What anime got you into anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/black_fire0120/dn-angel-white-night-true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dragon maid lol best anime evar

Katawa Shoujo

nanalew with her Anime 101 got me into anime

Gun Grave back when youtoube didn't remove anime episodes instantly.

i do not ask for the best anime

shut the fuck up

pretty good desu

code geass in like 08, but i guess really it was pokemon

Yuyuhakusho

It was this one

I stumbled across a hellsing amv while looking for a song I had heard on a cod4 montages.

Full Metal Panic

>browsing Toonami one night
>anime tiddies
hell yeah

Whatever my older brother was watching on Toonami at the time. DBZ, Pokemon, Gundam. Sailor Moon. Shit like that.
I do remember us watching subbed episodes of the Namek arc on floppydisk. Blew my mind watching a video on a computer screen, I'd only seen it on television before.
I always had a thing for Outlaw Star, though. Hanmyo was my first waifu. Started doing the ninja run at recess because of her.

Not the first anime I enjoyed but it was the one that got me more into it.
I'm hesitant to say Pokemon or anything from the toonami lineup because everyone seen those and many of them still aren't really into anime.

Kenshin Kyoto Arc

Utawarerumono somehow. It got me curious but stuff like Ah! My goddess, Excel Saga and GTO got me hooked

Good ol' Dragon Ball.

nice

I watched a lot of Anime in my childhood but it wasn't until much later than i started to religiously watch Anime. In 2015 thanks to Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V. Now i follow the seasons and see Anime news regularly

Kenshin was one of my most disappointing anime experiences as the kid because the opening was animated so much better than 95% of the show. It just never lived up to my hype.

Escaflowne

same

I'm afraid to rewatch it and find out it's bad

this is a movie!
is the series good?

Sword Art Online
What's sad is that I've watched a lot better anime before that that didn't really pique my interest in the medium itself.
Namely FMA:B, Mushishi, and Darker than Black.

Kanokon.
I wanted to prove to myself that anime could be better than that garbage.

This, saw it with my cousin on a VHS. I still have the tape.

I didn't watch the series, I just watched the movie
>inb4 pleb taste

Well you can still watch the openings at least.
Those are great

used to watch fmp on mtv
i never finished it tho

Lucky Star in 2009.
It's weird looking at the series' that I watched when I was new to anime and seeing that they were almost newly released back then, when at the time I had thought I was watching the classics.

this

Classic nu-Sup Forums post, right here.

go away reddit

same here, when it first aired on public tv in my country. i asked my parents to buy he the dvds for christmas afterwards and they did. funny how i completely dropped anime afterwards, though. for like literally 16 years or something.

But I've been here for years and seen more anime than you

DN Angel

still one of the best OP to date

soundcloud.com/black_fire0120/dn-angel-white-night-true

Unironically. Decided to look it up and watch it when I was like 14 after stumbling upon some NGE doujinshis of Rei. I have seen some animes on TV before, but it was the first thing I ever watched through computer, so technically my first anime, and it was THE BEST THING EVER (over a decade later, it still is). Then I learned about EoE, and the best thing ever got even better. It hooked me up and never let go, made me crave for more. Even now EVA is somewhat a part of my life.

Well the series is what got me into anime. Its a bit silly at times, but I think it holds up pretty well. Animation is all over the place though. Sometimes its complete shit, but then they break out the master class animation out of no where.

Sure takes me back. Yes sir, sure takes an old man back.

The one you posted, OP.

Saint Seiya.

Watched a lot series on TV like kickers, sailor moon etc. But after getting broadband internet School Rumble kick started my addiction.

Holy shit. I forgot a lot about this show but I know I really liked it. I wonder if I'd hate it if I watched it now.

And Tree of Palme

nichijou

I have the books on my desk right now.

what a great post for Sup Forums

watched the dub on yt

Okay, Now i feel old......

yuyushiki

What a pleasure to see afellow KSfag here.

The writing on this game is definitely the best I've ever seen, but the theme and setting pushed me away from it

did you know that the Tylor was supposed to be Tyler but someone fat fingered the keyboard back then and Japanese keyboards have the E next to O and they just kept it.

My nigga.

I don't remember, it was one of sailor moon, saint seiya or captain tsubasa, back when anime first started airing in Argentina. I think it was in the 90's

Hmmm, fried shrimp.

delet

Higurashi. Asked my friend about animu and he told me to watch it. Otherwise, I didn't really care and only watched Dragonball like a normie

naruto unironically

All your base are belong to us

That's crazy... it was Eureka 7 for me as well.
Was that show actually good? I should do a rewatch...

