Date A Live

It's official, IMS is going bankrupt right now.

角川のプロデューサーと話した。
アイムズでダメになった企画を別会社で動かせそうだ。

やっぱ、アイムズじゃキビシイなぁ〜…

rekisa1.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5772.html
twitter.com/myzkhkr/status/942650830867464193
twitter.com/GODDOOR1967/status/942073530329399297/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://rekisa1.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5772.html
twitter.com/Han_HyunJoong/status/936578686156881921?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://rekisa1.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5772.html

Does this mean DAL will have a studio change once again?

About time and no, it will get cancelled.

So they did announce a new season because they were desperate after all and were willing to make DAL II 2.0, but now they can't butcher another season again.

Well, this was short-lived. Also
>アイムズでダメになった企画を別会社で動かせそうだ。
Talking about moving the animated projects that IMS was working on to another studio.

Thank God, I hope it gets picked up by someone good

So the year the spent doing no anime was becuase they had no money. Some anons thought DAL was being worked during that time.

They obviously didn't much about IMS, especially the ones claiming IMS was "improving"

The chances of this happening are not low. Many shows that have had 3 anime seasons were all animated by different studios each. DAL could be one of those.

Their animation was looking more polished though. They still managed to get done two anime for 2018. Still glad DAL won't have to be in their hands anymore.

But not many shows get more than 2 seasons and I don't remember the last time this happened and the anine turned out to be good.

I'm not gonna miss them.

The good thing about this is that IMS no longer has the ability nor the resources to animate DAL.

Production IMS? What happened?

Making you shit look pretty is barely improving if you neglect everything else and end up in bankrupt, again. Seriously, these fucks were willing to butcher make DAL another QUALITY fest with poor directing.

Looks like they're doing it.

>DAL merchandise
Don't get your hopes up.

They're sinking. Meaning that DAL is saved.

We have to move on, user. The good thing to come out of this is that IMS won't animate more DAL. That's bliss.

I wonder what'll happen with Takunomi next season then.

If they already finished it before these news, then prepare for a QUALITYfest.

That anime was finished before this mess started.

>In February 2013, production producers of AIC Spirits quit the company and established an animation studio Production IMS.

Where will they go next

Give it to JC Staff.

They already got IndexIII next year.

They'll probably scatter and go work in other animation studios.

Tsunako designs are too good for this shitty harem series.

They have a ton of worload to do, especially with One Punch Man 2, Index III and Shokugeki no Soma IIII.

>bland samefaces: the designer
Nah, if Murata was in charge I'd agree.

Okay nepfag. DAL still got more animated projects than Neptunia.

Tsunako's character designs suck, full of samefucking face, over-reuse between this series and the games lately they should replace her with Date a bullet illustrator instead.

>Date a bullet illustrator
He is not much better either. Light novels tend to have very generic designs in general.

If they don't cancel the new anime project, which studio would you anons want to animate DAL?

It will be DEEN.

Fuck I don't know then, Most studios would be booked for now.

Silver Link is fine by me.

Gonzo, because we can't have nice things.

I hope Haifuri doesn't die with this.

when a company goes bankrupt they sell off the profitable parts of company

date a live is immensely profitable

Most studios will want to get their hands on DAL and Haifuri.

Now I won't have to be afraid of them butchering DAL.

>immensely profitable
>immensely
I like DAL but we both know that is not true, even S1 failed to reach 10k and the LN is far from being a best seller.

Anything is better than IMS at this point.

>S1 failed to reach 10k
it broke 10k after the rerelease

Not tha guy but it's profitable enough. The new season was already announed. I have the feeling that IMS wasn't in charge of animating it when the announcement happened.

does this mean we'll never get gakuen hxh s2 either?

You mean counting the Director's cut? That was released after season 2 ended.

Any studio that is stable is better. I wonder if the new season will get a new staff too. Hopefully this, I hate that director for going with original episodes that brought nothing.

Yeah, it's profitable enough but not nearly close to real popular series. It's kind of sad that IMS had to go bankrupt just to give us the chance of a new studio otherwise they would be in charge again.

>sad
I doubt that. IMS just used DAL to stay afloat in 2014, causing a huge breakdown to the then huge DAL fanbase. If anything, they have made us suffer.

It's not as much as it used to be. This is probably gonna be the last season to give the final few LN volumes a boost. Honestly, don't expect much

I'm not saying that is sad that IMS is dead, but the fact that them dying was the only way to give us a different studio because neither the author or Kadokawa care about the quality of the series.

At least IMS won't be animating it.

Sometimes it takes extreme cases for this kind of thing to happen. This is a positive thing.

No.

