault-weapons-ban-turn-in-signatures-in-salem
oregonvotes.org/irr/2018/043text.pdf
statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/assault-weapon-ban-petitioners-turn-signatures-oregon-secretary-state-ip-43-assault-rifles/458424002/
dailywire.com/news/28795/kansas-legislation-proposes-making-schools-liable-hank-berrien
sacbee.com/news/state/california/article136478098.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>banning rifles with telescoping stocks
lel.

Attached: noguns1.png (1016x1274, 240K)

Fuck portland and eugene seriously ruining my beautiful home

>banning literally everything
feels bad man

katu.com/news/local/supporters-of-proposed-assault-weapons-ban-turn-in-signatures-in-salem

Here's the actual PDF:

oregonvotes.org/irr/2018/043text.pdf

Attached: noguns2.png (1019x1235, 196K)

thought they swatted this down already

Attached: 1418608888196.png (200x300, 14K)

I used to live in Vancouver, WA, and worked in Portland.

It's a total fucking cesspit. Thank god I moved back home to the best state in the union.

Did they? The article is from yesterday, maybe I'm late to the party.

I might be confusing it with something else

Either way, liberals get out REEEEEE.

>>portland
>>telling the liberals to leave
that's like telling black paint to stop being black

>weapons of war
>but mosin, lee, k98, mauser
>all still ok

It's not swatted down but it's pretty much doomed.

>"But the accelerated timeline is causing some to doubt if they will be able to collect the necessary 88,184 valid signatures in time to qualify for November's general election ballot."

>"The deadline to submit signatures is July 6. The initiative will almost certainly be appealed to the Oregon Supreme Court, and resolution of these cases usually takes between two and six months."

>"Petitioners cannot gather signatures during a legal appeal, and they could have very little time left to do so once the review concludes.

Moreover, the appeal may not be complete by the July 6 deadline because the petition may not even become eligible for the appeal process to begin until mid- to late May.

"I'm concerned about the timeline," Okamoto said. "We might not make it."

statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/assault-weapon-ban-petitioners-turn-signatures-oregon-secretary-state-ip-43-assault-rifles/458424002/

Attached: My Jimmies stable.jpg (1200x1600, 524K)

I hope this is the case, but (((they))) sure are trying awful hard.

What the fuck is something called a Xavier juhulu (sic - who gives a fuck) doing in Oregon in the first place, let alone commenting on the state's politics.

State of Jefferson when? Northwest Republic when?

I have no clue man. State of Jefferson is the only solution, other than glassing all of Portland.

Oregon is the prime example of why I hate Califags coming to Texas, they are a damn cancer to any state they run to.
>high taxes
>high cost of living
>barely any decent jobs
>"let's move to such and such state"
>doesnt like the conservatism that created the low taxes and low cost of living and plentiful jobs
>votes liberal
>ruins state
>"lets move to such and such state"
>the process continues

And the worst part is, the destruction they leave in their wake cannot be undone. California will never, ever be saved.

Ah tick licker.

If it makes you feel any better I'm gonna have to move to texas. Pro: you get one more pro gun voter. I grew up in Oregon and I know what kind of cancer corvallis and Portland are. It's the same cancer you got in Austin.

>Banning spigot grenade launchers when grenades are already illegal/heavily restricted as destructive devices, how many people have been killed by rifle grenades it america?

Attached: D7D66724-9BB9-4732-BCC4-C8DF887A02D3.png (664x520, 177K)

It's a political circlejerk.

We could even do that same thing to anything in America if we convince enough retards to vote.

>nerve gas on major population centers

>habla espanol?
rope
>man that looks a woman
rope
>woman that looks like a man
rope
there, California's problems solved

Attached: blocksyourpath.jpg (480x270, 23K)

FUCK CALIFORNIANS

The NRA better challenge this

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

The only thing to save California would be to balkenize

That's ok. I have the same attitude towards California and Washington.

>We did it Patrick, we saved California!

Attached: web1_a16j4692_7089564.jpg (640x450, 297K)

I think the only thing we have going for us, as user stated here , is that the odds of them getting the required votes to get this on the ballot is pretty slim.

My fear is these fucking commies are going to bring in faggots from other states to boost their votes. But, without looking into it, I've no idea if that's possible. Probably is, given that the dead find ways to vote in federal elections.

A barren wasteland of desert and destroyed cities WOULD be an improvement though. We can rebuild a better, place.
California would be my ideal place to live, sound like a great physical location, but the people and cities inhabiting it are the real problem.

Geography is great, if you can get over the whole water issue in the Central Valley and SoCal. I just moved here from the South. Everywhere has its pros and cons. Tons of niggers and lefties in southern cities. Tons of illegals and lefties (tons more) in California cities.

