Dragonball Vs DBZ

Which was the superior series?

Equal in quality for different reasons

the one with namek arc

>that fucking watermark
You couldn't have grabbed a better image from Google or whatever?

Super devolved into Ki spam shit. There's less originality to it.
That being said, I never really appreciated early DB. It's too goofy (in a not-so-funny way). Like, the robot fusion (you know the one, the Pilaf one) is meant to be funny yet it just sucked. Half the time I'm just unfettered by the "joke" attempts.

That being said, Tao Pai Pai, Piccolo, Tien... All very impressive character arcs.

GT

Why? I liked the pic and it’s just giving credit to who made it....
I don’t see a problem with that

Hard but I choose super in the end

>I’ll pick Super and be funny omg I hope someone replies

fucking underages and brainlets

Android arc and cell arc were the best dragon ball content we ever got.

New DB is all about tournaments with gods.
Ever notice how these new fighters keep getting stronger and stronger yet the old weak characters still manage to see their movements when fighting? Remember in DBZ when a new strong character would come and no one could see their fighting movements? Well now in DBS that doesn't matter because the old weak characters eyes magically got fixed and they can keep up with them.

In short DBS is shit and does nothing but panders the action bros who turn of their brains.

But Dragonball’s animation is better than both DBZ and DBS

Well everything is better than Super

Only read the manga, it turned to shit around the time it started ripping off Superman, and I eventually dropped it.

Early DB > DBZ > Late DB

Dragón ball

Dragon Ball Super.

>Namek arc
Actual shit. Even in kai it just drags on.

DBZ had cooler (my favorite character) lord chilled, king cold, and last but certainly not least frieza i love those characters

and you fell for it

DB KAI

Dragon Ball: Okay tier
DBZ genre and action defining masterpiece that influenced everyone who's ever concieved of an over the top fight scene.
DBGT: Poorly done mess, but it's heart was in the right place
DBS: Sub shit tier cash in that both shits on DBZ for reasons while at the same time depends on it to keep this objectively shit fuck up going.

>Dragonball’s animation is better than both DBZ and DBS
LOL
There are people who actually believe this shit!
Go on...show us that one fight between goku and krillian again.

Dragonball and not even close

They both have different feels to them. Dragonball is funner, Z is better storyline and animation.

Dragonball
>starts joke based, becomes more chinese mythology based
>fun adventure
>world exploring, looking for the dragon balls
>fights aren't power based, are technique based and use melee instead of ki for the most part
>animation is relaxed
>is about Goku trying to become the best fighter on earth

Dragonball Z
>starts action based, more sci-fi with aliens
>more about beating opponents for survival
>story driven, dragon balls are now easily obtainable
>fights are based on power levels, ki blasts used way more
>animation more serious and shoneny
>is about Goku beating threats to the world and universe

If it was rescaled so the heads were the same size and all the shitty text removed then that'd be a nice piece of art.

DBZ is shit! SHIIIIIIIIT!

>animation more serious and shoneny
What?

>go on show us that one fight with vegeta charging his final flash for twenty minutes

Interspersed with the human fighters gawking on the sidelines of course.

First post is the best once again.

dragonball z even though by this point its almost contrarian to say

Don't mind me, superior shounen passing through ;)

Naruto is complete shit unless you're homosexual like the titular character and you happen to feel identified (or damn dirty fujoshit), there's nothing in it for fans of actual and well-portrayed action.

>Vabezz
DB threads are unironically worse than naruto threads now.

Dragon Ball

The more i think about z the more messy it is
Like bulma doing nothing in the freiza arc even though she's on the planet with them

or the cell saga were oldman/fat man are the bad guys, oh wait no its 17/18, oh no wait its green man
all arc you are waiting for evil androids, and goku is having dreams about androids hes never seen and then the androids are good guys for no reason

or buu saga which cant decide if gohan is the main character now or not

I also dont like that the human characters get forgotten with tien and yamcha never really having a close to their arcs

Fuck Dragonball the second Raditz shows up. It just gets worse from there.

dragonball is absolutely the better series. even as far as the mangas go, both are good but i prefer dragonball. sandland was sweet too, always wished toriyama would make another

true, but finding out that there were other beings like Goku was pretty amazing as a kid.

