Fate

Why are teenage boys always beating legendary heroic demigods in this series?

Other urls found in this thread:

leopard-raws.org/?stream
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Fate is Bad Writing: The Anime

>Muh self insert mc wins because I say so XD
I hate how Fate disrespects legendary figures

>teenage
he's probably the youngest in fate
reminder iris is like 9 years old or something
i don't even know his age, i'd guess he's not a year yet

Fate """"writing"""""

>T. Buttmad Pajeet
No cares about your shitty deity

Shut the fuck up street shitter

>self insert
Except absolutely nobody could self insert as seig or shirou even if they wanted to.

Asspull the series

Because the only good Fate series is F/Z

>Apocrypha
Shit even by Fate fag standards

I would let Shirou "self insert" into my butthole.

This.
Watch Zero and avoid everything else Fate related.

Neck yourselves back to Gaia.

I pretended I was Shirou when watched UBW. I can see some depressed suicidal dude wanting to be Siege, I mean the dude got two girls (boy) wanting his dick and he is kind of depressed with no goals at the start, but grows stronger.

I'm already on there and reddit faggot

japan only likes 2 things, cute girls and teenage boys
if you don't have 1 or both these things your series will not get sales

>Except absolutely nobody could self insert as seig or shirou even if they wanted to.
No edgy teenager would ever want to:
>Be thrown in a war he has no idea what it's even about
>Suddenly become the best at fighting/magic, without any training or previous experience
>Literally kill gods
>Have waifus wanting his dick just because "He's such a nice guy!"
I'm confident the "Shirou isn't a self-insert!" is just a joke. It's something someone in denial would say.

Except Apo has both of these and is selling terribly, it should have had some kind of gacha ticket or something and it would have broken records.

The only good Fate light novel spinoff is F/Z.

>Apo is selling terribly
>LN
>Anime
>FGO collab
>Merchs
Try again baby. If no one liked it, no anime would be made.

At the time he was also a hero who only won because he had another hero's broken NP to save him.
It's still dumb because Sieg gets all these powers through little of his own effort.

They turned king arthur to a little girl. What did you expect?

Don't underestimate us self-inserters, user. We can do it as long as the protagonist is a generally nice guy, fuck the details.

>t.empathylet

Imho, you need to watch F/SN2006 to give it ideal context. It's a necessary sacrifice to enjoy F/Z to its fullest.

>Spend hours watching a high-school male protag blush in front of women instead of actually having a normal conversation

>t. speedwatcher

>nobody could self insert as [enter some name here]
You're being facetious here.
The point of self-insertion is to be someone WITHOUT having to suffer for it.
You can sympathize with your self-insert, but never fully suffer from all the necessary work, effort and pain one goes through to succeed in the story.
And let's look at the rewards:
1. Fucking hot women.
2. Kicking baddy ass.
3. Saving the day.

Watching the VN on YouTube is better

But Sieg's isn't even one month old. He's a homunculus.

Ask Nasu.

This is the same series where a teenage boy can kill three immortal vampires.

>2012 Sup Forums
>Everyone played the TM VNs and understood all the references in Type Moon gag manga and anime like Take Moon, AATM, and Carnival Phantasm

>2018 Sup Forums
>Nobody played the TM VNs and Fate 'fans' only want DUDE SERVANTS LMAO

>Muh Tsukihime and old type moon shit that no one cares about
Servants were the most interesting concept in Fate.
That's why Grand Order is such a success.

and stay out

Said teenage boy was actually trained properly in the art of assassination. To demon hybrids to boot. Tohno isn't normal by any means.

>teenage
Sieg is only a few days old though

>Muh Tsukihime and old type moon shit that no one cares about

Fate/stay night and hollow ataraxia were trash.

Fate/Apocrypha and Grand Order saved the franchise.

but the novel itself is shit though.

anyway S/F is the best and with ufo budget it'll be the greatest fate series period

>Fate/Apocrypha and Grand Order saved the franchise.
Kys

>but the novel itself is shit though.

Gilgamesh and Lancelot's flashback

You just reminded me this.

Please tell me they fuck.

Same reason why we'll never see a sane Heracles.

>Implying
Made Gil his bitch too

>Tohno isn't normal by any means.
Neither is Sieg.

He's hardly even human.

VASAVI

Because Fate is garbage.

Aren't god and demi-god servant supposed to be pretty shit?

