Mahoutsukai no Yome Chapter 42

8 hours late to posting, but its out.

Bump

This girl had a hard life.

I wonder if we will see father and brother again.

At this point i'm starting to think that Elias is more normal than Chise.
That's one fucked up childhood.

Well, shit. Daddy was a mage and his honey bunnies were both slayveggies.

>Chise is being infected with the jew
Truly a fate worse than death

Don't you worry, he is now a part of her and will help her to out-jew everything around.

If only they'd lived in a country where the mythology wasn't so terrifying.

I can only wonder how many people got their souls torn out of their asses by Kappas in this world.

Did the cat thing stick around and is attacking momma psychologically with the black fog or are the fog and blackface purely artistic?
I presume the cat hunts whatever is special about the dad and son and he thought leaving would save the other two.
Do we know what country they're living in and why the fae are so fucked up compared to the ones living near Elias? I guess it's still Japan like in the OVA?

No, he almost asks if Chise wants to come with him. Whatever the thing outside is after its got to do with the two girls. He left to save the boy.

So daddy was a mage of some sort and mommy had the same problems Chise did.
Interesting, but holy fuck was her father as asshole. Straight up left them two to die.

How many episodes will the anime have? 12? 24?

Now i wonder if her father will appear in story later on and clash with Elias over her.

The cat could be a mage messenger like the birds in England. Perhaps dad took shelter with them. Perhaps dad left wife and daighter sley beggies behind because he didn't want them to be experimented on. Perhaps dad is just an asshole.

"Monster, what are you doing with my daughter?"

"Our beloved Chise is both your daughter and my wife."

"She's only 14!!"

"Ah, forgive me. I meant that I am grooming her to be my wife."

"That's even worse!"

Bullying in the West
>wedgies
>swirlies
>nookies
Bullying in Japan
>would you like to watch your mother's suicide again?

Despite being childish, Elias can shit on people when he wants to and be an ultimate smug cunt.
He will make that man regret showing his face, if he actually shows.

What if he has already lost his face and became noppera-bou?

Soundtrack when

You're projecting your childish fantasies onto Elias pretty hard. That doesn't sound like something he'd do at all.

Chise had a hard life. I'm pretty sure we'll meet her father and/or brother later on. This chapter felt like a setup for some later stuff.

Even if her father ever became relevant again, he wouldn't have any say in what she does or who she chooses to be with. He abandoned her.

I'll be surprised if her mom complex doesn't shift into a dad complex over the course of this arc. Mom did the best she could.

Elias has gone batshit over Chise getting hurt. She could just point her finger and say "that man hurt me, fuck him up". That said, I wonder if she would tell Elias anything about her father, and I think Chise is too good a person to actually want to see her father hurt.

Maybe this would be one of his character challenges. He has been assuming what Chise wants all the time which caused a lot of trouble, and restraining himself from doing this would signify that he has grown as a character, and is willing to understand Chise's feelings on a deeper level, as long as she is also able to communicate what she wants. But idk, I'm speaking out of my ass, and I doubt this is what Yamazaki will use to showcase this.

Or had a plan and failed to accomplish it, which means he might be dead.

So literally nowhere? Pretty much every culture has myths about shit that kills you for amusement. They would be screwed in North America on principle of Wendigo's alone. And South/Central America is out of the question assuming that the Incans/Mayans/Aztecs weren't just worshiping nonsense.

Japan is fucked, Russia is fucked, China is double fucked, Maybe they could luck their way into the better part of aboriginal myths in Australia but having to live with the normal shit that could kill you down under isn't much better.

Have you ever read Native American mythology? I clearly remember a story about how a guy discovered he tasted pretty good, and proceeded to devour himself until only his head remained.
Of course, there were tons of stories about monsters eating humans for amusement.

I hope he's dead. He was a fucking cunt either way

I want to know the reason he left. He said he was coming back, so it wasn't his intention to completely abandon them.