Classroom of the Elite

Starting the dump of part 4 of chapter 2 of volume 4.5. I'll be dumping parts 4, 5, 6 and 7 of chapter 2 and I'll continue with part 8 of chapter 2 once I finish the dump.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/82prwk18
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzJEgqplcpl-dlp5VW5QeUJOaE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"It's hot...it's so hot I could die from this....".
The next day, in order to scout out Katsuragi's outings, I found myself on a street lined with trees. This is the street that branches off to the dormitories of each grade and as such in order to meet with a senior student, one would inevitably need to pass through here. In addition, this street also leads to Keyaki Mall where there are a multitude of shops as well as leading to the school itself. Therefore, wherever Katsuragi decides to go, I will not miss him.
Normally I would wait in the lobby where it's cool, however unfortunately a group of girls from another class who I do not know have decided to have a tea party there and that option was suppressed.

There was a shop I could have entered but it seems there aren't any seats left available, leaving him hesitant to actually enter, something like that. And my heart wasn't brave enough to slip into whatever free space I could find and relax there either. Occasionally, male and female students in their casual wear pass by peacefully, heading out to play for the day. Naturally all the students would be in their casual wear. Which was why I thought back to the Katsuragi who was wearing his uniform yesterday and asked myself a question. There is no rule stating that one cannot wear their uniform over the summer vacation. However, since the uniform itself stores heat and quickly heats up as such, even if one does not care much about being fashionable, it still wouldn't be convincing enough for them to go out wearing their uniform.

(Continued)

based user

But if he treats his uniform as his summer wear also that would be slightly more convincing. And instead of summer wear, Katsuragi was dressed sharply complete with long sleeves. It was something I had noticed recently, but there seems to be many variations of our uniform. Of course, the me who is constantly short on points was unaware of this, but it seems summer wear clothes are being sold at a rather expensive price as I had recently learned. The girls in our class, despite wanting those clothes someday, are currently forced into a state where they have to bear with it. It's part of the theory that one wears their casual wear when going out, but a reason to dare to wear one's uniform.....

As I thought of such a thing, my mind immediately goes to a similar type of person. The Katsuragi from yesterday, and not just him, it seems there are quite a few people who prefer their uniforms. And from the dormitory where senior students live, a male and a female student walk out. When they noticed me, they diverted from their path and approached me.
"It's been a while".
"I was wondering who would wear their uniform in this shitty hot weather, so it's Horikita's brother huh..." I replied.
Unlike Katsuragi, they were wearing a summer variation of the uniform, however seeing them wear their uniforms on a holiday made me recall feelings of incompatibility.
"Uwa, President, this boy has a "I just met with someone troublesome" face about him". Although I had only made such an easy-to-understand expression, the girl standing beside the elder Horikita, the 3rd year secretary Tachibana, said that in an exaggerated tone.
But even so, unlike the male uniforms, the uniform that the girls wear don't seem to give off the feeling of being hot.

(Continued)

If I could feel such coolness, I wouldn't be making complaints like that though.
"Even though it's the summer vacation, it seems the student council is rather busy" I asked them. Secretary Tachibana seems to be holding something resembling a notebook. I almost thought for a moment that the second semester had already begun.
"We were simply using the summer vacation to renovate the student council room and that is the extent of this relationship" Secretary Tachibana explains that to me without even the need to bother the president.
"I see, see you then" I told her.

"Uwaaa, for someone that just heard something like that your reaction is awfully carefree. More importantly you, you should watch your mouth a little bit more too. Do you even know who this person is? This is the fearsome student council president of this school, you know" Tachibana told me.
I know that. I also know that he wields an unbelievable amount of influence too. At first I did think to show respect and deference towards him, and even speak formally, but I had stopped thinking that along the way.
The elder Horikita too, does not seem to wish for me to speak formally and so I chose to not hold back.
But even so, Secretary Tachibana too seemed to be different from how I had initially imagined her. I had thought her to be a more serious person than this, but it seems she's quite a lenient person as well.

"Do you wish to impose a penalty on me befitting this school? Sorry but I'm completely out of points" I told her as if to shrug off her words. The elder Horikita too, I had thought, wouldn't want anything to do with a person like me but rather than leaving he narrowed his eyes and said this to me.

(Continued)

"Ayanokouji, if you are currently free, I want you to accompany me for a while"
"P-President?".
It seems Secretary Tachibana is surprised at the president who had just invited me. I was surprised too. But---
"Sorry but my schedule's already full" I told him.
"Ehh? You're declining?".

And now Secretary Tachibana seems to be overwhelmed by my rejection of the student council president's invitation.
"Then when are you free. I don't mind changing my schedule for you. I don't mind even if it's after school resumes" he tells me. It seems the elder Horikita is showing no signs of giving up.
It usually doesn't do much good to postpone the problem I guess. And besides, if we do this at a later date there's the possibility that I would end up wasting more time. If that's the case, it would be more convenient to do this now.
"Then let's hear it now. I still have some time until my next task" I told him.
"But you said your schedule was full just now?". I deflected all of Secretary Tachibana's interjections as she said them.

