Should it get a sequel/remake or be left alone?

should it get a sequel/remake or be left alone?

Leave it alone. Ghibli films are definitely movies that don't need remakes.

Nausicaa is the exception to that given the film was made before the manga concluded so the story is a total mess. It looks fantastic, but that's pretty much it.

the manga deserves a proper anime adaptation. It's a shame that Miyazaki doesn't want to do it and that Anno is the only one who's allowed to.

I want to see the parts, but that's it.

Sequel definitely. It's not like it wouldn't be immensely profitable either, I don't know why Miyazaki won't do it already.

>Anno is the only one who's allowed to
Did he say that?

I'm not a fan of turning masterpieces into franchises, regardless of whether or not it was a partial adaptation. The film still has a coherent narrative, and Miyazaki is not the director he used to be.
I've never heard this business about Anno being allowed to do it, but his best work is behind him, as well.

Miyazaki gave Anno permission to make sequels a couple of years ago since he kept bothering him about it. I'm only assuming that Anno is the only one he'd allow to do it.

>I'm not a fan of turning masterpieces into franchises
The film we have right now is not a masterpiece though, the manga is.
It deserves to be adapted.

the parts?

>his best work is behind him
LIterally what? Shin Godzilla was fucking great.

Nausicaa is a masterpiece, and possibly the best anime film ever made. The story it tells is still exceptional, and I would place it at the peak of animation for its visuals and direction.
I've read the manga, and I'd call it a masterpiece as well, but I don't think the smaller narrative scope in the film detracts from its value.

>Nausicaa is a masterpiece, and possibly the best anime film ever made.
It's not. It's really not even close when you read the manga, I don't know how you could think that.
Not even close to the best ghibli film, let alone best Miyazaki film.

It was okay, and nowhere near his work from Gainax's classic period.

The movie tries to do too much in too little time.

I'd love for the manga to get a proper adaption. A one cour series should be enough so it doesn't drag.

Films and manga have different aims.
It's easily Miyazaki's best film, by the way, and the clearest statement of his cinematic vision.
The only films that come close are Totoro and Porco Rosso.

No and yes.

would it even be possible to tie in the rest of the manga from where the film left off? I haven't watched it in years but I do remember that it diverged a lot from the manga at the end.

>The movie tries to do too much in too little time.
It really doesn't. It tells a contained portion of the story with a coherent middle and ending, and manages to address its themes about war and environmentalism very eloquently.

No remake, i'd want a sequel with cel animation, but it's not happening so leave it be and just read the manga.

Probably unpopular opinion, but I think the biggest reason I never cared much for this movie is the protag. I don't mind paragons, but she's just such a fucking constant goody two shoes who's good at everything, "charming", sensitive and everyone is constantly kissing her ass. It's like they tried way too hard to make her likable.

I actually prefer the anime to the mange.
The anime had its neat little storry concluded and there was a glimmer of hope. The manga on the other hand gets wilder by the secound with psyker, AIs and feeling fungi. They even literally said that the humans will die since they are genetically engieneered to only life in poison now.
All in all I rather have an short and concluded story with an happy end then this dragged on "can the humans finally die" stuff.

>Miyazaki: Nausicaä’s breasts are quite large, don’t you think?

>Interviewer: Yes. (laughs)

>Miyazaki: That’s not only so she’ll be able to breast feed her children, or for sleeping with the guy she likes. They’re when she embraces the old man and old ladies in the castle when they are dying. I think her bosom is something like that. That’s why it had to become big.

>Interviewer: Ah...I see... (Shock!)

>Miyazaki: When she held them to her chest, they could die peacefully. I thought her bosom needed to be as such.

Wow, dude. Really???