UQ Holder episode 12

I think it airs in a couple hours

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C1wc07xNHWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And nobody cares about it... Yikes. At least it'll be over I guess.

Why is this show so unpopular in both Japan and the West? I thought Negima was huge back in the day.

Hi I am an animeonlyfag who somehow watched this entire show. Might as well watch the final episode too.
Maybe one day I'll read the original Negima manga (never got too interested in it despite loving Happy Material, in fact I never got too interested in any of the anime adaptations either regardless of that) and then UQ Holder, the girls are cute and that's enough for me.

Cuz newfags were seduced by SAO and basically newfags are sickened by anime made before 2012. If you have been on this board long enough that becomes very apparent.

Heads up, it took me about 2 months to read the Negima manga reading about 1 or 2 hours a day a few months ago.

SAO is terrible though.

BGOTY

Karin is amazing yes.

Exactly, back in the day. Negima's popularity wasn't the kind that lasted through it's downtime, either. Ken would have had a better shot at attracting new viewers if he had allowed UQ to be adapted properly without the nostalgia bait "sequel hook."

I haven't watched a single episode of this, but I read through the manga until the end of confrontation with Negi. I thought manga was alright.
Is the anime any good?

It cuts out a lot in order to adapt the Negi fight subplot. Santa was cut out entirely.

It's not good for mangafags but I've seen anime only fags say they enjoy it.

Not even loli Eva can save this show. What a rushed hot mess.

>Last card wasted on Mizore

The ending was anime original, right? What happened ?

>No Santa

Never not mad.

Any caps or subs?

Subs are out.

Ending tweaked from manga ending. After waiting 37 seconds instead of just Asuna appearing all of class 3a appears and the Negima version of happy material plays while they do a big montage of attacks.

Seriously?

youtu.be/C1wc07xNHWI Here's the subs.

Would I just go on the internet and tell lies?
But seriously, yes, that's what happens. It's pretty fun. Best is probably Sayo in her robot. Though what's her name sticking Tota up the butt with a giant leek was good too.

I wish we could go back to shenanigans with the class desu

He's telling the truth. I had to pause because I couldn't believe how stupid it was and needed a moment.

I want her to sit on my face

That was bad. Why is Ken such a hack?

What did they mean by this?

>Final episode
>Dead thread

Can we FINALLY admit Negima 2 was a mistake?

S2 when?

Kirie was a mistake.

Kirie didn't cause this.

Also was Chisame's seiyuu the same? Didn't sound like her.

I think the entire class had their old VAs but I'd have to check. Someone should cap this episode.

Wait, did they show her in the anime already?

slut

Touta won't be able to become a wizard

best girl

I Love Naba Chizuru

Nodoka is:

Shooting inside

She was in the OAD

I want to shoot inside Karin.

Negima tanked in popularity in the mid-00s and whatever remained was essentially nuked after that shitshow ending.

It was great as a harem Hairy Potter harem, then it became DBZ and sucked ever since.

The whole series should have ended after the Festival arc.

It tanked in popularity at the end of the series. It was still strong until then.

People keep forgetting the author ended the series to stick it to the publisher so he wouldnt lose control of his creation.

Only good parts of the episode where Setsuna and Konoe.

>receiving holy power directly from Jesus H. Christ himself, but can't even properly exorcise a ghost
>can't be harmed but still manages to lose every fight she's in
>gets stripped more often than anyone else in the cast
>Ken threw her into the Toutabowl for the hell of it despite having 0% chance of winning

Being Karin is suffering. Well, I guess that's the point.

Oh, and she couldn't scratch Rakan either. But I won't hold that against her because this is Rakan we're talking about.

I don't think that law ever went anywhere though. Wouldn't that just mean he got spooked from kodansha trying to pull that shit and abruptly ended negima to try and get out of relations with them? Though he still ended up going back to them with UQ so maybe he didn't find anyone else willing to publish his series or his abrupt ending made it so other companies might have seen him as a risk?

Could also be just something like wanting to work on something different or maybe he was sick like kubo and couldn't handle the time it'd take to wrap everything up. It's also not surprising at all that after a shit ending the fans of the series would start to hate it and not read anything by the same author again. I don't know about negima but a similarly shitty wrap up for bleach was pretty upsetting for a lot of fags here, myself included.

Oh god my dickboner.

It's nice having so many blond girls around.

So, does a season 2 happen? I was sure it wouldn't but now I'm not so sure.

>anime OC donut steel ending
>season 2
(lol

At best this shit will get a shitton of OVAs bridging the gap of certain plot holes (Kirie chapters, Karin chapter, Dana arc, etc.).

They already did the first part of their Eva x Touta shipping but there's no training montage in there.

Karin's supposed to get an OVA based on those truth chocolate chapters and Kirie was supposed to get one too but I don't really give a shit about her.

So, is the whole immortality thing just a distraction? Is this actually a cleverly disguised ryona series? Is Ken actually smarter than I give him credit for?

They skipped the loli race and the Negima ending too, they're saving that for dem BD shekels.

Just think about it like this: if a girl is immortal, you can beat the shit out of her until you get tired, because she'll never break. Therefore, immortal girls are the best for ryona, unless you're specifically into the snuff part.

The loli race should never be animated.

He's smart. His fondness for tsunderes is just a clinical disorder.

What do people have against the loli race? It's at least fappable.