"Where were you planning on going from here? I don't mind changing my schedule to accomodate you".
"Ahh---I'm waiting for someone. If we can help it, I don't want to move from here" I replied to him.
"But it's hot here, you know? It's not a suitable place for a meeting".
"I'm well aware".
Even though it's hot here, I thought myself an upstanding person for honorably carrying out this punishment game scenario. It was self-praise.
"I suppose sometimes talking while standing isn't so bad either. If you feel uncomfortable here, I don't mind if you return to the dormitory ahead of me".

(Continued)

Thank you very much TL-user.

"No. My antenna is telling me I cannot leave president alone with this boy here" Tachibana replied to him. And after saluting the student council president like that, Secretary Tachibana stuck to him almost like a bodyguard.

"Reports have come in to the student council. The uninhabited island test and the special examination on the ship. Were they hard?" he asks me.
"The student council really has a lot of influence, huh? To think they'd even be privy to those reports".
"Even though I say reports, we don't know all the details. Individual actions and the degree thereof are unknown to us".
"I'm glad about that".
"Aren't you glad? That the president doesn't know about your failings" Tachibana said to me. It seems Secretary Tachibana never misses a chance to spit venom at me. It seems, at some point, she's marked me as her enemy.

I suppose it was inevitable given I was casually talking back to the president.
"But information is something that always ends up leaking. The fact that you outsmarted the other classes during the uninhabited island test, and the fact that you held the "target" on the cruise ship when you were assigned to the (Rabbit) group is something that is known to us" he told me.

Despite saying it's unknown, it seems a lot of it has been leaked. This is going to make me doubt their integrity.
"In addition, the name of Horikita Suzune came up after the uninhabited island test. That she became the center of her class and outsmarted the other classes. But in regards to that, I think the one truly responsible for that is you" he tells me and it seems the older Horikita has an absolute confidence in that. I softly murmured that to myself.
"You're completely overestimating me though?".
"The name of the leader ultimately changed to you. How would you explain that?".
"...you even know about something like that, huh?"

(Continued)

"The only ones who know of this fact are me and the Special Examinations Committee only. And now Secretary Tachibana has overheard us. This is something not even the homeroom teachers know of, so relax" he said.

This isn't a situation where I can just relax. Just how much influence does this man have? Normally, student councils are just decorations without any real power. For them to surpass even the teachers, what exactly is this?
"What exactly is this student council?" I asked him.
"The student council by itself has no power. It's up to the talent of the person leading it".
"That's again an impressive statement. I did hear about it earlier, but you're really Class A aren't you?".
I never really needed to confirm it, but since I'm already here I asked him again.

"Isn't that obvious? It's natural!!!" Tachibana replied.
"But in that case I still don't understand something. How large is the difference between me and Horikita? Actually, if you only look at our data, Horikita is far superior to me. I don't understand the reason you're bothering yourself with a D like me" I told him.
"You're misunderstanding one thing. I don't think the people of Class D are stupid. It's not like this school is sorting out exceptional people in order starting from Class A or anything like that".

"Umm president...I think you're saying too many unnecessary things, I think you may have said too much?".
"There's no problem. This man naturally understands that already".
Just how far is he intending to go in overpraising me? Ever since our strange first meeting, this student council president-sama seems to be focusing on me to a troublesome extent.

(Continued)

"Then why did you reject Horikita? Isn't it because she's of Class D?" I asked him.

"Regardless of the environment, as long as she's my sister I understand everything about her capability. She's a failure who was placed in Class D because she deserved it. There's nothing more and nothing less than that" he replied. This man sure views his sister very harshly.
"All of it was planned by Horikita. Your sister doesn't have any friends besides me you see, so I was only given the necessary role" I told him.
"That's wrong. This is not an idea she would think of".
Perhaps it's because they spent a long time together as siblings, it seems he has a complete grasp on her way of thinking. But even so, I have reached a point of understanding.
One of the reasons this man has set his eyes on me is most likely the same reason as Chabashira-sensei.

If he's noticed my playful 50% test scores on the entrance examination, it wouldn't be strange if he has also noticed the difference between my student report and my resume.
"Please stop fishing for my personal information like a stalker. I want to lead a quiet school life".
I appealed to him like that but after he touched his glasses once he again said this crazy statement.
"I did offer you this a while ago but, won't you join the student council?" he asks me.
Secretary Tachibana then panics with fluttering wide eyes. An extremely surprising statement had just been made.
"That's quite a laidback student council you have there. Have the seats not yet been filled?" I asked.

(Continued)

"P-President? Just a few days ago, the student council accepted a 1st year girl already, hasn't it? Isn't that the end of it? We also took in some 2nd years and all the seats should already be filled".
And that's apparently that. I said that to that man with eye contact but he proceeded to say something unprecedented.
"There is still one empty seat left" he said.
"One...it can't be!?".

"Ayanokouji. If you wish, I will use my influence to make you vice president" he told me.

"W-wait".
Secretary Tachibana seems to be back to her energetic self. I thought she was an interesting person from watching her.
"This is unprecedented! It's a 1st year and also from Class D. It can't be that this rude boy can suddenly become vice president!".
"I've said this many times over but I refuse" I told him.
"And in addition to that, I refuse without any more questions asked" I added.
But even so, this is strange. He doesn't seem to be saying this in jest, but the evaluation and the way he seems to be treating me is not normal. Indeed, to a certain extent, the elder Horikita has access to information.

