Best selling battle harem anime of all time

>best selling battle harem anime of all time
>now completely forgotten
How do you screw up a cash cow franchise as hard as Infinite Stratos?

Other urls found in this thread:

anichart.net/winter-2015
forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=6094350#post6094350
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By being a faggot writer that gets buttmad over fans disliking his waifu

What happened?

>completely forgotten
They just released a new mobile game.

He released volumes regularly, like a new one every few months, and then the anime exploded the series popularity. Seems like he didn't get shit for money though and everyone hated on both Houki, his waifu, and Rin, the girl based on his actual wife. He got lazy for a while, then negotiated a better contract and moved to a new publisher. Now he's just much slower, doing so many books in a few years probably burnt him out.

>doing so many books in a few years probably burnt him out.
No, that's just bullshit. Have you seen the word count on the average light novel? These things aren't exactly LotR sized novels. If you can't push out five short chapters of cliched harem shenanigans dreck every few months (which is all IS is at this point) you're just a failure of a writer, period.
It's not like he's writing high literature here. Hell, he's not even writing any real plot at this point, just filler romcom shit.

This is what happens when you let fame get to your head.
He thought he was hot shit and demanded a better paycheck, but turns it he was replaceable all along.

By throwing all the girls under the bus to suck Houki's cock.

ITT: butt hurt Charfags

It's barebones cash grab garbage just like the last mobile app they released, don't bother with it.

I suppose it's hopeless to hope for an S3 is it?

Anyone have a summary of volume 11 of the LNs? I heard Japan really hated it but it can't be worse than the previous volume can it?

Who Britain here?

what kind of logic is this? so you should create things for the soul purpose of other people profiting off you and live like shit no matter what?

>battle harem is dead
>isekai is the new hotness

WHY

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

I have to agree with this user. Also probably not a great comparison but even syosetsuka ni narou's authors manage to push out a few chapters every single week. Not all of them of course but some work their ass off to get noticed and retain their popularity, no idea what came up with IS's author though.

Kill houki and Ichika

Each one doesn't feel as cookie cutter as a battle harem I guess?

Remember that one year we got like 4-5 battle harem airing in the same season?

Winter 2015 I believe it was or something like that.

IS got nothing on HS in terms of killing a cash cow.

It's actually surprisingly okay. It's pretty unpolished in a lot of areas but most of the new girls are cute and there's some good art to be found even if a half of it is phoned in garbage.
The plot is also hilariously stupid (ALIEN INVASION) but the character interaction is miles above what Yumizuru writes simply because the girls aren't acting like jealous violent cunts all the time for slapstick humor value, and that's what really matters.

And like two of them were direct IS knockoffs.
Bahamut and Hundred if I recall correctly.

>no idea what came up with IS's author though
Probably just got depressed and lost the drive to work because people trash his writing nonstop.

I actually like broom, but its pretty fucking obvious that Charl is the best girl. Why would he make a best girl if he didn't want her to be best girl?

Rin is irrelevant, not even in the same classroom

Fall 2015 was Asterisk vs Rakudai with Antinagic winning as the dark horse for actually being a fun light novel series. It's probably the year before in 2014 you're referring to with like absolute duo, world break, fafnir, etc

World Break actually got a cult following in Japan because it was such fun garbage. People really got hooked onto the whole chuunibyou spell writing thing they did.

That was last Winter I believe, but you are correct on those cases.

Winter 2015 had:

>Isuca
>Absolute Duo
>Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha
>Seiken Tsukai no World Break
>Juuou Mujin no Fafnir

For reference:

anichart.net/winter-2015

Was Hundred 2015 or 2016?

It was early 2016 I think.

Char is best gril

honestly harems are boring

the people involve never fuck anyway

Rin wasn't hated. She was just less popular then most popular girls.

His butthurt came from Houki.

Rin actually gets a lot of relevance in the ISAB mobage thanks to Luan being introduced.

>isekai is the new hotness
This is not true. Isekai is flopping as well.

No isekai anime even sold 20k. Shit is flooding LN industry but that's it.

Is this one of the reasons isekai became so popular? Bet a lot of Japs said the same thing and the authors then simply delivered.

I was always expecting that Tabane is preparing the world for alien invasion.

