Is naruto worth reading?

Is naruto worth reading?
I watched up to the Zabuza arc when the anime was airing and then stopped. I know that it ended so I've been considering revisiting it by reading the manga.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/SvC4a5tQ9dJLZQiuqoN-qg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes it's actually quite entertaining and is mostly consistently good throughout.

If you have absolutely nothing better to read, sure. Just know everything past chapter 500 will be one of the longest fucking slags you have to read through.
Tobi is Naruto’s brother

It's great, but the war arc is pretty bad. The drawing gets sloppy too, allegedly the only reason it's even there is to extend the storyline so the studio could make more money.

The best thing about Naruto was the fan autism. I remember hanging around on the Naruto fan site and reading through threads pouring over every tiny little detail of every panel. How it all related to ancient Japanese folklore, all the foreshadowing and intricate subplots.

Then of course the massive autism over the battles, who could beat who. Even staging hypothetical battles and arguing endlessly over who would win in which scenario, power rankings and tier lists....etc.

thanks.
Does the pacing come to a halt?

Considering the last 200 chapters is literally just one big fucking battle, kinda? The big final war arc is just fucking dragged on and on. I only read while it was ongoing, so binging it might help, but yeah you can expect to have to force yourself to read it past that point hoping you get to the ending soon.

If you like shonen manga then yeah, Sup Forums tends to demonize Naruto because it's popular but it's pretty much one of the best mainstream series around. Pacing in the manga is really good, the last arc drags but if you read by volume it becomes quite the nice read. It has bad things of course but I think most of it goes from good to great to ok.

If I have to say something i'd say the first 450 chapters are good/great, then it becomes irregular having truly bad moments and some other great ones. The last arc for example drags but it's unfair to say it's bad because there are several cool fights or dialogues or moments

Play the Ultimate Ninja Storm games instead. The experience is massively streamlined and a lot more enjoyable imho.

pretty big spoiler if you actually consider reading it
I liked it, it had alot of weakness's however there is one unforgivable act one of the villains just walks up to the good guys says 'hey guys, im a changed man. lets fight together to kill the big bad! Oh yeah I plan on becoming the ninja president." And for no fucking reason everyone is ok with him coming back.

The storm games are really shit though, not to mention they outright make shit up while cutting 50% of the manga

Manga is fine until timeskip. Just pretend that Sasugay is gone and never comes back.

He never says that and literally nobody is ok with him coming back. In fact he says the opposite of that and that he doesn't care if they forgive him or not because there's nothing they can do about it, not to mention he outright says he wants to kill Naruto

You need to read the series before making things up, something retarded Sup Forumsnons never do and get exposed as stupid people that can't understand stories for teenagers.

>the dog ninjas like pft you? hokage, not if I get it first!
>naruto smurks says welcome back
>sakura recreates the niagra falls

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/SvC4a5tQ9dJLZQiuqoN-qg/

Nothing more cancerous than samefagging Narutards copying and pasting old threads and old posts they made just to spam Sup Forums.

We have 5 pages of Sai saying that he realizes not even Sakura trusts Sasuke and she's just smiling because she doesn't want to discourage everyone else. And he never actually did anything bad so it's fucking stupid to think any of them would hate him, he even killed a few villains and saved the entire alliance by bringing back the hokage.

Why the actual fuck would you want to read 700 chapters of anything?

Its one of the first images that comes up when you google "naruto manga"
Nothing nefarious senpai.

>The best thing about Naruto was the fan autism.
Oh so sooo much.
Im still waiting for anther series to take its place. It seems like BNHA will be the next "its amashing"-series for a large part of the western fandom.
There are already places people post essays on where every detail has some super-deep overcomplex foreshadowing and planning involved.

^ Just to clarify for OP's sake, what was cut out was the Land of Waves Arc (Part 1), the majority of the Sasuke Retrieval Arc (Part 1) and the events from The Last: Naruto The Movie.

Reading or not reading it won't have any impact. This is coming from someone whose first anime/manga was Naruto. I feel like I didn't waste time ONLY because I read it ongoing.

Eh, it's not bad and some parts are genuinely good before the war. I'd say it's worth it if you stop when the Pain arc ends, even if you'll miss the nostalgia factor.

Zabuba actually a girl?

Yes, Part 1 is great. Part 2 reaches its peak at the Sasuke vs Itachi and Pain Arc and then goes downhill. but atleast you can read the War Arc in one go now while looking at Madara memes to laugh it off.

