I've read through 7 volumes of Battle Angel Alita and theres no way the new movie can cram in all the good parts in 2-3...

I've read through 7 volumes of Battle Angel Alita and theres no way the new movie can cram in all the good parts in 2-3 hours. should've just made a tv adaptation

Who even is that supposed to be? haven't seen a female zalemian and I've been through 3 arcs

New character made for the OVA

Cameron wanted to make a trilogy so the script doesn't go further than the motorball arc.

should've just not made an adaption at all

Its clearly just the first few arcs

thats why i was confused about that female character, but like another user said it looks like they are using the OVA

That's because its adapting the OVA and not the manga. You honestly think hollywood normal fags read?

Why was the black guy doing a Gendo pose in the trailer?

I assumed that she was probably supposed to be one of Nova's underlings, they just for some reason didn't include the arrow she had on her forehead in the manga.

It's chiren from the OVA, which I've never seen

Imagine if the fights had the coordination of jackie chan movies or the raid or whatever, except with mechanized CG power/gore and no need for retakes. They're probably going to be like typical capeshit though.

Did you really think, "Oh yeah, there's a possibility this won't be a complete trainwreck" after seeing that trailer?

Unless they're aiming for an R rating, no way they're putting in the properly gory scenes.

That's true and sucks, but for the post I was talking about robogore. A scene where alita is progressively dismembered and losing but still holding on would be amazing with jackie chan-tier coreography.

Apparently there's been people(shills?) that's hyping up for this movie.

They are only doing the first 2 volumes, accelerated and tweaked, and the motor ball arc. I don't think Jashugan will be apart of the movie, way past Hollywood to pull off a "villain" like him. People in the first two volumes, like Hugo and Vector, are getting tweaked to have some part in the motor ball stuff. Hugo teaches Alita, and Vector rigs matches

I saw the trailer, then decided to read the manga for the first time because its been on my watchlist for so long

then rewatched the trailer after watching enough volumes and came to that conclusion

Oil, sparks, gears, metal can probably still get them down to PG13.

If the movie has no fleshgore in general it'll completely miss the tone of the scrapyard.

One of the points of Makau's character was that he ate brains though. That's not very PG13

Lets be real, was zalems rule really that oppressive?

There was something about resources being taken away...

Yea I think the dystopia was caused less by direct tyranny and more by lack of control due to no actual government and no funding left over to form one.

Will the movie touch on Alita's origin as the cancerous ass tumour growth of a Martian princess?

The mangaka always wanted a Hollywood film he didn't care for an anime adaptation which is why the OVA is only 2 episodes long.

too bad, missed out on the opportunity to have roger waters play desty nova

Vector is being bodysnatched or possessed by nova actually