Isekai

No isekai thread?
What's wrong with ya mates?

Other urls found in this thread:

alphapolis.co.jp
lightnovelgate.com/chapter/because_i_reincarnated_as_a_succubus_ill_squeeze_out_milk/chapter_1
kondeesite.wordpress.com/sakyubasu-ni-tensei-shitanode-miruku-o-shiborimasu-chapter-2/
raisingthedead.ninja/2016/05/01/slave-harem-chapter-207/
mangatown.com/lists/40241/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who is the best isekai MC and why is Rance

I read Rain
but I realize it wasn't isekai

>Rance
>isekai

wut

Rance isn't isekai.

He might be the most savege MC of all fantasy

Literally who?

Kotarou and Mimi are isekei'd

W E W
E
W

What is this?

Okay then

Isekai ni Kita Mitai dakedo Ikanisureba Yoi no Darou

Here’s an isekai and tensei heavy site with lots of untranslated stuff.
alphapolis.co.jp

I'm having fun reading the Cooking with wild game light novel.
I want an amazon waifu.

Mate a question for ya and for the anons who also read LN/WN.
Are they good? I've seen a few anons talking about how horrendous are the the writings.
Got any good LN to start reading?

does the MC have a personality this time around?

of course not where do you think you are?

>Got any good LN to start reading?
Atelier Tanaka and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise

>Rance
>isekai
???

My boy Faraway Paladin is fucking great

The writings are usually not bad, its just that the translations are usually pretty bad since Japanese and English are 2 very different languages.

Town guards must be polygamist bisexuals in that setting.

okay, whoever suggested a hero's war because it was similar to release that witch, I need to know if it get's better after the first village, because it's pretty shit so far.

Not horrendous, but there is a fair share of cliches. Tsundere main girl, girls that want to marry MC because he knows how to cook.

No? But I give him points on the vanilla department because he rejected the 2 girls that wanted his dick in favour of the main girl.

I'm actually surprised it managed to remind of the hobit in vol 3, mind you, not in the quality of the writing but the overall setting. However, it still irks me how every so often the MC says he's so damn OP, but thankfully it's not that common of an ocurrence..

all the good LN have their own anime and threads.
if you want suggestions on WN you'll need to be more specific because there are literally hundreds of them

>Because I Reincarnated as a Succubus, I'll Squeeze Out Milk.
Guy is reincarnated as a Succubus, becomes the slave of a Cow, is the weakest being on the planet because he refuses to have sex which would give him Succubus-XP

In a mind rotting coma from reading too much isekai.

I started reading Reika-sama not expecting anything, and ended binge reading all the translated chapters

Did someone say best isekai protagonist?

>the main girl
literally who? and
>giving points for being an indecisive harem protagonist
come on, man

I wanted to read this, but the faggot translator made it so you have go throughout a link with ads..

EVER
FUCKING
THREAD

BASED Fuuka poster

>indecisive harem protagonist
But that's the point you retard, he's not being indecisive. 2 fucking books in he already acknowledges he either marries Ai Fa or nobody.

lightnovelgate.com/chapter/because_i_reincarnated_as_a_succubus_ill_squeeze_out_milk/chapter_1
kondeesite.wordpress.com/sakyubasu-ni-tensei-shitanode-miruku-o-shiborimasu-chapter-2/
Faggot translator stays a faggot throughout with TN commentary a few times per chapter.

her face is an odd yellowish tint. I think that's a sign she's had too much tea.

well fuck me

Holy fucking shit that's so fucking bullshit i can believe my eyes but okay i guess

*can't

This shit reminds me of To love ru

I tried reading the Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o LN because the manga was moving at a snail's pacing.
It's so cookie cutter and godawful it made me drop the manga.

