Just finished watching pic related for the 1st time

Just finished watching pic related for the 1st time.

What went wrong?

They forgot to put Imaishi on a leash.

nothing could have gone right

>tfw whimsical piano melody plays whenever Akko and Andrew are interacting
pretty comfy

Everything.

fucking Trigger not putting a leash on their muh crazy writers.
Fuck, LWA was the comfiest thing in the movies.

The writing, the pacing, the additional characters.

Trigger doesn't know how to handle anything that isn't a short or an ova

No Jasminka episode

Conflict between the writers. One of the lead ones wanted a hetero romantic story and the others didn't so a lot was changed. The one who wanted het romance is dead now (good riddance) so hopefully S2 will go down the right path.

But Enchanted Parade was a big disppointment too.

I WANNA ________________ SUCY!

The side characters could've used more focus, but other than it was great.

Too much Akko.

Nothing, execpt there should've been 52 ep

I think if the 2nd OVA wasn't Sup Forums's little baby the series would have been much less popular. That even applies to me since I sat through the entire season despite thinking many times of dropping it. I thought I had to see it through to the end out of some strange obligation.

Is there an english dub for this? asking for a friend.

Fuck off, I already told him he has shit taste

Yes, there it is

Even through all its failings, would you recommend this show? I loved the first ova but Im on the fence about watching the anime.

It all depends on how much you like the characters. Episodes can be hit or miss as it happens with most episodic anime, but I felt like none of them were quite great ,but if you can tolerate Akko then its worth it.
I definitly enjoyed the ovas a lot more.

I'm watching it with my sis right now, we stopped at episode 17 and we'll coutinue later. It seems like a type of show that would appeal to western audience more desu. Should I see the movie after I finish the series? How does it tie to the rest of the story?

This.

Everything Imashi is involved in shits the bed sooner rather than later

it was kind of fun but the writing was really aimless, constipated, and disjoint at times, and this is a problem with having several kinds of writers on a show with no communication between them
look at doctor who for example
development seems wonky when people get inhibited by their own self-restraints, don't talk to each other and negotiate ideas as much as they should, and shoot from the hip too much because they didn't really have any goals in mind

the ovas are considered good because they didn't need to feel connected to each other, and they don't, they are both self-contained one-shot stories that don't depend on the other for anything and neither require watching the other to grasp what's going on, and you can definitely tell the difference between first diana and enchanted parade diana, and it's not even something that was developed, it was just tadah, she's different in enchanted parade with no explanation, not that it was needed because you can watch it by itself

on the other hand, the tv series is something that begs more continuity and consistency across episodes and arcs, and this is where the problems happen the most, and it's something they're not good at

trigger are animators and artists before they are storytellers so as the latter, they drop the ball a lot, and they probably knew that by (inadvertantly) representing themselves as akko, making a stupid incompetent product, but wanting to express itself as a character that can be lovable in its own stupid unable to fly a broom way

though you should never tout your own lovability, that is a judgment for others to deem

Nothing, it's still comfy as fuck. Yeah there are a few miss episodes but it makes up for it

It may not have been as good as the first ova but Enchanted Parade wasn't bad.
It tried to have an overarching plot.

>OVAs are excellent.
>The anime itself was boring.
I feel like I was lied to.

>The Witch Hunts have started up again, and Luna Nova is burning to the ground
>You tear through the school in a blind panic
>You see Akko digging her nails into the floor, screaming bloody murder as the clergy drags her away
>You push down your fear and keep running
>You've almost made it to the shelter, but you're just slow enough that they've started to close the door
>You see Sucy close the door right as you reach it
>Banging with all your might, you vaguely notice an arrow from a pursing witch hunter plink against the impenetrable iron door
>You shout at the top of your lungs as you're surrounded on all sides
>I WANT TO COME INSIDE SUCY!

> tfw you enjoyed the ride from beginning to end and even went through it a second time with your bro
> everyone on Sup Forums dissapointed but you loved the shit out of it
If I'm being naive or having shit taste, then I'm thankful formy shit taste. S2 when?

literally just retcon the tv series and give back the ovas.
none of that politics writing shit, just want more retard akko adventures and comfy witches

Not a goddamn thing. Except Andrew and everything related to politics that he acted as the PoV on.

OVA 2 was way worse than the TV show. It had a nonsense nonplot about nothing.

>OVA 2 is worse
Yeah sure user, whatever you say.

The only good things in the movie are the animation in the climax and Amanda's dancing.

Still better than TV.

I can't hate this thing, it gave me some fun stuff like Grand Charion, Akko and Chariot finally knowing each other and valdating what I always thought about the shiny rod back in 2013, that it was a sword with no hilt, I'll give it the same score as Kill la Kill a solid 6, I do hope one day Trigger can actually make a 9 or 8 show. It's kind of pathetic how their two most memorable ones are rather mediocre

Nah. The TV has likeable characters, funny jokes, development, themes and a point. The movie us 45 minutes of nothing. Green team did nothing in TV, but even their introduction in the movie was totally gratuitous.

painfully awful voice acting

Nothing. its comfy af.

