So Mari was the daughter of Shinji and Asuka and was conceived during the Eva tv series, right?

So Mari was the daughter of Shinji and Asuka and was conceived during the Eva tv series, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ppl12
streamable.com/mg6m4
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj_kO-b5PfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With how shitty 3.0 was and how shitty 4.0 is going to be, who cares.

yeah sure, whatever

Red plugsuit + white plugsuit = pink plugsuit. Also Maris hair (more of a stretch) seems like Shinjis hair but longer and with a reddish tint.

kek

I see the endgame.

I don't understand why they invented a new character, when there are plenty of older NGE characters that they could've used instead. Hikari 100% could've been a major character, instead. It's not only that, but Mari doesn't add enough to the plot to justify being pushed in. Mari is a mess. Mari is a big fat waste.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Nigga ths show is so pretentious that even the dumbest, most hipster theories make it seem plausible.

Hikari becomes a pilot in one of the spin off mangas

I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm saying anyone could write something like "Kensuke's camera can look into an alternate universe" and someone will eat it up.

Just because some fan theories are unsupported by evidence doesn't mean they all are.

The real Asuka died in the bathtub.

Mari was invented to be waifubait. Purpose fulfilled.

Boring even with the nails.

Asuka died on that tanker two years ago

I interpret that scene as Asuka despairing over Shinji not acknowledging her feelings and she feels he used her physically (which resulted in her pregnancy)

The whole preggers thing proves Sup Forums really was a hivemind the entire time.
It's not even conclusive if they banged even once. Or if Asuka can even get pregnant because of extreme stress and exhaustion.

>It's not even conclusive if they banged even once.
Just because its not on screen doesn't mean it didn't happen. A lot of the important subplots in the series are only implied.

And just because it should happen doesn't mean it did happen.
Do you think it was good, or was it just an awkward teenage thing?

When Asuka and Shinji are interacting in instrumentality there is no physical interaction; no bodies. Because of this, I infer that slides like pic related happened during the TV series and these flashbacks are supposed to confirm these subplots as true beyond subtle implications. Also its likely that the sex was initiated by Asuka and Shinji was very unresponsive/passive during.

You know each generation looks more and more like a girl version of himself.

forgot pic related

I always imagine she'd simply tease him until he went wild, since that always seems to work.

prolly should post this one.

I'd like to think of it as somewhat merging timelines through angel interactions. As Anno stated with the rebuilds: "Evangelion is a story of repitition...It is a story of the will to move forward, even if only a little."

Her teasing Shinji, until EoE, actually never "worked" as you described throughout the TV series and was one of the roots of Asuka's frustration. Asuka has an idealized and father-issues type vision of masculinity because of Kaji and she tries, and fails, to project that onto the more vulnerable and (more importantly) emotionally unaccommodating Shinji.

Yeah I've seen that pic before it is better.

>I'd like to think of it as somewhat merging timelines through angel interactions.
Can you explain further what you mean?

To sell more toys.

So basically what they needed to do was just get a drink and spend a few hours talking.

What is this pic meant to prove

The point of these characters being adolescents is, at their development stage, they are incapable of translating their new feelings (puberty, budding sexual desires) into language they can communicate. And its even less likely they would be able to communicate these feelings to the opposite sex. One of the themes of Eva is the coming-of-age hurdle everyone must overcome, and how it can be perverted into something very negative like it did in the series when Asuka initiated relations with Shinji.

So no, a conversation would solve nothing.

Shinji actually did penetrate her wall of jericho indicated by Asuka atop shinji while on Asuka's futon (same color)

Theres a lot of stuff from the rebuilds especially that seem to indicate that there's a lot of funky shit going on with converging stories that are seemingly left unexplained so far in the rebuilds.

>Asuka in 3.0 having the eyepatch and bandages on her plug suit, reminiscent of the damage her eva and self took in EoE
>Blood splatter on the moon, which happened in EoE with GNR death
>End of Eva 1.0, Kowaru says "The third again, huh? You never change do you."
>End of Eva 2.0, Kowaru says "THIS TIME, I will, at least, make you happy."
>Rebuilds have a Red Sea, which was seen previously only in EoE
>Shinji's tape player moves to track 27 where previously it only repeated on earlier tracks

That made me think then about this page in the Manga. The endings seem to be progressing over time with Shinji's evolution.

>OA ending, shinji accepts instrumentality in a sense while congratulated by all those that helped him
>EoE, Shinji rejects it, perhaps to be with Asuka even when he was rejected
>Manga, Shinji, while showing more assertion at the end with saving Asuka, gets to relive life in a new world, and Mari is first introduced.
>Rebuilds, ???. The changes to Shikinami from Soryu indicate that Asuka might be someone different entirely, and her backstory is almost left out intentionally.

Its stuff that ive been thinking about now for a bit recently. Only cause of that I look forward to Eva 4.0, where before I was almost skeptical.

So what would? I mean, besides the obvious.

At this point i doubt even Anno knows. But i don't believe in any for of "instrumentality conceived" kid. If there were to ever fuck, its after leaving instrumentality.

