Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=994OnlTR-oc
youtube.com/watch?v=LgoMU8WQguU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WEvby-c1WnI
youtube.com/watch?v=lK47Azd6OO8
youtube.com/watch?v=KP6d_N1wQu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Texhnolyze

You won't really know until you watch it again.

I haven't seen this in 10 years, was it as good as I remember? I want to rewatch it.

the final plen filter

if you liked texhnolyze or can at least appreciate it, your taste is good

>was it as good as I remember?
It's trash though.

objectively incorrect
see

Spoken a true faggot. Not that I disagree.

Episode 19 was the best episode I've ever watched, but I don't know why.

OP here, this is like watching Evangelion for the first time. I don't know what to think

I found the idea that heaven is just another hell to be really interesting in a terrible awful way. Also the fact that the whole episode is an Edward Hopper painting definitely helps.

no, there's not much what to think. Not much at all.
lol no.

Watch it again for peak mindfuck. When I rewatched it I spent the first four episodes thinking "NO NO NO NO" because I finally knew the context of what was happening and what was about to come next.

Yeah, I somewhat did. Post-anime depression is fucking weird.

returning to the 3rd dimension takes its toll on the mind

the only anime that can be compared to lain
also the supreme waifu

Yoshii did nothing wrong.

Yeah, Yoshii and Doc where the best, but really every character was great. Didn't really get Ichise and Ran, but I suppose I will after a rewatch sometime.

convoluted mess of ultra violence and contemplation. about 35% of it was good. If it made you angry over the death of the girl than you are ok in my book

It was pretty interesting but the ending just made me go "Oh, okay".

it's too slow

it's better

Well deserved dubs

evangelion is a kids show

>implying the last four episodes of texhnolyze aren't the most mentally traumatizing of any anime series
>reducing them to "oh, okay"
how can you even do this

>Edward Hopper
All the backgrounds of that anime are remodelled Hopper's paintings
>When anime tries to be Art

I enjoyed Texhnolyze more than I enjoy the paintings on their own, so I'd say it's art.

I wasn't expecting him just lying down to die, is all. I'm sure someone will tell me that it's obvious given all the shit Ichise went through, but I was a bit surprised by it.

>tfw no BD because shitty early 00s digital production

unexpected is good

So what was everyone's interpretation of the ending? What I got from it was that order and violence are two halves of the human condition which oppose each other but can't sustain themselves independently, leading to an endless cycle of rebirth and collapse. Violence without order cannibalizes itself, and order without violence has no vitality and withers away.

You're thinking too much about things that don't matter. The main takeaway was a hopeless beast of man finds peace and change in himself in the smallest of ways by wanting to protect Ran despite failing.

>You're thinking too much about things that don't matter.
That's the fun part though.

I don't remember anything about the ending. The general feeling I got from it (and hold to this day) was that struggling is meaningless but we must still struggle and dying pretty is important, even if there will be no one left to judge it is important to go out with dignity and without dirtying yourself (meaning no raping people even if it is the end of the world)

When I finish film school, and become a top tier filmmaker, i will buy the rights and make an adaptation of Texhnolyze. I even have a script ready (I have rewritten and streamlined it many times). I love the show so much.

The only one who can possibly do it justice would be someone who intrinsically has the traits that make Tarkovsky and Tarr good. Opposite ends of the spectrum but both are needed for it.

Too bad it's me that has it, pleb.

Masterpiece.
youtube.com/watch?v=994OnlTR-oc

youtube.com/watch?v=LgoMU8WQguU

Love this one so damn much. Is it a cello that's playing?

>who intrinsically has the traits that make Tarkovsky and Tarr good.
You rang? Tarkovsky is one of my favorites. I have studied both him and his style very carefully and my wish to adapt texhnolyze came to be thanks to finishing texhnolyze right after my 7th rewatch of Stalker.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WEvby-c1WnI
Isn't this track from the scene where the mc tries to find his way out of the tunnel maze?