Anime sales as a whole are down, back then you used to have multiple 10-20k+s per season, these days there's 1 of those at most.

WE ARE THE SAVERS

Honestly the stupidest fucking part about Yumizuru's attempt to uplift Houki over the other girls is how he tried to cram her into an entirely different archetype to show off her superiority.
She started off as the tsundere samurai girl archetype, which is perfectly fine since a lot of people like this archetype anyways. But then when he realized people preferred Char over Houki he started trying to slam this notion of Houki being a "Yamato Nadeshiko" over and over into the reader's head. Like, Char was the one with the Yamato Nadeshiko personality prior to her character assassination so Yumizuru apparently thought people would like Houki more if he slapped the label on her without EVEN REALLY CHANGING HER PERSONALITY, WHICH WAS THE POLAR OPPOSITE OF THE YAMATO NADESHIKO IDEAL.

In the Isekai MC and harems acutally fuck rather thank blue balling

I'd say isekai are popular because it's literal escapism to another world

that, and the the protags get a cheat skill as part of the deal

That's two things an average person wants

>huge tits and Saori Hayami as a seiyuu
>waste them on a smelly Thai curry
Why is this allowed?

>Laura gets a big sister
>now Rin gets a little sister
Is it a sister bargain sale at IS Academy or something?
At this rate we're going to get introduced to Charlotte's big bad evil half sister and Cecilia's adoptive loli imouto or something.

what is overlord for one?
Also
>disc sales
>determining which LN flopped
they're cheap commercials that aren't even meant to sell that much. It depends on the volume of LNs boosted by it. If it does manage to sell its like a bonus madhouse for example kept thanking the audience for such a good reception since they really weren't expecting it.
The real success of Overlord for example was managing to pump up its single volume sales up to more than 150k and thats' only according to the oricon weekly rankings, in relaity its much much more than that, its like a mini SAO at this point.

As for stuff like Re:Zero, Konosuba, and even Knights and Magic and Youjo Senki these were in no way flops.
The Publishers are also seeing their success. Having the narou WN readers+new LN readers+new readers that come in from anime adaption are very much worth it hence why they even gave the likes of Smartphone and Kenja no Mago an ok even if its not much they are very much worth it. Hell smartphone turns out manage to sell even here like hotcakes thanks to Steiner's Shilling.

>Kadokawa IP
>not getting screwed
Pick one.

The blame is entirely on the author in this one.
It's not even a Kadokawa property anymore.

>be Rin
>get constantly fucked by your right wing nationalist author with a hate boner for China
Isn't it sad Rin?

Its Overlap.

>Char was the one with the Yamato Nadeshiko personality prior to her character assassination
WHAT DID HE DO TO MY CHARL??

But Rin was based off of his wife.

Clearly he has some misgivings about his marriage then.

He wanted a Houki but got a Rin IRL instead

Neuter her character to be in line with the rest of the harem.
>Ichika does something romantic with one girl
>the other girls get jelly and beat him up with military ordinance
>Ichika gets in an accidental perverted situation with a girl
>the other girls get jelly and beat him up with military ordinance
>Ichika exists
>the girls get jelly and beat him up for no reason
Some people will argue that the "Angel of Death" part of her personality was always there but later on pretty much even the "Angel" part of that is discarded in favor of making her part of the amorphous harem blob of jelly possessive cockblocking psychopaths.

Fuck, he ruined her. Good thing I will never read that garbage and Charl will stay pure in my mind

She did that shit at the end of her own arc and the end of season 1. There was nothing to ruin.

You milk it to the ground, focus on too many girls and yet dont do anything more than screen time, and then pick only one and ignore the rest. It was doomed pretty early on had you seen the signs

Because it took him long time to release a new LN volume

The problem is that in the first season, the characters had ample time to establish and showcase their personalities in solo scenes and you could write off the occasional slapstick violence moment as out of character writing for the sake of comedy. The exceptions to this would be Houki and Rin since they beat up Ichika even when they're not part of the group.