Compared to Ike and Yamauchi (no offense to them), I can understand why he would choose me. But if we go by potential alone, starting with Katsuragi and Ichinose, including Hirata and even Kouenji. There should be plenty of students like that that exist. There should be no reason he would go to such lengths to elect me. That means there is a reason why it has to be me, in other words.

(Continued)

"It may not be for me to say as the student council president. But starting from next year, this school will undergo a massive change. And it's not going to be a desirable change at that. And when that time comes, in order to protect the rules of this school, I need to create a force capable of countering it from this current stage. It might already be too late though. I feel the necessity for that growing stronger every day" he told me.

"President, you're talking about that in the scenario where Nagumo-kun becomes the student council president, right? I don't quite believe he would end up making a bad school...".
I've never heard of the name Nagumo from amongst the 1st years. Changing starting from next year would mean he is from among the 2nd years.
"Normally, there can be up to two vice presidents at a time in the student council. Starting next year it seems it'll be just one, but if you change your mind, it's still not an impossible thing to do" he tells me.
"No, no, no President. Surely that's impossible...there's no way Nagumo-kun would give his permission for something like that".

"I don't know anything about vice presidents or any Nagumos but I won't do it. You're going to graduate and leave this school, that's all right? There's no need for you to worry about the students left behind. Or is it---". I slightly paused so that it would lend more weight to my next words.
"If it's because you're worried about your sister and want my help, then there might be room for you to consult me on the matter" I told him.
"...I see".
If I say that, then this man too, will not be able to depend on me too much. As a matter of fact, he seems to have given up completely, since after that he stopped touching on the subject of the student council.

(Continued)

"Sorry for taking up your time. That's all the business I have with you. But feel free to drop by the student council any time, I'd be happy to treat you to tea" he told me.
So even this man who's built up a firm foundation for this school has his own anxieties, huh? While feeling such an unexpected thing, I decided to return---but I can't go back. It was the perfect timing to go back though. It's too bad I have to wait for Katsuragi.

(Continued. This ends part 4 of chapter 2 of volume 4.5. Continuing part 5 dump now)

The situation started turning for the better roughly 30 minutes after my conversation with the older Horikita. Wearing the exact same outfit as yesterday, Katsuragi was slowly heading in my direction. While I observed him from a slight distance away out of his path, I saw him holding in his hands what seems like the bag containing what he bought from that shop yesterday.
"What does it mean?".
There's still time left until the 29th. Normally one would keep something like that in their room until then. But the fact that he is carrying it around now, perhaps he means to hand it over now?

Even so, I'm curious about his uniform-wearing appearance. Perhaps he intends to act in his formal wear, but honestly I'd rather not see him handing over the present in this heat wearing that outfit.
I held my breath as I attempt to confirm where Katsuragi is headed. And when I did, we soon came to a crossroads. Katsuragi did not proceed down the road that leads to the dormitories of the senior students. He instead proceeded down a road that was outside of my expectations surprisingly. What lies at the end of that road was the school amidst a summer vacation. I shadow him without alerting him.
"So that's why he was wearing his uniform---".

(Continued. This is now part 5 of chapter 2 of volume 4.5)

It wasn't because he liked wearing it but rather because he intended to enter the school. I finally understand. Katsuragi then entered the school from the main entrance. But since it's come to this, I can't follow Katsuragi just like that. As long as it is forbidden to enter the school building in casual wear, I cannot enter.
"Did you meet Katsuragi?!".
As my phone vibrated, my screen seems to be projecting a chat that seems to have been sent to my from the room. Then, without reading the message, I closed my phone and decided to change the direction of my attack. I headed towards the shop where we selected our presents yesterday at Keyaki Mall. And once there, I randomly entered a shop that seems to be popular with girls. I was curious what kind of presents would be sold in other shops.

It's just, even when compared to other shops, I could not tell what the difference was. In the end, I ended up returning to the shop from yesterday where Katsuragi bought his birthday present. I eventually reached the place where chocolates put in small, thin boxes were stacked. I did take into consideration the possibility that it might not just be a seniors student but a man he's giving the present to, but looking at it again, that possibility isn't very high. The chocolates were decorated with hearts and other decorations that girls would like.

"Kyahaha, I know right?". Some girls, who had started being loud inside the shop, passed behind me. At that moment, I received a slight bump to my back.
"Woah". The products that I bumped into with my elbow shook lightly, and the pile of stacked chocolate collapsed like an avalanche. The girls who were engulfed in their conversation, without even noticing the tragedy that had occurred here, simply left the shop while still talking.
"Geez". I do know that I don't have much of a presence, but I'd like them to at least notice me a little.

(Continued)

"What are you doing?". As I was attempting to restack the fallen products desperately, a giant man called out to me from behind. It was Katsuragi who should have gone to the school.

