Pre-2000s Anime Thread

Relax, maybe grab a cold one, and let's talk about stuff we've recently watched/are watching from the better decades of animation.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/1002312
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/1002311
strawpoll.me/14649304
youtu.be/-mNNWivqU0g
a.pomf.cat/ihbtio.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=fN_tTQBT5Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=ItCMX3A1qaE
youtube.com/watch?v=aS0M0b81h2o
youtube.com/watch?v=0ce1D50QIrE
youtube.com/watch?v=_c5qjlhkz6w
youtube.com/watch?v=0mh_2AgOM74
youtube.com/watch?v=zmcnPBcHiYw
youtube.com/watch?v=HP0VVaPYzHk
youtube.com/watch?v=7WHPT-zE1hI
youtube.com/watch?v=8BcM31lohl0
youtube.com/watch?v=bz6LmPM5U5I
youtube.com/watch?v=wokg8088pkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Might as well post here, too. If anyone is interested, here's two old shows that were done years ago that I'm reuploading. They're Born Free and Formula 1 - Engines on the Track.

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/1002312
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/1002311

What's his fucking problem?

Area 84 was great, the classic J-pop was nice too.

He led a hard life, but that's no excuse to act like that.

Going through You're Under Arrest after anons recommended the TV series.
It's really great, but there a couple bad episodes with some really retarded scenes.

For example: Aoi playing "basketball" with thieves; Nakajima's dad marrying a clearly teenage-acting 20 year old; Miyuki firing the net bazooka while free-falling, grabbing the net and flying towards a crane to safety

This episode was absolutely fantastic though.

is the anime worth it?

Honey's witty action dialogue almost turned me gay.

Manga is more satisfying

Sasuga Tomino!

Fourth Yamato movie was a bit weak, but I'm enjoying the third season a lot.

Evangelion was good

Fuck off, no one cares.

>muh Eva triggers me
What is the point in this thread if nobody is allowed to talk about the good anime?

You've got a whole board that cares about EVA, newfag. There are hundreds of other "good anime" to talk about.

strawpoll.me/14649304
I have some time off and want to watch another Takahashi mecha show. Help me out, Sup Forums.

When OP says "pre-2000s anime" he actually means "unpopular pre-2000s anime," get with the program.

Wow thanks for this, I really love the OST for this anime.

*Formula 1
I mean.

Watched Tekkaman Blade, and this guy had a hard life.

Aoi episode was shit, but truly a great series. The reboot season is awful though.

>The reboot season is awful
Never seen that show, but this goes without saying.

Yu Yu hakusho and all the standard criticism and praise. . One thing I really like is how you see how much and how each character has grown through the series. .. and that OST youtu.be/-mNNWivqU0g

I saw Natsu e no Toriba recently.

Arguably one of the most underrated films of the 80's- A masterpiece.

>vintage shounen ai about rationalism
Picked up.

Rewatching Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken and watching KO Beast, Princess Nine and Ayashi no Ceres.

Is the first season worth it?

Hell yeah. Everyone got a turn to show their stuff in Yu Yu. That's probably my favorite thing about it.

Slayers OVAs. I have an ohohoho fetish

Making my way through pic related. The setting is really cool and the music is god tier. The episode that the manga creator wrote was fucking garbage, so I'm glad the production staff did their own thing.

yes

26 episodes into Maison Ikkoku and it been fine so far.It has its moments at times but for the most part dont think its that good.

Are you referring to the original 70s version of Tekkaman or Blade itself (49 episodes)?

Both of them are separate stories.

Seems they know their target market.

Any good pre 2000 recommendations?

Not for you, faggot.

Is HxH the gayest battle shounen of all time?

Just a random note.
Toki's fight on the way to Kenshiro and Souther's battle in episode 65 of HnK is fucking kino, best fight in the whole show.

Evangelion

What's the general consensus on 1997 Berserk? Personally I really enjoyed it and was perfectly faithful to the manga. I thought the animation too was really great and is some of my favourite in that regard.

It's a slideshow. There is no animation.

>1990s JJBA OVA

Helped coin the "IT'S AN ENEMY STAND" meme and was the first step to bringing the manga series into western popularity.

>I thought the animation too was really great

a.pomf.cat/ihbtio.webm

My Antivirus blocked this link.

It's like 80s Lucky Star

That's because your antivirus is trash, newfag.

Rude.

Post anime that only ever got dubbed
youtube.com/watch?v=fN_tTQBT5Dk

I'm okay with that for the nice looking stills, and what actual animation is there is good.
I think the sparks scene really stands out to me.

The narrator sounds like he should be doing a boring nature documentary instead of a preview for an anime with "mind-blowing" action.

>from the better decades of animation.

You poisoned the thread

good job baka

I agree that the art is nice, but the animation is basically non-existent in most episodes. The few "nice moments" aren't enough to redeem it in that aspect. I say this as someone who would rate Berserk a 4/5, and really enjoyed the show.

Sure, try lurking the fuck more.

I watched Dangaizer 3

The plot and writing in general was a total train wreck, but the design work was great and it was a fun watch anyways. Obari does good fan-service and super robots. 6/10.

I want to track down that Cream Lemon episode he worked on.

I've been so busy, I haven't been making the progress I would have liked with Orguss.