No, Haku* is not a girl, he's a trap.

...Nah.

If you're a kid, sure. I'm not trying to be insulting. If you're in your teens you may really enjoy it. Otherwise, nah

Just avoid the cringe filler

It was just barely good enough that it was worth sticking with if you'd been with it since day one.
It's not good enough that it's worth recommending as a finished series. There are so many better things you could do with that time.

pretty much this. wanting to get into a long series like that is like wanting to take up smoking. like sure if you got started early, I can see why you'd stick with it, but why the fuck would you start in this day and age?

>No, Haku* is not a girl, he's a trap.
Yea I know, and Zabuza is the girl.

I watched/read in my late teens but Sasuke became so fucking unbearable, I had to drop it. Also, even as a kid I always thought that characters coming back from the dead is extremely cheap and stupid.

Who came back from the dead? idk if I've forgotten or just never made it that far.

>Who came back from the dead? idk if I've forgotten or just never made it that far.
Many (but temporarily, and during the end of shipuuden) through resurrection jutsu.

Pain attacks Konoha and kills a bunch of people then nukes the entire village. But Naruto after fighting him gives some retarded monologue that convinces Pain to kill himself and somehow bring everyone back to life. Then much later Orochimaru's techniques are used to bring back dead Akatsuki members and I think even Third Hokag,e but at that point I stopped reading.

Dont forget that orichimaru is supposed to be able to control the dead people but the first hokage said "fuck that im the first hokage" and somehow got his power back. Also plot hole, why didnt the first do that the first time orichimaru summoned him?

well same here but there's a quality drop with Sasuke and shit especially in part 2. Part 1 is quite great otherwise though

Rock Lee and Shikamaru should have been the main characters instead.

It's not like part 1 is good and 2 is bad. Before the war, both have good and shitty arcs even if I like part 1 slightly more.

Man, I think the main reason I resent Naruto as a series is how it squandered some fucking killer characters. Half the reason I kept with it so long was in false hope that they'd ever get to do anything again.
Isn't there a spin off anime with Rock Lee? Maybe I should finally check that out.

There's not much I like about part 2 and even considering its good, the bad far outweighs it. Part 2 is REALLY long, man.

nah, don't, it's gag-based and mostly shitty

A "girl" that was practically dead and couldn't move an inch of his body because he was fucking retarded and decided to commit sudoku which is the reason why Kakashi decided to let him spend his last minutes along the only person he could ever call a friend, I guess.

Watch it but skip shippuden its japanese for shit pudding. Cause its a shit show.

Yes because sasuke

The boruto thread is kill?

>A "girl"
Exactly, Zabuza an grill.
>that was practically dead and couldn't move an inch of his body
This is why Kakashi princess carry girl, so girl can recover hp.

Naruto is Harry Potter of manga in terms of cultural impact. You won't lose much by skipping it, but then you won't understand what are all those people referencing it mean.

>Watch First naruto till 136
>skip every filler
>After read manga where anime Left
>watch only fights in shippuuden till 128
>watch this episodes in shippuuden
128-143
152-169
172-175
197-212
214-222
243-256
296-302
321-326
328-346
362-375
378-384 387
391-393
414-415 418 420-421 424-426
457-458 462-463
470-479
>check filler list for exact chapter to episode adaptation to read lost chapters in filler episodes

No. Naruto destroys it's own premise instantly after Zabuza.

explain?

Swing-kun’s breeding ropes butchered by SP

LITERALLY ONE EXAM

nope, it's all garbage after the forest exam

"I AM MORE SPECIAL THEN YOU!"

It's basically a requirement to watch the anime/read the manga before playing them though, the first game cuts out almost everything

>fan autism
That still goes on. pecially with Boruto adding more shit

I doubt it will be replaced. Has any other anime been so impactful among americana teenagers as naruto?

>tfw there'll never be another 'naruto running'

When's the new Bort chapter coming out?

Read Part 1. Skip the entirety of Shippuden and read a wiki summary or something. Also, skip boruto.

>Is naruto worth reading?

No, just skip to the last 20 chapters.

14 days i think

No, the villagers are assholes. I only read/watched Naruto until the ending because I had started to read it in a monthly mango magazine. But now I would drop it when the Chunin Exams happen because these showed for the first time that the hidden leaf is an unsympathetic village.