What's so good about this manga?

What's so good about this manga?

Jumbo

Everything except the interminable wait between chapters.

kawaii ne~

It's objectively the best manga

There has never been a bad chapter.

Everything.

But Yotsuba herself is the glue that pulls it all together.

>tfw we will never get yotsuba anime

It'd probably suck. Just enjoy the manga.

Good. Azumanga Daioh was shit.

An anime would ruin it. Secondaries everywhere.

But an OVA or web special like what Azumanga did at first would be good.

Everything. Asagi is best. Miura's mom is hot.

Everything, the only bad thing I can say about it is that it makes me feel old.

Thank God.

Let's not say things we don't mean. Inferior to the manga, but it wasn't shit.

Miura's mom really is super hot.

Anime by KyoAni when?

It was shit. Basically a powerpoint presentation that would drag old tired jokes out for minutes at a time.

Yotsuba's cuteness and weirdness.

It's cute and pleasant escapism with fun characters.

Hopefully never, I don't want to see Yotsuba with over 9000 shitty instagram filters.

It perfectly captures the innocence and wonder of childhood while remaining funny and light-hearted. It's like a warm ray of sunshine in comic form.

Bill Watterson was asked if he wanted to animate Calvin and Hobbes:
>“The visual sophistication of Pixar blows me away, but I have zero interest in animating Calvin and Hobbes. If you’ve ever compared a film to a novel it’s based on, you know the novel gets bludgeoned. It’s inevitable, because different media have different strengths and needs, and when you make a movie, the movie’s needs get served. As a comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes works exactly the way I intended it to. There’s no upside for me in adapting it.”

It's comfy.

Calvin and Hobbes is chuuni shit anyway.
Peanuts > all

No sane and decent person would ever dislike it. Really, it's the most inoffensive thing you will ever read in your life. It's cute and funny and the entire thing has the vibe of a lazy summer day.

>miss stake
Still sticks in my craw, if I wanted dumb official translated names I wouldn't be reading a fan translation.

>not reading it in Japanese

this

peppermint patty best girl

Has Azuma ever been approached for an anime adaption of Yotsuba&? I mean Azumanga Daioh got one.

overrated piece of crap
(waiting for my ban)

hope we get a cgi one

Yanda-san

This whole "CGI is bad" meme needs to die.

Kyoani brainlets will never comprehend the two best series of this year were both CGI.

It's not the best, but it's very good and one of my favorites.

It's not a bad localization for that line. I prefer Shimauu, but props to the original translator for that interpretation.

Whens book 14 coming out?

reported

Yes
But he denied them and refused to have an anime adaptation because he didn't want faggots to make an inferior adaptation like Azumanga Daioh.

I really want to see the hot air balloon chapter animated.

Cute snek

Right? She needs more screen time.

why is everyone such a Debbie Downer every-time this is brought up?

lighten up faggots, good anime are made all the time.

This plus mr. Koiwai is a great father

Oh hey, the once in a blue moon Yotsuba thread. Been waiting for one to ask, but are you guys reading beard gorilla?

Why? It works or do you just want TL notes the manga?

Miura

they prefer the original: honyaku-sha no memo, surely

>Inferior to the manga, but it wasn't shit.

I disagree immensely. It may have lost something in the snappy delivery of the jokes but the characterization felt much more warm and heartfelt because we where able to spend actual time absorbing the material

i need to finish rereading this

It's comfy and adorable. Only thing that ever made me want a kid. But then I remembered that reality sucks.
>mfw I was born too early for virtual reality

Yotsuba & Yanda bittersweet relationship.

ewww

>not liking both

The Yotsuba kick

Tora is best girl.

Tora has a dick

The Yotsuba slice

Yes and I love it, but it leans more towards romance manga than child rearing a lot of the time. It works for it though.

Yotsuba wants to play!

I think that at the very least, a studio should ask for the right from Azuma to make an OVA of the first volume.

>What's so good about this manga?

It is fun and great for learning JP!

FUKUA GOT HER HEARTH BROKEN

Mh, exactly. Not to mention the whole "my wife is dead" thing isn't played as a trope but can get really bittersweet at times yet without overdoing it. And of course, there's Michiru, which they absolutely nailed as the kid. Really, every character was very well thought of, regardless of screen time. Anyway, with that said though, >mfw one more chapter left and it takes a break until the next volume comes out, somewhere during summer from what I hear.

Reading Yotsuba makes you feel warm inside. Read the nip version if you want a good intro-level text to practice.

Every thread you say this, and every thread I'm fucking disgusted by it

No hurry, it will be decades before you have a good number of chapters.

I'm learning Japanese with it.

Oh wow, is it really all in kana? I mean I know kana, but am slow as fuck to actually read it, so this might actually help.

It has the Sup Forums girl as a mascot

It has kanji here and there but the vocabulary in general is fairly easy. A lot of people actually recommends it for beginners.

i read that all of yotsuba's text is in kana to signify her young age

Well even those have furigana so it's still basically all kana.
Makes sense then.

Correct, but contradictory enough, for beginners is hard to understand what she's saying sometimes. This is the case when you realize why kanji is needed in Japanese.
Example: what she's saying here is "because there are days you want to eat udon, and also days you want to eat bread". If you don't know where the nouns, verbs and particles are you end up messing everything. Translating what she said using kanji:
でもうどん食べたい日もパン食べたい日もあるからなー

Read it by ear and it sounded fine to me. Guess being ignorant of the grammar is what helped? Maybe?

Best girl coming through

Is Azumanga as easy as Yotsuba in nip? Cause I've already finished Yotsu and I actually never got to read/watch Azu.

Dude, yes

Actually having it all kana makes it quite annoying to parse. I'd rather have kanji+furigana.
If only nips could invent spaces