>The TV has likeable characters
Akko is even more annoying than OVA2
Lotte & Sucy & Green Team is a bg character
Ursula is too cowardly
Croix is poorly written villain
Andrew & Sup Forums muggles are unnecessary to the plot
>Development
Nope, no development at all on TV except Akko finally can ride a broom.
>themes
OVAs themes are way better.
>The movie us 45 minutes of nothing
You mean 45 minutes full of magic & comfiness, with a nice boss battles in the end. With all the witches working together.

OVA 2 is 7/10, TV is 5/10. Its really bad. Deal with it. Most people agree with OVAs are way better than TV.

Your MC is retarded. 2 INT!

>Kill la kill : 6
It was the last good Trigger series before they went to shit.

Akko is far worse in OVA 2
Green team was BG in OVA 2, alongside Diana and Ursula. Amanda and Constance got more characterization in the TV show than in the OVA
The Mayor and the stupid bully kids were as bad as Andrew and the politics

Diana, Ursula, Akko, Andrew experienced plenty of development in the TV show

The OVA and the TV show have the same themes except the movie doesn't do anything with them.

No, 45 minutes filled with nothing. Such as a bunch of 6 year old kids ruining the work of 16 year old witches, Akko being a cunt, Lotte's entire character being "I guess it's fine to be a passive and demure victim!" and Sucy doing nothing at all.

TV series has a better score in Japanese MAL, in MAL and in ANN. The movie was far more disappointing.

>Sup Forums hates everything

I'm glad to know everyone on this website is bitter about everything.

Except OVA2 is more fun
Trigger forgot to add the fun on TV. 90% of the episodes are snorefest.
>They also rate Mirai nikki one of the GOAT anime
Yeah, ignored.
Go back to where you come from.

>The Mayor and the stupid bully kids were as bad as Andrew and the politics
>bunch of 6 year old kids ruining the work of 16 year old witches
Well we cant fix your shit taste, user. Its up to you how to fix your taste.

Alright I laughed too hard at this one.

OVA 2 is a borefest before the climax. The TV show has episodes lik 3, 8, 18. The emotional content in the T)TV is also much stronger, as seen in 13 and 20.

I think they make good stuff. Their animation is legit fun to watch. Space Patrol was legit funny to me.

See And Like i said, Its better for LWA to continue the OVA route instead of rebooting it. See the Terio Manga, based on OVAs and its 5 times more fun than all the TV LWA episodes combined. OVA1 & 2 is just a little taste of it.
OVAs are more like harry potter. Its full of magic, And the TV is like a magic show without magic, its stupid & boring. Especially the story focused Episodes. I hope trigger learn their lesson with the TV mess we got, Hire a better writter & director (Yoshi admits TV LWA are shit & dont want to be a director anymore). They know both LWA TV & Video Games are flopped hard. They still got one more chance to fix this since we know theres a time plot on the game & i hope they will use it to continue the timeline to the OVAs.

The movie didn't do better than the TV show. Yoshinari likes the TV better than the movie. Learn English.

>The movie didn't do better than the TV show
Nope, OVAs are way better despite their lack of showtime.
>Yoshinari likes the TV better than the movie
Its called a Marketing user. no way hes gonna publicly said it.
Yoshi quitting as a director alone already a proof that He doesnt like TV LWA.
>Learn English.
Oh look, another "Grammar Check to win an argument" meme.

>Yoshi quitting as a director alone already a proof that He doesnt like TV LWA.
He doesn't want to be director because he doesn't think he's any good at it (insert numerous anons agreeing his direction was shit here) and would prefer to just focus on sakuga and shit.

>because he doesn't think he's any good at it
Exactly, thats why TV LWA worse than OVAs. And he hates it for directing it.

He doesn't hate it, he just thinks someone else could've done a better job. Whether you agree or not, that's not him hating on it, that's just standard artistic self-depreciation.

Nothing. It was a masterpiece. If anything it should have been one cour longer to accommodate more SOL. if I was absolutely nit picking one thing I didn’t like was how they shoehorned Diane in at the end. I felt it would have been better for her to fill a supporter role for Akko rather than be her partner/equal

Nah, hes hate it. Look at his face on the stream, he wishes to LWA to continue the ova route, but trigger staffs goes rebel on him.

>masterpiece
Its not.

We were talking about sales you dumbass. You were the one who brought it up.

No, its about OVA vs TV (which is obvious the OVA win) dumbass. Read the thread.

You said that TV was a flop. I corrected you by saying it sold as much as the movie.

Flopped critically, not financially.
OVA1 is a goverment budget while OVA2 is kickstarted budget.

The second movie was worse received by the TV show critically in Japan. Even MAL and ANN like the TV series better than the massive disappointment of OVA 2/

>MAL
Opinion discarded.
>OVA2
>Masssive Dissapointment
It created tons of hype for TV LWA, and too bad trigger failed to deliver the TV & created an Enormous Disappointment for TV LWA. OVA 2 is more succesful than the failure of TV LWA.