I did watch Sanctuary recently, which was a pretty good Yakuza/Political drama, I liked the art and the plot was cool.

God tier OPs?

youtube.com/watch?v=ItCMX3A1qaE

youtube.com/watch?v=aS0M0b81h2o

Pure concentrated 70s.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ce1D50QIrE

still way fucking better than berserk 2016

Don't forget EDs

youtube.com/watch?v=_c5qjlhkz6w

After finishing Lupin's Part 4 which I dropped back in the day, I ended up liking it so much that I saw Jigen and Goemon's OAVs which I loved so fucking much that I finally decided to watch the whole thing. It's much smaller than I remember it being and turns out it's mostly OAVs than it's a TV show.

Watched the first part when I was a fucking little shit and it was surprisingly memorable, I remember a bunch of shit, especially Goemon's first episode. The soundtrack is getting on my fucking nerves, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=0mh_2AgOM74

youtube.com/watch?v=zmcnPBcHiYw

youtube.com/watch?v=HP0VVaPYzHk

I wish Maple Town and its sequel series Palm Town would get subbed someday. I used to watch MT when I was a kid and they’re up on .si, but it’d be nice to actually know what’s going on. I'm kind of surprised, too, since they're both Junichi Sato anime.

Smiles (you) want to protect.

>It's much smaller than I remember it being
Part 2 is the long one, it's 155 episodes. I'm 105 deep right now. The soundtrack for the original is fucking great, by the way.

>Part 2 is the long one, it's 155 episodes.

Holy shit, that's a lot bigger. Is it worth it? The first season is already very much hit and miss like Part 4.

The soundtrack was cool at first but it seems they only have 3 or 4 tracks consisting of the same guy saying that LuPAN is a noice MUAN and PTHEERTE HEEEIGHT. It get old fast.

While looking for a decent torrent for the first part, found out that they announced Part 5 which will happening in France. I think it's a golden opportunity to actually talk about the original Lupin and shove the novel's background into it.

yes. i marathoned all of it in about 3 weeks 2 months ago

Ok why upload these torrents, if no one is literally going to seed and have all those trying to download stalled.

do you not know what initial seeding is?

I think it's worth it, but I liked all of the first part, too.

Cute brat.

>Pre-2000s Anime
>In Latinamerica we had hundreds of anime on terrestrial TV without censorship, also local cable channels that broadcasted adult anime like Locomotion
>circa 2004 anime broadcasted on TV started slowing down until it practicallt dissapeared if it wasn't Pokémon on CN and today dubs are dead forever (Unless you live in Chile)
>The whole anime marketshare here is as "big" as Africa, literally smaller than fucking Oceania and MENA

T-thanks fansubbers.

>Nakajima's dad marrying a clearly teenage-acting 20 year old
She was a fun character though.

I just finished her latest OVAs, there is gayness.

anyone here seen this shit?
I remember loving it as a kid but I'm afraid of going back to it and getting disappointed

Crack a cold one with the dead memes.

Thoughts on the Armitage III OVA?

Just started

Anyone here seen pic related?

but the thing is that uploader is not even seeding his own torrent
so everyone is stalled

youtube.com/watch?v=7WHPT-zE1hI

youtube.com/watch?v=8BcM31lohl0

youtube.com/watch?v=bz6LmPM5U5I

I remember Fox Kids airing this shit when I was a kid, fuck it was my favourite show back then and I didn't even have internet yet so I knew nothing of anime.

is dbz the only anime you spics ever watch?

I mean, I know it's a staple of 90's childhoods but can you be more diverse with your chinese cartoons?

>is dbz the only anime you spics ever watch?

They love Sait Seiya

Aika is better than most modern fanservice shows.

Before you watch Layznar you must know that it slides into absolute shit in the end but before that it's pretty good. There were production problems that kept them from ending it properly iirc but they made an OVA to fix that and it was just as bad if not worse.
Dougram seems better but couldn't click on it without having finished it.

If you mean Tekkaman Blade then no. The animation is terrible and it's pretty much same shit every episode, story doesn't save it either.

I'm currently watching all Ghibli movies and the old animation is so charming. I especially liked the art of Ocean Waves (even when I didn't like the content of the movie). I especially like Kiki's Delivery Service and Porco Rosso.

Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Have you seen Abel Yuusha? I like it even more than Daiboken, truer to the games.

Anyone have list of artists/character designers from 80-90s who still alive and post drawings in twitter/pixiv/whatever. I like 90s reaction faces like picrelated

> he actually means "unpopular pre-2000s anime," get with the program.

Didn't know wildly popular Rumiko Takahashi adaptations were obscure.

Get with the groove man, HE WEARS A WALTHER

There is literally one post ITT mentioning Rumiko stuff, and Maison Ikkoku (in the present day, in the English-language anime community) isn't even a percent as popular as NGE.

I was joking, but you have to admit it's the paste of these threads usually.

I finished Gaogaigar recently. Just got back into G-Gundam. Might watch some Lupin.

The 90's was so good about fanservice.

youtube.com/watch?v=wokg8088pkk

I have no qualms with the character itself, I just don't like the fact she's getting married to somebody most likely in his 60s, and she acts a lot younger than the rest of the cast despite Miyuki and Natsumi being around the same age.