He looks down at me with a perplexed face.
"I'm here to...buy a birthday present". Having unexpectedly run into him, it was all I could do to answer. After glancing at the scattered gift boxes, he bends down with his large body to pick them up.
"Ahh. No. I can pick them up myself".
"Don't mind it. It would be bad to let other customers see this. It's better to clean it up quickly. Two is better than one in that case".
Having said that, and without even a sign of disliking it, he went on to lend me a hand. It's been around 30 minutes that I had spent visiting other shops, I wonder if he finished up his business at the school during that time.

But in Katsuragi's hands, he was holding a bag of products from this shop. I sneaked a peek into it and when I did, it seemed to contain a small box packaged as a gift. It seems he hasn't given it yet.
"This should be fine". When the two of us did it together, we cleaned up the shop in no time. Fortunately, neither the clerk nor any customers happened to see this.
"Thanks". I think Katsuragi is basically a good person. During the time on the uninhabited island too, Katsuragi showed strange goodwill towards us such as when he kept watch over the corn we found. Naturally, he won't show any mercy if it comes to a competition between classes, but it seems his personality itself isn't that of a bad person.

(Continued)

"Are you buying a present for your girlfriend?" Katsuragi asks me.
"Ehh? No, it's not like that. She's just a classmate. I think I'll just buy it next time". It's not like I ever intended to buy it in the first place, but I said that as I took my distance from that corner.
And as if to match my actions, Katsuragi also took his distance, so I decided to chat him up a little to see if I could extract some information from him.
"Are you also buying a birthday present?" I asked him.
"Hmm? Why did you think that?".

"You're holding a bag from this shop in your hands, I was in the same corner too".
"I see. Indeed it is true, I suppose I shouldn't have even needed to think that" he replies to me. Perhaps he's convinced, but Katsuragi nods and meets my gaze.
"I was in a bit of trouble since I couldn't find the item I wanted, what did you buy?".
"It's no big deal. I just bought one of the chocolates you pushed down just now. I think this shop's set of items isn't bad at all, but I suppose it's up to each individual person to have their own preferences. I would do well to look around in other shops too" Katsuragi answers me.

Then, without telling me who he is giving it too and without me hearing any names, the two of us left the shop.

(Continued)

"Why are you wearing your uniform?". Naturally I'm not going to be mentioning yesterday, but for two consecutive days Katsuragi's been coming here wearing his uniform. It would be the obvious thing to do to ask him about it.
"It's necessary to wear a uniform if you wish to enter the school building after all. That's why it couldn't be helped" he tells me.
"That means you went to school?". Of course, since I was tailing him, I already know he had gone to school earlier. Now all that's left is to ask him 'who' he's giving it to. In his hands, Katsuragi's still gripping the bag.

I had thought it would be possible to obtain some information from him, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like it's going to be the case.
"Ahh. There are also various things I wanted to hand over". He did not talk deeply on the matter, but it seems Katsuragi has something on his mind since he glanced in the direction of the school.
"Have you ever thought about this? The disadvantages in going to this school?".
"Disadvantages?".
"That's right. It doesn't have anything to do with classes, but all students equally share in it". I had to put some effort into the mysterious question I was asked. If this has something to do with the difference in classes, then problems will arise on a case-by-case basis.

There are cases like Class D that's beset by a point shortage, but it's hard to imagine Class A would have such troubles. But from the statement that this applies equally to all students, such things can be excluded. If so, exactly what is it? Although I was seriously attempting to find the answer, I could not reach a conclusion.
"You don't know? Of course it varies from person to person but "You cannot contact the outside" is the disadvantage" Katsuragi tells me.

(Continued)

"Ahh. I see". But since that for me was not a disadvantage, but rather an advantage, I did not consider it at all. Of course, if you look at it normally, it might be considered a disadvantage.

"Don't you want to contact your parents or your siblings?" Katsuragi asks me.
"I wonder. But leaving me aside, I think quite a lot of students would say the same thing". In particular, girls would often complain that they're lonely. However, in regards to information leakage to the outside, this school strictly prohibits all forms of contact. If one carelessly breaks this rule, it won't end with just a warning.
"But the benefits you receive in return are massive and I don't think this is reason enough to be dissatisfied?".
"Indeed that is true. Both the point system and completeness of the facilities are something ordinary students can not enjoy and is certainly an advantage".
Furthermore, he also gets the benefit of having graduated from Class A.

Wait, why the hell am I conversing naturally with Katsuragi? In addition, during the summer vacation.
"You're a student who's close with Horikita, aren't you?".
"Is a false rumor like that spreading around?" I asked him.
"False rumor? I distinctly remember you acting together with her when you met me".
"It's something like a connection of fate that happens commonly, or more like from the flow that started when we were assigned seats next to each other, we just happened to talk to each other from there is all".
As long as it's talk pertaining to the school, it's nothing unusual at all, I think. It seems Katsuragi's also got such an image since he nods.

(Continued)

"So that's how it is. It seems surprisingly I don't know a lot about the other classes despite thinking I did. If I made you feel uncomfortable, please forgive me. I don't have any ulterior motives in this" Katsuragi tells me.
"It's something I hear often recently so it's fine. It seems Horikita's doing a great job".
"That's right". Katsuragi briefly agreed with me, but he isn't showing any signs of continuing.
"To tell you the truth, this is the third time I've come to this shop. I'm the type to constantly think about something I'm worrying about, you see. Even though it's just a present, when I think about the feelings of the one receiving it, I cannot just decide simply".