What? Production IMS is closing down? Bummer. I liked Active Raid.

>DAL S1 happens
>studio bankrupts
>new studio does S2
>it's a horrible mess of animation and neat extra yoshino scenes
>S3 announced
>studio bankrupts

wew lads

Looks like the guy who wrote one of the tweets is a freelance animator and says thet weren't getting paid.

let's hope for the best

At least they just announced it but had nothing done yet, also I've been looking for that pic for a long time so DAL is safe for now.

IMS not animating the new season is already the best outcome possible.

Whoa, such a shame Neps didn't get a terrible rushed S2 full of QUALITY and instead got like 10 new games since then.

Silver Link or Madhouse.

That's the very original pic taken from the stream when it paused right on that frame, so take care of it

I don't know why anyone would want a Nep anime. The designs can't be replicated and that is the only reason anyone is following the series. The anime wasn't very good either especially the last few episodes.

Sunrise, but they are lazy as fuck with LoveLive, Code Geass and others so scratch them out.

I just wanted the director replaced. Looks like that is a possibility now.

Would anyone happen to be informed enough to know what studios the production committee has worked with before? it would probably be one of them

They have not done anything yet.

I doubt the director will be the same if season 3 is not cancelled and the series goes to another studio.

Nowadays, anybody with major experience making anime can work in whichever studio. Especially freelancers.

And you know what taht means user? No more garbage original episode. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to give a 12-episode season an original episode. Becuase of that Yoshino's arc was covered in 2 episodes.

We still don't know how season if season 3 will be good or not but at least we know it won't be a shitshow like DAL II.

I really hope the new director will be smart enough to realize that a filler episode is fucking unnecessary in a 12 episodes series.

Tsunako designs for harem stuff since always, kill yourself secondary.

I gues it's good what happened. I doubt anyone else thinks that a short anime of 12 episodes needs original episodes. I hope DAL will be in good hands now, user.

I waited so long for this and of course it has to be Pulchra, fuck.

I gave up on DAL figs since the first ones were made. It seems like the quality of the products are still the same or slighty better which is not saying much.

They seem to like DAL.

Do you know how Anime works? It was Kadokawa and the label who would and did announce the anime. The studio is never much in terms of the production committee so they will just go for another studio and whoever accepts the contract. Not what this retard said

Guess it'll take some time before all of this is settled. IMS is no longer apparently.

My only hope is that they don't go through an art style change. That was the one good thing.

Any competent studio can do it. Just not A-1, they lost me when they made qualidea.

If that is the case then why did Kadokawa decided that IMS would be in charge of making DAL II when they were a new studio at the time who were recovering from a previous bankrupt? If I was them I'd have ditched them after the disaster that was DAL II or just cancel it after the first episode.

>qualidea
Forgot about that. Yeah, it's better if they avoid A-1.

Multiple factors really. Generally prefer to stick to it with an already established partner for consistency, cost and time, relationships between producers, etc. It sucks in some ways and is good in others.

Why shouldn't Kadokawa go for IMS? They obviously bid for the contract and won and got the job.

That'll be difficult. Especially if DAL is having a studio change, a new staff will be put together for it.

Shirobako wasn't exactly fake on this end, but I doubt they play mahjong doing it.

This means that the project will be delayed by another three years.

Lerche, they make their shows look good.

The LN has 1 or 2 years at most before it ends. If they are going to pick up new studio it must be now.

What about directing? IMS was improving animationwise but they sucked at everything else.

Then it's simply better to fold the project. It's not like battle harem highschools are trendy anymore. Perhaps in a decade or so, generation z and alpha will eat that shit up.

Except it is known the number of Encores have to be 10, this year we get the 7th. We have 3 more to go meaning we still have 3 years.

That depends mostly on the director, there have been cases of so-so studios that hired a good director and the pacing and direction of the show turned out to be good.

>it is known the number of Encores have to be 10
Did they author say that or something? Kurumi's arc can go any longer and next arc should be last one with 3 volumes as max. So if they author keeps releasing 2 volumes per year that leave us 2 years at most.

Fairy Fencer anime when?

You can tell he wants to release every female character on an encore cover. Also, we don't know if there'll be any delays when Tachibana is working in the anime, authors are very supportive when it comes to anime adaptations of their stories nowadays.

Yeah but they announced season 3 last month, if they wait too much people will lose interest in an era where battle harem series are no longer popular.

AIC died so Strike Witches and other anime went to other studios

>AIC died
Now it' officially sinking. Reminder that IMS is AIC but with no money.

People will lose interest temporally. Until they show actual key animation and PVs. It's true harems are not that popular anymore but some of them still can go on.