Akagi

Childhood is idolizing Kaiji. Adulthood is when you realize Akagi is the better character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzqCXBTFxts
youtube.com/watch?v=6S7dlKvuDig
youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kaiji = protagonist
Akagi = idol

I can't choose.

Adulthood is when you realize Akagi is wide.

I'm super jelly of this kind of money management. My family's buddy geologist is kind of like that, two months on a ship somewhere hell knows south-and-left from Thailand and he can do fuck all for half a year. Not Akagi-tier but dammit, that is nice.

I really want to achieve this kind of independence. Not throwing things away, just not being limited by them. Sounds already pretty hard.

Kurosawa > old akagi > Ten > Ginji > young akagi > kaiji > zero

Kurosawa is cute!
Ginji is best though.

Which characters are similar to Akagi?
Johan
Judge Holden
Hisoka

>assholes
That's not Akagi.

he never lose, he's a mary sue

Akagi already lose a few time in ten

He lost 1 to 3 times depending on what you think counts as a loss

>Nihilists with blatant disregard of their own lives
That's Akagi

>Nihilist
>Akagi

He actually lost to Washizu. Tons of times even. And the ultimate result of their fight was technically Washizu's victory.

Also, by the time of Ten, he's a jobber. A very cool and suave jobber, but a jobber nonetheless.

How is Akagi, the guy who thinks life is so worthless that it should be wasted in the most meaningless way possible by trying to eradicate your opponent in a game, not a nihilist?

He won every single rounds against Washizu except the last one

You didn't read Ten don't you ?

Akagi may discard his life like it was nothing but the reasoning is different.

>Also, by the time of Ten, he's a jobber. A very cool and suave jobber, but a jobber nonetheless.
He only lost once to Ten after destroying him. After that he steamrolls West like it was nothing, destroys Soga's tricks one after the other, carries Hiroyuki and most of the team with outrageous cheating and tactics.

Ohgi and Yasuoka said he was technically the winner, but it's kind of a draw, not a defeat either.

what's wrong with a jobber?

I did, his pov might differ, but young Akagi definitely was one.

user, he got kicked out of the running like midway through the battle.

>life is so worthless that it should be wasted in the most meaningless way possible by trying to eradicate your opponent in a game
That's not what he wants, he wants a genuine fight, not weighting pros and cons. He doesn't see life as worthless, instead he sees self/consciousness as more important than everything else.

Young Akagi is similar to old though.

By his own terms for a bullshit gamble he did for himself

Wtf, I hate Akagi now.

He's broken af

literally the first line young akagi says in the beginning of the manga is "youre going to have to die to save yourelf" or alternatively "you can only survive by dying"
that's the exact and whole point of the ending of ten

I have read most of akagi, did not read ten. So why does akagi job all of a sudden. Are the opponents too strong or is it more of a philosophical thing. Or is it because of his old age?

He doesn't job, other user doesn't know what jobbing is.

No jobbing. He destroys players more skilled than Washizu (not as lucky though) and carries the team so hard he gave PTSD to the other guys.

Why is Akagi's suit so wide

he lost all his big gambles

W I D E

Technically he only took two gambles. But he made West win again and again, 3/4 of West's comebacks were because of him. He beat Soga twice and kept saving Hiroyuki and Ten's ass in the mangan mahjong until he retired because he didn't feel like it.
If he wasn't there West would have lost early. No powerlevels in mahjong but he's clearly number 1 above or at least equal with Ten and everyone else below that.

>idolizing Kaiji
>implying anyone looks up to this sack of shit

I haven't read Akagi but if you idolise Kaiji, something is inherently wrong with you.

I think kaiji's ability to stay alive is admirabel but he is by no means a rolemodel or someone to look up to
I like him but; he's a loser just surviving and if I know anything about fukumotos works it's that simply surviving just won't do

He's a great guy even in dire circumstances. A man of principles who fights to the end, a real human bean.

This is true. There's also this part in Ten where he says that to protect something you need to give up on it

This fucking part man

there's obviously people who haven't read ten yet here, maybe mark as spoilers still?
although, a single image without much context like that probably won't ruin the experience

Why couldn't they all go to Hawaii like in Zero?

Old Akagi is so beautiful. I actually want to cry.

You didn't need to add "old".

>you'll never be the old Akagi to an Hiroyuki

Yes I did

All Akagis inspire me. Don't discriminate

Why is Harada so great? He totally stole the spotlight from Ten, Hiroyuki and Soga even though he looked like a generic bad yakuza at the beginning.

Every Akagi is great and beautiful in their own way. But old Akagi is on a different level of beauty that I can't even describe but it makes this depressing world bright and hopeful

I agree but young Akagi's struggles give him a sense of vulnerability and change old Akagi doesn't have because he's already figured out everything. Young Akagi only figured out a lot of things.

i dont know why it took so much wind to separate akagi in different ages as different persons
he's the same guy and his whole life is admirable and i love him

Fukumoto writes the best old guys in the whole anime and manga.

moeshit

>includes the colorful teeth from those ridiculous volume covers
this cheeky kunt of a drawfag

Washizu a best

kek

Akagi's ost is fucking good

It's so fucking amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=dzqCXBTFxts

Still the best youtube.com/watch?v=6S7dlKvuDig
0:50 is where you feel smart and shit

>It's so fucking amazing
Yeah, because it was stolen
youtube.com/watch?v=OfR6_V91fG8

That game was excellent

Taniuchi fucking loved abusing perpetuum mobiles, shit is simple but effective. It is a common composing move free for everyone to use.

It took me around three months to get over Ten last volumes. Akagi is great, but he's also an unrelatable god. Kaiji is a fuck up but a real human bean.

Akagi=peasant
Washizu=emperor

go back to hell

>intelligent
>able to overcome any obstacle
>kind to a fault
>for a greedy gambler, always gives away way more money than he needs to
>/fit/ despite being a NEET
There are many things to admire

>stole the spotlight from Ten
>implying he ever had it to begin with

Not going to go out of my way to defend Akagi here but he is slightly suicidal. He is playing under such terribly fucking unfair (albeit deliberately chosen and decided on) circumstances that even lasting as long as he did was godlike.

20000 points versus 600 000 points is insane

>Akagi
>slightly suicidal
That's kinda ironic

I don’t know if its fair to call someone who treasured truly living so much suicidal. When Akagi got himself in perilous situations it was always to some extent to make the game more interesting for himself, because what he wanted was a game with a truly serious opponent and to, as many have put it before me, “get closer to the concept of death”.

Akagi’s whole gimmick from the start is that he wants go live life honestly truly and to the fullest extent. This is the very thing that drives him to tragedy in Ten.