Official chart for reference.

>flop dragon
loooooooooooooooooooooooool

>Umaru

Made in Abyss is AOTY

Kekkai Sensen Beyond.

We all know what the answer is

Once again, I'm pretty sure you had a lobotomy in 2010

yes akanecchi, you are my pick. no, it wasnt even close.

This. I feel like this anime is somehow hidden gem.

I'm wating for the last episodes to come out for several series before I make a determination.

Not after that director change.

>sequel of a battle shonen with 325k fans on MAL
>a hidden gem
you people really dont know how popular most of your shit is, do you?

Really? I thought the setting they had was pretty unique but the story is an absolute train wreck. A fun train wreck mind you but still a train wreck.

Widest Journey.

Ping Pong

Houseki no Kuni was the hidden gem that shined the brightest.

Sagrada Reset by a large margin, too bad nobody will watch it till 2022, I'll wait for you guys.

Shoujo Shuumatsu for me

>not Princess Principal
>not Houseki no Kuni
>not YuYuYu prequel

Possibly even AoTD, I'm still sad that it's over.

I wish the anime adaptation was going to end right after the alloy crushes Phos' head but it's been spectacular regardless. Episode 10 especially.

Janky 3DCGshit is awful, cant believe that was the show neo/a/ decided to shill this season.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou. I don't want it to end.

>neo X
>shill
Hello, Sup Forums.

FAGirl

Houseki No Kuni

Rakugo or 3-gatsu

Kuzu no Honkai and Tsuki ga Kirei are tied for me.

jesus christ. ranking these two shows equally should be a bannable offense.

Little Witch Academia (TV)
No Contest

This

>Kino no Tabi
I need to re watch that.

>Dragon Maid

HAHAHAHAHAHA get the fuck out, kyoani shiller.

Made in Abyss

Can't say if Tsuki ga Kirei or Made in Abyss.

I'll go with Tsuki ga Kirei, because it leaves a deeper impact in your life.

Easily Kemono Friends
If KF didn't exist it'd probably be a toss-up between Houseki no Kuni and Made in Abyss

Ousama Game hands down.

The only anime with budget, plot and doesn't appeal to moeshit, fanservice or meme garbage.

dismal

MIA

Re:CREATORS. Not even a single doubt.

Just got done watching this and it was pretty good

+1

All I watched this season were a few episodes of Net-juu. Finished Gamers last season, don't remember anything from Winter, so, probably Tsuki ga Kirei.

Suka Suka

blyat

I've never seen a show so utterly fail at making me care about its characters while believing that it was the most tragic thing in the world.

It was a show that just fell flat on everything it tried to do.

poal.me/1mg9zi
In case you haven't seen these results or you want to compare your choice with Sup Forums's choice

Kemono Friends.

I thought I was the only one who still remembers this show.

It was a pretty forgettable show.

Infini-T Force

It was too gay for Sup Forums.

Strong AOTD contender desu.

>hidden gem
I know you're trying to be clever, but it's way too popular to even pretend like that applies.

>and doesn't appeal to moeshit, fanservice or meme garbage.
user, come on. I liked it, but it's a show about a grimdark genderswapped loli. Its premise alone is fanservice.

3-gatsu no Lion even if we only got one cour of both seasons within this year

It's popular on Sup Forums and in japan. General west audience doesn't watch it.

A week ago, I'd have said Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, but I finally got around to watching Made in Abyss this week. It's easily the best thing I've seen this year, I'm not sure how I managed to miss out on it when it was airing. Now I'm worried that I missed out on all of the other good shows this year since I didn't pick up much until this season.

stop your premature circlejerk and wait for SSR etc to end.

You're the only person in this thread with decent taste.

>Now I'm worried that I missed out on all of the other good shows this year
If you weren't watching at least 20 every season, then I guarantee that you did.

You should try using the internet outside of Sup Forums, it's popular with western audiences.

in his defense, if something ranks 19ths on MAL in popularity of currently airing seasonal shows, then calling popular is a bit of a stretch. what are those other 18 shows then? super popular?

Berserk

>Houseki no Kuni
Biggest surprise I had in 2017. In my opinion it still lacks a bit in order to be AOTY material, but I see a big potential for the future. I don't know what's gonna happen to the anime regarding a possible sequel, but I'm looking forward to it.

Second season alone wins this year easily.

it's pretty popular with the west

Hnk doesnt really have the depth to compete with Mia. The setting is really simplistic. Theres no lessons or morals to be learned, theres no revelation to be had.

Magus Bride should be 1. Accurate list otherwise.

Hail the Moon

Guru guru desu

>MIA

>Houseki no Kuni

>Youjo senki

As long as it's one of these three, I don't care.

Snoozefest, I'd rather read Harry Potter

>The setting is really simplistic.
That's why you pay attention to the characters. Seems like you missed the point.

The only shows popular with Sup Forums but nowhere else in the west are Kemonofriends and Guruguru

yeah, no

I liked both series, but if you're struggling to find any depth in the character interactions, relationships and development in HnK, then you're not really paying attention.

It sounds like you maybe enjoyed MIA for its spectacalized action sequences, which is fine. But that doesn't necessarily equate to "depth".

oh, and FAG

Man, speedreaders.
Stop watching houseki no kuni while also shitposting on Sup Forums. There's a shitton of meaning in it that's told subtly.

Also reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:creators. Latching on the worst trainwrecks is par of the course for Sup Forums.

oh, and Tiger Mask too, I suppose

Yeah no, that was popular everywhere else but Sup Forums

"you're struggling to find any depth in the character interactions"

>mc has a 20 second coversation with cinnabar and now they're considered lovers who care deeply about each other and fantasize about living their lives together for the rest of the live and they're put on the ED and OP together and cover of the BD box.
>characters are either really retarded or really smart depending on what the scene requires
>lets draw them like girls and call them guys, isnt that just fucking DEEP and poignant
>theres hundreds of years of nothing happening and everything stays exactly the same, then only when the mc is awake do things happen at x1000 speed

>mc has a 20 second coversation with cinnabar and now they're considered lovers
Cinnabar is what gets Phos to start changing, the lovers thing is only suggested by Dia who sees things like that. Are you literally watching at 2x speed?
>characters are either really retarded or really smart depending on what the scene requires
The only really questionable scenario was the shell thing but even then you could argue no one expected her inclusions to survive getting melted.
>lets draw them like girls and call them guys, isnt that just fucking DEEP and poignant
No one considers this deep, you're just shitposting at this point.
>theres hundreds of years of nothing happening and everything stays exactly the same, then only when the mc is awake do things happen at x1000 speed
Phos going through drastic changes in a stagnant society is literally a plot point, what are you even complaining about? Seems to me like you're just nitpicking and dumbing things down.

How can someone misinterpret something this fucking badly?

I can't even engage with this garbage.

>tfw almost dropped it before that intro ended
I thought it was just going to be another dumb ecchi show.

Sensei also gets pho changing, Dia also gets pho changing, the slug also gets pho changing.
> no one expected her inclusions to survive getting melted.
See pic.
>No one considers this deep
So you agree with me...?
>Phos going through drastic changes in a stagnant society
Why are they all changing their personalities when pho isnt around into a static rock. Theres no real justification for it. its just "and so a hundred years passed" which might as well read "and so a day passed" and nothing would change plotwise except make the setting more believable.

by far and away re:creators was my aoty, nothing else was nearly as much fun

Now that's what i call bait.

>tfw your two favourite shows of the year, tgk and guruguru have the same seiyuu in a lead role

Kemono Friends. I already enjoyed crappy 3D shows like Gdgd Fairies and Tesagure Bukatsumono.