What was your first introduction to anime like?

What was your first introduction to anime like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E-bBwRhcxM0
youtube.com/watch?v=l7R-rXjukIc
youtube.com/watch?v=LogFq-8VHR0
youtube.com/watch?v=bBHZ_fN3ljo
es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Sensaciones_Sónicas
youtube.com/watch?v=bb_8PJ4Wqjo
youtube.com/watch?v=cUI6UJpix3U
youtube.com/watch?v=_cppcuCU4tI
youtube.com/watch?v=SPBQiNmhxbI
youtube.com/watch?v=xj5Cn737TyU
youtube.com/watch?v=Vjs3GW3dD_s
youtube.com/watch?v=SB7n9idt4ec
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Samurai Pizza Cats and the like on local tv. But I really got into it when I discovered Locomotion, RIP.

me acabo de dar cuenta que he sido un otaku desde ya hace 17 años
>youtube.com/watch?v=E-bBwRhcxM0

Back when it wasn't reality shows

It was Locomotion that introduced me to anime. You have great taste, by the way.

>Samurai Pizza Cats
This was my first anime.

I saw Monster Rancher and all the Toonami shows, but it wasn't until Adult Swim that I really got into anime.

spics had locomotion
murrica had adult swim
italy had mtv
france had canale+

Just like Loco but for kids, with them having both Western and Eastern cartoons, and more

When I watched my first hentai called Kanon. It turned out there is no hentai. It was really a big mistake.

Whoops forgot pic

These guys had were rad at localizing their stuff, on top of airing the more niche shows for both east and west.

Too bad.

Pretty much.
Now all have the internet, yet taste has worsen for all countries.

Locomotion is such a sad tale
>gets bough out by sony
>turned into Animax since it had an audience with anime
>in half a decade sony slowly replaces anime with teen live action drama shit
>eventually one day has an ad that said to the viewer "Removing anime" as a robot arm CG thing tossed two windows with Hellsing and FMA playing to the bin and then "Replacing with all new teen content" as it placed two new windows of shitty telenovelas
The channel kept doing that shit and airing reruns of lost that sony eventually renamed it Sony Spin
Such a shame

A friend of a friend was hugely into Himouto! Umaru-chan when it came out, so I gave it a watch.
And then I fell into the spiral of anime.

Television introduces me to things...

Watching Dragona Ball and Ranma1/2 before anyone else. Back when not everyone had TV cable.

Sometimes I think they made it fail on porpuse, like when they decided to put a bunch of shitty 60s remake animes of poor quiality or the fact that they showed reruns of the "adult block" at 10 in the morning.

Watching YGO on CN was my start. They also showed a few other anime at the time. Watched more stuff when we got Animax, and never looked back afterwards.

Asia has Animax
Flipland has above and Hero

Same as me. I loved that fucking channel.

That was the first time I saw DYRL and became a macrossfag since then.

youtube.com/watch?v=l7R-rXjukIc

This.
Not even a huehue.
Lucky thing brazilian portuguese its easy to understand even to a 6yo shota like me at the time.

I love their trailer for Akira
youtube.com/watch?v=LogFq-8VHR0
The Evangelion one was great too
youtube.com/watch?v=bBHZ_fN3ljo
These fuckers knew how to sell an anime

It was probably Ranma and Dragon Ball when I was like 4. Although I can't remember anything about the former right now, I just know that I watched it.

Who /lollipop/ here?
I love how they tried to pass XXXholic as some sort of erotic anime, they probably though that the "xxx" on the title would trick someone.

Stan's dad doing the voice over is patrician as fuck.

Animax was doomed from the start. An anime cable channel works when other anime delivery paths are blocked or difficult. But they were trying to convince people to watch old dubbed anime series just when broadband was getting widespread and piracy was easier than ever.

Still, I have fond memories of Locomotion, mostly because they didn't stick with japanese anime, but was open to experimental animation from around the world. Mostly because they didn't have the rights for hot new anime...

I remember Sakura Mail and how lewd it was, but it doesn't beat the memories of watching Agent Aika in Locomotion. So many panty shots, I'm still desensitized to this day

It was going to die sooner or later, even if it didn't make the change to Animax. No anime channel can survive in a time where you can download any airing anime with subs in a matter of minutes thanks to the internet.

kinda weird that animax in other countries actually licensed and showed new anime.

animax in germany just had stuff from companies that put out stuff on DVD. its stll avaible in germany, only as a streaming service...

the worst part about the tween and Jersey Shore-like shows is that while they worked for other channels like MTV, Loco/Animax's audience was the kind of people who despised that sort of programming

Naruto.

I really like Boruto so far as its fun to see your childhood hero finally become the Hokage.

I don't remember exactly, I feel like I was watching anime all my entire live.

Locomotion, CN, Magic Kids, FoxKids (who became Jetix after some years), Nick(They only had Yu-Gi-Oh! IIRC), Animax, you name it. Yeah, I'm a spic if you didn't noticed it.

Man, I remeber watching CCS in hue form some hue channel, and watching Cyber Team in Locomotion subbed (I still remember how exited I was as a kid from hearing characters speaking japanese besides OPs and EDs.)

Good times. Fuck, I feel so nostalgic right now.

