Boku no Hero Academia

Was this the exact moment that the series jumped the shark?

This, and the fact that Mirio had to be shafted as he was a better MC

No more shipperfags for this thread okay?

Was this the exact moment OP became a faggot?

As bad as it was, no.

Right here.

Deku needs to get on his level.

When you had to hear OTHER PEOPLE IN PUBLIC talk about it. Then, oh my god, it was just trash. Because anime isn't supposed to be things enjoyed by millions, it's supposed to be enjoyed by you and you alone. And if some plebeian, some commoner, some NORMIE starts talking about it, well that just means that it's all for babies and kiddies now and complete garbage.

Fuck off

I want more good Shiggy

>most common trope in shounen
>not even supposed to be taken literally
>jumping the shark

Please kys

Do you remember that scene in Superman that a girl wants to commit suicide and he stops her? I bet if the same scene happened on BnHA, readers would claim "dropped! save thanks to an asspull, Hori is a hack!"

>>not even supposed to be taken literally
right...

you can never please Sup Forums

this

this but unironically.

wow

>this
I'd much rather follow Mirio and Amajiki than Deku and Bakugou.

It's not. That entire experience was a precursor to some monumental new OfA ability that will come about in the future. I guarantee in two years when Deku is on the level as sage Naruto you'll all look back and be amazed that that's where it first broke the surface.

That's just Nighteye waxing poetic on his deathbed. Don't take it literally.

Shortly afterward, when Deku actually floated the possibility of giving away his quirk. That's the moment when it became no longer believable for him to become a #1 hero.

Great thread OP

I will follow Mirio and Eri.

maybe his character development was rewinded by eri

Everyday until canon

sport festival was the peak of mha.

I want tsuyu to sit on bakugou's face with her slimy smelly frg butt

When deku broke of Shinso mind control.

I want more va in general. The last arc solidified my thoughts that they are actually on a really interesting arc character wise, especially shiggy, and I want to see more of it.

It jumped at ONE HUUUNNNDRREEEEED PERCENT

Would you chubby Momo?

Hell ye.

>energy from wishing
P L O T

P O I N T

How come all that wishing energy didn't give Todoroki better parents?

Mirio is coming back...
With his Quirk...
To save the day...
at the end of the manga

I was kinda upset about it too. I was honestly cheering for him since he was quirkless, he would either be quirkless or get a weird quirk that no one would acknowledge him, but no, he gets the strongest quirk ever. Even from the number one hero.
Things like that don't make you wanna cheer for him because he has been given the golden egg from the beginning. Deku is guaranteed to become number one since the beginning.

Shush, goy. Breath in some gas.

Reiner can't please anyone

So you's sayin' da humie boy changed da future cuzza de assembled populace's collective belief dat he'd succeed? Well dat sounds roight Orky it does.

DA HUMIE MADE A WISH DAT SURPASSED ENTROPY AND IS ONTOLOGICALLY DESTINED TO DEFEAT EVERY VILLAIN WITH HIS OWN HANDS

OF COURSE DA HUMIE FORGOT HOW EQUAL DESPAIR IS BORN FROM HOPE, MEANING HE'S ALSO EVERY VILLAIN HE DEFEATS

SHOULD HAVE JUST WISHED FOR A BIGGER SHOOTAH

B-BUT IT'S JUST A METAPHOR I SWEAR!!!

They toyed with the idea of making Deku remain quirkless and getting into UA just by using modern tech and quick thinking. Hori did a sketch in the preface for one of the volumes. Personally I think that would have been abysmal. Dekus lost enough times to not be considered too much of a Mary Sue, the biggest guy he took out was muscular and he almost lost that fight. Overhaul doesn’t count because he entered God mode with Eri on his back

No.
It was at pic related that BNH jumped the shark

I think it was.

>b-but it's a metaphor
>hxhfags can't understand brainlets haha

>metaphor
No it's fucking literal, is the funny thing. Literal wish. Source of his power and conflict behind this series since Momma 1.0 was right when she asked "Are you sure you're not just making a huge mistake?"

Pls stop sucking shonen trope dick and stop being a degenerate

That was foreshadowed so hard I would've complained if he didn't consider giving his quirk away.

Spoilers when

>>not even supposed to be taken literally because I say so
Kys

>Gets strongest quirk that gets even stronger because thats how one for all works
>His quick thinking and analysis is reduced to "SMASHUUU, FULL COWL AND SMASHHHHUU"

There's a character in this series who isn't as they seem.
This character is Jirou.

she's desperately in the closet and her character arc will be coming to terms with her identity and then finding a cute gf with the assistance of some of her classmates

Not really. From the start BnHA as a product was about taking cliches and tropes and executing them well enough to still look exciting and fun. This time Hori just bit more than he could chew and failed to execute the changing destiny cliche good enough to no look tired and stupid. Unless you approach everything with typical Sup Forums kneejerk reaction, it's just a lower point of otherwise decent shonen manga.

Jirou is cock hungry and wants it from anyone who can give it

except the marley higher ups, which he did

The Yorknew arc in Hunter x Hunter did the whole "prophecies" plot point in a much more subtle and mature way.

>From the start BnHA as a product was about taking cliches and tropes and executing them well enough to still look exciting and fun
bnhafags actually believe this.

