Why did they even make Diebuster?

Why did they even make Diebuster?
It's just an inferior product with a bunch of shit that only superficially resembles Gunbuster. The OP and the ED are the only redeemable qualities of this heap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ca_E_-IVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why did they even make Diebuster?
They wanted a superior product to Gunbuster, and they succeeded.

/thread

Bigger monsters and robots doesn't make it superior.
I'm in a mood to laugh, let me see what you think is so much better about this than the original.

I have the impression that when people praise Gunbuster they only remember the last episode, and not sitting through pure garbage like the Smith shit.
Hard SciFi, realistic tone and serious stakes simply don't fickong work with Ace wo Nerae parodies and retarded teenagers straight out of shoujo that have no business fighting aliens in the army. The tone is all over the place and impossible to take seriously when shit gets real.
Diebuster on the other hand, has none of these problems, adopting a FLCL-esque cartoony and wacky tone consistent through the series, and actually providing justification for the presence of spoiled shitty kids protecting humanity.
This on top of being more thematically rich and having more interesting main characters, of course.

>lolsorandumb fags

>non-argument

Fighting lesbian robots.

yes but did diebuster show any nipples?

Duh.

In the damn OP
youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ca_E_-IVE
11 seconds.

both are equally fantastic and work wonderfully together
anyone who says otherwise is an unbearable tryhard faggot

>The tone is all over the place
That's the biggest flaw of Gunbuster. It's got a fun comedic first episode, then a bunch of boring typical sci-fi episodes with shitty characters and suddenly an extremely dramatic conclusion.
It's still worth watching for the nice old school designs and as a prequel to Diebuster, but it's not particularly good in itself.

>he didn't like Smith

Smith was inoffensive enough, but I did like that they did call Noriko out on her shit. It didn't matter how much she wanted to be a pilot, or how much potential Coach saw in her, her lack of ability got someone killed, and it stuck with her.

>I have the impression that when people praise Gunbuster they only remember the last episode, and not sitting through pure garbage like the Smith shit.
Man I feel the same way about Gunbuster. The first episode are unbearable of how ridiculous they are.

fpbp

Unfortunately anime is shit after 1994

I'm sold.

Nice try newfag, true patricians appreciate anime from all eras

First post best post

Between this and RE: Cutie Honey Gainax was really deep into yuri in 2004.

So is the pink haired girl supposed to be the first girls descendant?

Dude try watching it.

Buster Machine in the heart > hard work and guts

This. The first 3 episodes or so are fucking garbage. I like how noriko always whining and shit but when she got handed the super robot for no fucking reason, suddenly it's all about guts and hardwork.

Why did they even make Gunbuster?
It's just an inferior product with a bunch of shit that only superficially resembles Ace o Nerae!. The OP and the ED are the only redeemable qualities of this heap.

I cried in the end so I consider it pretty good for that reason alone.

>succeeded