Mob Psycho 100

twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/943053353696628736
Final chapter 101 is coming out in 3 days.

>Final chapter
It's been long overdue.

Am I the only one who was kind of disappointed by this final arc?
After the Broccoli incident, I was kinda expecting something more grand.

So it is the final chapter huh, no time skip. Well, it was a fun ride, one of the best battle shonens for sure, wonder what ONE will be working on next.

This is good news because this means no more hope for season 2 for this garbage

me too. Tbh one should have ended it right after that.

hell yeah more time for the better series I guess.

Still printing money with OPM

>inb4 it's an isekai.

I am the oposite, disliked the broccoli, loved this last one.

I hope that he'll plan the plot of his next work a little better.

>Mob is hit by truck kun in the last chapter and is isekai'd to a fantasy world
>Please read our next work!

Me too. But I think the whole point of MP100 is to be simple and grow up more as a person, so it kinda fits.

>expecting a hack to be a decent writer.
KEK

what did you expect? I really enjoyed the last arc,it gave closure to a lot of relationship stuff, explained mobs ???, had a lot of destruction going on, and even the mighty truck-kun made an appearance and was the first one to almost beat mob

same this series has gone to shit real fast after Broccoli. Alien arc was stupid and forced then the confessing arc is just stupid and too much drama with muh real me.

Literally the best time to end it.
It was a nice ride.

You done

>no teru backstory or development,always doomed to be on mob's shadow
>no reigen backstory
>no closure with the cult arc
>no development for mezato
>mogami still out there
>zero development between tsubomi and mob even as friends. seriously the whole "childhood friends" that was the only thing that made it different than a shallow crush was wasted, mob was no different than the hundred of guys bothering tsubomi at the start of chapter 100

This. What did ONE mean by ending it now?

This is the generic garbage that ruined opm.

>Mob Psycho

i thought one punch is ending
that does make any sense

TN

it's not selling

I dont like the 0.2 chapter naming scheme.
Why not just call them "chapter 1, chapter 2" etc?
Also I pretty much lost interest after the broccoli, like who cares after that.

I've never seen so many faggots congregated in one location.

good
hopefully it's a full chapter and not 5 pages every week

Hmmm I dont know user
If only ONE had a succesfull and established franchise to work on then maybe he would focus on that

But oh well
A shame he dont have that right?
retard

>Mob destroyed 1 or 2 cities
>He won't face consequences for all the destruction and killing
>Dimpel is alive because fuck reasons
>That dumb girl waited for him during all the destruction
>Evil Mob is just gone
Fuck everything in this story.

You're absolutely right. i for one am looking forward to more Makai no Ossan.

I feel like the only one who actually enjoyed this last arc. ??? was finally adressed and it brought closure to most if not all of the supporting characters. It had some really moving moments like Dimple coming back, Reigen being finally honest, Teru's rival talk, Touichirou being a decent dad for once, Ritsu's 100%, fucking Mob bawling his eyes out after being rejected for the first time in his life, Mob finally accepting himself for who he is etc.
Really don't know what people expected.

>yfw She only rejected him because she was the one who wanted to confess to him in the future.

I was really enjoying it until the Dimple revival.

I GET that it's his schtick to come back from destruction, but the last time was an absolutely beautiful farewell, and then ONE decided to ruin it to continue his gag. Even if Dimple still dies after all if Reigen's comment means something, it's still gonna be an inferior death compared to the Psycho Helmet arc.

>muh real me
Good job missing the entire fucking point of the manga, holy hell.

I see where you're coming from. I myself was happy to see him back but I can understand that his sacrifice at the end of the Broccoli arc was undermined by his revival.

What really bother me is that he revive him to basically do jack shit, but in my opinion it doesn't ruin the work as a whole and it doesn't even ruin the ending desu

the reason was to make you think Reigen was gonna say I really have psychic powers.

which is strange since we're in a mob thread

Holy shit, more Ossan? Nice.

Can we post best girls now?

Title is Mob Psycho 100 its supposex to be around 100, what do you expect? The 101th chap signifies going past his self, and become a better person.

Tome was truly the best grill.

More for user with good taste

mob psycho is good, but overrated. i'm tired of:
>muh it's not your typical shonen

It's not your typical shonen though

Good riddance

>I was kinda expecting something more grand.
mob's meltdown is for me that "something".