I guess it's easy if you are a spic
t. spic who would watch Brazilian versions of channels because their programming started before due to timezones

My first introduction as "first anime ever watched" were Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Saint Seiya, typical spic stuff.
But the anime that truly got me into anime was Akira (my brother had a bootleg DVD and decided to show me), that's when I decided that I wanted to see more chinese cartoons.

Indeed.
I remember watching Super Sentai stuff that didn't even aired in my country(ima white argie). And stuff like Saint Seiya, or Dragon Ball several months prior to most channels from other countries like peruvian America or Chilevision. Magic Kids aired those shows like half a year after.

This and this basically.

God, Locomotion was my favorite TV channel ever. I got introduced to so many series there.

Holy fuck, you're reminding me of how awesome these guys presented the channel.

The Evangelion one specially send shivers down my 15 year old self.

reminds me of Sensaciones Sónicas, a
Mexican dubbing company

>very succesful in the 90s, getting to have a contract with Warner and Cartoon Network.
>late 2000s
>Apparently the president's wife is influencing the company
>she and her siblings appear as VAs in several shows
>only experience is a bannd they took part in
>2011
>President sells shares to his wife's family, the Urbáns
>bad managing and budget cutting ensues
>no dub directing, bad translations, VAs not understanding what's going on
>This band of siblings gets thrown in as voice actors, disastrous results
>VAs start to leave and Cartoon Network cancels their contract until they get their shit straight
They eventually did though.

Also, how can we know the Urbáns were at it even before the buyout? Their voices are in the only Latino dubbed hentai

Was a bit much for 8 year old me - but by the time I was 10 it was one of my favorites.

What a shitshow es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Sensaciones_Sónicas

Chilevision had a fuckton of battle shounen and mechashit.
The first anime I can remember watching is Evangelion, they used to air it a lot but it was too edgy for a kid.

>magic kids
eres Argentino? o latino con televisión por cable?

La perubolica

Who club del anime here
>tfw she's an actual weeb and has photos of her going to japan with her boyfriend on twitter

Magic Kids was a cable channel, even for argentines.

>Sakura Mail
>Agent Aika

Agent Aika was just too much gratuitous panty shots. I thought Sakura Mail was better.

I only knew half of the story.
It's even sadder than I thought.

I think the first anime i saw on tv was sailor moon and i've watched a lot on pic related

My first waifu was a reverse trap.
youtube.com/watch?v=bb_8PJ4Wqjo

youtube.com/watch?v=cUI6UJpix3U

wasn't some studio trying to revive Princess Knight with a remake?

youtube.com/watch?v=_cppcuCU4tI

dude this is beautiful

I remember this shit, I watched Slayers, Dr Slump, Ghost hunter Mikami and a lot more. That thing had a lot of anime on it, pretty good channel.

it was Saturday Anime on the sci-fi channel back in the day,then it was sailor moon & pokemon,after that toonami and adult swim

who is this fluid druid ?

youtube.com/watch?v=SPBQiNmhxbI

youtube.com/watch?v=xj5Cn737TyU

Some busty latina.

I loved how they sold the shows as being more erotic that they actualy where. Im also kind of bafled that they showed reruns of the block in the morning when kids could be watching.

I almost feel like they where trying to kill the channel on poupuse with shit like this or showing those "satanic animes" on a demografic that was mostly catolic at the time.

I'm a fucking old beaner

>trying to kill the channel on poupuse with shit like this or showing those "satanic animes" on a demografic that was mostly catolic at the time.
Nah, it works perfectly to attract people and make them say "ohh those guys are putting some forbidden shit there", for an audience of curious, rebellious, and weirdos

shit. That evanglion commercial gets me hyped even now

Taco here, I remember me and my cousins were super excited about mazinger z.

one of my first animes was dragon quest. I still watch it to this day

Totally underated Was dragón quest dai no daibouken el valiente fly

shitty program but I appreciate the fact that she was a big fan of HNK and always mentioned it.

The fuckers managing Animax didn't even knew what shit were they airing.
How did Locomotion made an interesting programming schedule with some old ass shows+experimental animation? Im talking about Locomotion pre-anime, it was a really interesting channel back then.

Locomotion was nice at first but the last two or three years it got repetitive as fuck, I lost the count how many times they made reruns of evangelion just to name one series, it seemed that they didn't even care or just ran out of money

Pokemon, Dragon Ball, the usual. I didn't really keep up with them and the only way I could get them was by some DVDs that they sold alongside newspapers, all dubbed in my language. I didn't get into anime though until many years later when attack on titan blew up.

>or just ran out of money
That's what happened. Why do you think they pulled that lollipop panties and music CD shit, and later had to sold the station?

UK

First known was Pokemon in 98 (largely due to an extensive fearture on it in the then legendry C&VG magazine back when the whole Porygon todo was going on).

First watched was Samurai Pizza Cats on ITV.

That said SciFi’s Saturday morning anime block (Saykio Exciting) came at the right time to augment Digimon Tamers with Evangelion and (importantly) the lighter Nadesico.

CN uk tried to do good by us with CNX and Toonami but it never really went anywhere. Ditto sony’s me too animax clone, anime central.

The less said about Naruto’s jetix airing the better.

this lollipop shit was the dumbest thing ever

youtube.com/watch?v=Vjs3GW3dD_s

youtube.com/watch?v=SB7n9idt4ec

Only real niggas will remember

Hell, if you count Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, I've been watching anime since long before I even knew what that was.