>Nazi replicates mass production of true german lineage, the Einzbern.
> Resulted to a one miracle which coincidentally become a pseudo-servant from another germanic hero, Siegfried.
>BTFO Jew,Brits, indian, and nippon

Higashide is a hax for subtly writing an aryan master race story

Most worthless guy ruins everything for everyone

This.
He's not even human to begin with, only Jeanne and Astolfo treat him as a human in the series.

>servants die from stabbings and from arrow wounds
haha what a bunch of losers

>Said the guy who died from mud explosion

>No matter how strong she is or how armored she is, I think it's wrong for a girl to have to fight.
>(Fate, Day 3, Promised Sign)

What did he mean by this?

displaced white knighting and stupidity
it always baffle me that some saber fag actually like the fate route while she is a glorified lady in distress most of the time

>Gil can protect loli
>Herc cant
really activates the almonds

FZ and HF

Delet this

Are we getting an episode today ??

>plot bends itself over backwards in 2 out of 3 routes to deny Herc his victory
even more embarrassing when you consider that he's in his worst class

To be fair, it didn't matter because he had Ilya as his master. After 3 or 4 servant deaths she would become a vegetable like Irisviel in Zero... which again demonstrates Fate's script was made in one drunken night. "Muh ultimate homunculus so the Einzbern can win the grail" but she is unable to actually win. Who the fuck thought that was something we could overlook? And Heracles was indeed invincible in that HGW, only outside interference like Gilgamesh and the shadow could beat him (I still don't count Caliburn, in normal situations that wouldn't do shit against him, I mean we later saw not even Excalibur was enough)

I don't mind him losing as long as it makes sense. And it literally only made sense in UBW.
Nasu fucked himself with the concept of God Hand, should've just said ''oh he usually has 12NP's in every class but it's all sealed as a berserker so all he has is his overwhelming strength'' and it would've made more sense.

The other thing that's retarded at this point is the fact that it's been 13+ years and he never got a properly sane version, hell Nasu never even expanded on him even though he has more potential than Gilgamesh and Artoria

Archer Heracles (or any other class) have been discussed for the past decade since he is one of the most famous heroes, it's really a flop that it wasn't expanded. It's really lackluster that at this point he is only a Basaka meme.

herc wont get his spotlight outside of maybe SF for two reasons

1. he isnt "MC servant" material
2. he isnt "villain" material
which leaves him as a jobber, a role he does excelently

1. he isnt very suited to being the servant for the MC because by Nasu's own addmission he would make everything about HIM- hes powerful, heroic and competent, it would become fate/hercules rather than whatever plot is in mind

2. he isnt the bad guy (sans alcides), and abilities arent flashy enough to be the BBEG like Gilgamesh can, he wouldnt make a very compelling antagonist (sans alcides) since he doesent have the character or mannerisms of one

>abilities arent flashy enough
>can fire lazer dragons at you, summon cerberus, has the sword that Arthur discarded Excalibur for, etc.

Just do what they did with Gil in CCC to make him a MC servant

>can fire lazer dragons at you
he doesent use true nine lives does he?

It doesn't have to be true nine lives, it's the ''default'' version he prefers to use in combat.
We don't actually know what, and if any, additional things TNL might do

its a giant laser ballista if Prillya can be trusted

Honestly Prillya in combination with SF might at least tell us a little bit of FSN Herc's importance to humanity.
The first thing Prillya did was tell us how important the opening of Pandora's box is to humanity, and then coincidentally (or not) it turns out that Heracles faced Pandora in SF and that he has a NP tied to it.

I know people go >Prillya but it's too weird to be a coincidence imo.
Also shouldn't the giant ballista be the usual prototype that Gil has in GoB?

What sword is that?

Marmyadose
It's rotting away in Arturia's armory according to a magazine

Friendly reminder that everything in FGO is canon, it's the current main TM work and that isn't ending in the next year or two at least.

Are you a secondary? Illya had a better body than her mother. She could potentially resist until the end of the war.

Also a full powered Excalibur would Full blown destroy Herk, which is why Caliburn could do it since it can release an Excalibur like power from it if it self destructs.

>Has her best showing against Gilgamesh
>Gets over her issues
>Gets her highest servant kill count from there
>Lands a house husbando who is just as autistic as she is
She had a pretty good haul.

Thanks. I'll search about it. I'm really interested in this kind of myth, since it mixes two myths of heroes. Kind of how SF's Saber is also an user of Excalibur

Question: is it ever explained what exactly is needed for an attack to kill Herc more than once? Like being anti-army or somethung like that?

Anti-fortress is the logical conclusion since that's what Excalibur is

>Hercules gets 12 equipments as an Archer
Sweet! I wonder how much it can be sold for!