The plot was boring and Akko got too much handed to her instead of earning it

Whoever the writers are, they have no idea what to do or what to go.

She died 5 days ago

No wonder why

i can see why some folks like the tv but i still enjoyed the ovas more. Think i was just more let down following the whole show with Sup Forums. liked ova more for their comfy

Majority of people love OVAs more than TV, just ignore the ratings like MAL & ANN, they are always infested by Fujoshits & Cancerous Otaku.

- Lots of Shit episodes
- cheap Yuri bait scenes to attract fanbase
- Shit writing
- Shit pacing
- Shit Villain
- Shit Plot
- Shit MC
- Shit Side Character
- Shit Ending
- Shit Artstyle compared to ovas
- People expecting too much after the ovas

Direction. It had fantastic writing and themes, but nobody in charge with knowledge how to properly structure it, so they have lots of slow parts, repeated filler moments and such a massive disparagement between lighthearted SoL and full-on drama plot from first to second cour. Still this was one of the most soulful anime I've watched and I loved it entirely even with all its numerous flaws.

>Main writter missinterpreting the spirit of the story and turning it into a shoujo
>Director not stoping her in time, and letting anyone change his vision.
>Trigger deciding this was another chance to give their younger animators freedom to experiment and learn while the most experienced animators contribution maintained at a minumum

Is a miracle it still managed to have some enjoyable episodes.

i like ova1 but not ova2
enchanted parade is dick
i can't believe how irate i was when akko got a free pass from her too passive friend
tv has a few ups and a couple really bad downs and the rest is in average territory

He has that same face whenever he has to give an interview. Dude just wants to draw, but his postion at Trigger forces him to make public appeareances every now and then.

Akko as MC instead of Diana.

Is this Yoshigaki's artbook? I want it.

Stop it.

No one has given a fucking single reason as of why Enchanted Parade was bad except maybe Akko's characterization and that was to an extent. OVA 2 was good for what it was, considering it was just an OVA.

>Without OVA2 we wouldn't have Amanda broom dancing
Any user that didn't like OVA2 is literally gay

>The second movie was worse received by the TV show critically in Japan
Stop pulling shit outta your ass.
>MAL
Stop breathing as well.

Absolutely nothing

except for the Amanda episode being lame

Everything & Everyone except Diana was lame.

TV Diana doesn't work as the protagonist since she doesn't have glaring flaws or any flaws at all. It took until the game to start giving her something to start ever since the reboot of her OVA character. The current manga is doing a decent job, though.

The one who wanted a het romance was the one who did the first part correct?

Wasn't the first part the only part that the japs and weeaboos liked and the second part that went full on yuri pandery was largely loathed by everyone?

The best part was wrote by Ueno, not Shimada.

Bad stories. We wanted a Harry Potter with a female lead, not garbage fights focus on notChariot and her lover.

The OVA was good because we were introduce to the world for the first time. Lots of interesting stuff happened.

It is fine if the main antagonist (Diana at that time) is a good person, as long as there is something that drive the story and actually have some meaning.

Lotte's episode is the most pointless one where we don't know much about Lotte herself, and Akko didn't even learn about patience.

I don't even know what I am rambling but I just feel like the anime is a clusterfucks of non-plots.

Yoshinari was the one that wanted a het romance, not Shimada. But since she was the main writer she had to work it in. And honestly, LWA would have worked better as a shoujo.

You are a moron, TV Diana is made entirely of flaws.

They won’t learn anything, they are satisfied with the show. I hope they can find a good writer for S2.

I like little witches

How is it possible to hate on Enchanted Parade, even by characterization alone? It gave us a Lotte who isn't willing to put up with Akko's demands as a leader but was still eager to help her as a friend, an Akko who realizes there's more to being a Chariot-like witch and entertainer when it comes to needing friends and assistance, and a Sucy who comes out of the weirdo closet and wants to help cheer up her friends when in need. OVA 2 is probably the only part of the entire franchise where the trio's friendship is internally challenged and resolved to hold meaning towards the theme about magic. That friendship was what I loved about it, and I settled myself up for disappointment with the TV series when it practically ignored Sucy and Lotte after giving them their one focus episode each. I just feel like they were acquaintances more in the TV series, which is eerie but I respect it as its own thing even if it feels awkward.

That faggot is a yurifag from the way he expressed of her death. You are mostly correct but you also need to read and Ueno is the crack writer of the show, which isn't bad, but she almost had nothing to do with the main storyline.

>LWA would have worked better as a shoujo.
Shit taste

Ha! Care to name them?
>inb4 muh jealousy

We don’t need the main storyline,user. We just need cute witch doing cute thing.

Lies, Diana was almost perfect. And it was almost because she was """"jealous"""" of Akko.

Which they barely explored, which was a shame.

The japs liked the second part and it had nothing to do with yurifaggotry, which was unnexistant.

The thing that most people agree from both parts of the fanbase was how weirdly structured the second cour was. Basically, issues with the direction.