Anyone hyped for this?

anyone hyped for this?

just saw the anime and it was great

Love eyecandy

Not really interested in several characters and the movie in general being fitted into the motor ball arc.
Makaku and Zapan's parts will probably be the best.
Not a fan of seemingly hinting at people coming for Alita, that Salem or anyone else actually knew what the fuck she was at the time. Should have just kept her a mystery till the second movie where they can then fuck up Nova to fit him into the story.

As far as visuals, Alita can be cleaned up before release. I would have preferred a full CGI movie or just animated like Dreamworks/Pixar. A violent animated movie would be pretty nice

have you read the whole manga series, how much is it left after the end of anime?

btw i think live action would better fit the world of the series

The 2 episode OVA is the only animated Alita so far, and its partly original content/story. Chiren doesn't exist in the manga, but for some reason Cameron/Rodrigez decided for the Hollywood movie she should be in it.
The OVA ends at the end of volume 2 of the manga, so the original BAA run still has 7 more volumes. Last Order is like 23 volumes.

If you haven't read it, I would start from the beginning and read the original 9 volumes. If your still interested, Last Order has really good world building but interest might wane with the tournament arc and new characters are hit or miss.

I am going to see it out of obligation.

Looks like ass

ok i would check that original manga series thx

>anyone hyped for this?
Maybe if her eyes were normal sized or everyone else's eyes looked just like hers, then I'd be hyped for it.

>thats the only thing holding you back
its best if someone as sensitive as you just stay inside your parents garage for the rest of their lives

This shit triggers my autism

Not him but she looks way too bad in the trailer in several parts. The actress herself would have been fine, then CGI for the action scenes like they would have anyways. I am not sure if they went for "Alita's body is special" or taking the doll-like 90s manga description too literal

Considering what comes out of Hollywood nowadays? Spare me the embarrassment of anime movies please

But this 2 past years were good to great for movies.

No. I can't get past the Uguu Anime Eyes.

Even without those, it looks like it'll be a confused, jumbled mess of sci-fi tropes and bomb just as badly as Ghost in the Shell

I prefer to look at what went badly instead of well, because anime adaptations so far tend more towards the bad things out of Hollywood. The stuff they do produce that's bad, is atrocious.

It could be a Kubrick masterpiece but if every two frames is a photograph of a piece of shit, I wouldn't bother watching it.

If they could recreate the fights it'd be great

After Star Wars, this is my only hope until I burn down Hollywood.

what's everyone raging about Star Wars anyway
spoil me

>Leia supermans through space, back onto a ship, living to fight in the next movie (But Carrie Fisher is dead LOL)
>EVERYTHING THEY DID TO ASSASSINATE LUKE'S CHARACTER
>Luke astral projections to help Rey and the gang escape, only to die a few minutes later somehow (They probably forgot to tell Mark Hamill they planned to kill him in post. Oops. webm related)
>Snoke(the weird shrivelled dude from the previous movie) just kinda dies unceremoniously in the middle of the movie from Kylo Ren force activating a lightsaber that was sitting next to him (even though he was gloating about manipulating Rey and Kylo with the force to do his bidding)
>The leader of the Rebels is literally a purple-haired SJW who kamikazes her ship in the end so Leia can take over some... how?
Did I mention the milk scene?
>Luke drinks milk from some weird cow/otter thing and just STARES at her with this weird aggressive scowl, as she looks in uncomfortably

To add: "her" meaning Rey, the Force-adept OC donut steel mary sue
Pic related is part of what I mean by everything they did to assassinate Luke's character

Problem with TLJ is that Johnson seemed to go out of his way to do the unexpected. Like writing a tv soap opera. Doesn't matter whether it makes sense in the context of what came before, surprise is king, which led to turning Luke into what he ended up being in the movie. Same for Snoke dying and Rei being a nobody. Doesn't matter whether TFA made you expect something different, look how oh so surprising it is if we get told "haha you believed those red herrings? suckers!". Yet again, the problem lies i how they did it. There's a difference between a new piece of unexpected information shining a new light on what came before on the one side and simply ignoring the setup altogether on the other.

Speaking of that image, while I agree with its sentiment, it got me thinking a bit. There wasn't much else Luke could have done, other than appealing to Vader's humanity, was there? There's no way he could have beat Vader+Palpatine and the emperor was in the process of kicking his ass, so might as well yell "daddieeee, the mean man is hurting me so muuuch, aaaargh, it megahurts!" before he croaks. Luckily for him, it worked.

>someone intentionally rips the Mona Lisa in half
>hurr durr don't be autistic and think it's ruined!
How do people like you even manage to breathe?

Well it's questionable. He had the ability to defeat his father in combat. He even won his duel at the end. I'm not sure about the Emperor. I mean, it's a given he couldn't. Maybe?

Literally half the budget will be going into giving them uncanny valley rubber faces. Anything that might be good about the story will be completely glossed over by the jarring CGI faces.

>at least people will still remember me for being the joker.webm

>Wake up
>See this
DO WHAT???

I think the manga mentions (I read it years ago tho) she looks doll-like and her face is cute but somehow a little "off". So I guess they went for that? Also she is Cameron's waifu, I think it should be fine.

In anime version her eyes are bigger than the live action.

Overall, I'm ok with the eyes, though some shots look better than others. I think it would be easier for the masses to swallow her look, if we had seen more background characters looking modified as well. Sure, there's Zapan and the killer cyborg lady, though they still had human faces. I think that makes it harder to accept Alita's eyes. It's also a bit of an unfortunate design choice, because the first connection anyone who had a passing knowledge of the source made was "olololo animu girl has big eyes lololo". I'd have expected Cameron to be smarter about this.

Has any live-action anime adaptation in the U.S. been good?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Yes but in the anime version there are other people with the same big eyes.

In the movie she's the only one with huge eyes.

Do you think that thre is the possibility that if that movie doesn't bomb cyberpunk might not be dead yet?
After Gits and Bladerunner I thought that they won't touch it anymore, but Alita gives me hope that there might be a Deus Ex movie sometime.

nobody says that her face looks off. She's not supposed to come off as uncanny in the manga. Nova asks Ido if he wants to dress her like a doll in the dream sequence but that's the only time it's mentioned, I think.

Just the ones that were not so much adaptations as they were plagiarism. Of Satoshi Kon's works.

Paprika and Black Swan.

>I wasn't satisfied with the ending I wrote for the manga so I'll create Last Order to fix things
>okay time to write hundreds of chapters of pointless shonen antics that completely destroys any semblance of a coherent narrative

I dont even know

Cameron will deliver
Just like he always does

A minority will unironically defend the live action Speed Racer