Someone he worries over giving a present to, I wonder just who it is. Should I try to dig into it a little?
"It might be strange to say something like this, but you're an upstanding person. To buy someone a birthday present like this".
"Do you think it's strange to celebrate the day of one's birth?" Katsuragi asks me.
At the very least seeing a giant skinhead do it gives me a feeling of incompatibility. But that's just a prejudiced view. In this world there are even delinquents born that would save a cat in the middle of the pouring rain.

(Continued)

"I'll be honest, who are you going to give it to?" I cut to the chase. I won't get far even if I beat around the bush.
"To who, huh?".
Perhaps that question confounded even the person in question, since he showed some hesitation.
"It's something personal. It's not something for you to hear about" he tells me.
I think it's something that can't be helped but he ended up evading the question. If he answers like that, I would no longer be in a position to inquire further. If it's a best friend it would be a different matter though.
"Excuse me". And without leaving a single word behind, Katsuragi left towards the dormitory.

I did manage to solve the problem of why he was wearing a uniform, but further mysteries only arose from that. Why did he go to the school? Why did he show up at the shop again? I could not clearly see the answers to those.

(This ends part 5 of chapter 2 of volume 4.5. Continuing the part 6 dump now)

"Oi, Ike. I investigated the Katsuragi case".
"Seriously? You're pretty good, Ayanokouji. I'm seeing you in a new light now". Saying that, Ike praised me while putting a hand on my shoulder. Was I even doing something that deserved being seen in a new light? Feeling a little doubt about how low Ike had evaluated me internally, I reported the situation to him.
"Unfortunately, I couldn't find out who from where he was giving it to". That's not quite true. To be more specific, I couldn't find out the profile of any girl he could possibly be giving it to. No matter how much I investigated, I couldn't quite figure it out.
In the same school year, there is no one with that birthday date. However, I couldn't think of any student in the other school years as well.

In this case, wouldn't the person we're thinking of in a completely different location? Looking shocked, Yamauchi raised his head.
"This is bad...I knew this would happen. Just who is Katsuragi going to give his present to?". Rather than joy or excitement, Yamauchi instead made a sorrowful expression as he starts talking as if he's understood something.
"Hey, Kanji. Didn't you think Valentine's was hell back in middle school?".
"W-w-what are you saying all of a sudden? Sure, it was tough for me. But what about it?".
"Basically isn't this a sort of extension of that...that guy, I think he could have bought it for himself".
"Surely no---n-no it could be possible. That baldie doesn't seem like he'd be popular...".

(Continued. This is part 6 of volume 4.5)

The two of them seemed to be convinced after that brief, hard-to-understand exchange. But still, it was a development that I had never expected and so I decided to ask a question.
"Are you saying he bought himself a present for his birthday?".
"What else could it be, Ayanokouji". They glared at me as if they were angry. Leaving that aside, normally one won't buy themselves their own presents, would they? Of course I did consider that he may have been rewarding himself with it to a degree. Like eating something delicious, or buying something he wants. But in this case, I don't think that's applicable.
He went out of his way to get a package a girl would like, complete with the wrappings and the chocolate inside. If he simply has that much of a sweet tooth, it would have suited him better to buy it in a different form.

"You seriously don't get it?".
"...unfortunately" I replied.
"No matter how you look at it, Katsuragi doesn't seem like the type to be popular with girls, right? But still, he is the leader of Class A".
I'm going to withhold making any comments on that statement.
"That means he must be rather prideful. He would definitely want to make others around him think he's popular. In other words, it's an act".
"It means instead of saying it's something he bought for himself, he's going to play it off as if someone had given it to him, that's what it means".
They must have felt there was nothing wrong with the conclusion they reached, since both Ike and Yamauchi nodded in agreement.

(Continued)

"I also did the same back in middle school too, I made it look like I got it from the cutest girl in the school".
"Hearing it like that doesn't it sort of feel, hollow?".
"Isn't it obvious? Of course it feels hollow, but it's better than the crushing despair of not getting any". He got angry. It seems for Ike, events like Valentine's and birthdays truly are huge events.
"By the way Haruki, you were also in the same boat weren't you?".
"Huh? No, I'm different. I was popular with the girls, you know?" Yamauchi replied to Ike.
"You liar. Then why did you say something like that? Wasn't it because you thought he was doing the same thing as you?".

"I'm telling you that's not true. In middle school, there was an unpopular guy like Kanji that I knew, that's all" Yamauchi said. It was obviously a bluff, but I had neither the means nor the intention to find out the truth.
"But that's just a guess, right?".
"No there's no doubt about it. That absolutely has to be the case!". It seems they've decided there's no further room to doubt the conclusion they've reached, since they did not argue with each other any further.
"Hey Haruki, maybe we've misunderstood baldie...Katsuragi?".
"Yeah. I was treating him with hostility because he was Class A, but now all of a sudden he seems closer to us".
"That means, you were also an unpopular guy who bought presents for himself after all".
"No. It just reminded me of my classmate and I felt sorry for him that's all" Yamauchi replied to Ike.