>willingly moving to California

Attached: visible confusion.gif (280x302, 3.63M)

>these fucking commies are going to bring in faggots from other states to boost their votes
Portland is a sanctuary city, isn't it? Well, in that case... they already are. Representation is now determined by census data, not the number of registered voters, courtesy of a SC decisions a few years ago whose name I can't recall; and thanks to Reynolds vs Sims you have no checks and balances in the state legislature any more. So all they have to do is import every sleazy shithead on the planet to come and crap out there, and it cements their hold on power.

Democrats delenda est.

Where do you live?

Temperature varies way too much to ever get comfy. Went from a high of 56 to 80 literally overnight here.
t. trapped behind enemy lines

Do you need it to be 62 at all times or something? I spent 4 hours out in the sun in the Angeles national forest today and felt fine.

It's not about where they live, it's about where they want to live. I bet the people on this board who would willingly move to Cali can be counted on your hands.
Cali has had a net migration loss for like 20 consecutive years for a reason.

Not him but yes, preferably 55 and below 40% humidity.

Its such a huge problem that U-hauls and movers are doubling their prices milking the situation.

I bet even the rednecks in Oregon will be signing up for this.

>I bet the people on this board who would willingly move to Cali
Why are there not a lot of females (males) here or something?

Get ready for it.

Attached: 1468692887736.jpg (640x640, 76K)

>Get ready for it
Stop moving these threads to Sup Forums you absolute faggots.

I need it to not go up 24 degrees in 24 hours. 0% comfy.

Meanwhile in Kansas..
dailywire.com/news/28795/kansas-legislation-proposes-making-schools-liable-hank-berrien
Brings a tear to my eye, I love my state. The last major gun control push resulted in us gaining Constitutional Carry, legalized switch blades and, at a state level, legalized the manufacture of suppressors for personal use as long as its stamped 'Made in Kansas'.

56 degrees overnight and 80 during the day isn't really that crazy though. That's pretty much the exact same weather in the Southeast, down to the exact degree. Just no humidity in California.

Hello HAC

Attached: D04E1D1F-704A-459C-8A89-E2BB8071359B.png (597x600, 135K)

Kanses and Idaho let you make a suppressor with said markings and it stays in the state. Pretty epic.

>Xavier Juhala

Attached: Flamenwerfer.gif (248x140, 2.67M)

>a shroud that encloses or partly encloses the barrel and allows the bearer to hold the weapon without being burned
So like the wood stock on my 700?

No, you don't understand. The high yesterday was 56. The high today was 80. Not overnight lows, the change over the course of one night passing.

Is there any cases of people taking advantage of that? Even if it was legal in my state I would be worried about my dog getting ATF'd.

Not enough to thin out the shitlibs unfortunately.

>No, you don't understand. The high yesterday was 56.
Where? The high yesterday here was 77. It hasn't been a high in the 50s in like 4 weeks. I'm outside literally every day.

I live here in WA and I enjoy it but it far from the best state.

Placer. It's a long state, my man.

Right. All I was saying was temperature can jump up 20+ degrees overnight pretty much anywhere. I lived in the South for three decades and it's pretty common to go from mid 50s to 80.

>semi-automatic pistol that has the capacity to carry more than 10 rounds of ammunition

what?

capacity is dependent upon magazine size. so is every handgun that uses a magazine illegal or is a handgun legal until you put a >10rd mag into it?

i dont understand this

Handguns that come standard with over 10 round magazines are replaced with 10 round magazines. There are already states with this law. So yeah, it's really just the magazine that would make the pistol illegal.

Here's my 30-second attempt at making a scary scary gun that still complies with the law.
It would actually be shit, but would look scary as fuck.

Attached: Untitled.png (1004x452, 13K)

Both of which have been used in more mass murders than any "AR"

That sanctuary has spread all over OR there are tent camps 60 miles away from Portland now

Yeah, it's pretty apparent they wrote this for one purpose and one purpose only.

No 'common sense', no compromise. Nearly a total ban, and turning tons of legal gun owners into felons within 120 days.

Read the ballot, if it accepts a magazine over 10 it's out. If you want to ban the magazine you ban the magazine, if you want to ban the gun you say that if it accepts a magazine 10 or larger it's an assault weapon. If you read it literally, and the courts will, it bans the gun. If you read it as a low information voter, and many will, it bans the magazine. This is the point, conflate, distract, lie and cheat your way into all out bans on semi auto pistols.

Jesus. I just got back from pdx, as my employer is head quartered there, and man.. It gets worse every time I go back. Especially when the weather warms up, you can't walk 10 feet without stepping over a bum asleep on the sidewalk

No, you misunderstand, the compromise is that if you already own the firearm they won't have guys with guns take it from you by force assuming you register the gun and all the magazines within 120 days. Otherwise you're up for a 10 year felony for the glock 19 magazine you lost in the back of your closet.

Feels bad man. I just want to be left the fuck alone with my guns and my freedom.

This is why I moved to Wyoming though, couldn't handle the people in the pnw anymore.

I have a family here, I'm not trying to root my kids out of their schools yet so if this passes I'll be putting up new dry wall and waiting until the supreme court nuts up (lol) or the time is right to move.