Anyway, i kinda like the theory that the rebuid that shinjo somehow ended up tanged again, the entire rebuild is his dream inside it. The real asuka isnt there, so she got replaced by a idealized shikinami.
Rei is there as a ghost watching everything, but the "physical reis" are also idealized fakes.

Have second impact never happen.

>I mean, besides the obvious.
that would be?

thanks for the info.

Always just assumed he was holding an Asuka wig, because in the koolaid he was arguing with an asuka who was just an element of himself, because she wasn't turned into koolaid along with everyone else.

I don't know about Mari but she does seem to be related in some way to Asuka. If not, she is probably a FAR member, possibly an Adam.

Soryu is probably coming back at the end of Rebuild, see image related.

>But i don't believe in any for of "instrumentality conceived" kid.
Like I said in the OP, the conception happened in the tv series far before instrumentality (most like in or between ep 9 and 15)

>the entire rebuild is his dream inside it
If this is true the Mari could be the manifestation of Shinji and Asuka's unborn child as a character within instrumentality induced dream-storyline of the rebuilds

I made that image and I'm working on a giant autistic theory. It seems almost certain that they had sex during episode 15. What's more, the 'coffee fight' in instrumentality seems to have actually happened in episode 15 as well, probably around midnight.

I already posted a lot of the evidence for them having sex in an earlier Evangelion thread, but here's why I think the coffee fight happened.

Notice that prior to the fight there are four chairs in the kitchen.

During the course of the fight, Shinji breaks one or more chairs (it's difficult to tell.)

The next day, in episode 16, one or more chairs are missing from the kitchen.

So the coffee fight was, at least in part, a memory of real events.

All night sex, with or without choking. Or maybe find a deserted corridor or room in the central dogma and do it there. Some place that has echo and one of vents with light rays coming out of it.

>he was arguing with an asuka who was just an element of himself, because she wasn't turned into koolaid along with everyone else.
makes sense

>he was holding an Asuka wig
unlikely. I assume that the pic actually happened and, even if it was just shinjis mind, it was still a memory of an event that actually happened.

So you're saying Asuka had sex with Shinji, Shinji didn't really react the way she had hoped he would (he was probably passive and uninterested in it) she was then hurt by it because she was actually pregnant and felt like Shinji was once again hiding from his problems and Misato never really gave her help or advice?

I doubt that would ever happen. They are both relatively immature sexually. Asuka initiating anything with the unaccommodating shinji is just her imitating what she thinks adults do. common behavior from adolescents who experienced trauma as kids.

I don't think Shinji necessarily did anything wrong, she was happy the morning after. Check out how chipper she is in the shower, humming and shit.

Things went downhill because that incident caused Shinji to overtake her sync ratio (it's specifically framed as Shinji's rising, and not hers falling.)
Misato says something cryptic in episode 16 about "The way she lost to (Shinji)" being humiliating or something like that, I can't be assed to find it atm.

There's also then that weird theory that the songs in the credits of the rebuilds actually are Soryu trying to communicate with Shinji... which just happened to post.

Not sure about this one. In the shot after that you see the kitchen table as it goes over to Kaji's message. There's three chairs, all empty. We can probably assume the fourth is the one that Misato is sitting on currently.

Oh, might just be animation weirdness then

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess there's always sadpanda.

I think that is very plausible. Its possible all slides flashed in EoE during instrumentality are recollections of real memories that happened off screen in the tv series and are only implied until EoE.

The only thing Asuka has in her life is piloting Eva 02, if she feels she isn't the cream of the crop then she becomes self destructive and falls into a deep depression, but because she doesn't want to be percieved as weak in the minds of others, she acts ultra smug and confident when deep down she's a broken, nervous wreck.

I still can't tell if you're making sense or seeing patterns. Eva is like tarot, trying to make sense of it can tell you something about the person making the question or the answer, but it almost never answers the actual question.

One of the best pieces of evidence for Asuka and Shinji boning is in this scene

streamable.com/ppl12

At 0:36 and 0:42, Arael replays a memory of something Asuka once said. It sounds hushed, as if said during a moment of intimacy.
In the background the distorted sound of moans or sobs can be heard.

It's not in this clip, but directly afterwards the camera cuts to Asuka curled up in the plug
>Asuka: (sobbing) My heart's been defiled...
>Kaji-san, I've been defiled...
>What will I do? I've been defiled...

In classic Anno style, this can be interpreted, at first glance, to be a 'mindrape' thing from Arael invading her mind
But really, it's not Arael who defiled her at all.
Arael simply showed her the time she allowed someone else to do it, willingly.

>Shinji didn't really react the way she had hoped he would (he was probably passive and uninterested in it) she was then hurt by it because she was actually pregnant and felt like Shinji was once again hiding from his problems
Its more like Asuka pushed herself into a very emotionally vulnerable situation with Shinji but he did not reciprocate her feelings at all so she felt both emotionally and physically used and the pregnancy just added insult to injury. Basically Asuka is looking for validation and Shinji doesn't even humor her like Kaji did. This is not Shinji's intent at all he is just very introverted and
very inexperienced with women.

