>puts raw fish on rice

That'll be three hundred dollars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vauACwnlE9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>carries your burger to you
That'll be 3$ plus 297$ tip.

At least it's cooked.

Sushi is the world's dumbest meme. It's only popular because sneaky Japanese convinced American yuppies in the 1980s that paying for food civilized people would throw out makes you trendy.

>Haute cuisine
That’s your fault for being a gullible dumbass

That'll be $859 plus tip.

Based Jiroposter.

is sushi the evangelion of food?

Sushi and ramen is the Naruto of food.

gyuudon > sushi

the food of the truly intelligent. Like 500 nippon dollars at a yoshinoya

To be fair he's not just making sushi
He's providing a service

So they taste like shit, makes you sick, but everyone recommends it and won’t stop talking about it all the time?

Never had clam sushi before, sounds pretty damn good.

The service of making sushi!

Massively overrated?
Sure, I'd agree with that.

You could say the same about hot dog vendors. They don't sell them for $800.

>ordered a bunch of ingredients online to make that sichuan tofu
>mfw eating it

Holy fucking christ this shit is good

This is pretty salty and my lips are numb but fuck it's good

That service will be $900 prus tip please

I can understand why people think it's too expensive and all that, but it definitely tastes good.

Service would be a better excuse if Jiro wasn't known for being a dick who rushes you through the meal so he can get more bucks from people.

>I can understand why people think it's too expensive
I cant. Its capitalism, too many people want to eat at the restaurant that it has several months reserved ahead of time so he raises prices accordingly.

Does he really charge that much for a meal course? That the price for one person right?
I saw the movie, still that price sounds insane. And they said in the movie that he didn't even prepare all the shit, it was his son kek.

If rich people fetish is having you serving them food, you will happy too.
Don't too jealous, it's pathetic.

I didn't mean his shop, I meant sushi in general. I can understand why some people wouldn't want to dish out a ton of money to try raw fish at a real sushi place.

you're charged for the name/brand, mostly. The reputation guarantees a standard for quality and freshness of the ingredients.

Yes, you are charged hundreds of dollars to know that this 20$ fish is better than the slightly stinky 5$ fish.

There are way better sushi places in Tokyo for cheaper prices. Jiro just asks that much because he can get away with it

Another awe inspiring creation.

My town actually had an elderly Japanese master sushi chef with his own restaurant. Stuff was great and not too expensive. Poor guy died last year.

I don't care if people think it's pedestrian - California Rolls are delicious when made properly.

Best sushI i ever ate was in the Tokyo Fish Market and it wasn't expensive at all. I ate in one of the expensive Sushi restaurants in Ginza and i couldn't tell the difference.

Not surprising. You could convince an American to eat a fried stick of butter.

:(

amazing, he ripped it out and put some sauce on it.

>put slab of meat on hot pan
>wait
Wow, so hard. Are you people just now realizing making food is the easiest monkey labor in the world and that eating at a restaurant is always a ripoff?

>americans cannot into food
What else is new?

At Least you don't need to tip because it's not some third world shithole

OBSESSED

How much would you pay for sushi made by Ai-chan??
youtube.com/watch?v=vauACwnlE9g

the food is only secondary to the experience in the restaurant business

You'd have to pay me.

100 virtual dollars.

You don't pay for the food itself, you pay fro the fresh ingredients, a bunch of dudes who know how to make them taste good, a cool place, all packaged in a format where you can just come in and just order the stuff you want and get it almost immediately.

>Curry and ramen is the Naruto of food.
>So they taste like shit, makes you sick
Not when they are cooked.

>cooking sushi

Nigga this is kawaii as fuck.

If it was Enma Ai then a lot.

The scandicks have been eating raw and fermented fish forever, it takes a real jew to market it as luxury food though

>He only eats raw fish sushi
How old are the worms inside your stomach now?

Well you got to fry those tamago before serving them.

Man this reminds me of the last time I had sushi.

It was at this place with an all you can eat lunch and I had like fucking 20 different kinds of sushi with my pops and something in it was bad as I got food poisoning like 2 hours later and he felt horrible round the same time.

I felt like I was dying from being stabbed for 3 days and threw up out of both ends. So much I had to go to the hospital to be rehydrate, and lost like two pairs of pants and underwear on the way due to obvious reasons.

Fun times, but I haven't touched sushi since

Not all of us live in poverty stricken third world countries that lack basic health guidelines.

see this post

You do know that Japs have regular pinworm tests, right? It doesn't matter what sort of health and safety standards you have. Fish do not live in sterile environments (farms are no exception). They get parasites.

I had food poisoning from Mexican food back in highschool and its been several years and I refuse to touch Mexican chains like Taco Bell or Chiptole.

The closest thing to Mexican food I will eat is nachos, though.

Okay, she's playing Akinator. I want to see if he can guess Shinzo Abe.

Its the Chinese and Koreans who rip Americans off on Japanese food.

Not much Japanese immigration to America since WW2 after all.

>british cuisine

Haven't got any.so far. You probably shouldn't live in country when they can't find any decent fish.

