What is the best battle shonen arc in history and why is it Soul Society?

What is the best battle shonen arc in history and why is it Soul Society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TLvVbk94eM
youtube.com/watch?v=a4EooJf3ZKc
youtube.com/watch?v=92TEcszkRBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go back to YouTube, Jaymes Hansen.

I honestly like that guy's dedication

>best battle shonen arc
Just because it's the best turd doesn't mean that it's still not a turd.

He's an obnoxious schmuck.

I'll never understand why this arc gets so much praise when it's standard "good" shonen. The best arc was undoubtedly Pre-Shinigami.

>comfy nip ghost-busters
>cool 2000s fashion
>main cast got focus and weren't sidelined for overrated shinigami
>human characters got focus as well

None of them stop reading battle shonen already and grow the fuck up you fucking loser.

Moefag scum

There exists more to the world of anime than moe and shonen, retard-kun.

Shounen is the best anime has to offer

Moefags are really the lowest of the low. Pretty much neck in neck with the "I read maturr seinen" crowd when the reality is that a vast number of them, as in shonen, are crap or turned to crap.

A challenger appears

Because you can read/watch YYH for an actually good version of that stuff.

True, though the quality of shounen varies a lot from amazing to shit. I hate the shitty ones like Bleach and Black Clover giving shounen a bad name.

Chimera ant arc is by far the best shounen has to offer.

The time of Rukia's execution was... changed

Chimera Ant, Dark Tournament, Kyoto, Yorkshin

Someone please post it

Why are 3 of those by the same mangaka?

On par or so with Water 7 + Ennies Lobby

Can we call the whole first part of Hokuto no Ken an arc, because then that.

If we're talking about tournament arcs then there is literally none better than Tenchou Gorin Dai Bukai arc from Sakigake Otokojuku.

I think the way people argue about shounen so much shows the variance in quality there, because there's more to compare. Unlike the moe slice of life shit where people don't know how to argue what makes a good or bad show because quality just doesn't exist in that genre.

>1.03 MB
That's some nice compression.

But One Piece is objectively trash.

>blocks your path

The world suddenly became so much bigger in one single arc. It moved beyond the stereotypical shonen high school-centric series by demonstrating that there was this beautiful pseudo-feudal Japanese dystopia. The shinigami suddenly felt so much more relevant. The scale of fights became massive, and the stakes rose eventually so that it became more than just a "rescue" operation; it was a schism in an entire soul society.

Don't shill you shit here.

Not even the best in the series.

>That smug Ichigo
What went wrong?

SS arc since that's when the series went full on shonen.

Second best, it had the second best villain reveal of all time. But there is one manga with an even better arc and far better villain reveal.

Yeah the pre-ss arc was comfy but it would have been saved if it detached itself from anime coventions with characters. The cast is extremely fucking boring, they don't feel like real people that anyone would want to be around.

Not true, Ichigo could get really angsty before SS (e. g. Grand Fisher story) and he was still smug in SS (heck, the famous "5 ambulances" scene comes from friggin' SS arc). It's only later when Kubo lost the balance and made him either depressed way too much.

Also
youtube.com/watch?v=7TLvVbk94eM
and
youtube.com/watch?v=a4EooJf3ZKc
are still the best Ichigo's best scenes.

I remember the ambulance scene stood out for me as the one bit that actually impressed me even though I'm a Bleach hater. It's one fun scene really but looks like gold compared to everything else.

>5 ambulances
Fucking amazing, 10/10.
Why did it have to go?!

I don't even like One Piece anymore and the best Battle Shounen arc is still Enies Lobby

Well because it is the chunin exam from naruto.

>all this op, bleach and naruto mentions
jesus fucking christ you nostalfags are a steaming pile of shit.

Namek > literally everything > Chimera Filler Ant

honestly i agree, but it could be because it's one of my earlier ones

Spotted the underage

That was the best arc of Bleach, but it's definitely not the best arc in battle shonen history. Maybe not even a notable one overall.

Are you really telling people to grow up in a manga and anime board?

>underage
>when i'm older than your parents
sure thing filthy NEET

Namek
Android
Chunnin Exams
Dark Tournament
Water 7
Chimera Ant
Yoshiwara in Flames
Popularity Poll Arc
Teresa of the Faint Smile
Battle City Tournament

Probably missing some niche arcs from Kinnikuman or Baki the Grappler or some shit

>neet
What?
>actually trying to prove that you are old to generic underage insult

Shit I forgot two arcs from Digimon

The first is from the first season where the digital world and human world started interacting with one another resulting in a shitshow ending with the defeat of Devimon or whatever the fuck.

