Just watched the first episode of this for the first time and what the actual fuck was that?

Just watched the first episode of this for the first time and what the actual fuck was that?
Sup Forums acts like this is literally the jesus of anime, episode one reinhard basically just attacks individual fleets of 13000 with his fleet of 20000 and this show is trying its best to portray him as a strategic master mind? why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vd1sxsJ0zJg?t=335
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The combat actually gets worse

Maybe watch the other 109 episodes retard.

He had the numeric advantage and used it. What's the problem with that?

Yes you're right, there's nothing else to the show. Might as well stop right now, everyone who likes it is clearly wrong.

He was at a total numeric disadvantage, if those sorts of number distributions were really that big of a factor and they already knew the size of his fleet why not distribute into numbers that can factor for him?
I'll probably give it a few more episodes, maybe chalk this one up to it being the pilot and trying to pitch a lot at once but one of the opposing commanders noted at the start that he was expecting "another one of his strange plans" or something to that effect and it really had me expecting some lelouchian shit after they had hyped the disadvantage.

And why the fuck is everyone so nonchalant about thousands of people fucking dying?
Like composure is one thing but this shit is rediculous.

This. It's actually an inside joke we have here on Sup Forums. Haha, you fell for it!

LOGH is a character drama first and foremost, anyone who tells you to watch it for the battles or the "politics" is a deluded sacred cow worshiper.

It's a good show, just don't get hung up on the details.

>Code Geass
>intelligent strategy
Abandon thread. OP confirmed for literal retard.

Just you wait

Where did I say intelligent strategy?
I said the commander was expecting a "strange plan" lelouch is a commander known for doing unexpected shit. It's not intelligent, it's just unexpected, but what I got simply wasn't creative or unexpected or anything all that impressive.
I'll give it it's chance.

I'm just bustin your balls. But seriously, continue the show. If you don't like it by ep. 20, I'd say its not gonna get any better for you.

This is my favorite show ever I put it on my 3x3

There are some genuinely entertaining space battles later on, but like that other user said, the strongest part is the characters. Especially the best one.

Eh, it kind of dragged for me until the second season, but after that I blew through the next 80 episodes in like two weeks.

legend of the gay lactating homos

OP just needs to finish the series before the threads are forever ruined by a flood of animeonly shitposters from the remake.

Your first mistake is starting with the OVAs and not the fucking pilot movie literally intended as the starting point.

Oh god I can see it now.

Golden wings?

I don't know if this is bait shitpost or not, but fuck you either way.

nvm golden wings came up first for some reason when i was googling around.
y-you too snob faggot-kun
ty

Kill yourself.

No idiot, that's the second movie made literally way later, halfway into the OVA series.

You're supposed to watch the first movie, then either go straight into the OVA series, or watch the second movie (which is an extended version of OVA episodes 1 and 2) and then start OVA series from Episode 3.

You told him literally wrong, get cancer and die you newfag reddit subhuman.

Just watch the rest you homo, I know you'll like it. I'll go back to rewatching it now.

>Engages 4th Fleet, the Alliance carriers are unable to launch their fighters and so Reinhard's Valkyries give him a decisive advantage
>Ambushes the 6th Fleet, the Alliance vessels are completely massacred as expected
>Finally encounters trouble when engaging the 2nd Fleet
There is literally nothing wrong with the Battle of Astarte.

You are supposed to watch the movie you dumbass. It's a retelling of the first two episodes.

the shows only upside is its scale. its quite impressive that it manages to never really feel drawn out or stale thanks to its gigantic cast. dont do the mistake to pay attention to any of the details, though. it will ruin your experience completely. lotgh has the most ludicrous fanbase in all of anime and is arguable the most overrated show of the medium. bear in mind that its still good, just not even remotely as good as a lot of people will try to make you believe. its overall quality only drops if you actually start to assess the product objectively, because suddenly things like shoddy animation and visual quality, that are fairly present throughout the first third, as well as the fact that they didnt compose a single one of the songs themselves (which results in a shit ton of audio directional hiccups) severly degrades the staffs accomplishment. i personally think that anyone who claims for this to be artlands greatest work to suffer from some mental deficiency.

t. Captain Contrarian

dont know whats contrarian about acknowledging that the production values are all over the place, that the visuasl are incredibly lackluster for the a pretty big chunk of the first half and that copy pasting acclaimed classical pieces is not something that a studio should be credited for, especially when it results in a lot of audio directional issues like the music speeding up or climxaing when the scene itself would need it to end instead, which results in shit ton of very unfortunate cuts. but like i said, lotgh has the most delusional and insufferable fanbase in the entire medium, so thanks for proving me right.

