youtube.com/watch?v=-kqn2KoloUs
youtube.com/watch?v=455gBIXveVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tWoFVxvjPU0
youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg
youtube.com/watch?v=mY3FOwwKGzI
youtu.be/iaam7bwupyA
youtube.com/watch?v=MwWDNvKdXAQ&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=WMWTef1W0iE
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/12/19-1/lupin-the-third-celebrates-its-50th-anniversary-with-memorial-anime-is-lupin-still-burning
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Discounting Cogliostro, what is the best Lupin movie?

Fuma Conspiracy, obviously.

here's some nice Lupin music I've had on my mind recently

youtube.com/watch?v=-kqn2KoloUs
youtube.com/watch?v=455gBIXveVQ

Mamo is my personal favorite Lupin movie, although in terms of animation this user is right on the money.

Green jacket Lupin will always be best Lupin

HE'S A NICE MAN
HE USES WALTHER
AND HE SMILES
HE'S GETS ANGRY SOMETMES
LUPAN

Episode 0 will always be special to me just by having the best version of the Lupin III theme

youtube.com/watch?v=tWoFVxvjPU0

AN HE'S GETS ANGRY
...sometimes
BUT
HE'S A GROOVY GUY
youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

You got to
got to
got to
got to

Best song.
youtube.com/watch?v=mY3FOwwKGzI

that was a great intro to the movie too

Will wacky Lupin ever exist again or is ultra slick Lupin here to stay? either one is fine by me

FEEL IT

Don't we technically have both with the new TV series and the Koike movies?

Favorite cover?

youtu.be/iaam7bwupyA

Mystery of Mamo and Operation: Return the Treasure are my two personal favorites.

youtube.com/watch?v=MwWDNvKdXAQ&index=14

So Jigen still uses a Model 19 right?

This shit is incredible

youtube.com/watch?v=WMWTef1W0iE

I think so

Of what I've seen, Hemingway Papers. Counting Cagliostro. I haven't seen the big black bomb that Mamo seems to be though.

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/12/19-1/lupin-the-third-celebrates-its-50th-anniversary-with-memorial-anime-is-lupin-still-burning

So, they're producing a memorial episode for the 50th anniversary and apparently Monkey Punch will be directing. Hopefully this'll go over better than Dead or Alive did.

Also, these are apparently the top 24 Lupin episodes according to Japanese fans.

1. "Farewell My Beloved Lupin" (2nd season 155th episode)

2. "Wings of Death - Albatross" (2nd season 145th episode)

3. "The Coming of Goemon the 13th" (1st season 5th episode)

4. "One Chance for a Prison Break" (1st season 4th episode)

5. "Is Lupin Burning...?!" (1st season 1st episode)

6. "The Combat Magnum Scattered in the Wasteland" (2nd season 99th episode)

7. "Goemon's Close Call" (2nd season 112th episode)

8. "Lupin the Third's Gallant Appearance" (2nd season 1st episode)

9. "Goemon Daydream" (3rd season 5th episode)

10. "Pray for the Repose of Your Soul" (3rd season 24th episode)

11. "The Day the Old Man Died" (2nd season 98th episode)

12. "Tutankhamen's 3000-Year-Old Curse" (2nd season 7th episode)

13. "The Target Is 555 Meters" (2nd season 148th episode)

14. "The Man They Called a Magician" (1st season 2nd episode)

15. "Lupin Dies Twice" (2nd season 32nd episode)

16. "The Gold Is Beckoning Lupin" (3rd season 1st episode)

17. "Beware the Time Machine!" (1st season 13th episode)

18. "The Magnificent Team-Play Operation" (2nd season 137th episode)

19. "Kill the Atomic Submarine Ivanov" (3rd season 50th episode)

20. "Pops Boils over with Rage" (3rd season 37th episode)

21. "The Woman the Old Man Fell in Love With" (2nd season 69th episode)

22. "A Rose and a Pistol" (2nd season 26th episode)

23. "Our Papa Is a Thief" (3rd season 44th episode)

24. "Farewell, My Beloved Witch" (1st season 3rd episode)

>No 4th season
Impeccable taste from a very superficial look.

Also, I really doubt Monkey Punch will ever direct or even do anything good again. The market wouldn't permit a thing like OG Lupin ever again and Dead or Alive shows that he seemingly accepts the modified very very safe "Lupin in fictional foreign affairs" adventure shit. Hell, he even said Lupin IV was the "closest" to his vision, which is a disservice to his own work in many ways.

Honestly, if it were up to me I'd probably take Part III's first episode off the list and replace it with "To Hear You Sing Again" or "From Japan With Love" from the 4th series.

My guy, I wasn't speculating that Monkey Punch was directing or anything. It says it right there in the article that he's acting as a "general director."

Frankly, I'm surprised because Dead or Alive was a miserable enough experience for him to say that he'd never direct anything ever again.

I wasn't speculating on the actual creation of the film by him, but about if it's gonna be any good at all.

I'll admit the Japan episode was fantastic in Lupin IV.

> I wasn't speculating on the actual creation of the film by him, but about if it's gonna be any good at all.

It's probably just gonna be something short like the Lupin Family Allstars shortfilm that was included in the Master Files 40th anniversary boxset.

Besides, whatever they come up with couldn't possibly be worse than Return of Pycal. Famous last words.

> I'll admit the Japan episode was fantastic in Lupin IV.

It was a much needed breath of fresh air for the series, and a gorgeous episode to boot.

I'M A SUPER HERO
A HERO OF TODAY
YEAH

More like that's what the show needed to be. The overreliance of secondary characters is astonishingly bad in IV, specially because they're so annoying and don't flow into the Lupin mix at all (unless it's Rebecca just substracting Fujiko's main theme, which doesn't happen too often, while the latter is devoid of any personality). And Da Vinci, oh god...

downloading before inevitable takedown

The soundtracks have always been nothing short of spectacular.

Ironically, the version they're most prone to taking down is the one with Lupin's narration over it.

The Goemon movie was pure kino, much better than Jigen's Gravestone.

didn't expect it to be so gory

Loved that Fujiko just fucked off in the middle of it because she was bored with this Bushido shit. Such comprehension of the character

Well, I can't disagree with you there. Hell, it was the first time in fucking years that they turned in a story where Fujiko did something that was actually cool.

Anyway, I think part of the problem is that they feel they need to have an overarching plot in a series that was basically built to be as episodic as possible while still retaining a core cast.

I admit, I got a little queasy while watching the movie.

yeah