Original by far

yea they really jumped the shark after frieza saga in my opinion. and dragonball super is just terrible

this

Gt>SUpEr>DBz>dB

it always baffled me how popular DBZ got. The choreography is shit. Every fight looks the same:
>Screaming for 3 episodes straight
>Laser beams everywhere
>More screaming
>Actual melee combat is not depicted at all because "haha, too fast for you!"
>*teleports behind you*
>nothin personnel, kid

Plus it had the audacity to be as fucking long as it did. Every other Dragon Ball was better but every other Dragon Ball was less popular

I think if you go back and watch or read DB you'll probably end up liking it more than DBZ.

I picture people who think differently as being kinda stupid, and they probably prefer Faulconer's music and are too closeminded to give the sub a try. They're also probably hispanic.

DBS

DB for fun, adventure and wuxia inspired stuff.
DBZ for fun retarded power levels wanking

DB > Z > GT > Super

I can't say GT is better than Super rn, but it at least had the decency to end 60 episodes in.

They are the same series.

I don't know how people can defend Super. It is literally Saturday morning cartoon tier compared to the quality of the art and animation in DBZ.

>Like bulma doing nothing in the freiza arc even though she's on the planet with them

Fights crabs

F I L L E R
I
L
L
E
R

Americans don't know that the Dragon Ball manga was one long story.

It's the same manga you retard.

Why is the Cell saga such a reaction image goldmine?

DBS = DBZ = DB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT

We're not talking about the manga. We're talking about the anime which is currently broken into four different series. If you want to be a manga purist then go make a thread about the manga.

you mean the arc where Vegeta abuses saiyan regeneration like he's in a video game?

Tenshinhan was fun when he was the big bad.

You mean the anime that is padded with recaps and filler?

Any Dragon Ball fan should have already read the manga.

imo, dragonball at its peak was the saiyan & freeza sagas. it's just incredible to see an older goku going from the 23rd budokai to fighting aliens, training in the afterlife, & ultimately go on the path to destroy a galactic overlord who subjugated his race(/species?).

dragonball was fucking great, but 'early Z' is fucking fantastic.

The Android and Cell arc had much better pacing than the Namek arc, but I still think the Namek arc was the best part. Unfortunately it kind of turns into a slog to get through because muh 5 minutes.

Super > DBZ > GT > DB

DBZ shifted gears to a more series tone to get away from DB's "gag anime" tone. There are still silly moments but DBZ probably has the least, though I can't say for GT as I haven't gotten to it yet.

Anyone here actually follow Dragonball as it came out, not starting with Z in Toonami and seeing DB much later?

I can't imagine following the whole series and watching whimsical DB morph into Z.

OG Dragonball is funnier and better written IMO
Z has a better plot, much better villains, and more interesting fighting

>oh wait no its 17/18, oh no wait its green man
The whole androids and time travel thing seemed out of place in Dragonball but was probably just there because Toriyama saw Terminator. The shift from the androids being the villains to Cell also felt like it was written by someone with the attention span of a 5 year old.

>I can't imagine following the whole series and watching whimsical DB morph into Z.

That's what happened when the great demon king piccolo was introduced to the series.

I caught some of Z during the Buu saga on Toonami, but I always liked DB better.

It's all the same, anyone who separates Dragon Ball from Z is a fucking idiot. Later Dragon Ball isn't as good as early Dragon Ball.

Americans think pre-Vegeta is the optional comedy prequel

I read the manga that way as a kid. The anime didn't air in my country so I when I found out about Z I thought it was a sequel that took place after the manga.

Dragon Ball is at it's best when it has some sort of plot and occasional twist. Right now, DBS is sort of dragging on in the tournament of power, it's visually beautiful, with some fun characters, but the narrative... is a bit flat.