But season 2 onwards the girls get increasingly little time to showcase their own personalities and pretty much just act as a group (fucking Ichika's shit up) the majority of the time. Most of the writing is also devoted to said slapstick comedy rather than serious character moments. So you pretty much have no choice but to write them all off as crazy tsundere cunts since that's what they are for the vast majority of their screentime unless you ignore everything onwards from season 1.
Kanzashi is the only one exempt from this since she seems to have become the creator's pet and is explicitly not included in all moments of harem violence. Not that it really matters because she has no fans to begin with but it's annoying as hell to see the favoritism the author has for Japanese girls.

>Missing the chance to pissing all Houki haters off
He really should learn how to fuck cancerous fanbase right in their fucking asses from Kubo.

What are you smoking? His blatant Houki favoritism has been obvious from the very first volume. There's nothing more he can do to piss them off outside of actually ending the series already with Houki and Ichika's marriage.

Infinite Stratos would've been better off as a reverse harem, Y/N?

>a bunch of strong, asshole military men casually asserting ownership over a meek and shy girl and beating her when she talks back
It would certainly trigger a lot of feminists.

Pick your poison, Sup Forums.

If only brown was a loli

Wasn't Yumizuru a whiny, lazy faggot? Shithead got really lucky with IS.

He literally threw a fit and demanded his publisher to stop publishing Chinese copies of his novel in China when he found out, clearly there's something going on here.

This is even more accurate than the usual genderswap because gender roles are supposedly swapped in the world of IS.

Ichika is actually a strong Japanese man who don't need no woman.

Because of the constant shilling of worst girl Houki. Annoying tsundere shits should kill themselves for wasting oxygen.

>Houkihater tears flowing to this day

Why the hell isn't there an American girl yet?

How do you level up in this game? Couldn't find the battle spot needed to get the points to level up.
And is anyone making an english guide for this game?

Your receive unit EXP from battle, but it's an incredibly small amount, small to the point that you have to wonder why they even put it in to begin with. The real way to level up your units is with the Energy you get from battle rewards.

You get a decent amount of Energy from regular battles and a massive event from the Energy quest in the Event Quest tab. Early on though the fastest way to get energy is just to beat the first battle and then spam all your AP on using the Skip function (yes, you can skip completed battles and get all the rewards instantly) until you level up your player level a ton and get a fuckton of Energy you can use to level up your main team. After your main team is max level you can steamroll the highest difficulty Energy quest for more Energy (event quests can't be skipped unfortunately).

Link provided:

forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=6094350#post6094350

Sorry if its animesuki. Click on "show" to view spoiler.

Thanks for the info, just found out that there is a skip battle function from your post lol. But if I'm already in chapter 3, is it more optimal to farm for exp points there?

And what's the use of pic related?

Thanks for the info btw

>basing a girl on your wife that you know is meant to be fan service for otaku

thats kind of weird

post red head semen demon imouto

Who?

>but its pretty fucking obvious that Chifuyu is the best girl
FTFY

The incest is real?

No because some of the most popular isekai don't have sex. Those that are full sex usually sell like shit.

At this point in time I wouldn't be surprised if the author burned American flags. It would be right in line with his other insanity.

There is, she's just not important.

>toddler Ichika

Cute.
Are there any translated LNs out there with a preferably blood-related onee-san end? I have an itch that needs scratching something fierce.

More difficult battles give out more better rewards, so obviously you want to use the skip function on the latest story battle you've completed.

Those items are evolution materials, they're used to evolve your cards, which increases your stats without affecting your level and unlock more skills. In my opinion, it's faster to max level your units first for raw stats before moving onto farming evolution mats.

Houki >Tatenashi > Ran > Ling > Kanzashi > Charlotte > Cecilia >>> Shit > laura

But Arifureta and Death March both have sexual intercourse in them user and both of them sell like hotcakes. They even got an anime adaption.
Same with MT which is by far the most popular isekai on narou.

Neither of them sell as much as Konosuba or Slime Reincarnation which don't have sex.

Houki is so cute.

Shame she is a cunt.

I bet she's weak to anal.

Its really a shame that you being a hypocrite hater-faggot with her.

by pushing worst girl

i guess it wasnt so infinite after all bwahahaha

>He thought he was hot shit and demanded a better paycheck
I mean, he's writing for a living. Wanting to be paid more for your writing isn't exactly something out there.

>spoiler
Are there even any (decent) untranslated ones with a BR ane end? Older sisters are eternally neglected for some reason.

Charlotte is worst girl after laura

Canadian twins are great.