(Continued)

Yamauchi stubborn denies Ike's statements.
"Do you want to cooperate for a moment?". All of a sudden, something like that was said.
"What do you mean by cooperate?".
"We're going to prepare a birthday present for him".
From a state of antagonism towards Katsuragi, it seems Ike has instead changed to a state of sympathy.
"Sure, I understand it's best getting one from a girl. But that's impossible. And in that case, wouldn't it be a blessing to receive a birthday present from someone else?".
I felt something was off with that logic, but I would be hard-pressed to deny it all.

Rather than buying a present for yourself for a lie, one would want to receive a present from someone else. It's just, the thing to be careful of is sympathy can surprisingly be a troublesome thing. If Katsuragi did indeed buy the present for himself, would he even be ok with Ike and the others, who are in the know, celebrating it? On the other hand, he may instead get angry and reject their sympathy. Ike and Yamauchi have already begun discussing what to buy for him, but once again I felt doubt regarding that conclusion.
Indeed there are no girls whose birthday is tomorrow. But it's not like all other possibilities have been cut out. The teachers of this school and other authorities, including the other employees on school grounds. If we broaden the definition of 'girl' there are still a lot of candidates left.

(Continued)

Kei a best.

And besides if it's really a present for himself, would he just boldly buy it just like that. And on top of that, Katsuragi's outfit was the unusual uniform in the middle of summer vacation. It couldn't have done anything but make him stand out. It's easy to imagine people would be suspicious if they saw him, and normally one wouldn't act in uniform.
"Ayanokouji, you fork over some points too. If the three of us each have around 1500 points we could buy something nice for him".
I've already heard this kind of talk yesterday though.....
In other words, my expenditure would double. The expenditure of 1000 points is not a small thing.

"So Ayanokouji, this may be a little fast but tomorrow let's celebrate Katsuragi's birthday".
Has their switch already been turned, it seems the two of them are intent on buying Katsuragi a present.
"Are you really going to buy one?".
"Isn't it obvious we're going to buy? Don't you also think of saving an unpopular, lone man?"
Ahh, this is becoming more and more troublesome so I chose not to refuse them. Having decided to meet up tomorrow, the conversation ended and we disbanded for the day.

(This ends part 6 of volume 4.5. Continuing the part 7 dump now)

As we gathered again the next day in the afternoon, the form of Kushida was also there.
"Hello, Ayanokouji-kun".
"Oh, hello". Why is she here? Such questions were answered with the next words coming from Ike.
"No you see, yesterday I consulted Kikyo-chan. When I told her I wanted to buy a present for Katsuragi, she insisted on cooperating with us. And so she asked to join. Hey, Katsuragi would be happier too if instead of boys, a girl also celebrated his birthday" Ike told me.

He went on and on praising her, but I think he just simply wanted to create an opportunity where he could be together with Kushida. And on top of that, it would make her see Ike as someone who cares about his friends too.
"I'm also in Katsuragi-kun's debt so naturally please let me share in the costs for the present" Kushida said. And in response to that gentle consideration, Ike stared at Kushida with lovestruck eyes.
Yamauchi too, despite him gunning for Sakura, seems to be strongly affected by Kushida's charm as he seems to be having more fun than he did when it was only boys here.

(Continued. This is now part 7 of chapter 2 of volume 4.5)

"By the way, Ayanokouji-kun, why are you wearing your uniform?".
"It's just like that". I did take off my jacket earlier since it was overwhelmingly hot, but as expected the uniform makes me stand out in a bad way too.
"Let's hurry up and go!". Flanking Kushida's sides, the two of them walked out leaving me behind. And almost immediately after, a conversation started to bloom. I'm always impressed whenever I see someone capable of striking up a conversation with anyone at any time. I walk slightly behind the three of them. On the way, I spotted someone unusual outside.

"Sorry, can you go on ahead? I've got something to do" I told them.
"Fine but make sure not to keep Kikyo-chan waiting".
"Yeah". I excused myself and I approached that certain person.
"You're pretty carefree. The four of you going out shopping? Even though we suffered that much at the hands of Ryuuen-kun".
"Well, that just means Class C did something well. No point in worrying about it now. Right?".
"You're right...but, there are still a lot of things I'm not convinced of".
"Such as?".
"...nothing".

(Continued. This is pic related scene)

thanks TL-user and alice-chan looks cute here

Then, with an expression like that of Sawajiri Erika, she turned her head and didn't seem to have any sign of answering me.
"When are we right now?".
"Ehh?".
"I'm asking when we are right now, our school year. The month too".
"What are you talking about?".
"Look here, we've just finished the first semester of our first year. There's no need to rush. Just because they've extended their lead by a little doesn't mean there's a need to despair".

"But even so, that was a crushing defeat. If we don't think of a way.....".
"Even though you can't see what's directly beneath you, you always look ahead. The student known as Horikita Suzune excels at academics, but when it comes to unique fights like this, you can't do anything at all. That's the current impression of you I have" I told Horikita.

"...I get that already".
"I see, so you were aware of it. In any case, I think it's better for you to fall until you hit the bottom" I told her.
"What do you mean?".
Right now it's fine for you to be thoroughly crushed, as long as you crawl back up in the end. I think Horikita has the potential to do that.