>create shitty tsundere
>give her a power that revolves around getting killed a lot

I applaud him for finding a way to balance his crazy with catharsis.
Watching Kirie have her shit kicked in was the perfect way to end the show.

fucking shit tastes

As an additional bit of fun, Kirie in the manga is currently sabotaging herself.
All her potential rivals in UQ have stepped down (for the moment) and are actually encouraging her to fuck Touta.
Touta himself has made it clear that he likes her and is willing to do whatever she wants.
The only thing stopping her from sealing the deal is herself; it's hilarious.
That being said, I'm starting to worry that she's a little too close to actually winning.

She'll die one day, they all will. All except Karin, making her the true winner by default.

Because it didn't add anything to the plot and the girls involved are all pretty annoying in their own way.

The ending kind of torpedo'd the series fandom. Combined with the fact it got endless amounts of god awful adaptations and has a high barrier of entry(You have to slog through the first 40-50 chapters before it even starts to get consistently decent), plus a shit ending, turns a lot of people off from picking it up. I've had several friends I've recommended the series to that ended up loving it, but they hated the beginning and would've dropped it several times over if I didn't recommend it so highly.

You then got the sequel dividing a lot of people and not really pleasing anyone, the fans want it to stop being Negima nostalgia bait, while the longtime Negima fans largely don't seem to like UQ Holder by itself, and you got a recipe for disaster and not recovering.

Hey don't shit on the Kyoto or Evangeline arcs.

>endless amounts of god awful adaptations
Only the SHAFT TV series were awful.

The original XEBEC show and the over 9000 OAVs were all okay.

I said consistently. Those had some good moments, but were still a bit bipolar.
Don't forget the clusterfuck of the movie. The OVAs were alright, but the animation quality on most of them was pretty bad and only had a couple of really standout moments. Negi vs Scroll Evangeline and everything Rakan was pretty great, though. You'd be totally lost trying to get into the series though those, however.

I still can't believe this series got a fucking 24 episode live action that made Dragon Ball Evolution look good. At least that had some semblance of budget.

I'll forgive that because it was the first real venture into the genre shift. Plus Evangeline is always great.

I've always told anyone interested in Negima if you aren't into it by the end of the Kyoto arc you won't ever get into it.

>tfw longtime Negima fan but also love UQ Holder and just want Negima to die already

What really bums me out is that Negima hijacked the anime and now UQ will never get a proper advertisement from an anime adaptation.

>complaining about how Negima hijacked the anime when the manga started out as a Negima sequel with Negima characters returning

Speaking of the Kyoto arc, did Fate have any reason at all to be there?
What did he stand to gain? Was it just revenge on Eishun?

The problem was that UQ was failing on its own. Ironically because Ken went back to the harem well.

I honestly don't know. I feel like that was when it was still in the planning stages before it got really big.

>The problem was that UQ was failing on its own
People need to stop forcing this. UQH has never been a failure. Sales have been okay, but not low.

Oh don't fucking start. The first chunk of UQ isn't focused on dropped Negima subplots, if the anime had adapted it properly without relying on nostalgia baiting it could have drawn in more new viewers.

No it wasn't. And bringing in Negima didn't increase sales either.

>UQH has never been a failure
>Sales have been okay, but not low.

>UQ Holder! #15 84,162

>Negima! Magister Negi Magi #37 154,767

>if the anime had adapted it properly without relying on nostalgia baiting it could have drawn in more new viewers.
The series wasn't doing well even before the Negima wanking came full force. Hell the only reason why anyone gave this the time of day was because it was a sequel to Negima. It being a proper adaptation wouldn't have fixed anything since nobody cared about the parts that were omitted

What point are you trying to make? He didn't claim the sales were better than Negima, he just said they were okay, and they are. Why does everything need to be a fucking competition with you fags?

>they animated Tota purposedly getting himself cucked

Those sales are not okay in the slightest and what's more hilarious is that the anime didn't move sales of the source of material at all.

>Below 100k
>okay

You don't know that. Zettai Karen Children had a spin-off anime about its antagonist which drew in a lot of new fans because it wasn't shilled as something you could only watch after reading 300 fucking chapters of a manga.

>since nobody cared about the parts that were omitted

In what fucking world? These threads have been people shitting on this anime for cutting content out since episode 3. People clearly cared.

>expecting anime sales when Ken shits on his audience with this shit

>Zettai Karen Children had a spin-off anime about its antagonist which drew in a lot of new fans because it wasn't shilled as something you could only watch after reading 300 fucking chapters of a manga.
It drew in a lot of fujoshi and we all know how fickle they are also not really relevant anymore so why would you use that as an example?

>These threads have been people shitting on this anime for cutting content out since episode 3
You mean the loud minority trying to pretend people gave a shit about Santa?

>what's more hilarious is that the anime didn't move sales of the source of material at all

I wonder why. It couldn't be because the anime was promoted as a sequel to a dead franchise and thus no one watched it or anything like that.

>Not even 100 replies

Nobody cares about this series, dude.

i care. it was a fun ride. fan of akamatsu since LH. have LH and MSN manga complete.

Well fuck that was dumb, but seeing so many naked girls in the same frame is never a waste.
On to the manga eventually.
Also Kirie is really fucking cute.

Sameface galore

Me too but this series is just so far off the grid that nobody really knows it exists.

Imagine getting warped to some sort of closed space by magic, finding out that you have 30 different mothers, and getting to see (almost) all of their naked bodies in their prime.
Fuck you Asuna you should have gotten beamed too.

I feel sorry for their husbands, they all got cucked by a 10 year old

Do I fap to this now or wait for the BDs?

Fap now and then fap again when the BDs come out

I doubt we'll get nipples so I hope you enjoy hand bras.
They're great

>nipples
>vagoo
>in Hackamatsu anime