You mean you dropped the light novel?

tanaka is fun, but there's like no translation motivation for it (i think there's like maybe 1 guy doing a chapter once a month or something). There were more before the manga anyways.

well, it's a step better than the usual
>I saved a beautiful slave who now loves me because I'm a "nice guy"
well, not really, just not as cliche

Both.
For the LN I dropped it not long after he aquired a third slave because the story arcs where all following the same formula
>1. aquire slave
>2. fuck her
>3. buy her clothes and equipment and go grind on the labyrint
>4. repeat from step 1

that shit isn't just cookie cutter. it's actively offensive to anyone who reads books.
zero world building, zero character development. it's just a dry ass game log of some guy playing the most boring RPG ever interrupted by some terribly written smut.

the painful truth

>tfw no updates
I need more yankees in fantasy settings

Thank you, now I'm going to drop the manga as well.

The art is the only thing worth anything really, dwarf seems to have the most of a character, or at least is the only who seems to question the intelligence of the stupid MC. No personality development and chapters spent on grinding levels in a dungeon. I still read chapters when translated because I have almost no standards once I start something.

and more edgelord princess

>A Harem in the Fantasy World Dungeon Isekai Meikyuu De Dorei Harem wo
Oh, for I moment I thought it was the old man dies while playing VR game. That looks like it's shaping up to be a manage a merchant guild while NOT having a harem.

>Overlord S2 and DM this winter
>arifureta this spring
>Re:Zero OVA in the works
>nothing of shieldbro yet
Summer or fall probably, but i'm slowly losing out hope. That said, Chio-chan airs in spring so that's something to look forward to.

what's with teh fuuka picture?

>and more edgelord princess
Im usually into that sort of story but for some reason i can't get into that at all, it does nothing for me and i don't know why

Fuck all that noise, where's my 50 episode MT adaptation done by sunrise FUCK.

honestly I've skimmed a few chapters to see where the train wreck was heading and this chapter stuck out to me
raisingthedead.ninja/2016/05/01/slave-harem-chapter-207/

I'm assuming because the author has no reference outside of video games he makes inane collection quests for the protagonist to fill his word count. off the cuff the entire world's economy is based off of dungeon drops, killing a bird drops a single feather, MC decides to gather thousands of feathers to make a futon to fuck his slaves on. he spends an entire chapter on this, it's fucking insane.

I mean check out this dialogue;
>I instruct Roxanne who was about to lock onto the next target.
>“Rockbirds?”
>“I intend to make a precious futon.”
>“Futon? Very well.”
>I have received Roxanne’s approval.
>I’m relieved now.
this shit isn't complicated enough to fault the translator on

>arifureta this spring
Really? Does anything happen beyond he gets dumped into a hole and crawls his way back?

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure there needs to be a >overly detailed description of food for half a chapter

I feel like a lot of the isekai I read early on fell into that trap. Like the one with the lizard, cat, and dog girl slaves. At least it's not like New Gate where the fights take 5 years to conclude.

that's a shame. it was one of the few isekai that don't have that annoying video game screen that doesn't shut up about skills.

What the fuck, I understand the nichijou chapters that happens all the time in WN, but collecting a few feathers just to make a futon to fuck his slaves on? No, just no.

Oh my shite, a fucking anime for arifureta?
Fuck me it will be the second coming of smartphone.

airs this april.

he becomes OP and nothing matters anymore. the whole thing should have ended as soon as he escaped

I enjoyed the power fantasy chapters where he meets back up with his teacher and when he met the "main" classmates again. I couldn't tell you anything past that though except there was a warp maze dungeon or something.

>tfw he does the entire hero's journey in like 2 volumes

The mate who did this mangatown.com/lists/40241/ deserves heaven and much more.

A lot of them are not Isekai though

>Overused videogame mechanics
Yeah, i guess, but after some thought i guess my problem is that the rules and limitations of the characters are not clear in my opinion, like there's some edge scenes and shit all over the place but it doesn't feel like any of that matters or that they are in any danger, like they could get stabbed a billion times, and it hurt a lot, but they can just shake off that shit in a minute

is final fantasy: lost stranger a good isekai manga? I havent read it yet and I dont wanna be disappointed so whats your take in it?

