This is not what I expected

This is not what I expected.

Also why is redemption such a big theme in Western media while brutal drama and nihilism is so popular in nipland?

Other urls found in this thread:

issuu.com/amethystvon/docs/black_lagoon_93_final
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Since when has that been the case?

Most Western movies, the abused or damaged characters always find peace.

Japanese media seems to focus more on living as you are and your past making you what you are.

Lot less "happy ends"

I wouldn't say there are less happy ends. I think it's just that anime tends to have less happy ends. There are many, many Japanese live action material stories about redemption. I'm almost sure that there are quite a few hard-hitting famous films in the West surrounding nihilism too though.

True, maybe it's just edgyness for younger audiences.

Also how come she only has like two changes of clothes, aren't they supposed to be rollin.

Probably would've had more clothes if we had more seasons.

No Country for Old Men was pretty nihilistic

no longer human

I assume a lot of readers of seinen in Japan think it's really cool when things end terribly for characters. Sort of like how some of the more mature comics in the US feature a lot of negative themes.

Sniff. How come we can't have all the good show.
True that.

I guess I just don't have sadistic tendencies. I figure life has enough drama and like to see people happy.

Crossover when?

Also the maid stuff is my fetish.

BL's not that dark

because there is a conspiracy of left-wingers invading muh media. their agenda is to promote lack of responsibility and destroy the world w/ tolerance!!!11!1
join Sup Forums

You can't tell me it wouldn't be great though

yea, I guess it could be fun

Dear anime Jesus, please cure this anons autism. Amen.

What, “Fronk murders everyone in Roanapur”?

after the mangastream translator died or whatever 3 months ago someone finally translated chapter 93 by the way. Now we're only one chapter behind

No, but it just made me think.

I was expecting a kablooey pewpewpew action anime and what I got was everyone is full of personal demons and some loli vampires.

Neato

i'm retarded, forgot the link
issuu.com/amethystvon/docs/black_lagoon_93_final

Just because he's illiterate doesn't mean he's also retarded.

Realistically what are the odds of him making it out of there though? He's basically a one man Hotel Moscow, but he wouldn't have anywhere to hide because every man woman and child is corrupt. Which of the named characters WOULDN'T get Franked?

Never said he was retarded, said he was autistic.

I think you may be the illiterate one user.

Please show me on the doll where the big meanie board touched you

what's going on in that gif?

Westerners have always been overly optimistic, that's why they conquered the world which clearly was a mistake because why the fuck would you conquer a turd.

rock is waking revy, what does it look like?

Get out false-flag fag, you're just as annoying, go do that on Sup Forums or somewhere else.

He is opening a window and Rebecca is trying to bait him into grabbing ass so she can tell at him and try to shoot him again.

So the ChiComs wouldn't have to.

>implying she's not waiting for rock to stop acting autistic and manning up

Yell*

Maybe it's just my audism, but she doesn't seem like she has space for a man in her life.

is the situation redeemable at all at this stage?

you can't fill your live with drinking and work alone and she's definetly looking for it

Frank can hold his own against a platoon of trained U.S soldiers with logistics and prep work, these are just pirates with guns.

None walk alive.

I'd assume the idea of redemption is common in the west thanks to Christianity. Redemption of sins, Jesus helping out most of the poor bastards he met, etc. is a big part of the faith. Its what the western cannon is accustomed to.

I think you nailed it, taoism is more about balance and understanding.

Depends, some argue the two align in many ways, or at least should align.

Nah, there's too much money to be made at the expense of our sovereignty and nobody gives a shit.

black lagoon deserves more attention but what can you expect after such a long hiatus

It's sad, it's stand alone complex tier.

anime has less ends period. everythings unfinished or axed cause they tried to drag it out forever. an anime with an actual satisfying conclusion is rare.

Thanks user.
CUTE

Because changing the model of your character frequently vastly increases the cost of animation.

Because they adapted near all of the manga and there currently isn't much more.

There's plenty of kablooey pewpewpew action though.

Lil' Revy is cute as fuck.

I bet Revy really wants to be stuck between Rock and his hard place.

OP needs to watch "True Detective" or get into cosmic horror

Osamu Dazai would be rolling in his grave

I wouldn't generalize west.
French Cinema fucking loves sudden or tragic endings.
American cinema loves hero narrative so it generally closes on a positive.

That movie left me was such painful blue balls