>Stalker
Get the fuck out pleb. Texhnolyze is closest to Nostalghia.

You haven't seen boogiepop?

Pure fucking beauty that’s what you watched.

It was in lot of scenes, like 6 or 7.

I didn't say that it is the closest to Texhnolyze. It is just the movie I find myself coming back to every now and then. I love that movie, because of what it stands for. Today's soulless filmmakers think that the more money they pump into the film, the better it will be. Stalker reminds me, that a good movie can be done with three men in the middle of nowhere, with a good script and artistic passion. Hell, I have even visited Stalkers actual filming locations to get inspiration.

I want to fucking die while this music is playing. So perfectly empty and sad. That ghost town without purpose... It's my fucking life.

Check out pic related, pleb

Tex is pretty great until Yoshii dies, then it's pretty dull up until they reach the surface.
Lain was better

Also episode 1 was the best episode.

Hi, reddit

I don't understand why people compare this to Lain. Lain was so forced trash meme show.

Lain is hip with lesbians and the underground kids of the 00s. Still has nice atmosphere though.

yes i have
but you have to read the novel in order to understand it. i haven't

Because ABe

Go easy on the buzzwords, faggot.

How about no, faggot. Go watch your meme show.

For some reason, I really consider Lain, Texhnolyze, Haibane renmei, boogiepop and Kino's journey to be similar anime. I guess it is the early 2000 style and atmosphere that makes me love them.

This was probably the grimmest, most fucked up shit I have ever seen. The scene where the guy fucks his dad, was the first time that anime made me feel sick. Overall, watching the show was like getting hit in the in the nuts with a sledgehammer, painful, yet still enjoyable.

confession, I never finished lain. reminded me a lot of another anime where there was a lot of background noise/painful visuals that instead of making an atmosphere made the watching of the product hard

I generally agree. It was quite obvious with the splitting of the people underground in Lux and the people outside. The people outside were essentially dead, but Lux was dysfunctional and chaotic. Neither one worked and both are needed together for balance.

Because most of those are really slow.

>The scene where the guy fucks his dad
I don't think that happened.
>most fucked
top 20 maybe

It did happen. Off-screen though, of course.

Mine was that there is no purpose to life and even after seeing both sides of humanity, it can be hell. However, even the smallest memory can give meaning to your existance. Ichise smiling at the flower while lying down during the very end of the world always fucks me up. Incredibly powerful way of portraying the rejection of nihilism.

I enjoyed it, but I tried not to think really hard about what it was all about or its 'message', I just took it for what it was.

That's because, Lain and Haibane renmei shared the same creator. Lain and Kino shared director. Texhnolyze and Lain shared the same writer. The script writer for Kino also wrote the series composition and some of the screenplay for Boogiepop.
So they all shared creative staff to some extent.

I thought it was just fashioned to create a sense of catharsis. The ending scene with the MC looking at an image of a flower creates a sense of happiness in all the depressive shit and just ends it there.
it scratches that "sometimes I just want to let go and let everything go to shit" kind of feeling.

It definitely happened.

>youtube.com/watch?v=lK47Azd6OO8

What do you guys think about this video and other Texhnolyze analysis videos by him?

>Ichise smiling at the flower while lying down during the very end of the world always fucks me up. Incredibly powerful way of portraying the rejection of nihilism.
This. It's absolutely Nietzschean.
>If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.

>top 20 maybe
You must be joking. I dare you to name shows that are more consistently fucked up than tex. I mean, only horrible shit happens in texhnolyze. There are 0 comedic relief or happy scenes between all the dark scenes. It is just one big downward spiral into a depressing and sad ending. No other anime can come close to that dark and miserable tone and those horrible events. What are you gonna throw at me? Hellsing? Sure there is corpse rape and infant eating there, but it is mixed in with a lot of fun and chibi moments. Berserk maybe? Oh wait, Berserk hasn't been dark for a few decades now. Any other edgy shows?
What I like about Tex, is that it is not edgy. It does not victimize anyone, nor does it want to shock the viewer. The viewer is thrown into that crapsack world, filled with different unlikeable assholes, and it does what it promises to do.