>Basically you know its just fighting; so you're not expecting any surprises... which ironically sets it up for an amazing surprise... if they decide to set it up for one. Nothing like contrast to brings into sharp highlight.

>it's visually beautiful

I see it didn't take long for Mel/v/ins to ruin the thread.

>>it's visually beautiful
That's absolutely correct though.

Dragon Ball:
>better fight cheography
>fantasy world feels alive with a nice amount of lore and interesting side characters
>other characters actually do stuff instead of just wait for Goku to save them
>well paced and even the filler is entertaining

Dragon Ball Z:
>most fights after namek arc are just ATATATATAT shit with excessive use of nameless beam attacks
>world feels like just a bunch of empty battle fields
>other characters just kill time until Goku shows up
>pacing is atrocious, fights are dragged out to the point of boredom with a heavy use of reaction shots, needless exposition and filler that just wastes time

Kai:
>makes DBZ watchable thanks to improved pacing
>animation changes are hit and miss with some unfortunate censorship
>even with the new soundtrack getting replaced with the classic one, you're still missing some tracks here and there

>other characters actually do stuff instead of just wait for Goku to save them
>other characters just kill time until Goku shows up
wrong

Good argument.

Where the fuck did the idea that Dragon Ball was less Goku centric come from? Dragon Ball was fucking Goku everything, everywhere, all the time. Z actually had way more time for the rest of the cast to do shit.

No one but Goku can do anything in DB. Tien can't even beat Piccolo's fodder.

In DBZ most of the time Goku is away 2/3 of the arc and the other characters have to do stuff. Hell they only beat Vegeta thanks to Krillin, Gohan and Yajirobe.

super tbqh
>tfw /ourayy/ oneshots the u3 robot

Goku in DB still relied on his friends a lot of the time, particularly during the arcs where they're actually looking for the dragon balls. There were many moments where Goku would have died or wouldn't know where to go next if it weren't for the help of his friends.

The example you gave for DBZ is one of the very few times the actions of the other characters isn't completely pointless (along with Piccolo killing Raditz). Every other fight/dilemma could have been solved easily if Goku wasn't AWOL or holding back for stupid reasons.

Goku killed everything in DB. Everyone else was just there.

Krillin, Gohan and Vegeta did most of the work on Namek. Goku was saved by Vegeta during the androids and Gohan killed Cell.

This. Dragon Ball also had superior girls.

Krillin, Gohan and Vegeta's actions during the Namek arc are pointless. If they simply waited for Goku to heal and then sent him off to Namek by himself, his gravity training would have been more than enough to take down all of Frieza's men and he would have probably collected the dragon balls a lot quicker too. Krillin's only purpose during that arc is to die so Goku can go Super and defeat Frieza.

I'll give you the Goku being saved due to his heart problem (still retarded that it's never explained where that came from) and Gohan still needs the help of his father to kill Cell. In fact Goku could have probably beaten Cell if he wasn't so set on letting his son do him the honour.

I'll give you the Goku being saved due to his heart problem (still retarded that it's never explained where that came from) and Gohan still needs the help of his father to kill Cell.
I meant to say "but" there.

>Krillin, Gohan and Vegeta's actions during the Namek arc are pointless. If they simply waited for Goku to heal and then sent him off to Namek by himself, his gravity training would have been more than enough to take down all of Frieza's men and he would have probably collected the dragon balls a lot quicker too.
No. Not only did he get beaten by Ginyu, but without Krillin, Gohan and Vegeta stealing the Dragon Ball, either Freeza convinces a Namek to grant him his wish or he kills them all and no Dragon Ball remain. They could only bring Piccolo back because of Krillin and Gohan making the wish before Freeza and Vegeta arrived on scene.
Piccolo and the others save Goku's life twice during Freeza. Krillin saving Gohan's life prevents Goku from fighting before he gets healed. Kaio's plan is the reason they could revive everyone after Namek exploded.

Dragon Ball is much, much better than DBZ or anything post-Z.