Fair enough man, I totally get it. It's just so ridiculous how they want to turn basically every gun owner in Oregon into a felon, while simultaneously rioting against police in Portland every chance they get. The cognitive disconnect is incomprehensible.

My only hope is that we patriots find our backbone eventually, and water the tree of liberty. I fear it grows weak.

>Northwest Republic
Coolest name for a nation, ever.

Live in Vancouver now but planning on beaverton soon

Im a californian refugee, but just like subsaharan africa there is no escape.

May the cube have mercy

Is this what is going on with the homeless invasion of west coast cities? It's absolutely unprecedented how many homeless there are now.

That's more to do with the retarded hippies there.
>don't want their perfect neighborhoods ruined
>legislate away the ability to make any new housing at all, let alone the kind of high-density affordable housing they need
>housing costs skyrocket, bringing up land value for homeowners but fucking renters
>suddenly people near the bottom can't afford to live near where they work
>ring of unafforability gets ever larger
>apocalyptic traffic+long commute causes poor to lose their jobs
>jobless become homeless
>homeless congregate in cities because that's where it's easiest to find shelter/food/money
>west coast cities have great climates, so they're a particularly attractive target

Similar thing is happening in Boulder, CO right now. Being ruined by CA transplants, it's got the same pattern of shit policies
>literally illegal to build above a certain height because god forbid we ruin the view of the mountains
and heavy-handed policies to try to cover up the homelessness problem they created
>literally illegal to have a blanket outside

Why Beaverton? I went to Winco in Beaverton because I wanted to get some shopping done and go home after doing something in the area; felt like the whole store was going to break out into a call to prayer at any moment.

I'm sure tons of people have made suppressors since then, well before too, but I don't k ow of any case where the feds have come in and gone after someone. The law legalizing it for Kansas had specific wording that federal agents were not permitted to enter the state and enforce federal laws against those individuals, but who knows how that battle would actually play out.

>Cali has had a net migration loss for like 20 consecutive years for a reason.
Indeed.

sacbee.com/news/state/california/article136478098.html
>California exports its poor to Texas, other states, while wealthier people move in

Closer to work
Closer to friends
Still somewhat affordable

Fuck driving through that sesspool of portland everyday

>muh California

Attached: Capture.png (1599x695, 212K)

the point of any AWB is to include as many features that ban as many guns as possible. once it's passed they can add more bullshit features to it later to ban even more guns.

I mean, there's nicer places to live than Beaverton that are still in the general area - but hopefully, you're planning on living close to your work so you don't have to deal with the traffic beast.

Why is Kate Brown still alive?

I'm moving to Nevada after school. The desert just seems so fucking fun. I'm from the midwest no Cali though.

>local religious leaders
(((Christcucks))) or Rabbi?

Attached: 1503781014413.png (1802x1078, 1.6M)

I don't want to hear it. 56 is wonderful. 80 is wonderful. Over in Indiana last weekend it was 60 and sunny, no precipitation. The next day we had over 10 inches of snow. There were a bunch of gnarly fatal crashes everywhere too because nobody actually believed it would snow.

She will die from aids. Those bisexual orgies.

It's still early in the process and a lot of things that can be done between now and when it goes on the ballot. It's a little confusing on where it currently stands unless you follow these things regularly.

From what I heard it's getting challenged somehow. And when it gets challenged they can't collect signatures or something? And that might mean it can't go on the 2018 ballot if it gets tied up and would have to wait for the next year.

To be honest, I kinda want them to rush it to the polls because as it stands it's pants on head crazy and wouldn't pass. I'd rather them do that than to hold off a year or two and come back with something that looks like Californians rifle laws.

I fucking swear to god I'm not even going to bother jumping through hoops to make an anti-gun kosher ar15 like the atrocities you see from California. I'd either not comply or sell them and get something else like a lever gun or something.

Pretty much. Also most semi-auto pistols. It's crazy broad, the only way they can get the signatures is if the collectors straight up lie.

You're suppose to add the "Born outside the U.S." to "Born in California".

That makes it 24%

I still don't know why blue states are so scared of guns.

Is a gun the total opposite of a Nintendo Switch?

If this shit passes I'm moving to WA.

"local religious leaders"

It's a fucking Rabbi

Attached: jews_ford.jpg (488x399, 66K)

Does this mean the revolverfags have finally won?
A shame, but would be hilarious to see.

So basically you won't be able to put a handguard on any weapon?
Also under this ban semi auto m1919s would still be legal if you made a skeletonized barrel jacket that retains the booster.

California transplants fucking up yet another state.

I was born and raised there and was proud to live there until the cali cucks and portland fags started moving in and repopulating like ants. I had to leave for the terrible job market and now reside in AZ so when they cali fuck all your guns up there you're more then welcome to come here and help us defend what last rights we have here and in other free states. A lot of people here are from the PNW so you'll fit right in.

hi /k/