>That the visuals are incredibly lackluster for the a pretty big chunk of the first half
The animation quality of LotGH's first season is pretty average for something made in the late 80s, but it's a moot point as you're doing something very wrong if you're watching the show for its visuals.
>copy pasting acclaimed classical pieces is not something that a studio should be credited for
So I take it that you would also detract points from "2001: A Space Odyssey" for its use of classical music? The effort that goes into selecting which piece of music is played during a particular scene is far greater than you seem to think.
>it results in a lot of audio directional issues like the music speeding up or climaxing when the scene itself would need it to end instead, which results in shit ton of very unfortunate cuts
I have never seen this complaint levied against the show before, and I suspect it's because you haven't actually listened to the original compositions and are just making shit up.
>LotGH has the most delusional and insufferable fanbase in the entire medium
I'll agree that LotGH isn't the masterwork of philosophy that some make it out to be, but compared to other anime and even Western space operas it certainly stands out

you dont watch this for the battles

Different guy here, I think you're right. However for me the production value didn't ruin the viewing experience at all which was 10/10 for the most part. I don't know why but I was just able to get really into it and forget anything bad in the show. I think that feeling carries over into some people's arguments too.

>the most
That's not fate or eva or monogatari's fans.
Thanks for proving yourself to be a contrarian retard, now i can be assured not to take your arguments seriously.

I had to drop it at the Iserlohn episodes. The battles handed an idiot ball with the density of a neutron star to the villainous admirals in an attempt to make one side look smart. Classically unsubtle anime writing. I expected better.

>sir, the station is under attack!
>gee whiz better not go help while we still have control, I'm scared
>sir they say they've taken the station and activated the superlaser
>THE FOOLS, CHAAAAAARGE

I'd give it a chance. Its got great characters and decent intrigue just don't expect a philosophical masterpiece.

The first half of the show had so many incompetent and braindead admirals.

>*forms semi circle*
psssssssh nothing personel

Don't worry, retards like that don't live very long like you saw. The universe runs out of them eventually.

I think that it's really suppose to be that, it's meant to highlight how corrupt and incompetent the leadership of the Empire and FPA has become, it's just done in an extremely ham-fisted manner. Some thing I always wonder though is if the neutron star denseness of the leaders of both faction is a new phenomenon or if we're to assume it's always been like that. I can't imagine that a war could go on for centuries with out a Yang or Reinhard popping up much earlier than they did.

I dropped this because I was sick of all the Gary stues.

You can portray incompetent leaders without their behavior being wildly inconsistent even by their own incompetent standards, though. It made no fucking sense for the guy to decide to rush the fortress when he'd been pissing himself with fear minutes ago. They could've at least had him do it out of a sense of necessity to show high command that he fought, rather than genuine belief that he'd win.

name ONE gary stu, not including julian

>semi-circles
You'd think after literally hundrends of years of space-naval warfare they'd have optimized the way the gunlines are reinforced.

Maybe if you didn't drop, you'd realize there are no Gary Stues

code geass was better

I should probably watch that one of these days.

LoGH's forte was never space battles and strategy, they are at best mediocre. The characters and their interactions are what made the show great (for me at least).

this anime is for patient people. simple as that. donĀ“t let its stupid fanbase ruin the anime for you and be more patient. the story slowly starts to grow in you.

That's tactics, not strategy. The show will be more enjoyable if you learn the difference.

Is there a lot of gore in this show? if there is then I'll watch it

Lelouch dies.

Sup Forums cries.

Not at all. Gory scenes like pic related happened 2 or 3 times over 110 episodes.

>that trap-fancying necrophile
Do you think he actually wanted to kill Reinhard, or secretly hoped for a chance to rape him tenderly?

But Zeta is even more shit that LoGH, so it's you who gets laughed at

Is there a worst meme than
>It gets better after 80 episodes

Thanks for the (you), I guess it's a little lower on my list now.

thats like another 50 hours or so

youtu.be/vd1sxsJ0zJg?t=335

No

This