Why in the world would you put eggs in sushi? Are you a pervert or smthing?

I think there are two different types of sushi.

One is fermented, the other one is not.

Phò is best. How can Misofags even compete?

>all you can eat sushi

What the fuck were you thinking?

Raw salmon and avocado together is good.

The rice is important in California rolls though.

Cheap California rolls don't spend time making good sushi rice which requires vinegar.

Vinegary rice makes raw salmon and avocado together taste much better.

what about it?

My stomach is iron and I had eaten at the place several times before. And my pops is a cheap bastard with a silver tongue who convinced me all you can eat was a deal

Ruined sushi for me

>Only raw fish sushi exists in the world
You miss Unagi, you miss a lot.

Jiro has two sons. The youngest son opened a clone restaurant nearby with much cheaper prices.

Most foreigners head to his younger son.

I think his older son might change his restruant's name when his dad dies, though.

>Has your character ever killed someone?
>Has your character ever had someone killed?
>Submitted by Bibi
What in the actual fuck

Is legendarily awful, what's your point?

This is a perversion. And why the hell would you eat eel with eggs?

Whats YOUR point?

Everyone says eels are delicious but I'm too chickenshit to try them.

Japan doesn't consider Jiro's the best.

Tabelog is Japan's version of yelp.

There is GuruNavi but it is less popular.

I swear I thought his was only in the 300-400 range. I know he's racist to gaijins though so maybe that's why it's 800.

Also Saito>Jiro

Now, it is actually the time to eat Sukiyaki for merely 100 yen more at Yoshinoya.

Ah, I see that you are retarded. My mistake for engaging with you.

Getting sushi from buffets are usually the worst possible idea you can have. Sometimes its not a hot item and they aren't touched and the buffet will leave them out longer. Also people at buffets cross contaminate often.

1. Don't get it if you didn't see it get put out recently
2. Don't get it if there isn't a designated sushi guy/station running it
3. Don't get it late into a lunch service

I've tried sushi at a buffet like once ever meeting those criteria. Also, never get that shit at a supermarket either. Can't say I blame you for not trying it again but, if you want a surefire way of not getting your asshole blown out going to a legit sushi place and eating cooked "sushi" (rolls, fried options) gets close to the same texture.

It's delicious.

I never liked the Chinese style of food that incorporated all those chilis for the numbing effect.

I just don't like it when food numbs my lips or mouth and I don't want to have to apologize to my anus a few hours later.

I didn't post the first one.
I posted pic because you asked for egg. I post those lines because the best sushi is not served in raw. Different purposes there.

>chickenshit
Why would you be afraid of eel?

Why do you think you're in an argument, you retarded mongoloid?

CDC says contaminated vegetables get Americans more sick than contaminated meat.

British food sucks

>tfw went to nippon and got sushi at Tsukiji fish market
>was scared because the only sushi I had prior were from shitty chinese buffets and the rice was to vinegary for my tastes
>literally sitting right in front of the sushi chef while I eat
>it was good
Maybe it's just a tourist trap or something but damn what a relief.

Have worked at a sushi chain before. Usually after 2 hours on the conveyor it will become a free sushi for the worker.

I paradoxically love and fear new things.

>I posted pic because you asked for egg
I didn't ask for it, I said you don't need it in sushi. If you want to eat an egg, go by a french omelette.

> I post those lines because the best sushi is not served in raw.
Like, any examples except for eel? If you can't find any fresh fish around, that's a completely different matter.

It's just an oily piece of cooked fish. It's as safe as food can be.

It wasn't a buffet they just had an all you can eat lunch deal

I like sashimi.

I could see that. I work in food but, for the military so most of my habits come from how we treat our outside lines. Basically, if it was put out trash it mostly for those outside variable (people touching it, cross contaminating, and holding temp). Also from knowing how easily you can get sick from fish I don't fuck with it if I don't know how long it was sitting. I guess its overly cautious but, I don't like taking chances with delicate food like that.

What, like you pay a single price and they bring a platter of sushi out?

What's ironic is that there are people who feel afraid of eating sushi but have no problem chucking down raw oysters.

Raw oysters have a higher risk of getting you sick than raw fish since oysters pretty much exist to filter their surroundings.

fron what I remember you pick and just get as much you want and neither of us paid besides what we we had to for the deal

Which is why I ate half the godamn sea that day

Sichuan pepper is the shit

>it's just rice and fish lel
I hate those "omGGG Sushi!!" yuppies too but can we just admit that sushi is actually good and has many valid forms that taste nice?

I treat them the same way, basically if I didn't order it off a menu my chances of trying it drop significantly. I still try to coax people who are actually afraid of eating sushi anywhere into trying it though because its not something to have phobia over when its prepared right

>I didn't ask for it, I said you don't need it in sushi. If you want to eat an egg, go by a french omelette.u
Eh I like my special fried eggs binded with Japanese unique sushi rice. Not saying it's necessary but I just like it that way. Hence egg on sushi.
>Like, any examples except for eel?
I was saying that my favorite eel sushi is not served in raw, and tasted better than most raw sushi I had. Other cooked sushi are just alright.