I enjoyed all the arcs.

ok, but people use this as a good thing.
>hey, the mc doesn't want to be the hokage king, yay, masterpiece

>the protagonist doesn't want to be the hokage
Now that's rare. Let's be realistic, what shonens even do this?

Dimple's existence relies on belief.

So is he a god?

One stopped giving a fuck about Mezato due to lack of popularity imo.

No one cared for her in the anime..

actually animeonlyfags and retardedmanga readers ships him with Mob for some reason.

Will he return to OPM webcomic after this? hope so

the point is: just because the concept is different, doesn't mean the development is good. just because the concept is generic, doesn't mean the development is bad.

mob is a nice read, but far from a masterpiece.

HunterxHunter

>tumblr aka 99% of mob fanbase doesnt care for the only cute girl in the series
Surprising no one

Can't wait, this series kept delivering every time . it was unpredictable in all the best ways, thank you ONE! Hope this means season 2 soon as well.

He only cares about strong bald men now.

I actually kept up with it.
The manga was alright, and some arcs were GOAT (Mogami comes to mind, broccoli, the first Claw arc were great too). Overall, the way psychic abilities were shown in this "phony" light, where all the dumb urban legends are actually true to the word, was surprisingly fun. And overall juxtaposition of banality and wonder throughout the manga was great. In ONE's works the surroundings are always a bit banal, and that's what's great about them, in large part.
I still don't really like the manga that much, since it's way too preachy for me, and that grinds on my nerves. That's also bad, since so much of the manga depends on the reader agreeing with the philosophy of Mob and Reigen, but I just couldn't ever agree. Some of the arcs were pretty weak too, the low point being probably the overextended Claw Boss arc. Shonenlike battles was fine for the first part of the arc, but it really became boring after that.
Comparing to OPM, because that's honestly the reason I started reading, the humour in OPM is better, but the characters are way better in MP100. OPM doesn't have the same preachiness problems MP100 has, but I honestly can hardly care about any of the heroes, while in MP100 Dimple and Reigen were always a treat to watch. Saitama is more fun of a character than Mob, though.
Overall, I would say the series is above average, but not more. Still worth a read, though, and certainly has a distinct character. Don't regret picking it up.

>since it's way too preachy for me
examples?

The whole Teru arc is basically Teru beating up Mob, who refuses to fight back, because "muh powers can't be used to hurt people", even in self-defense against another psychic apparently.
In the end, Mob is knocked out, and lying on the floor bleeding is counted as a moral victory for him. Oh, but of course 10 seconds later Shigeo wakes up and wrecks Teru's shit anyway, just not as himself. This overwhelming power changes Teru's mind.
The resolution of the first half of the Claw arc. As much as I liked Reigen 100%, he was a dumbfuck. "Those guys tried to kidnap your brother and are attacking a bunch of school children with barely any psychic powers, right now, but don't you dare actually stand your ground. You should run away instead, somehow, I don't care how". And again, Mob's powers bail them out in the end, because they're just so bullshit.
Every single conflict has Mob convince others that having superior powers is no reason to believe you are more right than others. Why do others agree with him at all? Because he shows off his superior psychic powers, reluctantly, and if this crazy strong guy does that reluctantly, that means reluctance is the way.
And honestly, while I agree with the message that powers don't make you more right or straight-up "higher being" than others, comparing psychic powers to being able to run fast is just retarded. The first is vastly more useful. What should be done is using them to help people around you, instead of dismissing them because "muh natural muscles are better". Then again, the last arc kinda addressed that, I guess, at least. Maybe the last chapter will elaborate upon that too.
And it overall hits very hard with the whole "spring of youth", "become a better person", "find a job, you lazy bum" things constantly. Not like I disagree with those, but the overall way it was done lacks nuance for me.