That's pretty awesome. I knew there was a reason I liked those shows. Too bad that there aren't any more shows like that.

This is the main reason I like Texhnolyze so much. There's no edgy twists or shock scenes, there's just Hell. And you, the viewer, are in Hell. It's the only anime I've seen that's actually unpleasant to watch; not in the sense that it's bad, but that it's actively antagonistic to the person watching.

its lazy but im going to go directly to Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku . Im also going to drop Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin since while it had more light ending it also had more relatable setting. The old "go to"s like narutaru,bokurano all had bleak settings with sad endings. blue gender was also relentless. also that one show whos name I can never get right, reveyars or something (about kids stuck on spaceship) off the top of my head those are all I can recall, I avoided simple bloodbaths like elfen lied

Not him but seen all of those, and Texhnolyze still beats them out, they were just more dramatic about it. Ryvius isn’t even a contender though, don’t know what you were thinking.

blue gender made me feel suicidal

I'm remember watching it and thinking to myself "when will something good happen to the characters, when will something good happen to the characters, when will something good happen to the characters."
It never did.

>Ryvius isn’t even a contender though, don’t know what you were thinking.
a recall everyone being emotionally pushed to the limit and that strange rape by a gang of girls. maybe I remember reveyars wrong but to me it ranked higher than narutaru

for some reason this thread put me in the mood for casshern sins

>There are 0 comedic relief or happy scenes between all the dark scenes.
I'd say the brief bit in the mid-point of the show where Mizuno tries (and fails horribly) to take leadership of the Organo to be pretty hilarious, along with the parts where he utterly fails to convince Shinji or Kimata that he's hot shit.

I also don't think that only horrible stuff happens in the show. Sure it's pessimistic as hell, but there are moments like Ichise making peace with his father on the surface, and a few of the more tender scenes between Ichise and Ran (especially when he's talking to her while limping to the opera house)--while not "happy" per se, aren't just there to be depressing. The final scene also counts as well, in spite of all the sheer tragedy of everything.

>mfw I actually lied to myself Ran would survive because I couldn't deal with how fucked up this anime was
So fucking stupid, I have watched enough anime to know she was a goner as a waifu prophet, but I lied to myself that she was okay.

Post your reaction after you finished the show

is casshern similar to tex?
art style is so sloppy

megazone 23 (all 3 parts)

There's always Despera.

no. casshern sins is more like ergo proxy lite

speed grapher

ergo proxy was decent, but not at the same level of lain and tex. not even close

>There's always Despera.

Hahahahaha.

I liked Casshern because the whole "the entire world is fucking dying and nothing you do matters" atmosphere and the music but it's not like Tex
youtube.com/watch?v=KP6d_N1wQu4

what?

>the entire world is fucking dying
I unironically like this kind of setting even if overused sometimes. Casshern has been sitting in my backlog for years, I think I will move it up in my watching priority.

There is no perfection of the human race, and there is no further evolution. What we are is an animal with animal needs, and consciousness has deceived us into thinking that we can become higher than that when we cannot. Humanity, in its attempt at perfection, will ultimately reach a behavioral sink or an apathy when they no longer need to struggle.

Because ABe was the character designer for both and people wrongly tend to assume that he is the sole and only mastermind and writer behind Lain, Tex, and HR.

Ichise is low-key one of the best characters in all of anime because he is the ultimate everyman. I see Ran as representing those great and almost completely powerless humans who see how horrifying the world truly is.

I think you mean chaos and order rather than violence and order since order can only exist if there is a monopoly of violence

I like how you only get where is the show is going and what its trying to say only when they finally reach the surface and you're left as a helpless witness to the ending

>This was probably the grimmest, most fucked up shit I have ever seen.
Then you obviously haven't seen pic related, directed by the same dude.