>edge has no consequences
I get what you mean

Wait, what is going on with Fuuka now? Last i checked there was a girl that looked exactly like her wanting to join the band.

Nothing, that user is just memeing about people getting isekai'd when truck'd.

Wasn't there a "realistic" isekai about a salaryman who can't become a hero because he doesn't have money and can't understand their language, so he ends up working in a hotel. Only a single chapter was released, I believe.

Oh. It's kinda sad how i didn't even question the idea that SEO might have resorted to Isekai in his story.

>what is going on with Fuuka now?
the legend continues...

>I bought* a beautiful slave who now loves me because I'm a "nice guy"

Ftfy. This is about isekai series, remember?

I read the first chapter and it didnt seem offensively bad other than the truck kun part. But its heavily built on Final fantasy 14 despite being a different world.
Whats the story with a the blue haired girl on all the covers I thought she was the slime but I guess not.

>Whats the story with a the blue haired girl on all the covers I thought she was the slime but I guess not.

She is and isn't. She was a hero and when she died the slime ate her and gained the power to take on a genderless version of her appearance which he uses as his default human form.

[Noise] did it better.

Though only a single chapter. A few volumes of that could work, if there was more plot as well.

Fuck, it feels like that the Isekai genre authors are just getting lazier and lazier.

Rance is not fucking Isekai.

I prefer it when its videogame mechanics not properly defined like sword dad. Because the author can literally pull ANYTHING out of his ass when you least expect it to create some tension. It helps when the world still has its secrets and the main characters are still left figuring things out.

it does have this guy

>story about medicine and shit
>MC is still a fucking demi-god with god-tier magic
what makes you think that?

"genderless" thats a little girl no matter how far you want to push the no genitalia aspect.

More likely it just attracts lazier writers who don't have any better ideas and would otherwise write nothing.

>tfw he isn't actually the strongest sword
RIP kitty hands

>randimly finds a girl that needs help in the wild
>saves her then she joins the harem
The medicine one that you were referring to wasn't that bad imo, at least the mc wasn't a random useless cuck back in the world that he was in and he did have actual knowledge on medicines. Although I did think the story got dull pretty quickly.

He's a great accessory though. Plus he cooks.

>the story got dull pretty quickly
that's because the MC is a literal medicine god. he can do anything without any real effort so there's never any risk of anything and he always has the perfect solution to any medicinal problem.

True, it's fine if it's just web novels that have shirt quality stories. But the problem is that it seems like publishers are just trying to get whatever book that they could publish

I hope Isekai Veterinarian doesn't get god powers and a harem because I'm liking the idea of a scientist/doctor isekai.

hes just becoming stronger and stronger but yeah he sure as hell didn't start out the strongest. And to be perfectly fair her hands were chopped off and instantly put back on and healed when they fought the first dungeon boss. Im currently in the middle of frans forced cooking ark, but I can say theyre still no stronger than an above average adventurer. Its crazy knowing that theres still about 350+ more chapters of this that need to be translated. Im just hoping she evolves soon since shes almost hit her level cap.

The author had to give him god like medicine powers because they don't actually know enough about it to write it convincingly so they just hand wave it away. It's the same with nearly all these series, the super OP powers are mostly just a hand wave to cover up the fact that they have no real experience with their gimmick or ability to write something interesting with it. In the end they're just gimmicks to draw readers into the super generic powertrip fantasty the author wanted to write.

I feel like the game mechanics for this works because it's all about powering up the cute daughterfu and while she's strong she runs into plenty of trouble and difficulty. And Fran is adorable.

Correction 250+ plus

>I became a sword
Is the manga any good?

I'm actually okay with OP MCs, boring stories aren't inherent with plots without risk.
think the most common work around is viewing the protagonist from outside perspectives, or at least giving the protag an alter ego for easy inner conflict. eg overlord, death flags.