The last part was meant for

Richard's just a chuuni fuck who calls all of his swords Excalibur, he doesn't actually have it.

Yeah, I know anti-fortress is the least, though there are exceptions like people saying David can one-shot him with a touch. I wasthinking something like anti-army would be a minimum since the scale of the attack kills multiple people at once.

Like, if an attack kills 10 people when used (and is A) then it'd probably be able to kill Herc 10 times at once

God Hand works as an stock of lives so if you have two or three attack that are powerful enough to destroy multiple lives before Herk can create resistance to that attack you're in a good position against him.

Yeah, but I really liked how they used real life's Richard's claim of giving Excalibur to make the servant version possess a sword called excalibur.

David has the Ark, which is pretty much powered by God and conceptually can't be touched by anyone other than David.
God is also pretty much the strongest entity in Fate so Herc doesn't have a chance if he's baited into touching it

Also anti-army and similar classifications don't refer to power, but rather the range. The only one that straight up refers to power is anti-fortress

>Friendly reminder that everything in FGO is canon, it's the current main TM work and that isn't ending in the next year or two at least.

Fate/Extra, while a big load of filler in some ways, and bogged down by not so great gameplay does its own good job of showing a tiny corner of the world (not even really relevant to daily life in that setting at all) and yet establishing a setting of the near-future in a world with the Moon Cell, and showing the possibilities that could be explored in it. Then you have CCC who takes the base of the characters introduced in Extra and makes phenomenal use of them. In a way Extra is the Fate route to the Heavens Feel of CCC in how Extra sets it all up for the use of CCC, but the gap in quality is way larger in this case. Namely because Extra isn't as good as the Fate route and CCC is honestly better than F/SN, being absolutely fantastic.

Fate/Grand Order is memed as being waifu bait gatcha trash, and as a game it isn't great (although you have to also admit that it is way way better than it was before. I can approve of DW making improvements, and trying to make the gameplay more fun.) But in terms of writing and how it fits into what Nasu wants to make as a point it's pretty good. Camelot, Bablyon and Temple of Solomon are absolutely fantastic, and while it is anvilicious with some of the core basic themes of Nasu, it's okay for it to be super heavy with the whole idea that death is scary, and life is painful but life is still worth it anyway.-

The beasts are basically a logical conclusion of the sort of villains that Nasu likes to make. Evils of Humanity that smother Humanity with their love. They do not act and provide a threat to our future and progression out of hatred and malice. No, you hold Tiamat who fears humanity, but is an existence who creates and loves her children. To regress is to show that we are not able to carry forward.

You have Goetia who looks upon us with pity, and horror at our short lives and finds it a disgusting tragedy that we must be saved from. Yet it is that mortality that gives us the drive and the ability to search for meaning in our lives. Romani Archaman chose to sacrifice himself, living a life as a human and eventually coming to the conclusion as a human that he must. Even if he's afraid, even if he doesn't want to disappear. His sacrifice has meaning because he isn't eternal, because he's afraid.

Goetia works out of a misguided desire to save humanity in a way, by recreating the world into one where there is no death. Trampling upon all we have made, all our history and burning away our future, past and present all in one.

But such a grand plan that spans thousands of years cannot be fueled by something as petty as hatred.

Indeed, the sin of the Beast is the love of the Beast.

FGO is bad because it does everything at once, it does the stupid joke stuff (which is fine on its own) alongside the serious stuff (which is also fine on its own)

which makes it a mess, also the earlier chapters a shit but everyone knows that

Because chuunishit

>and trying to make the gameplay more fun
Gameplay is way too basic and braindead for them to make anything out of. Yeah, you can try and create gimmick fights and some can be fun but as long as it remains a simple rock-paper-scissors thing with only 3 usable skills and no extra choices in your party composition, besides CEs which is a joke, it'll remain bad.

The source just has to be A rank.So someone needs either A rank strength,A rank Magic or an A ranked NP to damage him.

He asked more than once, A ranks can damage him but it varies a fuckton on how much damage he can take. Gil uses hundreds of A rank NP's to whittle him down for instance

Straight outta Compton.

useless!

So, does the ep get translated by night?

30min for Apo 23, supposedly it was also going to be a sakuga episode.

Oh god, i'd rather not have more of that eye cancer

link for stream plz?

leopard-raws.org/?stream

T. Self inserting Pajeet

>dat few minutes of Gilles is far more entertaining than all the rest of the series combined

Fate Zero confirmed best Fate yet again

Was hoping for a bit more. I liked that facial transformation though.