Uramichi Oniisan

Oniisan is feeling pretty good, so let's enjoy chapter 4 together before the scanlators come shilling again.

Will also be posting chapter 3 in case you wonderful anons missed it.

scanlator drama? what did they pull this time?

Not a huge deal, they just went out of their way to namedrop themselves and say "MAKE SURE YOU THANK THESE GUYS WINKWINKNUDGENUDGE" when they storytimed C2 and straight up posted the credits page in the OP when they did C3. As a storytimer I just find that annoying.

I storytimed C1 and I'll try to keep storytiming future chapters but I'm starting a new job in a few weeks so they'll probably beat me to the punch in the future.

Chapter 4 begins now.

And that's it.

I hope to see all you wonderful children again next time.

Thanks for dumping, this manga is fun as fuck.

I thought the past few chapters have been treading water a bit, but I'm interested to see where it goes. At some point the author will have to open up a broader plotline or goal or it'll get stale.

I'd like to see more of Uramichi's backstory soon. The only things we know so far are that he's an ex-gymnast who went to some posh uni and that his life trajectory went flaccid over the past few years.

I kind of like the handsome guy. His ability to not think and check out of everything is impressive.

Who would actually have their little kid watch this program

Japan has a daycare availability crisis, working moms gotta do something. Oniisan will teach everyone about the hardships of life.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the "Mom" from "Together With Mom" hasn't showed up yet. I wonder if her character exists or if she's just a disembodied concept like the adults in Charlie Brown. Wouldn't mind seeing a disenfranchised permadrunk MILF or cake (who actually looks like a cake).

But can you live with the constant awful puns and him busting into your room when you want privacy?

I would. They need to have their hopes and dreams crushed early before they get them crushed later.

"Together with Mom" shows in Japan are meant to be watched with your mother in the morning when you are a kid so I don't think a character like that would appear

The twist is that it's not actually aimed at children. It's just a show teens and grownups can laugh at and get their sick kicks from. Kids just sometimes become fans of it.

>Teenage depression rate at an all time high
>It's cool and fun to talk about killing yourself and how sucky your middle/high school life is
And look how well that turned out

They seems more interested in trying to steer kids off the path of self-destruction than telling them the future will be hopeless.

>A character like that wouldn't exist
On purpose. It'll probably slip through at times knowing how fucked everyone else here is.
But if you want a purposefully done character like that, an actual Krusty aim for the elementary/middle school time slots.

So like a Japanese Wonder Showzen?