Holy shit this is the greatest shonen of all time

Is this the greatest shonen of all time? I'm a massive HxH fan but i felt this was so much better

It’s up there

YuYu is consistently great overall, but never reaches the heights of the Chimera Ant arc.

O

>actually liking HxH

Please dont mix your shit opinions with YYH

MUH

Although this is very true, I do still like YYH more.

Seriously, what's with all the praise YYH has been getting in the last year or so?

It's a fucking by the book shounen with good fights, a good lead, and one good side bro. That's all it is. Is it nostalgia hyping this show up again?

that’s like your opinion

Anniversary.

HXH is better. It's got a better power system and I think the world is more interesting.

There's a lot of parts and episodes of YYH I can watch over and over again and still enjoy it. "By the book" it may be but I found that didn't detract from my enjoyment.

Genkai is my senseifu

Would you a young Genkai?

>good fights, a good lead, and one good side bro
That's much more than your average shonen, though.

I recently rewatched it and it really ins't. Its fun, but it falls aparts once Chapter Black approaches its ending.

Are your standards that low?

Honestly I like HxH much more

YYH is a little more generic in comparison

name your favorite shonen and we’ll compare it to YYH

No, I'm just saying that most shonen anime doens't even have those three at the same time.
Hell, good fights alone are really hard to come by.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Too much filler and an unlikeable protag

>good fights
Meh

cell saga i mean chimera ant arc wasn't that good

That is completely wrong opinion. HxH is the consistent one. yyh reaches a peak in the dar tournament and its only downhill from that.

I’m not taking that bait

Bruh Sensui arch was the shiiiiitttt and so was dark tournament

DT was the peak of shounen though by comparison Sensui arc was average at best

Being by the book isn't always a bad thing. The difference between a good and bad series is execution and YYH was mostly executed well.

That doesnt explain comparing it to HxH.

ayy lmao

Dawg the last spirit detective coming back to eliminate the human race because of their cruelty to demons being defeated by the current spirit detective, who WAS a demon was so badass. All the enemies had cool powers, and the locations were all varied. Every character had great moments too.

ROOBER

Yu Yu Hakusho

>last spirit detective coming back to eliminate the human race because of their cruelty to demons being defeated by the current spirit detective, who WAS a demon

I’ll admit I forgot the duality of that scene shit was pretty nice. I’ll honestly have to rewatch that arc I remember the last fight between them turning me off a bit from it

Shit tastes detected. Chapter black was the best arc

That last fight was garbage. Two consecutive asspulls to beat the big bad. And they weren't your average asspulls either.

It's the opposite. YYH has higher highs (Dark Tournament finale and most of Chapter Black except the last quarter) but also far lower lows. HxH is more consistently good and the praise it gets reflects just that.

tfw when I realized Shinobu was dying of demon AIDs and that watching the chapter black tape red pilled him about blood libel and the kikes

The only thing it has in common with HxH is the author, a few similar techniques and character design.

Story wise there is no comparision.

Is this an intelligent manga for high IQ people like HxH?

Chapter Black was good, but the Sensui vs Yusuke fight almost ruined it for me. What a boring fight.

Other than the anime only arc, what was a low? All the short arcs in the beginning were amazing.

>a shonen tournament arc
>better than a Literary story with Gray morality, parallels, simbology, huge character development, warfare, politics and an anti-climatic endings

YYHfags are literal children

Its a chill manga for chill people

It’s normie bait
They put it on Hulu and Crunchyroll so a lot of plebs have access to it now, similar to when sailor moon became available

>>a Literary story with Gray morality, parallels, simbology, huge character development, warfare, politics and an anti-climatic endings

like the chapter black arc?

>pshh nothing personnel kid
Is all I got out of your post.

Said no one ever, literally proto-HxH. It's good, but come on it's shonen tropes with a lot of soul

not-Cell was shit

The asspull that apparently isn’t an asspull because HxHfags say it wasn’t was shit (and an asspull)

HxH is a pretty good shonen overall though

It's not an ass pull because Togashi previously established that main characters can pull shit out of their ass

I can be chill when I use to much intelligence.

>watches anime adaptations
>calls others children

HxH as a whole is chapter black but properly done.

Most of the things you listed are so inconsistent, and spaced so far out and far inbetween it hardly even matters.

>never reaches the heights of HxH's worst arc by far

Its the most overrated generic shonen there is

Official 100% Objective Fact Arc Ratings:

Yu Yu Hakusho:
Spirit Detective: 7/10
Dark Tournament: 10/10
Chapter Black: 8/10
Demon World: 5/10

Hunter X Hunter
Hunter Exam: 6/10
Heaven's Arena: 5/10
Phantom Trope: 7/10
Greed Island: 6/10
Chimera Ant: 11/10
Chairman Election.: 6/10

Where Kurama and Hiei gay?

I think Togashi said he wanted them to be but I don't have a sauce, so take that with a grain of salt.
Itsuki and Sensui were definitely homo though

It's the most overrated battle shounen of all time.

Dark Tournament is my favourite shounen arc because of that nice, retro music and drama outside the tournament like Yusuke's near-death struggle to power-up, then having to watch Genkai get "killed" by Toguro in front of him, and Hiei learning about what he can do with his Darkness Flame, Kuruma's form reversal because of that fishing rod cunt, and so on. With the characters talking shit to each other just like they would in real life even when they're on the brink of death, it really made it seem like a "we're in this together" kind of arc imo.

NUN

Togashi taking notes from Raimi