The second was in Tamers when shit started to get very depressing,

Are you fucking retarded?
This whole soul society shit was generic as fuck.
Every shounen trying to become bigger and bigger as the times goes, ever since Dragon Ball.

This.
You'll understand when you'll be 18.

Watch real mature anime for real mature people like Tenshi no Tamago.

>this thread
I wonder where does Sup Forums become so awful like this.

Anime is inherently immature

>a media is inherently X
Read a book.

Not an argument

Yes, yours is not an argument.

You're objectively wrong

You guys do realise that was a flashback, right?

It's still good.

saiyan

I didn't say it wasn't

Im no expert or id go as far as call myself a pleb, but bro u take the cake for shit taste

Are we getting more CFYOW Soon?

You mean the champion.

Saiyan, you fucking twat.

user... choosing the best is cheating

back when Sup Forums was fun and mods didn't ban people for KOG posting.

To this very day. Soul Society arc remains as one of my favourite arcs of all time but I'm likely to be vey biased towards it as its what inspired me to come into the anime medium. In all honestly I sincerly doubt I would have enjoyed it as much as I did, if I watched it now.

Only one way to find out if it is a masterpiece that stands the test of time.

youtube.com/watch?v=92TEcszkRBw

Listening to the opening always made me hyped for the episode, too bad half of these fights never happened.

>Soul Society
It's not even original you newshit, it's a rehash of Saint Seiya's Sanctuary arc.

Teenage newfags acting like “adults”

It's quite different from the Sanctuary Arc. Ichigo only fights two of the captains. There was a bit of infighting going on, which made it unique.

I liked enies lobby, it had back to back powerful moments.

>Yorkshin
What the fuck am I reading?

Good taste, it looks like.

he means Yorknew, shin is moon for new.

except dragon ball is the original shitshonen

Should have ended after Soul Society with Ichiruki

Kubo never wanted IchiRuki tho.

Kubo is a shit writer, what he wants is irrelevant. There's a reason the SS arc and the Ghostbusters arc are so highly praised compared to the rest of Bleach, and it's not Renruki or Ichihime. Though I do want to say that I think Renruki and Ichihime are fine, I just think Ichiruki would have been better.

I thought Kubo straight up said the only thing he was interested in was making cool costumes?

True.

Which is why Bleach is so heartbreaking that it started with so much promise. Kubo trapped lightning in a bottle in less than 200 chapters and became beholden to a standard of writing he had no hope of maintaining.

Grounded (for shonen) fights with comprehensible stakes involving characters and motivations established earlier in the story that we give a shit about and want to see either succeed or justly lose.

Band of seven arc is the best because it has my husbando.

>this series will NEVER resume
It hurts

Sorry guys you got shit taste. Everyone time I ask you guys why it's so great, the answers are never enough but you can try too if you'd like.

>Kubo is a shit writer, what he wants is irrelevant.

I'd say that the author's wants is more important than some autistic shipperfag's.

>There's a reason the SS arc and the Ghostbusters arc are so highly praised compared to the rest of Bleach

It's because nostalgiafags have shit taste.

>Though I do want to say that I think Renruki and Ichihime are fine, I just think Ichiruki would have been better.

How? Ichigo and Rukia never wanted to shag each other.

IF YA WANNA SEE SOME ACTION

Water 7 - Enies Lobby
That arc had everything

Fucking millenials....

Soul society is runner up doe

Chunin exams

>never wanted to shag each other

Except for the fact that if you traded Rukia's role with say...Renji, Bleach would have been heralded as the first major shonen jump shonen story featuring canonically gay protagonists not played as a joke.

It has to be Sanctuary Arc. This is literally condensed essence of what people came to look for in shonenshit; a fucking gauntlet against a bumch of hyped up opponents who actually live up to their reputation, every main character has a chance to shine, there are few twists but nothing that would spoil the experience of the protags conquering each temple. It's cheesy as fuck but this is what the genre is all about.

A close second would be YYHK's Dark Tournament.

>no bloodwar anime yet
I want Pierrot to make a 50 ep filler arc about clones again.

Soul Society Arc was the best part of Bleach.
But Best Arc in Shonen is the Faudo arc in Gash Bell. That or Clear.

>Thinks that fujoshits misinterpreting a platonic relationship between two males as romantic validates IchiRuki.

IchiRukifags, everybody.