Is Ping Pong The Animation any good?

Is Ping Pong The Animation any good?

I'm new to anime and have over the last year been working my way though some of the more popular titles.

Should I give this a try or should I skip it?

It's worth the watch, animation is limited, but has phenomenal writing and is an interesting character study

>is water wet

It is the ugliest anime ever made and its story is a hackneyed mishmash of tired, overdone shonen/sports cliches. It's an abortion.

give it a try, if you don't feel like continuing after the first episode, drop it. Never listen to retards like

No dont watch it.

>animation is limited
Are you retarded is has great animation, it's the artstyle you don't like.
There is a difference you know.

(...)

It's the most accessible Yuasa show, if nothing else. You'll probably like it more if you've played competitive games in the past.

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume is basically a good version of Ping Pong The Animation.

This.

Yuasa circlejerk, gather around for the end of the year circlejerking.

I will gaurantee you it is better than a lot of other stuff you've been watching.

It's a great anime and its portrayal of the characters and their psychology is really great. A lot of people aren't fans of the art style, but I personally think that that particular art style makes it more intriguing and less boring. Not to mention the face that all the ping pong matches really draw you in because of the art style.

OP just watch it. Don't form your opinions based on some mob mentality or someone elses opinions. Be your own person.

It is unironically the best thing to come out of japan since that painting of the woman doing it with the squid

/thread

It was the first anime ever made in Paint. Truly a timeless classic.

This desu

realtalk I still think swapping the scene with Peco in the arcade for the beach scene wasn't a good idea.

This. Anime is a visual medium

this.

>rec thread
>reddit spacing
Recommendation/request threads belong on the appropriate board, Lurk for 2 years before posting.

It was highly underrated and the best show of its season. Watch it and form your own opinion. Personally, I love it and I would recommend it to anyone that can put up with the art style (which grew on me over time).

fuckign yuasa fag. animation sucks. you cant tell me this can compete with stuff like Araki´s SNK, or Makoto Shinkai stuf. Even Naruto´s animation is better, give me a break. next thing you are gonna tell is dj tonkatsu animation is at the same level of Wings of Honneamise

One of the most powerful scenes I've ever experienced.

Just watch it and make your own opinion, faggot.

Shinkai’s directing is bland in comparison so yeah it compares.

No Shinkai movie have anything better than good animation, retard, they just have great art. And SNK is very inconsistent, but I do enjoy Araki's directing at times.