I had a few Speed Racer VHS tapes when I was a kid. Watched Pokemon, Digimon, and DBZ at or around that time too.

It's good on its own, if you pretend E7:AO was never made.

dbz and macross

Starts off slow, picks up, then kind of stays there, picks up again and just keeps on going up.

I saw this a few months ago and was very impressed by it.The anime and story were fantastic. It makes me wish there were more series like this and fewer high school anime.

manga was better

Dragon Ball. Woke up, watched until night, slept, woke up, watched until night, slept, until it was done.

Dragon Ball Z

God, you are too young to be here

Aria & Durarara

K-on back in 2010. I don't even watch moe shit anymore lol..

Tenchi Muyo

When I was a kid, one of my older sister's boyfriends came over with a bunch of Tenchi VHS tapes.

I specifically remember him questioning whether or not I should be allowed to watch for obvious reasons.

I was too young to understand that it was a harem anime aimed at neckbeards. I genuinely just thought it was a really cool funny story about a guy living with a bunch of female friends from outer space.

I specifically remember asking why random teardrops kept appearing over the character's heads and stuff.

I ended up a Toonami/Pokemon weeb later on.

Pokemon/Dragonball on TV as a kid

>I specifically remember asking why random teardrops kept appearing over the character's heads and stuff.
Only watched a bit of Tenchi Muyo and it was also when I was a kid but what is this about?

This.
I'd also say Fullmetal alchemist, Inuyasha, and Bleach.

Oh, okay. The way your post was phrased I thought it was something inappropriate.

I watched Pokemon as a kid and occasionally viewed some Haruhi videos that were on YouTube, but I wasn't completely hooked on anime until I saw NGE for the first time when I was 13. I have yet to find another series that makes me feel the same way I did when I watched Evangelion for the first time.

Speed Racer/literally any anime that aired in the 90s

I grew up too young to know the difference between Sup Forums and Sup Forums and basically didn't start differentiating until I got into manga at around age 12 (2001). Fucking Saturday morning cartoons were just Saturday morning cartoons; nobody gave a shit where it came from as long as it was good.

Death Note and Haruhi. Watched shit like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and Digimon when I was
a kid without really knowing that it was anime. Clearly remember when my friend went through his weeb-phase and we used to watch Cardcaptor Sakura after school. Good times.

A friend said "Dude this show Gurren Lagann"

The first one that actually made me seek out episodes.

Watched stuff like Pokemon and Dragon Ball on TV of course but Naruto is the first one I actively seeked and streamed.

It's called entry level for a reason right?

I saw a picture of a scopedog one day in a completely random website and said to myself "whoa that looks cool I should watch that." and so I did.

MEIN NEGGER
I watched macross on its hellish robotech form. That roy fokker episode man! My pre 10 year old mind was blownd by the concept of a character being unable to be in a series and that a series can have background story that spanned across many episodes.
OH! and those fucked up 80's Astroboy episodes. those left mental scars in my kiddy mind but I fucking loved it.
I would like to see a millenial dealing with those episodes.
In my time shit was rough, we got mental scars and we sure as fuck liked it!

Just finished episode 30, this is literally Last Exile with Naruto as the protagonist.

pokemon > dbz > naruto > FMA then it branched out from there. Didn't even really know what anime was until I caught up with naruto. They were always just english cartoons I watched saturday mornings.

First one I watched that wasn't Shin-chan and DBZ was Lucky Star, did not finished it due to at that time I hated moeshit and then I actually finished both seasons of Higurashi in a weekend, downward spiral ever since

>Gun Grave
god damn was the mafia part great I wish they just did that and not the other bullshit.

Right caster rounds were fucking baller as a kid

trust & betrayal broaham

my roomates first anime
This is my brother favorite. Hes the one who got me into anime. I think my very first anime I ever saw was Iria the Zeriam animation back on scifi saturdays on scifi channel.
GYAKUSATSU KIKAN is the closest thing recently that is even good. prove me wrong!

I was too young to understand that it was a harem anime aimed at neckbeards. I genuinely just thought it was a really cool funny story about a guy living with a bunch of female friends from outer space.
Me too user, me too...

good times, lu la lu