(Continued)

"There is an order to things. Right now you should take things slowly without rushing, isn't that fine?".
"You say there's an order to things, but then why did you act on the uninhabited island? There's a contradiction there" Horikita replies to me.
"Perhaps". It can't be helped if Horikita, who does not know about my interactions with Chabashira-sensei, thinks of this as something mysterious.

During the uninhabited island test, I was forced to 'show my ability' so I had no choice but to act. Of course, the cruise ship exam, in which I did not have many pawns to act through, proved to be difficult for me, but there were still several methods available to me. But the reason I did not use those methods despite that was, if I messed up too much, nothing good could come of it.
I am fundamentally disinterested in things like Class A or Class B. Therefore, without stirring up things too much, but still showing my abilities a little to Chabashira-sensei, I can buy time that way.

That's why looking at it from my perspective, even that earlier examination was a huge success.

(Continued)

"More importantly, don't you have any questions to ask about my appearance?" I asked her.
"I do think you're wearing awfully hot clothes, but I don't have any other impression of it". As usual, she's not interested in other people.
"What are you reading today?".
"It doesn't matter to you, right?". Saying that, she didn't show any signs of letting me see the book's title.

"Well, that's fine too. I'm making Ike and the others wait so I'll be leaving now. Do you want to come too?" I asked her.
"You must be joking. I will refuse" Horikita replied.
Having expected her to answer me like that, I decided to leave without hesitation.

(This is the end of part 7 of chapter 2 of volume 4.5. I'm going to translate part 8 of chapter 2 now. I'll dump it here when I'm finished. Should be in an hour or so. Hopefully thread's kept alive)

M A I N H E R O I N E

k-kawaiizawa

So this poll is still going on and something seems really off about this. Karuizawa is absolutely tearing the other girls apart. Even if all the other girls pooled their votes they still won't have even half of what Karuizawa has now.

>I will refuse
The second time she refused his advances in this volume, another lost oportunity. Why is she boycotting the ship all the time?

Because Horikita's route is in the manga spin-off.

I remember at one point Kushida was higher than Horikita in the poll.

we should get ss for this to know what's in her mind for rejecting him

Even if there are duplicate IPs voting there. That is too much of an overwhelming advantage for one person. I would guess at most 100 votes tehre are duplicates. The rest are true.

>Ibuki 24 votes
>Sae 21 votes
>main girls almost over a hundred votes
Did they share the poll in other places?

I saw an image of the spin off manga about the choices of approaching her and not approaching her, as if it was a VN

I think some nip posted the poll in other place too. I posted on twitter yesterday, but it wouldn't have that absurd amount of votes from there I think.

>Satou 3
So me, and who the rests? Obviously they're not from outside Sup Forums.

Post the image.

CUTESHIDA

completely insane

>Why is she boycotting the ship all the time?
Because she's into NBA players a lot more.

Kei is so best it's unbelievable. She is literally a miracle.

Dunno about him, but the spin off is called √Horikita =Root (pronounced like Route) Horikita

I've read the spinoff. It's basically like a Horikita route from a VN where it pretty much excludes all the other girls just to focus on Horikita. Her brother Manabu appears a lot too. It's like a what-if scenario if 50% focuses only on Horikita to the detriment of all the other girls. Also one of the reasons I'm confident she's not winning 50% in the main LNs.

So Manabu turned out to be a nice guy. And I want to punch Tachibana, bitch can't stfu

Manabu was always a nice guy. The anime portrayed him as a dick who kabedons 50% and tries to sterilize his sister but in the LNs Manabu never does any of that and is actually a pretty cool guy. The actual villain from the student council is the pic related playboy. I sure as hell hope Ichinose hasn't been dicked down thoroughly after spending half a year in the student council.

she's a lot more emotional and hasty than i thought

I know, but he mentioned there was VN-like choice. So I'm kinda curious what did he mean by that.

Obligatory link to the poll
>strawpoll.com/82prwk18
Please vote Karuizawa

Manabu is a nice guy, there's a reason why someone said that he's too perfect to be with Horikita.

I want to FUCK Arisu

>This route is a happy end, or a...
>I, towards Horikita Suzune--------.
>Approach
>Keep my distance

Translations of that pic related. So apparently that's the VN-like choice you make. In this spinoff manga you choose to approach Horikita and get on her route. Since 50% doesn't really do that in the LNs, I can assume that in the LNs he chose the other option and is NOT on her route. This increases the likelihood that she won't be winning in the LNs since her victory here is all but assured. Since Kei is obviously canon main heroine

Is this under Kinugasa supervision? I just hope we will get other routes/spin-offs for the heroines. I'll be willingly to learn japs if Ichinose gets the route.

This is not fair

Now I want to know which choices will lead to her route now. Please anyone translate this.

I've only read the raws for the first few chapters but it seems the choices are to help her out with her brother issue since 50% actively helps her repair her relationship with Manabu in this one. Thanks to that, she becomes deredere towards him almost unlike the Horikita from the LNs or anime. Sudo doesn't even stand a chance in this spinoff, since literally no other girls but Horikita appear and get development. The choices are just to pretty much involve yourself with her only and focus on her onii-sama problem. The real question is what are the choices that lead to Kushida's route

He already missed the route in vol 1 when he didn't want to approach her unñess necessary
She missed her chances in 4.5

On the other hand, he locked onto the Karuizawa route like a homing missile when he beat the shit out of Ryuuen on that rooftop to save her.