Of course the author has to make him lose to prevent Deku from being a Mary Sue; however, the foundation of the idea should not be ignored. Deku is young and inexperienced, that alone would guarantee him to lose some fights, no matter what quirk he gets. The series lost its value of Deku being underdog, which the audience should cheer for in chapter one. If a quirkless Deku was fighting for the quirkless population, I would have been more than happy to rate the manga 10/10.
I know things would not go as I want but it was the only complaint I have for the series.

reminder that the only valid criticisms that can be put against the previous arc are

-arc length
-poorly placed kirishima flashback
-girls had an almost insignificant display even though they fought one of the strongest bullets

>taking cliches and tropes and executing them well
I haven't seen this meme in a while.
Also
O

Because Academia isn't subtle, nor does it intend to be

Yeah I can agree with that mostly but if executing tropes good is your whole stick as a mangaka and you fuck that up it is doomed to get the deserved hate

that fight actually had consequences for deku.

his fight with overhaul had none.

She is 'worried' about Todo and Bakus training because she secretly wants to get DPd by them

>taking cliches and tropes and executing them well

What are you guys listening too?

The final fight sucked ass

MY

>not even supposed to be taken literally
Fuck off Nighteye, I bet you're just a crook who's just pretending to have a future-seeing quirk

Are you trying to prove me right or somehow argue against? I'm saying this arc failed at execution, you post the failed execution in this arc. What is your argument?

Well, you can almost save Fairy Tail if you consider that every moment like pic related (in which they win thanks to "muh friends believe in me") was in reality all thanks to Mavis' loli body that was linked to every guild member and fueled them with infinite mana when in danger. The reason she got that power is bullshit, but at least is only one bullshit

>naruto ripoff
>people don't expect main girl to end up with rival
AHAHAH

Yeah Let's forget the asspulls

>sets up rewind quirk
>utilizes rewind quirk
>"O MY ASSPULL XDDDD"

>What is your argument?
Let's try another arc
O MY IT MOVED!!!

everyone says it's Mina but Jirou is true slut of class A

Eraserhead is apparently working with time reverse girl to control her quirk.

In other words its pretty much confirmed he's getting his quirk back. Which pisses me off. Why take it in the first place then? What was the point of Eraserheads kidnapping at the end of the last arc? There is so much bullshit done for cheap drama that doesn't have a lasting effect on the story. Hori who clearly has no clue what he's doing uses cheap drama to try and get a reaction from the audience to keep them reading. Then he just retcons it. His writing was never the best but always showed potential to improve. He's gone and thrown away all that potential.

It jumped the shark when All Might gave Deku his quirk. Should've been a story of a quirkless hero getting to the top through sheer hard work. Mei and Deku would've made a great team.

FUTURE

>said to have no control over her quirk
>didn't rewind Deku into a monkey
>rewind Deku's damage to the exact moment so that he could execute 100% instantaneously and constantly.
>deku didn't have cancer after that.
Asspull is when a said character claimed they could not do anything and then did the thing perfectly.

Not this again

Everyone has doubts. That's fine. Acting on them is different.

>Should've been a story of a quirkless hero getting to the top through sheer hard work.

That would have been gay as fuck and had 1000 more asspulls

Recall all the possible stories where villain is capable of mind control and try to think of one where the hero couldn't break out of it through strong willpower.

>Eraserhead is apparently working with time reverse girl to control her quirk.
Wait what? I didn't read the latest chapter but didn't he say he would not use Eri's quirk during the hospital with Deku?

Is this real?
I don't read BNH but I thought this kind of shit only exist in fairytale

>it's another shitposter thread

don't you got something better to do op

>muh pacing
>his manga is weekly

Check your privilege

If Mirio becomes the top hero without a quirk I would call Deku asspull.

we don't know that. i still think his quirk got rewound a little.

i honestly think hiro dropped this avatar setup.

The thing about making Deku a quirkless hero is it would be even worse asspulls for him winning or even fighting some of the people he does with super good quirks.
Like how would he have fought Todoroki well enough to force him to use his fire if he didn’t have a Quirk?
Hori would make him win his fights through some other way, like pulling a gadget or something and people would still bitch about it just like people complain about Batman being batgod when he does something like that.

Deku lost his underdog status when he got the quirk. Or at the latest when he learned to control it for longer intervals.

Bakugou is more of an underdog just from his quirk. It's good, but has a lot of drawbacks that make it incredibly hard to use. It's not as shitty as sugar mans though.

It was said twice, two goddamn times that the only way Deku managed to stop her from turning him into monkey was by using so much OfA that the constant changes to his body matched the speed of her rewinding. This reminds me being really annoyed with Persona 5, since every single plotpoint was regurgitated several times in the dialogues, and I was thinking they must take their audience for absolute drooling retards, but I guess with people like you it's a necessity.

5 MINUTES
you should read it for the laughs of how much of a garbage it is desu

no. /fit/ for life, nigger

Nah, too skinny compared to Ochaco.

It takes zero effort to allude to future events through metaphor.

where?

it was pretty hype. It's better read in one go too since you don't have to wait weekly.

Let's try another one
O MY O BLOOD TYPE