I got around to watching this and I really want to talk about it

I got around to watching this and I really want to talk about it

Gankutsuou thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-0C_jwmO1U
drive.google.com/file/d/0B86RayW2M5tnLTQ1d0tFR2ZKZGs/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What did you want to talk about?
Some things are handled better in the anime than they are the novel, or at least I remember thinking that was the case however many years ago I watched this.

Off the top of my head, the mystery element to the narrative structure, the servants of the Count, Andrea Cavalcanti's characterization, the Rome stuff, and Franz (minus the fujo bits)

The ending is an interesting case because the theme of it is largely changed.

The court scene with Cavalcanti and Villefort was far superior in the novel.

Behold: Paris!

One of the best things Gonzo ever did. Koichi Chigara should go back to animeizing European classics. Might be interesting.

I adore the sheer sense of style in this show

It's so fucking beautiful

Is there any show that's similar to this, then?

The count is cute! Cute!

There was really nothing wrong with Franz's characterization as a gay man. It wasn't tasteless like most fujoshit.

>Never got scandalous lesbian relationship between Euginie and her lover as she runs from Paris

>Franz is gay
>Dies
>The Count is most likely gay, with the ending and implied Mancrush on him from Albert
>He also ultimately dies

It's very classical gay pulp novel, and it pleases me. Not cause they die, but it just reminds me of older pulp novels

Haydee is my wife!

I can’t remember what the anime did to replace it but the chapter with Andrea encountering them in the hotel room was 10/10

It has been several years since I watched Gankutsuou but I recently read through the Count of Monte Cristo and apparently all the stuff I remember from the show didn't even happen in the novel.

Have some unreleased songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=R-0C_jwmO1U
drive.google.com/file/d/0B86RayW2M5tnLTQ1d0tFR2ZKZGs/view

This was such a compelling show all the way through, despite falling flat near the end and the jarring mecha.
Can anyone tell me why Luigi Vampa and the Count had that little tussle at the bandit HQ since it was revealed the Count hired him in the first place?
don't touch my wife.

Nasu admitted he can't make a Dantes as good as the one from Gankutsuou and sorta gave up.
I thought that was kinda funny.

I loved the book and I liked it.

Really pretty.

Nice thread mate!

EXCELLENT SHOW

>Some things are handled better in the anime than they are the novel
No.

The blonde guy was a amazing and the mc an absolute faggot

Beautiful

Peppo was undeniably best boy

How did Gonzo go from this to 18if?

What exactly are you implying here user

Patrician taste

Peppo was a bro

Is it wrong that I feel a bit like Albert in regards to the Count?

is it gay if it's with the count?

Who actually read the book because of this show?

if only they remove that shounen-like mc, that would be perfect
the plot turns into shounen where everything becomes possible cause of muh friendship, muh stubbornness
shounenshitness in this show sure pissed me off, fuck that

Gonzo literally went bankrupt and had most of its management replaced by the new owners.

why did they go for generic drama ending. Count deserves to be happy

Thanks

Talk about it then.

Better than this shit

The anime thought that it would be better to make Franz's gay so that he can sacrifice himself to save Albert from being killed in a duel by the Count. The one flaw I have with Gankutsuou is MC being full blown retarded that it got several people killed indirectly.

No, but I feel that the Count doesn't really need Albert. The kid can't compete with Haydee because she's way too good.

It is gem. Much better than all this moe kawaii girls shit Sup Forums full about.

The original book was miles better in every single aspect. But the anime was good by anime standards.

Why can't anime be kino like Gankutsuou?

Too much of a risk I guess.

I hated how Albert's love symbolically and literally melted the coldness surrounding the count's heart and undid the curse

It begs the question, why was it Albert and his Haidee? Albert was nothing more than a pawn to the count. If anything Albert felt stronger about the girl who he was engaged to.
That part of the ending is so jarring.

>No Albert
>I AM your father

What were they thinking, I loved the first half though

The ending was pretty retarded. Then again, nips in general suck at endings. Thankfully the original book ended in a much more satisfying way.

How did it end?

amazing.
didn't like the ending, the novel ending was way better; but it doesn't affect the overall appreciation of the show.

The Nasu from Fate ?

This was a good watch. Unfortunately Sup Forums doesn't talk about it much.

Albert broke the counts curse with his homolust, the curse was the only thing keeping the count alive, symbolizing that revenge was his reason for living.

Albert hugged him or some shit and then the spike that was impaling his heart just barely, managed to go through.

Yeah, love conquers hate and whatever, but my problem is that it was from a tool like Albert