So her route branches early.
Does this mean we will get spin-off about Sakura route after this?

earlier*
Fuck, sorry. Already midnight here.

Probably his decision to tame her right after he knows that she's a backstabber at vol 5 or 6.

Sato is hot as fuck. Kiyopon better give her a good dicking on their Christmas date in 7.5

Why aren't 3-6 on the DJT site

3-6 of what?

You still the best TL user

Volumes 3 through 6. Right now there's just 1, 2 and 7.

Anywhere to find previous translations my mate? Not talking about the old threads in archieve. Something like a pastebin or site?

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzJEgqplcpl-dlp5VW5QeUJOaE0

This literally confirms without a doubt that Horikita will NOT win in the LN.

This is the Pastebin link for the translations.
>pastebin.com/u/MadBunnyru
And this is the Google Drive link
>drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzJEgqplcpl-dlp5VW5QeUJOaE0
TL-user is doing volumes 4, 4.5, 5, 6, 7 and onwards. Confused Translations did volume 1 and a little bit of 2. OneHallYu is doing volume 3 but they're only at the beginning so far.

Thanks

Her having a spinoff manga alone cuts her chances of winning by half. But looking at the manga where her route choices branch off massively from the main story, I think we can safely say she won't win i the LNs. I mean, her route involves Kiyotaka involving himself with Manabu a lot and helping the siblings reconcile. Not to mention that route branches off very quickly (from the night Kiyotaka eavesdrops on Manabu and Horikita's talk) so the story itself changes a lot. Right now, the way things are going in the LNs, the Karuizawa route is a very strong possibility while Horikita route might as well be sealed for good. Of course she'll still be winning in the spinoff so her fans can still see a Horikita victory in some form.

There's one thing that I really like about VNs, every heroines has a chance to be with the MC.

You thought it was Kei getting NTR'd. Bet you never expected it would be Satou on the receiving end of the NTR.

It will be interesting to see if any other heroines get a spin-off in the future.

end yourself

Kiyopon and Kei enjoying some music together. The chemistry between these two is off the charts. How can Horikita even compete?

From the VN point of view, Horikita, Kushida, Sakura and Ichinose would be the first routes available, while Karuizawa's route is only available after dodging all the other heroines (or completing the other 4 if they are unlocked by order)

I'd say dodging all the other heroines is the way to go. Since Karuizawa only becomes relevant in volume 4 while all the other heroines were already pretty relevant in the previous 3 volumes. If this were a VN I'd say you need to avoid ALL the other heroine flags and avoid interacting with them as much as possible. Then, after a certain playing time has passed, this locks you onto the Karuizawa route when she starts becoming relevant.

yes please plus tsundere ryuen and ikemen hirata routes

Hiyori a best. BEST!!!

More like you finish Horikita, Sakura, and Ichinose routes, then unlocked the true route or Kei route but technically happened when you ignore all available heroines. Kushida is a bonus route.

I'm pretty sure it's under Kinugasa's supervision. He probably wouldn't let another artist just do whatever they wanted with his work. The manga's story first needs to be approved by Kinugasa at least so the mangaka doesn't end up ruining the characters. So whatever the Horikita route story is, I'm quite sure it's Kinugasa approved.

> If this were a VN I'd say you need to avoid ALL the other heroine flags and avoid interacting with them as much as possible.
And choose to release the 50% limiter

Wait, let me write the chronological order.

Vol 1 => Horikita route
||
\/
Vol 2 => Sakura route
||
\/
Vol 3
||
\/
Vol 4 => Ichinose route
||
\/
Vol 5 => Kushida route
||
\/
Vol 6
||
\/
Kei route

I think it's something like this, I guess. Kushida route could branch out from vol 5 or 6, but I forgot which vol the revelation about Kushida began.

Cute. Did you draw it yourself?

Vol 5. Bu I think her route should be started before her betrayal in vol 4

Yeah. Instead of letting her partner with Ryuuen, instead have 50% discover her schemes and quickly tame her on the ship. She'd probably start off hating him, and trying to convince him to help her scheme. But eventually, she'd mellow out once he helps her deal with her paranoia. That sort of thing, probably.

>Forgetting best route

Her route would probably be released in an expansion or fandisk

So Vol 4 has three branches? Well it was a good stop for common route.

She's a fandisk material.

Vol 1 > Can get Horikita flag
Vol 2 > Can get Sakura Route, can get Ichinose flag
Volume 3 > Can get Ibuki flag, can get Ichinose flag
Volume 4 > Can get Kushida flag, can get Karuizawa flag
Volume 5 > If Horikita flag branch to Horikita Route.
Volume 6 > If Ichinose flag, branch to Ichinose Route, if no flags yet, get Sakura flag. If Kushida flag, branch to Kushida Route.
Volume 7> If Sakura flag branch to Sakura Route. If also Karuizawa flag branch to Karuizawa Route, if also Ibuki flag branch to Ibuki Route.