What's the symbolism for this?

Asuka swallows seeds.

What's the secret message behind this?

A watermelon is a lot like a tsundere.
The anatomy of it.

These characters are good because they have many dimensions. What the other user said and what you said are most likely both partially true and not entirely unrelated.

Rei took too much of her special NERV medicine

I seen this theory before, but it was a more negative view, with a bad timing

Asuka sexed him between episode 23 and 24 as a last resort to get him to react to her, he was completely uninterested. She took offense to it. The coffee scene started, she left and went kill herself in epi 24.

I dont particularly believe in this theory, and find a pregnancy out of it even harder, as she was menstruating. Shinji wasnt THAT dull. He was confused and afraid and yet he almost kissed her in his bed. I think that if asuka made such a move, he would get a glimpse determination, not the other way around.

very good post.

No way it happened after the mind invasion.

See Also, if the coffee scene happened, it was in episode 15. They're dressed in the same clothes as that night.

Touché user.

>as she was menstruating.
I always see this but where is the evidence? Is it because Misato told akagi she was and akagi said that has no effect on her tests? Misato could just as easily known what actually happened and is covering for asuka.

Asuka says something that might imply she's menstruating. At the least, it seems too casual to imply pregnancy

>Asuka (bathroom, doubled over clutching her stomach): Why do I have to put up with this just because I'm a girl? I don't even want to be a mother!

>he was completely uninterested
I don't get how anyone could be stay cold to THAT. Unironically, it blows my mind. And blows in general.

Some say that the red in her "suicide bathtube" was menstrual blood and that she was just starving herself.
Others say she slit her own wirsts

The thought of touching scar tissue through a plugsuit is at least mildly interesting.

The red was just rust.

Thats why i dont believe in said theory. He is not THAT dumb.
In instrumentality the scene makes a little more sense, given its not real sex, they are both having different reactions to it.

Some also say that is when she aborted her pregnancy and thats why she feels hopeless and suicidal because she feels ruined. She "lost her morals" or w/e

The city been destroyed 1 or 2 weeks before that. Such a thick layer of rust doesn't form that quickly.

The city has been getting destroyed for literal months at that point. It's a bathtub. Water.

Golden Thread

That might be casual for an adult to say in that circumstance, but Asuka, being an inexperienced adolescent, might not yet be able to grasp the gravity of her situation and the consequences of what she did on a whim.

In instrumentality he spent most time thinking about her eyes, and only mentioned her name out of all people he's interacted with. He wouldn't have been so cold if it did happen.
Then again I still think the whole thing is like tarot and one interpretation makes as much sense as another.

Well here's the quote. Next line is "I don't even want to have kids!"

It doesn't really sound like she *thinks* she's pregnant

Its not that shinji is too stupid to have sex, its that he is reluctant to let himself be vulnerable by opening up to someone emotionally, especially someone of the opposite sex. Its the inverse for Asuka as she desires validation which shinji is unlikely to ever feel comfortable enough to give.

Give me a minute, i will dig out my old full theory about intrumentality, Shinji and Asuka.

Something I noticed: he's only seen playing track 27 in eva 3.0 but when he's given the player after being fixed, its on track 28.

no stupid asushin fag
mari is asuka's mom clone sent from god to lewd shinji in front of kaworu

Mari broke his player in 2.0.

Or sabotaged it, rather. She is a spy.
streamable.com/mg6m4

Wait, what if that's what Kaworu did to the SDAT too?

Wouldn't this mean Mari is probably the same kind of thing as Kaworu?

And come to think of it, Mari is to Asuka as Kaworu is to Shinji...

>im-fucking-plying
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj_kO-b5PfE

Who is Mari a spy for? SEELE? UN? Japanese government?

I'm saying that she has a juvenile idea of what pregnancy is so thats why her reaction seems strange. (this is more of a stretch) She might also think she is having her period but she is actually pregnant, which she finds out later leading to her sharp mental decline.

I strongly regret ever getting into this series.

Nobody knows, as is the case with any good spy.

>Rei isnt Lilith this time around
>Its mari, which explain a lot of her "powers" to feel and smell things that she shouldnt be able.
>Asuka will trigger instrumentality this time around with a giant naked mari.

That's a good point, she's only about 13/14 and she still may not have experienced it yet, she maybe has a basic idea in pregnancy so maybe she thinks she's having Shinji's love child when she's just experiencing bloating and mood swings for the first time.

Remember there are four "adams" in Rebuild, not one.

So there ought to be three more people who are like Kaworu.

>this is what LASfags believe
Mari is just an oppai fan service character, Anno doesn't have some elaborate ruse cruise like Hideo Kojima, planned.

Why?

>maybe she thinks she's having Shinji's love child when she's just experiencing bloating and mood swings for the first time.
I think the inverse is more likely.

Same, but because of IRL stuff and not the series as such.