I thought a big part of the teru fight and later parts of the series is that mob was also in the wrong at some level because he was rejecting part of himself because he considered it to have no value specifically because the girl he likes doesn't value it. Teru has one thing he's very good at and thus judges everyone's merit by that, while mob can only judge his own merit by things people he really cares about value, which is an awful mentality and one that gets disproved. That also feeds into the fact that MOB can talk to the villains (who each have superiority complexes based on their psychic abilities who, like teru, judge others ONLY based on the things they value thus putting themselves on a higher plane than everyone else to protect their fragile egos). The fact that in their own hierarchy (what they base their reality, or fantasy as reigen correctly points out) someone who's above them disproves their point kind of fucks with them. As for Reigen telling mob that he doesn't have to fight, I think that was because the only reason claw were fucking with mob is for his psychic abilities, something mb doesn't really care about. Mob shouldn't have to be beholden to other's expectations of him, nor be forced to go though in trying to fulfill those expectations. It was more to tell mob that he should just do whatever he truly wants to do and if things go south Reigen has his back, he doesn't have to worry about royally screwing things up.

>yfw it has 101 pages

He's enough of a madman to do it

Well he still has the OPM webcomic, manga and anime to manage, not to mention the eventual Season 2 of Mob.

Mob Psycho will never be better than OPM.

In a way, yes. Funny how he tried so hard to become something he already kindof is.

You don't need that much for a timeskip.

Because ONE wanted to end at chapter 101

The reigen thing bothers me the most. He still doesn’t have any friends his age.

>mogami isn’t mentioned
>the govt isn’t mentioned
SO MUCH WASTED POTENTIAL

If there is a time skip of more than a year, I guarantee Reigen will be shown with a girlfriend or wife.

>chapter 101
>ends with mob deciding to use his powers for good and joining the wonderful 101

>reigen
>not addicted to old bald man cock

>not serizawa
i'd say "dropped" but is the last issue so i can't do that

>serizawa gets a girlfriend
>reigen is all alone
Holy shit, I would be so fucking mad.

So do you think if this got a second season haha ;_; it could cover the rest of the manga?

Mob Psycho 100 is one of the only rays of sunshine left in my life and it's ending without even a confirmation of season 2 and I just want to die, I'm absolutely heartbroken, what's even the point anymore

I have some vague hope one might make a sequel some day.

>fujo psycho ending
good

There are many other things in media that you could become interested in, either right now or in development. ONE is bound to make more stories that will be as great if not better than MP100.

Stick around and see the stories to be told in the future.

I feel this way about alot of shows(not mob though)
You'll get over it. in the meantime look for something else to fill the hole in your heart only for that thing to leave another hole after it inevitably ends.

Wait, final chapter??
WHAT

I expect Tome to win the Mobowl.

the first season adapted how many chapters?

Wow! Thanks.

My problem with it isn't the whole broccoli deal, or this confession thing, because I think both of those were really fun and interesting.
My problem with it is how rushed the entire broccoli arc was, it felt like it took forever without anything happening, then it was over in a flash and jumps right into this big ??? arc that is also about to end in a flash. I wasn't expecting all characters to have some huge in-depth backstory or some EPIC... confrontation between mob and who knows, or any of the things you'd expect a traditional shonen to do because it's clearly not one. The broccoli thing was extremely interesting but ONE just glossed over it to jump into this confession thing, which would honestly be really good if most of the chapters weren't purely explanatory walls of text with almost nothing happening outside of it that wasn't happening already (all the destruction, reigen wanting to help mob).

It almost made it a drag to read through, because it felt like just dumping his ideas notebook into the speech bubbles, making the entire dialogue tiring at points, and the final chapter coming so soon means that unless it's 100 pages long it'll be resolved rather abruptly. Either that or speech bubbles will be 90% of the page.

Name every better work you've read that started after it.
Not meaning to imply there aren't any, I'm curious what you've liked.

It was a fun ride, hopefully we'll actually get season 2

>bones goes bankrupt after the chapter is released

>yfw we get a wall of text even bigger than when genos explained his backstory

>3 days
More like a day and a half. That’s Friday japan time.

>its finally over
fug

That was sad news but understandable all major plotpoint has been resolved almost no loose end left that alone make it better than 90% manga out there. I hope one truly deliver one last time on this last chapter.

>Final chapter 101 is coming out in 3 days.
I'm going to miss it.

Is Final chapter?

These strong, bald men... are they big guys?

How the hell would he face consequences when he could blow anyone who does anything to him away, besides only a few people actually know it was Mob's doing and not a natural disaster.